Plotting results of survey fields

I have a spreadsheet that measures various aspects of particular features
(i.e. usability, age of application, etc) as noted in the chart sample below

              Ease of
Feature	Use      Flexibility
A	1	4
B	2	2
C	3	5
D	5	5
E	1	1

I want to compare my results in a matrix that allows those features ranking
low (1,1) to be plotted on the lower left of the chart and those ranking high
(5,5) in the upper right, with values in between.  I have tried to do this as
a scatter diagram, but am having difficulty getting the results to plot
correctly.

Also, I need to separate those entries having the same results so they do
not lay on top of each other.  Any assistance you can offer is appreciated
--
Thanks for your help,

Jerry
0
jerry (163)

Select the numbers (and just the numbers) in the 'Ease of use' and
'Flexibility' columns.  Create a XY Scatter chart.  The first should be
on the x-axis, the 2nd on the y-axis.

Download and install either XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or Chart
Tools (www.j-walk.com).  Use it to add column 'Feature' as the
datalabels.

If this is a one time (or infrequent) graph, manually move any
overlapping labels to aesthetically appealing alternative locations.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <7D7B8410-AD6C-4B7E-BA55-A5AB5EA6919E@microsoft.com>,
Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a spreadsheet that measures various aspects of particular features
> (i.e. usability, age of application, etc) as noted in the chart sample below
>
>               Ease of
> Feature	Use      Flexibility
> A	1	4
> B	2	2
> C	3	5
> D	5	5
> E	1	1
>
> I want to compare my results in a matrix that allows those features ranking
> low (1,1) to be plotted on the lower left of the chart and those ranking high
> (5,5) in the upper right, with values in between.  I have tried to do this as
> a scatter diagram, but am having difficulty getting the results to plot
> correctly.
>
> Also, I need to separate those entries having the same results so they do
> not lay on top of each other.  Any assistance you can offer is appreciated

Read only fields on a form
How do you make a field on a form "Read only"? ...

How do I sort by calculated field
relationship = one buyer to many purchases. Report is summary of buyer purchases. Number of purchases and total purchased. The number of purchases is calculated "=Count([Lot Info]![Lot No])" , the total purchase is calculated "=Sum([Price])" How can I make the report sort by descending total purchases? By descending total lots? To get the information to report one total line sorting and grouping is set to group by buyer number, group ascending. group on each value, interval =1, keep together = whole group. Presumably the sum of price is in a group footer, so...

Can you add a field in the body of a text box
I'm trying to use a REPORT in Access to generate a letter. Can I have a field display in the body of the text box? For ex: if my field is [total] can I have something like "Our records indicate your total purchases are [total] and your total expenses are..." thanks! The answer to your question is NO! However you can do what you want by storing phrase in a table: TblPhrase PhraseID Phrase Where the first Phrase record is "Our records indicate your total purchases are" and the second Phrase record is "and your total expenses are...". The...

Analysis Cubes
Hello Everyone, How do you make User-defined fields available for Analysis cubes? I looked on the KBs but found none that addressed this. Thanks in advance! ...

Listing all Fields
OK here is the problem. I have a table that has Key Table: KeyID KeyDescription Key Location Personnel Table: KeyID LastName FirstName I am trying to create a report that lists all keys and under that any personnel that have the key. Now I tried to create a simple report but every time I try to list "all" the keys, it only list them if there is are personnel related to that key. I want all keys listed even if there are no personnel connected to that key. HELP! BTW, I am a newbie and using the wizards are my main way of creating things. I can drag and drop controls on to fo...

CSS and disabled fields
Is there something special I have to do to Stylize a disabled field? It appears to me that this is a bug... but it could have been blocked on purpose for a reason. Is your CSS valid? Submit your question with a link to a publicly accessible page that exemplifies the issue at IE Web Development Forum http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads Regards. "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA4C6253-1447-45A5-91D7-1BA5FF140BD7@microsoft.com... > Is there something special I have to do to Stylize a disa...

Create Access table with autonumber field?
How can I create an Access table that has an autonumber field? I usually create the sql string and then run it with ExecuteNonQuery(). But I added the AUTONUMBER keyword and it's giving me a syntax error. This is the sql script I'm using: create table myTable (line_id AUTONUMBER, field1 TEXT(50), field2 TEXT(50)) Any help is appreciated. Thanks. "VMI" <VMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6502B12-BA5E-4BD2-8C7D-BDF0586F4702@microsoft.com... > How can I create an Access table that has an autonumber field? > > I usually cre...

How do I set up excel to tab from field to field in a form?
any help would be appreciated... Big Mac, One approach is to unlock the cells you'll be using (Format - Cells - Protection - deselect Locked), then protect the sheet (Tools - Protection - Protect sheet). Now tabbing will be only to the unprotected cells. -- Earl Kiosterud "bigmac6365" <bigmac6365@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020DDFD9-50F4-4FC2-A79F-0F0B1694C85E@microsoft.com... > any help would be appreciated... bigmac Several methods depending upon your particular sequencing needs. To TAB to desired cells....... 1. Unlock the cells you...

description from dimension fields needed in purchase order/item li
We originally did not attach sub descriptions on our matrix/part number because of the way the price tags would read on our merchandise. It is alot cleaner looking to have a simple description and then in the fields below to show size and color. So, it really should not be necessary to attach the dimensions to the part number. As you know with the character limitations this does not give good information anyway. So, what we really need is for the dimension fields to show in seperate colums both when we look at items and when we create purchase orders. Not having the ability to do this i...

Changing result color
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA4D8A.E24B1F00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Need help (again) I have an Excel 2007 worksheet column that contains a calculated average = of some daily postings. Is there a way to change the font color of the = results when the average exceeds a certain number ? The calculation of the average is fine but I would like to have high = results really stand out when the average exceeds 150. Thanks for your help. Gene L. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01...

Custom Fields in Crystal Reports?
I have created a number of custom fields using the schema manager in the Deployment Manager and am now trying to write some addl reports but can't see all of the fields. The one's I added a couple of weeks ago are there but the ones recently added are not. I have published the changes, reset IIS, the new fields display on the forms, etc....I have also Verified the database in Crystal and it says it is up to date. Any other ideas on how to get make my customer fields avail in Crystal? i also noticed that a couple of new user that I created are not avail to me in Crystal when setting r...

How to Map Custom Fields through Promotions`
Good Afternoon All, I am trying to figure out how to map custom fields, and then have the data transfer once it has been promoted. In other words, I have a referral pull down field that the user chooses when a new lead is created. I would that field to then transfer to the account or contact once the lead info has been promoted. Can someone walk me through how to set this up? Joe Hi Joe, I am not sure if there is an easier way to do it "out of the box" or not but there is definitely a "coding" way out. The method would involve the following steps: - Use Call ...

Calculated Field in Form not Updating
My table has 50 number fields to track a quiz results (Q1, Q2, Q3, etc). My Form to input the correct and incorrect results of the quiz uses radio (option) buttons (On=Correct=0) and (Off=Incorrect=-1). (I tried using True/False fields, but I coudn't figure out how to add/sum those) My Form has a results field to show the instructor entering the data what percent the employee got on each category. The first category is questions Q1 through Q10 and my results text box says... =Abs(([Q1]+[Q2]+[Q3]+[Q4]+[Q5]+[Q6]+[Q7]+[Q8]+[Q9]+[Q10])/10) When I enter my first field ...

HR: Not all required fields have been entered
I'm attempting to enter a new employee, it looks like I have all required fields entered, but I'm still getting this error message. Anything else for me to look for or pay attention to? THanks! PS: I've entered many new employees in, what I think is exactly the same way, and never had this error stop me. ...

Conditional Field in Queries

Adding fields to account table
I added 3 custom fileds to my account table. I want to add some more but I am concerned that I might run into the 8K limit on record size in SQL Server. When I ran the following query in the MSCRM database, I got back a total record size of 9077 SELECT sum(c.length) FROM syscolumns c JOIN systypes t ON c.xtype=t.xtype WHERE c.id=object_id('account') AND t.name <> 'sysname' This indicates I am already over the limit (if all of the fields were filled to max length). How safe is it to add additional fields in CRM? What happens when I hit the 8K limit on a particular rec...

Mail merge error
I'm trying to do a mail merge to Leads and so far all but 1 lead has resulted in there just being blank fields with no information even though all Leads have all the information in them? This is one of the main purposes of CRM, does anyone know a fix for this? ...

Auto populate form fields from table
Hi, I would like to automatically populate fields in a form when the user keys in an item code. My form is based on a table (tblDocument) and contains [ItemID], [ItemShort] and [ItemLong] while my source table (tblMaster) contains the same fields. When the user enters the item ID number, I would like to copy the short and long descriptions from master table to the document table. Can anyone advise the best way to do this? I am aware that this is not in line with best normalisation practice. However, we frequently have to modify the fields in the form and then store the modified text in ...

How do you add a drop down calendar to a form field?
Is this possible? Do you mean the "Class" MSCAL.Calendar.7...the Calendar Control? "kjv77" wrote: > Is this possible? What version of Access are you using? I believe that this is built into Access 2007. HTH "kjv77" wrote: > Is this possible? It is. Date Picker in the Form Properties Format Tab "roccogrand" wrote: > What version of Access are you using? I believe that this is built into > Access 2007. > > HTH > > "kjv77" wrote: > > > Is this possible? There's VB, C, and J code to do this...

Plain Text In Image Field
It was not my choice to use an image field to store text in software released in 2009, but here it is... I'm trying to debug a script that is writing updates from another database to the history log that uses an image field to store the text data. All is well using either writeText or updateText w/out errors. My challenge is to easily view the results of the image field in my query for debugging. Image data field contains 'Hello World' in the notes field the value appears as: 0x48656C6C6F20576F726C64 1. Is there a way in an inline query to view as 'Hello W...

Query to find the sum of fields...
Hello all,I have an orders table that stores all the orders from variouscustomers sorted by order date descending (I guess that part doesn'treally make a difference). Anyhow, I want a query that gives me a"grand total" of every order from a particular customer. I'm reallynot sure how to go about it... with a Select Query or CrossTab Queryor even a different way completely.What I have is a table called [ORDERS] with the following fields:OrderIDOrderDateCustomerIDOrderTotaletc.Obviously there are orders placed from the same customer throughoutthe year but would have different...

QUERY to show record if text present in field
I have a query that I would like for it to only show a record if there is something (text/anything) present in that field. Any ideas on how to do that would be appreciated. In the criteria for the field in question put: Is Not Null -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "yorkielover02" wrote: > I have a query that I would like for it to only show a record if there is > something (text/anything) present in that field. Any ideas on how to do that > would be appreciated. yorkielov...

Using custom fields of Quote Product in an email template
Is this possible? We added custom fields in Quote Product and in Product itself. It seems however that i am unable to use any of the fields, including my custom fields, in an email template associated with a Quote. Regards, Merijn ...

Question on mapping item table fields when loading items from a fi
I am trying to load an item file from a distributor into RMS. I am confused about where to put the UPC code and the item number. IF I put this Distributors item code, for example ESTT1434 for a certain moodel rocket starter set, in the Item Lookip Code field, where do I put the UPC code? I read on some threads here where Some people said put the UPC code in the ILC field, but then where does the item code go? Mark, Most enter the UPC into the Alias database. Some use the UPC as their ILC, then it becomes the "item code". Disty's code for the item goes into the Supplie...

Protected XY plots change format spontaneously
I use Excel 2000 (9.0 SP3). In my workbook, each of 20 worksheets has some data-entry cells, an embedded XY plot, and some buttons for macros. Each plot has 1 series - the data from the data-entry cells on that sheet. Cells outside the data-entry area are locked. The worksheets are all "protected" so that users can make changes only in the data-entry cells. Two more XY plots are on separate sheets in this workbook - each has 12 series, and is also "protected". I have about 20 such workbooks. All are on a network drive and are accessed by users working at various PC...