Plotting multiple Y column data versus single X column in Excel 20

I have data arranged as Time of day in column B and multiple Y values as
columns D, F, and G
How do I get a multiple line chart with the multiple Y values plotted versus
the single column of time values in Column B?

Thanks

RossM
0
RossM (3)

Select the column of times, then hold ctrl while selecting the data in
column D, and while selecting the data in F and G. Create an XY chart, using
the option with markers and lines.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"RossM" <RossM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have data arranged as Time of day in column B and multiple Y values as
> columns D, F, and G
> How do I get a multiple line chart with the multiple Y values plotted
> versus
> the single column of time values in Column B?
>
> Thanks
>
> RossM

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/27/2009 6:12:44 PM

Many thanks. It worked, of course.
Now, the data is plotted from Midnight through until just after the data
stops.
The values are zero until about 5:30 AM. How do I change the horizontal
scale to plot only the nonzero data?

I clicked on Axes on the Layout tab. Then I clicked on Primary Horizontal
Axis and More Primary Horizontal Axis Options so I could enter minimum and
maximum values with "Fixed" checked. Unfortunately, I did not know how to
enter 5:45 AM and 9:00 PM in a way that the program would recognize it. It
didn't accept 5:45:00 and 11:00:00 as start and end hours and the plots
disappeared.

I then tried clicking on "Number" in the list on the left and selected a
time format, like 13:30 and then clicked back on Axis Options to return to
that menu, so I could enter the Minimum and Maximum times as 5:45 and 11:00
but it would not accept this format and defaulted back to 0.0 and 0.45 for
Max and Min. I also tried using the format shown on the menu: h:mm:ss;@ but
that didn't work either. Your additional help will be appreciated.

Oh, also, when I recieved the e-mail notice of your posting and clicked on
the link, it went to Mozilla Firefox and put the link in the proper window
but immediately said lower left "Done" with a blank window, so I had to
search on the above subject in the Discussion group. When I last did Update,
it put in a new version of Internet Explorer and after that I couldn't get IE
to work and it did bad things so I uninstalled it, so don't have that option
available.

Thanks
RossM

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Select the column of times, then hold ctrl while selecting the data in
> column D, and while selecting the data in F and G. Create an XY chart, using
> the option with markers and lines.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
> _______
>

> "RossM" <RossM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have data arranged as Time of day in column B and multiple Y values as
> > columns D, F, and G
> > How do I get a multiple line chart with the multiple Y values plotted
> > versus
> > the single column of time values in Column B?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > RossM

0
RossM (3)
6/27/2009 10:36:01 PM
In Excel 2003 and earlier, you can enter times in h:m:s format, so 5:45 and
21:00 should work.

In Excel 2007, this ability to enter times was forgotten until SP2. If you
have 2007, go to Office Update and apply this service pack.

And I have no idea how any of the web interfaces work for this forum, but I
do know the MS one is among the most awkward. If you look under "Microsoft
Newsgroups" on my blog entry
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/finding-help-for-microsoft-excel/, you will
see an alternative and more effective way to read these forums.

- Jon
-------

> Many thanks. It worked, of course.
> Now, the data is plotted from Midnight through until just after the data
> stops.
> The values are zero until about 5:30 AM. How do I change the horizontal
> scale to plot only the nonzero data?
>
> I clicked on Axes on the Layout tab. Then I clicked on Primary Horizontal
> Axis and More Primary Horizontal Axis Options so I could enter minimum and
> maximum values with "Fixed" checked. Unfortunately, I did not know how to
> enter 5:45 AM and 9:00 PM in a way that the program would recognize it. It
> didn't accept 5:45:00 and 11:00:00 as start and end hours and the plots
> disappeared.
>
> I then tried clicking on "Number" in the list on the left and selected a
> time format, like 13:30 and then clicked back on Axis Options to return to
> that menu, so I could enter the Minimum and Maximum times as 5:45 and
> 11:00
> but it would not accept this format and defaulted back to 0.0 and 0.45 for
> Max and Min. I also tried using the format shown on the menu: h:mm:ss;@
> but
> that didn't work either. Your additional help will be appreciated.
>
> Oh, also, when I recieved the e-mail notice of your posting and clicked on
> the link, it went to Mozilla Firefox and put the link in the proper window
> but immediately said lower left "Done" with a blank window, so I had to
> search on the above subject in the Discussion group. When I last did
> Update,
> it put in a new version of Internet Explorer and after that I couldn't get
> IE
> to work and it did bad things so I uninstalled it, so don't have that
> option
> available.
>
> Thanks
> RossM
>

> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> Select the column of times, then hold ctrl while selecting the data in
>> column D, and while selecting the data in F and G. Create an XY chart,
>> using
>> the option with markers and lines.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
>> http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
>> _______
>>

>> "RossM" <RossM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have data arranged as Time of day in column B and multiple Y values as
>> > columns D, F, and G
>> > How do I get a multiple line chart with the multiple Y values plotted
>> > versus
>> > the single column of time values in Column B?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > RossM

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

UI Data Validation using XML Schema
Has anybody done UI data validation usinf XML Schemas. Any pointers will help. Thanks! ...

edit Punlisher version in multiple documents
I have a publisher folder that contains several other folders. In these "sub folders" are publisher documents for departments to revise for a City-wide publication. My problem: documents are saved in Publisher 2003 and not all departments have the latest version. I want to convert all of the documents into Publisher 2000 so they can be opened and modified by departments. How do I "save as" Publisher 2000 without opening each foler and then each document. Do advanced attributes work? How? Many thanks for any help. You don't want to hear the answer. You alrea...

Change paths to linked external data
Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third is to a .csv file. Is there a way in VBA to change the paths to these? Basically, i want to set up a form where the user can specify the new paths in text boxes if any of these files are moved. Anybody help me out? (Access 2007) cyb3rwolf wrote: >Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table >in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third >is to a .csv...

how do i enable dde in excel?
i am posting a DDE link into an excel cell from an external program and getting the message ' DDE Not enabled' in the cell once the link is pasted in. how do i enable DDE? ...

Something destroying Money data
My MS Money 2007 software was working fine, and then a few months ago, there were transactions missing. I went for backups, and it seemed every time I opened a MOney file there were fewer transactions--it was truly weird. Thinking a file had been accidentally deleted, I used a file recovery program and retrieved file and backup - also no data. So I just put the whole thing aside and out of mind, but tried again today and searched all partitions for mny and mbf files.. Same result, if anything fewer transactions. Is there some virus or other malware that eats Money files? I guess I can d...

XML into DataSet
Hi. I need some help. I have an xml file what will contain hundreds of groups and will have an associated xsd. My overall goal is to have a web application that allows a user to input a groupID from a webform, the application will than find that groupID in the xml file and display all the related information for that group only. I have read my xml into a DataSet and have been able to successful find groupID and display some of the information for that particular group. But I have been unable to navigate to the groupsItems node and subsequently the details of each groupItem found in gro...

How to transpose in excel file

excel file can't be opened #2

Need specific tick marks on Y axis
I am sure this is probably something really easy, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out. I tick marks on the y axis from 0 to mark 260 and 420. The biggest that I would need is 600, but I must have the 260 and 420 marked. How do I do that? I tried to change the minor/major things, but that didn't work out. I am trying to chart my peak flow readings for my asthma, and the 420 and 260 designate the zone lines of how bad my asthma is. Thanks in advance! ") You can put "ticks" wherever you want following this procedure: http://peltiertech.com...

Autofill from column to row
I have a worksheet with data in a column and want the data on another sheet in a row, sorted in another way. I tried to use autofill to get data from every 25th cell in the column to the row on the other sheet, ['sheet 1'!F2"] in cell B2, ['sheet 1'!F27] in cell C2, ['sheet 1'!F52] in cell D2 and so on. Excel autofill wont understand what I want, is there any other way of solving this? One way In the destination sheet: Put in B2: =OFFSET('Sheet 1'!$F$2,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)*25-25,) Copy B2 across to D2 B2:D2 will return the desired contents, viz.: in...

Headers in Excel #3
Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can change the header cells, i.e. A B C D E ... etc? Thanks. Andrea (508) 842-3880 Hi Andrea no this is not possible. The best workaround you can achieve is: - use row 1 as header - goto cell A2 and to the menu 'Windows - Freeze Panes' to always show row 1 - in 'Tools - Options - view' you can hide the row and column headers -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andrea" <shrews.receptionist@nitco-lift.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:12ff301c44354$b88982b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you tell ...

Report Error
Hi all, any ideas on this.... We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users except one ! When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be found. I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ian Hi Ian, Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her other reports as well? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <...

Select Multiple Folders
I have an Excel application, where the user can browse to a folder and process all the documents in that folder. I use the Office 10 FileDialog object (FolderPicker) to allow the user to do this with an easily recognizable dialog box. The problem is, the users would like to select multiple folders at a time (which FolderPicker does not allow). I could allow them Browse and select a folder, add it to a list, then Browse again and add to the list, then Browse again, but that would be a long tedious process. Is there anything that would allow me to select multiple folders at a time, similar to...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

HowTo add row to series data
1) insert row with ShiftDown 2) apply new data to the newly emptied cells 3) preserve original chart series range 1) after this code row 2 is empty cells Excel.Worksheet chart = (Excel.Worksheet)book.Worksheets["Chart Data"]; Excel.Range rngToday = chart.get_Range("A2", "D2"); rngToday.Insert(Excel.XlInsertShiftDirection.xlShiftDown); 2) this puts todays date into A2 rngToday.NumberFormat = "MM/dd"; rngToday.Value = DateTime.Today; 3) OOPS - the chart data is now A3..A7 because of the insert above How do I reset the souce data to A...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook

Deleting Multiple Public Folders
Hi Folks; I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a newsfeed. That made about 65,000 public folders and I later decided to remove the newsfeed. I can delete the folders one by one but I can't seem to delete them all en masse. Does anyone know how to efficiently delete these public folders? Unsubscribing from the newsfeed first, of course. Can you delete multiples using Outlook? "Marvin Miller" <sales@real.com> wrote in message news:e49WxLcYGHA.4884@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi Folks; > > I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a news...

Excel prints some sheets very small
When I try to print multiple sheets of the same workbook at the same time, one of them (a different one each time) prints very small (about an inch tall) in the upper left hand corner. I am printing from a network file but I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. Please HELP!!! ...

EXCEL 2007 acting up
j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL ERASE THE SECOND & THIRD SET OF DATA" + Chr$(13) + Chr$(13) Using EXCEL 2007, I get an error with the line above as a macro. It does not recognize CHR$. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Not for me it didn't. Check for MISSING references in Tools>References, uncheck them if there are any. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F63F6E95-AF0A-4927-B337-99B5C48B92B1@microsoft.com... > j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL...

problems loading excel documents
When I try to open up an excel document via my documents it says that the same document is open already how can this be stopped Tina First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver Gord Dibben XL2002 On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:16:14 -0800, "Tina" <TinaSCovell...

how to convert word file into excel file
If any body know about how to convert MS Word file into MS Excel file please let me know. I am unable to do so. Help me Rizwan Wrote: > If any body know about how to convert MS Word file into MS Excel file > please > let me know. > I am unable to do so. > > Help me Hi Rizwan Try Copy and Paste -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467752 Dear Pau...