population pyramids using bar charts with a secondary axis

I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently
learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However,
I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have
some suggestions.

My organization has been producing reports that contain population
pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it
didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use
two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to
the point where we would like our charts to be available online for
download. If we save the charts from Excel, of course each pyramid has
two charts that become GIFs, which is non-ideal. Here's an example of
what we have now:

http://epdc.org/CPGraphs/HumanCapitalPyramid/Bolivia_curmale.png
http://epdc.org/CPGraphs/HumanCapitalPyramid/Bolivia_curfemale.png

and here is the progress that I've made:

http://epdc.org/junk/HCPsecondary.png

The big remaining problem is that I need (or would really really like)
a single visible y-axis (I'm calling the horizontal axis y because
that's what Excel does). It's not as simple as making one axis
invisible and changing the way that negative numbers are displayed.
Since we would like to keep the age group labels in the middle of the
pyramid, the y-axis would actually need to have two zeros, if that
makes sense.

Any ideas?

Have a look at Jon's example
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"sarah o." <sarah.oh.liver@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently
> learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However,
> I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have
> some suggestions.
>
> My organization has been producing reports that contain population
> pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it
> didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use
> two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to
> the point where we would like our charts to be available online for
> download. If we save the charts from Excel, of course each pyramid has
> two charts that become GIFs, which is non-ideal. Here's an example of
> what we have now:
>
> http://epdc.org/CPGraphs/HumanCapitalPyramid/Bolivia_curmale.png
> http://epdc.org/CPGraphs/HumanCapitalPyramid/Bolivia_curfemale.png
>
> and here is the progress that I've made:
>
> http://epdc.org/junk/HCPsecondary.png
>
> The big remaining problem is that I need (or would really really like)
> a single visible y-axis (I'm calling the horizontal axis y because
> that's what Excel does). It's not as simple as making one axis
> invisible and changing the way that negative numbers are displayed.
> Since we would like to keep the age group labels in the middle of the
> pyramid, the y-axis would actually need to have two zeros, if that
> makes sense.
>
> Any ideas?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
12/6/2006 7:28:13 PM
Thanks--it looks like the "Arbitrary Axis Scale" is the bit that I'm
missing. I'll try this out soon.

Sarah

Bernard Liengme wrote:
> Have a look at Jon's example
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "sarah o." <sarah.oh.liver@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently
> > learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However,
> > I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have
> > some suggestions.
> >
> > My organization has been producing reports that contain population
> > pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it
> > didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use
> > two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to
> > the point where we would like our charts to be available online for
> > download. If we save the charts from Excel, of course each pyramid has
> > two charts that become GIFs, which is non-ideal. Here's an example of
> > what we have now:
> >
> > http://epdc.org/CPGraphs/HumanCapitalPyramid/Bolivia_curmale.png
> > http://epdc.org/CPGraphs/HumanCapitalPyramid/Bolivia_curfemale.png
> >
> > and here is the progress that I've made:
> >
> > http://epdc.org/junk/HCPsecondary.png
> >
> > The big remaining problem is that I need (or would really really like)
> > a single visible y-axis (I'm calling the horizontal axis y because
> > that's what Excel does). It's not as simple as making one axis
> > invisible and changing the way that negative numbers are displayed.
> > Since we would like to keep the age group labels in the middle of the
> > pyramid, the y-axis would actually need to have two zeros, if that
> > makes sense.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Ah, I tried to use the Arbitrary Axis technique described here:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html, but it seems
that XY charts and bar charts cannot be combined. How frustrating,
since bar charts are so much like column charts, which can be combined
with XY charts.

I appreciate the lead, even if it didn't pan out. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Sarah

sarah o. wrote:
> Thanks--it looks like the "Arbitrary Axis Scale" is the bit that I'm
> missing. I'll try this out soon.
>
> Sarah
>

> Bernard Liengme wrote:
> > Have a look at Jon's example
> > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html
> > best wishes
> > --
> > Bernard V Liengme
> > www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> > remove caps from email

How about using the same technique to make a column tornado chart. Then you
might be able to add a second data series.
best wishes
--

> Ah, I tried to use the Arbitrary Axis technique described here:
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html, but it seems
> that XY charts and bar charts cannot be combined. How frustrating,
> since bar charts are so much like column charts, which can be combined
> with XY charts.
>
> I appreciate the lead, even if it didn't pan out. Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Sarah
>
> sarah o. wrote:
>> Thanks--it looks like the "Arbitrary Axis Scale" is the bit that I'm
>> missing. I'll try this out soon.
>>
>> Sarah
>>

>> Bernard Liengme wrote:
>> > Have a look at Jon's example
>> > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html
>> > best wishes
>> > --
>> > Bernard V Liengme
>> > www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> > remove caps from email

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
12/6/2006 10:27:12 PM
Hi,

If you just need a single image could you not group the charts before
creating an image file?

How often do you have to produce these charts and much does the data
change? It is possible to construct the chart you want using a single
chart and multiple data series. But, and you knew there was a but coming
;) , The value scale is not dynamic. Even with VBA code it could be
complex. The hard part positioning the data label holding the scale value.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

However, I've gotten it to work, and I'm pretty pleased about that. I
took Bernard's suggestion and followed the instructions for creating a
tornado chart, and then added an arbitrary axis using the Line chart
type. It took some fiddling and calculations to get everything scaling
properly, and with nice whole numbers on the axis, but I'm very happy
with the result.

In answer to your second question, I produce these charts very often as
our projection calculations change, and I produce them for 75
countries. So appropriate scaling is important. However, I think I've
figured out how to do it just using calculations in cells--no VBA.

Thanks for all the help,
Sarah

Andy Pope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you just need a single image could you not group the charts before
> creating an image file?
>
> How often do you have to produce these charts and much does the data
> change? It is possible to construct the chart you want using a single
> chart and multiple data series. But, and you knew there was a but coming
> ;) , The value scale is not dynamic. Even with VBA code it could be
> complex. The hard part positioning the data label holding the scale value.
>
> Cheers
> Andy

Just in case anyone else finds it useful, here's the result:
http://epdc.org/junk/testpyramid.xls.

Sarah

Andy Pope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you just need a single image could you not group the charts before
> creating an image file?
>
> How often do you have to produce these charts and much does the data
> change? It is possible to construct the chart you want using a single
> chart and multiple data series. But, and you knew there was a but coming
> ;) , The value scale is not dynamic. Even with VBA code it could be
> complex. The hard part positioning the data label holding the scale value.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> sarah o. wrote:
> > Ah, I tried to use the Arbitrary Axis technique described here:
> > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html, but it seems
> > that XY charts and bar charts cannot be combined. How frustrating,
> > since bar charts are so much like column charts, which can be combined
> > with XY charts.
> >
> > I appreciate the lead, even if it didn't pan out. Any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sarah
> >
> > sarah o. wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks--it looks like the "Arbitrary Axis Scale" is the bit that I'm
> >>missing. I'll try this out soon.
> >>
> >>Sarah

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Looks like you did manage to combine the stacked bar chart with an XY
series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

> Just in case anyone else finds it useful, here's the result:
> http://epdc.org/junk/testpyramid.xls.
>
> Sarah
>
> Andy Pope wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you just need a single image could you not group the charts before
>> creating an image file?
>>
>> How often do you have to produce these charts and much does the data
>> change? It is possible to construct the chart you want using a single
>> chart and multiple data series. But, and you knew there was a but coming
>> ;) , The value scale is not dynamic. Even with VBA code it could be
>> complex. The hard part positioning the data label holding the scale
>> value.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> sarah o. wrote:
>> > Ah, I tried to use the Arbitrary Axis technique described here:
>> > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html, but it seems
>> > that XY charts and bar charts cannot be combined. How frustrating,
>> > since bar charts are so much like column charts, which can be combined
>> > with XY charts.
>> >
>> > I appreciate the lead, even if it didn't pan out. Any other ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Sarah

>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
12/9/2006 4:30:40 AM
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for making your final solution available to view. Nice job on
that chart.

By the way as all your bars are on the primary axis you could change the
line series to an xy-scatter series. remove the primary value axis and
display the secondary value axis instead. You can then format the axis
using built-in dialogs.

Cheers
Andy

sarah o. wrote:
> Just in case anyone else finds it useful, here's the result:
> http://epdc.org/junk/testpyramid.xls.
>
> Sarah
>
> Andy Pope wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>If you just need a single image could you not group the charts before
>>creating an image file?
>>
>>How often do you have to produce these charts and much does the data
>>change? It is possible to construct the chart you want using a single
>>chart and multiple data series. But, and you knew there was a but coming
>>;) , The value scale is not dynamic. Even with VBA code it could be
>>complex. The hard part positioning the data label holding the scale value.
>>
>>Cheers
>>Andy
>>
>>sarah o. wrote:
>>
>>>Ah, I tried to use the Arbitrary Axis technique described here:
>>>http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html, but it seems
>>>that XY charts and bar charts cannot be combined. How frustrating,
>>>since bar charts are so much like column charts, which can be combined
>>>with XY charts.
>>>
>>>I appreciate the lead, even if it didn't pan out. Any other ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Sarah

>>--
>>
>>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>http://www.andypope.info

0
andy9699 (3616)
12/9/2006 4:18:19 PM
Disregard my suggestion of using the secondary axis. Obviously you can't
do that as you have 2 origins on the scale, which is why you had to fake
the scale in the first place.

Cheers
Andy

Andy Pope wrote:
> Hi Sarah,
>
> Thanks for making your final solution available to view. Nice job on
> that chart.
>
> By the way as all your bars are on the primary axis you could change the
> line series to an xy-scatter series. remove the primary value axis and
> display the secondary value axis instead. You can then format the axis
> using built-in dialogs.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> sarah o. wrote:
>
>> Just in case anyone else finds it useful, here's the result:
>> http://epdc.org/junk/testpyramid.xls.
>>
>> Sarah
>>
>> Andy Pope wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If you just need a single image could you not group the charts before
>>> creating an image file?
>>>
>>> How often do you have to produce these charts and much does the data
>>> change? It is possible to construct the chart you want using a single
>>> chart and multiple data series. But, and you knew there was a but coming
>>> ;) , The value scale is not dynamic. Even with VBA code it could be
>>> complex. The hard part positioning the data label holding the scale
>>> value.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Andy

>>> --
>>>
>>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>> http://www.andypope.info

0
andy9699 (3616)

How can I email an excel file using my outlook contacts?
"cheflady" <cheflady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9C13E60-150D-4F03-B519-A8769F08CD0F@microsoft.com... > > <sigh> Please use the big white space to write your question........ exactly the same way you email ANY file..... go to file\send\mail recipient( as attachment) "Gordon" wrote: > "cheflady" <cheflady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:F9C13E60-150D-4F03-B519-A8769F08CD0F@microsoft.com... > > > > > > > <sigh> Please use the big white space to write you...

MenuBar and tool bar with CFrameWnd not working
Hi everyone, I tried to create my MenuBar and tool bar with CFrameWnd, but it is not working and I can't see any menu bar and tool bar. All the menu bar code that I have found from the Internet is implemented on a doc/view way. And I wonder if this matters? How can I have a menubar and toolbar with my CFrameWnd? Thank You so much ...

change the text in the legend of a chart w/o changing pivot text
I am trying to create a series of pie charts that compares demographic data for clients assisted with multiple housing-related activities (new homebuyer, rehab, foreclosure prevention, etc.) If I want to look at the age of new homebuyers, on my pivot table I deselect all activities except new homebuyer. After I make my pie chart, in the legend the labels are "new homebuyer 18-24", "new homebuyer 25-34", etc. It's pretty self-explanatory that these are all "new homebuyers". I need for the New Homebuyer part to not be shown in the legend, but I can...

Changing Function to use a Date Input
Hi. can anyone please advise me on how to change the function keys.. sa F10, F11 & F12 to use to input a date into a cell. EG. F10 to be 01/01/04 F11 to be 02/01/04 F12 to be 03/01/04 What I require is to go to any cell and press the relevant function ke to Input the associated date Any help would be greatly appreciate Many thank Rob PS using Excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First, I'm not sure if you entered Jan 1, 2004, Feb 1, 2004, and Mar 1, 2004 or Jan 1st-3rd, 2004. Here are a couple of macros. The first turns this on, the second turns it...

tender using outside gift card
Hi, does anyone know how to 'pass' the transaction total to an outside exe or dll? we are trying to process the transaction with a gift card (not an internal gift card, this GC is another company who wants to 'share' the gift card balance). basically RMS needs to pass the transaction total to the exe (or dll) which will query the balance of the gift card (over the internet and/or local DB). the exe/dll will query its database and return a yes or no to RMS any help would be appreciated. scott@kanesvending.com -- Walt You use what's called a "Hook" function t...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

Using 'Add to Favourites' option on a shared calendar not working
In Outlook 2007 we have a few users who are unable to add a shared calendar to their Calendars->Other Calendars list. The steps that work on a mojority of computers are: 1. Go->Folder List. 2. Navigate to Public Folders->All Public Folders->...->Communal Calendar. 3. Right Click on Communal Calendar and select 'Add to Favourites'. 4. Click OK on 'Add to Favourites' dialog. 5. Go->Calendar and the calendar should have appeared under 'Other Calendars' list. However, in a few cases when OK is clicked in step 4 the calendar never appears in...

CALCULATING DEPRECIATION USING ACCESS
HOW DO I DO IT? Why don't you ask the Access newsgroup instead of the Microsft CRM ng? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "PATRICK" <PATRICK@GLWHOLESALE.COM> wrote in message news:026d01c352d1$755a23b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > HOW DO I DO IT? ...

How to use this DeleteEMFs() Macro
This macro was on the MicroSoft website as a work around for the .emf storage problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299372 What exactly does this macro do and how should I use it? I want to remove all the .emf files from a particular Excel File. B/c the workbook creates hundreds or thousands of temp .emf files everytime it opens and it takes forever to open.. Thank you very much for any help! george Private Sub Workbook_Open() Call DeleteEMFs End Sub Private Sub DeleteEMFs() Dim fso As Variant Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"...

Vb macro stops when I try to create more than 89 charts
I created an Excel2002 VB macro that manipulates some data in different ways then it creates charts of the certain parts of data that I extracted. Every time when the macro is trying to create the 90th chart the macro stops (the VB Editor still says that the macro is running but nothing happen). When I press the pause or the stop button the Excel closes without any warning. Is there a limitation on how many charts I can create, or is something to do with my computer memory (and if that is the problem any suggestions on how to re-write the procedures to manage the memory better?) I have...

Hide Alternate Labels on Date Axis
Hi, I'm having trouble trying to hide every other label along a horizontal date axis. I start on the 01-Jan up to 10-Jan and through using the 'Format Axis'->'Scale'->'Major Unit' and setting this to 2 I can hide the labels: '02-Jan'; '04-Jan'; etc. However, I want to hide the odd dates: '01-Jan'; '03-Jan'; etc. I have tried the various combinations with the dialog box but can't get anything to work. Should I be using a custom formula or something? Any help is much appreciated. Paul. In article <1168177092.892944...

X axis sublabels
I'm having trouble getting two labels on the X axis. My data is such that there is a subject's name and then two different situations for that subject, each with a pre- and post-score. So, for each subject, there are 4 histogram bars in 2 groups of 2. I am trying to figure out how to have my category axis labels with the subject's name which would go below a number 1 and a number 2. Excel will only let me have one category value (the 1 and 2), and I cannot figure out how to add the subject's name below those values. Any assistance would be much appreciated! Thanks! Sample da...

Shaded Area in Lieu of Excel Charts
I have a workbook with six worksheets in 3 pairs. Each pair contains a 'detailed data' worksheet and a 'summary' worksheet. The summary worksheet summarizes data from the detailed data. The summary worksheet also has a chart based on the data summary. The problem is that the Excel charts do not display unless I click on the shaded area where the charts should appear. Once the chart is visible, if I click outside the area, the chart disappears and is replaced by a shaded area. I started experiencing this problem when I shared the workbook with my colleagues. Now I do no...

pie chart areas reflect magnitude
I want to show several pie charts all on the same scale. Example: chart 1 values total to 10, chart 2 values total to 100. So chart 1 is scaled so its area=10, and chart 2 is scaled beside it so its area=100. That would show not only the values of the parts in each pie chart, but the comparison in magnitude between charts 1 and 2. In this example, chart 2 is a much greater value, and therefore bigger pie chart. How can I do that? I tried it with bar charts, could not find what I wanted there, either. At best this will produce a set of cartoons which is semi-qualitative and non-qu...

Using cell value in VBA sub
I'm using the following sub Sub FindRow() Dim rngFound As Range Set rngFound = Range("A:A").Cells.Find(What:="test", _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, _ LookAt:=xlPart, _ MatchCase:=False) If rngFound Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Sorry ""test"" was not found" Else rngFound.EntireRow.Select End If End Sub My problem is that if I excange Test with a1 - wanting to look the value in cell a1 I always get the first blank a-cel...

Complex Query question
I've got a challenging query I need help with! Here's a snapshot of the tables and relationships. I've put the relevant tables into this query layout just for illustrative purposes. ----- click on it to make it bigger (it's still a little hard to read) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6xu9oh4&s=1 Note - the table names start with phrases that are not relevant to this question (ie I use the word "record" for another use than the normal database usage of that word). ------ I'll explain the setup. I want the Table Record-Orders-Sales to lookup Record-Cur...

Outlook 2003 hangs when using Word 2003 as email editor
I'm having a recent problem with Outlook 2003. When using Word 2003 as email editor and attempting to reply to a message, my application hangs for a long time. I then can release it only but closing Word through task manager. Microsoft is evidently aware of this problem by posting "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278214," but without providing a resolution or workaround. I've repaired Outlook and uninstalled both applications, then reinstalled. I've deleted the 2 add-ins and installed Outlook and Word without any success. Can anyone help me? I really li...

How do I create a topographic map using Excel?
I am a teacher and need to create a topographic map using Excel? I can not figure out how to get a third axis. Any suggestions would be more than helpful. You could make a contour or surface chart. This doesn't work with any X and Y values you want to include, however. You need regularly spaced X and Y values, categories, really, and exactly one Z value for each possible X-Y pair. It's pretty unsatisfactory for a topographical map, unless you generate loads of X and Y values. The data has to be arranged thus: Y1 Y2 Y3 X1 Z11 Z12 Z13 X2 Z21 Z22 Z23 X3 Z31 Z32 ...

Use of Indirect
I am trying to do something similar to what I have seen on one of these discussions. I have sheetnames of the other worksheets in a workbook in row 1 of a worksheet and am wanting to refer to a formula in cell A33 of each of the works - I've always had problems getting my head around this "INDIRECT" function. For instance in D31 I'm trying to get the result ="SheetnameD1"!A33 using something like: =INDIRECT("'"&D1&"'!A33",), but there are two problems with this, 1 this returns a #REF! error, and 2 copying it across the rows wil...

How do I make a stacked column chart with side-by-side comparison.
Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Take a look at Jon Peltier's site. He has lots of examples of different chart types. I'll start you out on the page you might want to look at. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html "Tim" wrote: > Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a > clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Here's a page with links to clustered-stacke...

Remove time portion from date on Excel 2007 chart
I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. Where does this appear? Which labels? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ NeoFax wrote: > I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date > in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores > whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Font Format in Axis Labels
Is there a way to format font in axis labels? Like Bold, 12pt, Red "Phil Hageman" <PhilHageman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C37738-83BB-45CA-9482-87060B0F5359@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format font in axis labels? Like Bold, 12pt, Red Yes. Format Axis, and then the Font tab. -- David Biddulph Hi, If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis Cheers Andy Phil Hageman wrote: > Is there a way to for...

Chart Displays in reverse order
Hi I have a chart with 2 axes and several plots of data. I am looking at 5min time intervals and have the data in the sheet from the most current in in row 8 to the oldest data in row 71. My chart however displays all the data in reverse order including the chart labels. If I reverse the lables it does not change the data displaying in reverse. Any thoughts? ok I had to change both axis to reverse... sorry! "John" wrote: > Hi I have a chart with 2 axes and several plots of data. I am looking at > 5min time intervals and have the data in the sheet from t...

linking spreadsheet colour to chart
I have data that I must produce in a chart. Normally from a pivot table. The certain parts of the data are colour specific from an index. Is there anyway (other than filling the chart colours in manually) to link the data from the spreadsheet to the chart? ...