Plotting a chart on two axis

I am trying to plot a line chart on two axis with more
than two series. e.g. series 1 = price, series 2 = %,
series 3 = %, series 4 = %. Excel decides which series is
plotted against which axis, how can I determine this
instead?

Thanks
Luke
0
anonymous (74722)

Luke Dodimead wrote:
> *Excel decides which series is
> plotted against which axis, how can I determine this
> instead?*

Right-click on the series, select "Format", then select the "Axis" ta
and you can choose against which axis that series will plot

Luke -

Draw the chart with all series on the same axis, then double-click on
one that you want on the secondary axis. On the Axis tab, select
Secondary. Select the next to change, and press F4 to repeat. Continue
to repeat as needed.

If you design your own combination chart like this, Excel doesn't try to
guess how you want it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Luke Dodimead wrote:

> I am trying to plot a line chart on two axis with more
> than two series. e.g. series 1 = price, series 2 = %,
> series 3 = %, series 4 = %. Excel decides which series is
> plotted against which axis, how can I determine this
> instead?
>
> Thanks
> Luke

0
jonNO1 (306)

line chart base to a pivot chart
Hi All, I've just made a pivot table with two pages,28 data,and one row heading. I want to create some line charts on another sheets.how to do it?. I want every time I select a page from my pivot table,the chart will display data form the selected pages.If one chart can display all the data, the rest data will be displayed on another chart> Is it possible?Please advise me how to do it step by step. Thank's ...

Need shaded area in gantt chart to show lines around each grid squ
Hi - I have created a gantt chart using excel 2002. I have a shaded area on my chart from 9/1-9/10/07. Can I make the shaded area show lines through it? This would make it much easier to follow down the page on the date selected. I know it is easily done in excel when you fill in say 3 squares in yellow and then highlight the area and select borders. I tried doing this in my chart, but can not make it work. Any help would be appreciated. -- Karen W. ...

two sets of parameters..one query...but how?
I have a query to track when I must renew State Police Clearances AND Child Abuse Clearances. I want to use the "Between [date] and [date]" function on BOTH of the fields in order to bring up BOTH sets of dates for BOTH clearances.The problem I am running into is that when the query results come up, if one date doesn't meet the criteria NONE of the information comes up (even if the other date DOES).Any suggestions!??!?! Thanks in Advance....

Comparing two email lists
Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compare two lists of email addresses and see the difference between the two. I have an email distribution list from a long time ago and one from recent and need to know which names have been added and which names were dropped. Can anybody help me with this? also feel free to email me at crellwanger@aol.com Thanks so much for your help. I have been struggling with this same type of scenario on and off for a few months. I finally have the ultimate solution for dealing with two lists that have matches and also potentially many difference...

Dynamic Charting Question
I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation). =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1) I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will automatically pick it up. We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the determined dynamic range for X? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt I've figured out what I need to edit to get the series to change, but is there ...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

Chart making
When I select a column of data to make a chart. It only takes first cell and leave all others. In chart shows only one value, why? Arun, Please try this first - if you are working with the Chart Wizard, make sure that you have the option "Series in Columns" selected as opposed to "Series in Rows". This input is available in step number 2 of the wizard under the Data Range tab. If this doesn't work can you post back with a sample of your data? -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Arun Bhadoria" wrote: > When I select a column of da...

secondary y-axis for graph "column"
Hi! Chart type XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance! tom Hi, sorry, I understand why (risk of visual overlap) and and was able to create a secondary Y-axis but how to solve this? thanks! tom "tom ossieur" wrote: > Hi! > > Chart type > XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis > column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to > solve this problem? > > Thanks in advance! > > tom See htt...

How can I set margins for headers on charts. The margin option ap.
I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart itself. I can not find any control in Excel or printer softeare that will indent a left-justified header. As you noted, there is no built-in chart option to indent a left justified header. I would suggest replacing the header with a text box. You can then use character spacing within the text box to create the look of an indented header. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "sayles1986" wrote: > I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart >...

Log scale on x-axis?
How do I make the x-axis have a log scale? The y-axis has an option t check to make it log scale but I want the x-axis to be a log scale. Any ideas? Thank -- Jambruin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jambruins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=571 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31434 I believe you need to have an X-Y Scatter chart to be able to change the scale of the X-Axis to a log scale. "Jambruins" <Jambruins.1fvceo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

Charting a linear equation
I have a chart in excel 2007, the X series is edited to be: ={0,150000} The Y series needs to be a formula, =2X+1000 How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series editor without using extra cells? Thanks! jlc On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@newsgroup.nospam> said: >How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can >make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series >edi...

Area Charts
I am using an area chart to display data over the past 16 quaters and would like the ends of the chart touch the "Y" axis line. Currently the area chart begins in the middle of "X" axis point Q1. Can anyone help? Hi DavidZ, Double click the x axis to display the format dialog. On the Scale tab you need to uncheck the Value axis crosses between categories. Cheers Andy DavidZ wrote: > I am using an area chart to display data over the past 16 quaters and would like the ends of the chart touch the "Y" axis line. Currently the area chart begins in the middl...

Version 2002 - Org Chart - Creating using wizard with xls Data Source
Hi Guys, I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as the data source. Is there a way to sort the branches alphabetically automatically? Cheers Unfortunately, the Org Chart solution generates the diagram using a random order. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "u828576" <bitofpacedropshoulder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OxaL%23dwvHHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as...

Excel Incorrectly Plotting Non-sequential Data Points
I am plotting a chart in Excel 2003 using non-sequential data points as shown below. Time Value 0 0.07 2 0.09 4 0.14 6 0.10 9 0.08 10 0.09 Excel, however, plots them in order as if they were: Time Value 1 0.07 2 0.09 3 0.14 4 0.10 5 0.08 6 0.09 When I look at the Source Data, it highlights the right data, but just seems to plot it incorrectly. Could this be a formatting error? Any help is VERY appreciated. Aaron, Select both columns (not j...

Help with Scroll and Zoom Bar for Candle Chart
I am currently doing data manipulation for my series of data. I have Time, Open, High, Low, Close. There are approximately 6000 rows of data that I need to input into the Candle Chart and to do that I require a Scroll and Zoom function. I have been using a template for Scroll/Zoom for a normal basic Line Chart and attempted to reconfigure for a Candle Chart. I have named the following: SCROLLVALUE=Sheet1!$S$31 SERIES1==OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES2==OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES3==OFFSET(Sheet1!$D$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES4==OFFSET(Shee...

HELP, My chart dosen't work correctly.
I am working in Excell XP. I have a chart I need to do, but can't get i to work. The chart needs to have a list of text on the left, y axis and it needs to be JUSTIFIED text with text wrap. On the right needs t be a BAR chart showing survey question results. When I get the text to wrap the bars no longer line up with th questions. I am having a hard time with this. Then it must be able t print portrait style on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Any help would be appreciated. Marshal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet ...

Seek (ADO) finds same absoluteposition for two different indexes
The function below takes a serial number entered in the "Serach" control and then seeks that value in the data table called "PCM Interfaces (Main Table)". If seek does not return EOF then the absolute position is found and then the form is set to show that record. This function is just a form record locator.The problem is that the same AbsolutePosition (1) is found for records 1 and 2, when their respective serial numbers are searched. So the symptoms are that when serial number 1 is searched it locates record 1. When serial number 2 is searched it locates record 1. When se...

Box and Whisker Charts
Has anyone ever made one? I've been cranking them out all afternoon. Here's my technique: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Kwalters wrote: > Has anyone ever made one? ...

about radar chart #2
I am new in Excel please let me know about radar chart? for which propouse it will used ? let me some samples ? best You can search in Google for information. For example: http://www.skymark.com/resources/tools/radar_charts.asp http://www.jcrinc.com/subscribers/source.asp?durki=3849&site=48&return=3827 http://onyx.quadbase.com/ECServletDemo/RadarServletDemo.html hassan barjini wrote: > I am new in Excel please let me know about radar chart? for which propouse > it will used ? let me some samples ? > best -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List ...

Variable Width 100% Stacked Column Chart
Hi, I need to make a variable width 100% stacked column chart (similar t the Column chart with varying width bars from andypope.info but 100 stacked) The x-axis would contain various market segments and the width would b proportional to their size, the y-axis divides each segment up by a attribute. Any ideas? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Earl - Stephen Bullen has a Variable Width Column Chart example on his web site (http://bmsltd.co.uk), lo...

axis font excel chart?
how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? Right-click on the relevant axis. Format Axis/ Font/ Size: -- David Biddulph "ColinB" <ColinB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1096F8-87B3-4642-BCC8-0EEE11FE0DED@microsoft.com... > how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? ...

change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart
When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Hi Momo, >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes... BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x...

Excel
Hi community, I have one large list (database like), which I use for overviewing m data. From this list I created several smaller sublists in differen documents. I did that just by copy paste the appropriate rows. I woul although like Excel to create its own sublists by using certai criteria. Any suggestions on how to do this procedure, so tha automatically the sublist in the new sheet (preferably in a new doc) i always up to date? Now I would like to link those small sublist documents with the on large list. And that in a way that I can both change my data in th one large list as in the ...

PWA "Gantt Chart Formats": Delay and Slippage
Hi, When I log into PWA-->Server Settings--> Look & Feel --> Gantt Chart Formats, under several formats there are bars named "Slippage", "Delay", "Early Schedule" and "Late Schedule". As we know, a bar should show a line between a Start Date and an End Date. Does anyone understand what these bars use as Start Date and End Date? Thanks, Barak Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ..NET Security [aPress] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/977c2770-c594-4859-b07c-b83d902e72cc/net-security-...

Two questions about install packet made by vs2008.
Hi All: I use vs2008 to create an install packet. There are two problems about shortcut. 1.There is a pdf document in my product, and I create a shortcut for this file in start menu. How can I set pdf icon for this shortcut? 2.When I open the property dialog of this shortcut, the "find target" button is disabled. How can I enable this button? Maybe I can use installshield to solve these problems. Thanks! Fiveight ...