Possible to show clustered and stacked columns on one chart?

I have 2 categories of sales for two companies. one is projected sales the
other is actual sales for a series of years. I want to show for each year
stacked company one and company two projected sales. Then next to it
(clustered) I want to show the same two company actual sales stacked. thanks

Jon Peltier has an example of that here:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

"crochetlady" wrote:

> I have 2 categories of sales for two companies. one is projected sales the
> other is actual sales for a series of years. I want to show for each year
> stacked company one and company two projected sales. Then next to it
> (clustered) I want to show the same two company actual sales stacked. thanks

Possible to copy and paste to a new outlook msg?
Is it possible to create a macro to copy the info from a few specific cells, create a new outlook message and paste the copied info into the new message? Thanks. Hi Derrick, Take a look at John Walkenbach's Sending Personalized Email from Excel, John Walkenbach, Tip 86, Using Outlook http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Mail Merge - Without Word, John Walkenbach, Tip 92, in Excel, of course. (This is the one with the Elephant -- Elephants R Us). http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip92.htm You could also do this with a hyperlink, but may run into problems with length....

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

Line Chart #13
Hi, The following is my data and I need to chart this. Is it possible to have a range in one cell? Thanks for your help in advance Experience (Years) Large Medium Small 1 $90,000-$100,000 $75,000-90,000 $65,000-78,000 2 $92,000-100,000 $80,000-95,000 $75,000-85,000 3 $105,000-130,000 $90,000-100,000 $85,000-95,000 4 $117,000-150,000 $100,000-115,000 $90,000-110,000 5 $140,000-170,000 $115,000-130,000 $100,000+ 6 $140,000-190,000 $135,000+ $100,000+ 7 $170,000-250,000 $135,000+ $110,000+ ...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

formating to show quotient and remainder
If if am dividing, and want the answer to display as the quotient and the remainder (not a fraction or decimal) how can I do this without running multiple formulas and concatenating them? For example: I have 70 (seconds) as my number. I want to convert this to minutes to be displayed as 1:10 (or 1.10) - I want the integer 1 and the remainder of 10 both displayed. I have managed to do this by creating a cell to calculate integer (INT), a cell to calculate remainder (MOD) and then another cell to concatenate the two previous. Seems there must be a better way! One way with 70 secon...

is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form?
is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form? Thanks ...

data labels in charts
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to chart again. I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to 2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick up the data labels from colu...

Combine variable number of columns
I have a single spreadsheet with a list of clients, addresses and their product interests. This table will be used to drive a Mailmerge document. In the document, I want to be able to refer to the products in which they indicated an interest. The problem is that while one client may have identified only one product (one column) others have selected anywhere from two to 170 products - each product is in a separate column. I can join two columns with "&", but when I have an inconsistent number of columns how do I do this efficiently? - I will have to do it for each client, e...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

cannot copy from one pub to another
all of a sudden, i cannot copy and paste from one ms pub publication to another ms pub publication. here's what i've done: i ran disk cleanup. i ran norton live update. i ran windows update. i ran office 2000 update. i ran detect and repair inside help in pub 2000. none of the above helped. you said "is clipboard set to automatic in computer services?" can you tell me where computer services is? i looked in control panel, administrative tools, component services and computer management. I ended up in console root, component services, computers, my computer, found ms pu...

Excel 2007 chart color change based on the label.
I have 12 charts 1 for each person and the data changes every week and some of the values have 0 so are filtered out. On the chart I want 0-15 to be blue, 16-30 to be light purple, 31-60 to be a cream color, 61-90 to be light blue, and 90+ to be dark purple. With the code below I can change the color if I take the if statement out but I would like to change the color based on the label. I have tried several things like .text, .name, and .label. I just can't fine the right name. Name1 0-15 1 61-90 1 90+ 3 Name 2 0-15 14 16-30 5 31-60 1 61-90 6 90+ 12 For i = 1 To A...

"Message Tracking Center" showing incorrect time #3
I have applied all of the DST patches for the OS and Exchange Server. OS is Server 2003 Standard (latest patches) and Exchange 2003 Standard (latest patches). I noticed today that when I go into the "message tracking center" teh defult end log time is one hour ahead of the computer time. Also, all of the sent times being tracked are showing as being sen one hour in the future. (i.e. real time is 3:00 PM, messages in tarckign center show having been sent at 4:00 PM). Any ideas? Thanks, Bob I don't have an answer, but I'm seeing the same thing on my system. "Bob...

Boxplot and Whisker Chart
Hello, I use the chart wizard\custom chart\Line on 2 axes to draw boxplot and whisker chart with percentage on the left y axes and quality on the right y axes but it doesn't show right like the others chart. Anyone know how to draw the Line on 2 axes or Line-column on 2 axes for Boxplot and Whisker Chart? Thanks, ...

Multiple Exchange boxes in one domain
Hi all, I have the following setup for my domain: HQ: Server 2003 Exchange 2003 We have a branch office located on another industrial estate 1/2 mile away, and we currently connect to them via WiFi (11Mb) and they are in the same domain and subnet as us. I am looking to add a second exchange box at their site so they can get their mail "locally". When I look at setting it up tho ot seems that exchange will still send the messages across the WiFi due to there only being 1 MX record? Is there a way I can get them to recive their mail directly over their own Broadband link? Also ...

To goup in each month on date column
I am using office 2007 and I have an excel sheet with the following Date OS 2/1/2009 200.30 2/1/2009 300.00 3/2/2009 400.00 5/2/2009 600.00 How I can group the excel to know outstanding in each month. To group January os and February os and so on.... Please help with thanks and Regards Try =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")="022009")*(B2:B10)) with the date in cell C1 =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(C1,"mmyyyy")*(B2:B10)) -- Jacob "pol" wrote: > I ...

Make input in one column determine dropdown list in another.
Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by dropdown list) determine which (one of several) dropdown list is used in another column? Use a list formula of the type =OFFSET(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2),0,0,(COUNTA(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2))),1) where E1 is the first DD. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gettin-older" <gettin-older@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FF90B6B-F07F-402B-A042-E1B103C40EED@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by > dr...

Show hidden text
I have a form with form fields. I'm trying to add functionality that will make visible hidden text by saying if "Add Objective" is selected in a dropdown, select bookmark "ShowObj3" and unhide that text. I know a macro will probably be more efficient, but can this also be accomplished using field codes. I'm not too savvy with macros so please make it as simple as possible. Thank you. ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("ShowObj3").Range.Font.Hidden=False -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my ...

Chart with three SeriesCollections
Greetings! At me such question: I have constructed a chart with thre SeriesCollections, but it shows strange - that is values1 = values values1 and values2 = values + values1 + values2. Categories are the same. How to show it in a normal kind -- docd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- docdz's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m35 View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t229428 ...

Need to expand past column IV
Hi, Were using Excel 2003 and ran into the end of colums at IV. Besides upgrading to Office 2007 is there way to extend or add-in more columns. Thanks, BobV Bob, No, but using all 256 columns is often a sign that you should use database data style entry - instead of having a column for each of the ?days(?) enter the column property as a field, with each entry in a separate row. Beyond that, it is hard to be more specific since your question is vague. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Vinecom" <vinecom@nospam.net> wrote in message news:8CBC158A-0AE4-46D6-9EB3-4CCDA375CCA9@mi...

Filter for time elapsed between 2 columns
I have Planned Start Time And Actual Start Time I only want to return records where the Planned Start Time is equal to or less than 48 hours from the Actual Start Time Thanks for your help I assume that this time fields include also the date, other wise you can't know the different between two times unless they are both on the same day, which mean up to 24 houres In the query create another column that calculate the different between the two fields HoursDiff: DateDiff("h",[Start Time],[Actual Start Time]) That will return the different in hours, under that field create t...

Connecting Shapes
I cannot figure out why when I click the connecting tool, and click on a connection point of one shape, then drag to another shapes connection point, the line doesn't connect. I can't figure this out, then when I add mulitple shapes, the connection lines do not even come close to the shapes, they appear at the bottom left hand corner of the screen!! Ugh...please help! I have auto connect on and tried to check and un-check the snap and glue options.. but nothing seems to help. I have to get this org chart done by next week..and 2007 was just installed... What is going on !?? ...

Inserting chart AND related table in document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Inside of a Word document, I have inserted a new table which has a corresponding chart. Everything works fine and updates as I enter new information. <br><br>What I want to do is have both the chart and the table in my document, as the table has a details field I want people to see that is not reflected in the chart. AFAIK, the chart cannot display anything not directly related to it. A data table can be included but that won't satisfy what I understand your requirement to be. You can also ...

Chart the Top 3 values
I'm a programmer, but I don't program in Excel normally so bear with me. I currently have an Excel chart that displays the frequency of Accidents in Man Hours Lost for the overall Program with the x-axis being each Qtr. Within this Program are 40 Projects. What I would like to do is chart the top 3 most accident prone Projects as an overlay on the existing chart. I've worked out how to add a combo box that will add a series to the chart based on the user's selection(s), which gives them the ability to add desired project ranges to the chart. But, I would like to make ...

Excel password protected not opening up on just one PC.
This is a bizarre problem. We have an excel sheet that is password protected and is able to open up on every other computer except for this one PC. I don't understand why, but it just keeps on saying the password is wrong. I've tried the Cap Locks and I've tried a new keyboard, still no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! All I can think of is to put a copy of the unprotected sheet on the PC and then setup the protection and see if it can be used on the rogue PC at first, then any other PC if that's OK. "M. Lord" wrote: > This...