Plotted line to show OVER plotted points

I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and
separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points.
have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o
top of the line

How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points

This works if both series are Scatter.  Plot the points-only series on
the primary axis, and the line-only series on the secondary.  The lines
connecting the second series will overlie the points of the first.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

andrefrancis wrote:

> I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and a
> separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. I
> have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing on
> top of the line
>
> How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points?

show all website pages in same inline frame
In Frontpage 2003 developed website, placed inline frame on home page. How do I get other pages in the website to appear in the same inframe on the home page? Put Either - all your links to the in the inline frame pages - or if they are in the home page (your only page) target the inline frame name Or just create all your pages like your home page with a separate inline frame page in each -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; ________...

Excel help on line ~ A general muse.
Just a general query on help, We are dipping our toe into Excel after outgrowing MSWorks with regards to bulk querying, we are involved in the thoroughbred industry and hence deal with records around 65,000- 100,000 We can scrabble around by ourselves, and get by no doubt, but if we need a spreadsheet refining process, is it within accepted practice of this NG, to be able to email a SS to obliging parties for assistance and improvement? I should imagine our requests to be bordering on the "easy" to those with reasonable experience. Of course we would be willing to pay, but recompen...

how to delete broken line in the document to be printed
EXCEL DOCUMENT PRINTS MULTIPLE COPIES EVEN THOUGH SELECT AND 1 COPY. IT PRINTS LINES 1-12 MULTIPLE TIMES AND DOES NOT PRINT THE REMAINDER. THE REMAINDER HAS BROKEN LINES BENEATH EACH ROW. SOMETIMES THER ARE SMALL ARROWS AT EH BEGINNING AND THE END OF EACH ROW-LIKE MARKERS WHAT SHOULD I DO That usually happens to people who have a stuck CapsLock key. Also check your print settings under File>Page Setup Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:16:09 -0700, DOTTY50 <DOTTY50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >EXCEL DOCUMENT PRINTS MULTIPLE COPIES EVEN THOUGH SELECT AND...

How can I "align middle" the legend and plot area?
I'd like to vertically center align the plot area and the legend but can't select them at the same time. Is it possible to do this or do I have to eyeball it? Hi, You can not select both the plotarea and the legend in order to align them. If you use Right click > Chart Options > Legend > Bottom. The legend will align horizontally with the middle of the plot area. You will have to eyeball the vertical alignment and the same for the plot area alignment. Or you could use code. Uncomment line if you want the plotarea centered in chartobject. Place code in a standard code...

Pictures Not Showing up
Hello, When I create a flyer or whatever in Publisher 2003, with pictures and either e-mail it to my boss or give it to her on a flash drive, none of the pictures show up. I have tried pack-n-go and just sending her the publisher file. I make sure she has a file on her laptop with all the pictures I use.We have repaired and re-installed Publisher on her laptop. If you click where the picture should be, the box will show, but no picture. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? What am I not doing? We are both getting very frustrated by this. Thanks for your help. Sherry Sher...

How to Show/calculate End-values of Trendline?
Hello, (Excel 2007) I created a graph and a linear trendline, showing the equation: y = mx+b B determines the starting point. How can I get the value of the end of the trendline? Thanks for your help rgds Harry The b parameter (the "intercept" ) is value of y at x=0 (where the line crosses the y axis). It is not really an 'end'. To compute the value of y at any other value of x (let's say at a value of x stored in G3) use =slope*G1 + intercept. Now you could copy the slope and intercept values from the chart but you are better off using the SLOPE and INTER...

Command Line Switch needed
does anyone know the command line to attach a file. currently I am using this "outlook.exe /c ipm.note /m john@test.com" I don't the the switch to attach a file. Also is there documentation on all the outlook switches? if so where? -thanks foxman <S-CPEREZ@MSN.COM> wrote: > I don't the the switch to attach a file. Also is there > documentation on all > the outlook switches? if so where? Search the Knowledgebase at support.microsoft.com using the string "switch" -- Brian Tillman In article <u51rdAOoEHA.1800@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.g...

Blank Subject Line Rule
Hi, Can somebody please tell me if I can setup a rule in Microsoft Outlook to move all messages with nothing in their subject line to a specific foloder? Thanks in advance. Rabih I third that. "Bill T. Ray" <billray@NOSPAM.edu> wrote in message news:%23S9QU5V8DHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I think many of us would be interested in this also. > > Bill T. Ray > > "Rabih Najib" <Rabih@AlphaCorporation.com> wrote in message > news:uKxvRPa6DHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > > > Can somebody please tell me if I...

Notebook Layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there any way to shrink the notebook lines? I'm trying to save pages when printing my document, but the width of the notebook lines create gaps. Changing to single spaced does not solve the problem. Any suggestions? ...

Stanley 47-101 30m/100 Replacement Chalk Line
Price:$1.05 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000BO92HM Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000BO92HM 100' Replacement Chalk Line, High Quality Replacement Line, 100', 30M On Reel. ACCESSORIES: This Old House (1-year):http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00005R8BL Measuring, Marking, and Layout: A Builder's Guide:http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=1561583359 ...

FRx Reporting tree parent NOT TO show total of child units
I have a rpt with 4 columns: col 1 - YTD (current yr) col 2 - YTD (last yr) col 3 - from excel (current yr data) col 4 - from excel (last yr data) I set up a tree with above 4 units under a parent unit. In my column layout, I select the respective reporting unit from the tree. The report on Parent gives TOTAL of all four trees but each reporting unit does show the correct fugure. How can I have the parent tree to show result/figure of each unit rather than total of all 4 units? You wrote that you set up a tree with the above units but you seem to be referring to columns in a column...

I Made $1.25 Million last year alone, I'll show you how!!! #3
For many years I worked for other people on the daily grind. 9 - 5 and much longer hours for what now seems like very poor pay. I suppose looking back on it now, I didn't really know how trapped I was until I discovered an easy way to make money using Ebay and the Internet. Since then I haven't looked back and have been making money consistently. For a long time now, I have been developing a number of interesting methods that can realize lots of money both on and off ebay. I am now offering you the opportunity to do the same. Each method is completely legal. There are no pyramid scheme...

Freeze the first line of a sheet
Hi ! In Windows Excel 2003 it was easy to freeze the first line of a sheet so that when scrolling down it stays in line 1 How is this done in Windows Excel 2007 Some help please Mike Hi, Am Tue, 31 May 2011 15:12:59 +0200 schrieb Mike van der Merwe: > In Windows Excel 2003 it was easy to freeze the first line of a sheet > so that when scrolling down it stays in line 1 > > How is this done in Windows Excel 2007 tab "View" => Freeze Panes Regards Claus Busch -- Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2 Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2 hi, http://office.micr...

Cell borders
Hi, In Publiser 2007 it was possible to have dashed or dotted lines as cell borders. This was acheived by using a patern for the line colour, e.g. a pattern of vertical lines would give a dotted horizontal cell border. In Publisher 2010 the option to have a pattern for the line colour on a cell border is no longer there. Can anyone suggest a way to acheive dotted cell borders? Microsoft - is there a reason this functionality was removed, can we have it back please? Otherwise nice work, I'm hearing good feedback from the people testing 2010. Thanks, Tim You ca...

leading zeros are not showing in the formula bar but do show in ce
I am working on an excel spreadsheet where I was provided a list of Social Security Numbers. The SSN's that lead with zeros show up in the cell with the proper nine digit specification (no dashes or anything), because I formatted it to text. However, in the formula bar (where it counts), it does not show the leading zeros. How can I get the formula bar to show all nine digits including the leading zeros? Thanks! If they aren't showing up in the formula bar they aren't there. You probably have a custom format of "000000000" or something similar. To append th...

Diagram show blank as zero value when based on a formula
When a chart is based on a formula e.g. =IF(A1=0;"";A1*B1) then the chart will show the blank value "" as zero even if you whant to plot gaps or plot the empty cell interpolated. Yes, I know Excel say empty cell and the cell is not empty when there is a formula. Is there anybody who have found a "work around"? I often have formulas that generate zero in the result but I want to plot the result as if it was empty. I found the reply myself in a question from another user similar to this issue. I will use NA() instead of "" Thank you that works! &q...

VC6++ Greyed Out Lines
I am using Visual C++ 6.0 to examine a MFC application. There are many greyed out lines of code in the various procedure definitions. Can someone please explain what this means? Thanks, Henry I think what you are referring to is the code generated by the app wizard. These would be the method declaration in the class. It should have a commented line with something like Class wizard generated code. Is that what you are talking about? ---- Ajay it also greys out code inside of #if/#end statements now as well. Tom "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Scatter plot #3
How do i print data on the x-axis os scatter plot like in bar chart? Example Following is my data header1 header2 "jan" 2 feb 3 mar 5 apr 6 may 55 june 10 jul 12 aug 33 sept 34 oct 45 nov 50 Dec 33 when i plot "header1" on x-axis vs "header2" on y -axis, as scatter plot, instead of jan,feb,mar, i get numbers 2,4,6 on x-axis of the scatter plot. How do i get the actual strings printed on the x-axis? I want the months to be seen on the x-asis when i plot them Thanks Mala On Mon, 15 Sep 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Mala <Mala@discussions.micr...

Getting a carriage return or something before a pic in a table cell so that I can show the border??
Hi All Some of you have kindly assisted me in getting 'x' number of pictures into 'x' number of table cells in a Word document using VBA, but I seem to have hit a brick wall when it comes to getting the top border line to appear on my inserted pics. Now as soon as I manually add a carriage return above the pictures my top border appears perfectly, but my code won't let me add this carriage return before the pic. When the pic gets inserted it automatically obliterates anything that was already in the cell and I get a pic with no top border. I've tri...

Configure Word X-Refs to Show as Hyperlinks in PDF
On Word 2003--XP. I'm trying to get Word cross-references (i.e., refer to section 1.3 on page 32) to display as hyperlinks when converting to a PDF. Any ideas? Many thanks! Erik Such an option, if available, would be found in whatever mysterious unnamed PDF conversion program you're using. If it is one of the free programs, then you'd probably be wasting your time looking. erik_gregory wrote: > On Word 2003--XP. I'm trying to get Word cross-references (i.e., refer to > section 1.3 on page 32) to display as hyperlinks when converting to a PDF. > ...

Print preview doesn't show all of the workbook pages to print in 2007
I was going to print a multiple worksheet workbook, selected to print the entire workbook, then saw that it was spooling 187 pages! I cancelled it immediately, though it would have been a good reference, but I was thinking it was going to be less than couple of dozen sheets. I went into Print Preview and it would only show me the pages for the current selected worksheet. How in Excel 2007 can I find out how many pages will print if I select the whole workbook? When I select all the sheets to be printed and then do a print preview I see the count of all pages for all sheets. -- Jim...

How do I show the Header on all pages?
In 2003 how do I show the Header (the Custom Header -- NOT the column headings) on all pages? I KNOW I've done this in the past, but cannot remember how I did that. Thanks in advance---I KNOW one of you geniuses will know the answer to this! click on file, page setup, header/footer, make the desired changes and u r at home. -- learn - n - enjoy ------------------------------------- click yes below, if it works for you "Bons" wrote: > In 2003 how do I show the Header (the Custom Header -- NOT the column > headings) on all pages? I KNOW I'...

Migration sbs2008 from sbs2003 exchange best practices shows sbs20
I still see a first administrative group and the original source server in the best practices analyzer. Everything seems to be working fine even with original server shut off. I don't understand why these objects are still here. the Exchange administrative group is fine. I have fqdn errors on the first administrative group. I'm not sure how to proceed to clean this up. Missing fqdn in exchangeMDB service principle name missing fqdn in exchangerfr service principle name missing netbios name in exchangemdb service principle name missing netbios name in exchangerfr service pri...

How to show items and assigned taxes
Our taxes collected are lower than they should be based on our sales. In random checks of inventory items, some have come up without taxes, where there should be taxes. I'm looking for a suggestion on how to determine which items have which taxes assigned, without having to go through each item individually. Thanks Christa, SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizards --> Task 170 Assign Item Tax, press the All button click Next then Finish. You can sort each column by clicking on the corresponding column header. This will also allow you to make mass Item Tax ch...

line chart expansion
I am using Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet tab with numerous charts on it. The charts pull data from other tabs within the same spreadsheet or from other spreadsheets entirely. When I expand the data each month, some of the charts grow with the new data and some do not. I can't see any difference in the data selections one chart to the next. I have expanded the source data and the x-label fields but still have the same problem. Any ideas on how I can fix this? The series that don't expand, is their data in a different workbook? Is the different workbook open or closed? I...