Pivot Tables to Charts

I have a lot of charts to make, I'm using a pivot table to bring up the data
for the different charts.  I have a list of months and 2 columns of numbers.
What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way I can make the chart have
a month be italicized if one of the 2 columns has no data as opposed to just
a zero.
0
Bolgomar (2)

Hi,

If you asking can you format one of the X-axis labels to Italic while
keeping the others normal.  Not with the built in axis.  First you could
create a dummy x-axis and depending on how you choose to impliment that you
could manually format any label or you could write code to automate the
process.

Check out Jon Pelier's web sit for step by step instructions on creating
dummy axis.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bolgomar" wrote:

> I have a lot of charts to make, I'm using a pivot table to bring up the data
> for the different charts.  I have a list of months and 2 columns of numbers.
> What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way I can make the chart have
> a month be italicized if one of the 2 columns has no data as opposed to just
> a zero.
Thanks, I actually came up with a better idea, of just adding an astrek to
the months as opposed to italics, easier and works just as well.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you asking can you format one of the X-axis labels to Italic while
> keeping the others normal.  Not with the built in axis.  First you could
> create a dummy x-axis and depending on how you choose to impliment that you
> could manually format any label or you could write code to automate the
> process.
>
> Check out Jon Pelier's web sit for step by step instructions on creating
> dummy axis.
>
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button.
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>
> "Bolgomar" wrote:
>
> > I have a lot of charts to make, I'm using a pivot table to bring up the data
> > for the different charts.  I have a list of months and 2 columns of numbers.
> > What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way I can make the chart have
> > a month be italicized if one of the 2 columns has no data as opposed to just
> > a zero.
0
Bolgomar (2)

axis labels on charts
I am having trouble: when I copy and past a bar graph from Excel to Word or Visio, some of the axis lables dissappear. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions? Pasting as a picture, or straight paste as an embedded Excel chart? If the latter, you can impose non-auto tick spacing. Double click on the axis, and on the scale tab, uncheck the auto box in front of the reported tick spacing. When the chart is pasted into another application, when it resizes to fit, it will no longer automatically readjust tick spacings. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom...

Updating Chart fails
Hello everybody, I have problems updating charts in Excel when using VisualBasic to calculate values. I calculate values with a self-written function "func". My sheet looks like this: x y 1 =func(a2) 2 =func(a3) 3 =func(a4) This function "func" depends on some variables that I set in a sheet. If I change on of this variables, I have to do a "Application.CalculateFullRebuild" to get "y"-values updated. All fine. But now I have a chart that plots this x-y data. This graph is not updated by "Application.CalculateFullRebuild". It only updates ...

Superimpose one chart on another
How do I superimpose one chart onto another so that I can see all of the data in both charts? One is a scatter graph and the other is a line graph using different sets of data in each graph. Hi, Well you can superimpose two chart but most of us would suggest that you chart both sets of data on the xy scatter and then for the one you want to be a line, you select its series and choose Chart, Chart Type and change it to an xy scatter with a line. If you want to supperimpose to charts put one over the other and right click the plot area, choose Format Plot area, and on the Patterns tab ...

Show Comments in chart....
Hello all... I have a chart where I am taking a column of data and creating a chart... along that column certain cells have Comments inserted with the little red arrow in corner to designate a comment is in that cell. Is it possible to have either the entire comment or just an arrow or some sort of symbol placed on a chart? Thank you, Shhhh Hello, http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr/fichiers/graphe/GrapheCommentaire3.xls Sub commentaire() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate On Error Resume Next ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ApplyDataLabels Type:=xlDataLabelsShowLabel On E...

Organizational Chart #3
I insert an Organizational Chart from the Insert/Picture menu...I can add add..."subordinate", "coworker", and "assistant" from the Insert Shape menu... BUT, I CANNOT DELETE A SHAPE if I make a mistake.. Please advise!! Thanks, Larry Can you choose Edit>Cut to remove the shape? FLKulchar wrote: > I insert an Organizational Chart from the Insert/Picture > menu...I can add add..."subordinate", "coworker", > and "assistant" from the Insert Shape menu... > > BUT, I CANNOT DELETE A SHAPE if I make a mistake.. ...

axis titles in Excel charts
Help! I can't resize an axis title on my computer. I can do so in the same file on other computers which have the same version of Office. What setting do I have to change? I think you are 'mis-remembering' - none of the title boxes can be resized but the legend box can. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Courtney" <Courtney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1E3EF1C-A80F-487F-9DC6-050A9FD3514C@microsoft.com... > Help! I can't resize an axis title on my computer. I can do so in the >...

Change Pivot Table Page Value
I have looked through the other posts on the subject and the combination of my low skills in VB and the other solutions not exactly covering my situation means I still need to ask for help. Scenario: Worksheet a = "Scorecard" FieldName = "CustomerNumber" Worksheet b = "Products Resume" PivotTable = "PivotTable2" PivotTable Page Field = "Account Number" When CustomerNumber value on worksheet "Scorecard" is changed I need the Pivot Table Page field "Account Number" to use this value to filter the pivot t...

Recond Notes Master Table Not Linking to Customer Master Table Que
I am using Microsoft Dynamics 10.0 sample company TWO (Fabrikam, Inc) with M/S SQL Server 2005 to test a modification for a report. Basically all I need to do is show the Notes that were attached to the customer card on a receivables aging report ... pretty simply. Just add the "Record Notes Master" table to the tables for the report and drag the field into the desired section of the report. Problem is ... the "Record Notes Master" table never shows up as being available to link up to the Customer Master table even though the note has been added to the customer...

Trouble Using Named Ranges in a Chart
I am trying to use a named range as series data for a chart. My named range has a OFFSET function set up so the range dynamically adjusts when new data is added. The trouble is when I enter the name into the "values" box it get at "The formula you entered contains an error" box. Is there a trick to entering Names? Thanks Vern Jon Peltier has some notes at: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartSeriesFormula.html that might help. (He's got a couple of common errors to avoid at the bottom of the page.) Vern wrote: > > I am trying to u...

corrupted memo field in multi-table query
I have a multi-table query in Access 2003. Several of the tables have memo fields. When I run the query, the memo fields are displayed as Asian characters or a symbol of a square. There is one expression that concatenates first and last name and a parameter on another field. It is only the memo fields that display these characters. I tried compacting and repairing the database, but that did not help. Text fields with the same text as the memo fields display fine. I've tried creating a similar query as a test but I don't see this error. What might have corrupted this query...

Returning a label rather than a number in pivot table field
I am new to pivot tables and have managed to create a few that show the desired data. However, I would like the value returned to be the name of a company rather than a number. Is this possible? For example, I have company types in the column (e.g. small & big) and geographic location in rows (e.g. Europe & North America). The data shown in the pivot table is minimum, maximum and average. However, I would like the company name instead of the minimum value. I know that I can right-click and show details, but that is all the data, not just for the particular cell. ...

Pivot Table Totals
I have a pivot table with a calculated field called potential units. The formula is (1 - Closure Rate) * Net Units. The column headers are individual months of the year. The calculated field works fine for the individual months, but the total always returns a 0. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

updating pivot table #2
I have pivot tables that I update weekly with new data. Unfortunately, the prior week's options are included in the updated drop down lists. The old data is not included in the calculations so it doesn't affect the report in that regard but although I only have 18 weeks of data in the source worksheet, the drop-down lists show the 32 weeks I have been running the report as options. It is confusing to users of the report. There's information here on clearing old items in a pivot table: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Gibran wrote: > I have pivot table...

change the format of a series in a chart
I am using a standard combination chart (column/line) to present some data that is based on 6 individual series from an Excel spreadsheet. The Chart Wizard has arranged the data so that three series are presented as lines and the remaining three are presented as columns. My dilemma is that one of those series presented as columns I want to be presented as a line. In total, I want two series as columns and four as lines. Can this be done? What do I need to do in order to change the data from a column to a line? Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Cliff Hi, Right click the column ...

delet record from link table of SQL server
Hi,All I created a view in our SQL server database, which in the view I can delete a record according to the cascade delete relationship. Now, we would like to do it in Access database, so I created an ODBC link to our access database, from access database I tried to delete the record as well, I got the error message: ODBC-delete on a linked table 'dbo_vwSpecialConcerts' failed. [Microsofe][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server]View or function 'dbo.vwSpecialConcerts' is not updatable because the modification affects multiple base tables. (#4405). Any ideas to solve the pr...

Show and edit link table data using checkboxes
I have a form showing data on a given record. Each record is potentially linked to zero or more values in a lookup table. I'd like to be able to display the data in the link table by using checkboxes to show if a link exists and to create/delete records in the link table when the values of the checkboxes are changed. On Oct 2, 10:41 am, Dan Neely <dan.ne...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a form showing data on a given record. Each record is > potentially linked to zero or more values in a lookup table. I'd like > to be able to display the data in the link table by usin...

Add Record to Linked Table
Hi - help for a newbie I have 2 separate databases, one tracks work done for the company by various service providers, the 2nd database that I am creating tracks the tendering process for work to be done for the company by existing service providers as well as potential new service providers. The requirement is that once a tender has been awarded, that service provider name must be added to the first database (tracking work done). I need to do the following: when the tender is awarded, check wether the service provider exists in the 1st db, if not add their name to the 1st db. 1st db Name: ...

vlookup update when inserting columns in named tables
Good evening all, I have an annoying problem which incurrs lots of additional work, whick I would dearly like a work around for. I have many vlookup formulae which references a named tables,eg: A B C D E 1 M1030 200 300 400 500 I have named this list, 'table1', from which I have I have a vlookup function in another worksheet eg =vlookup($A10,table1,3,0), where $A10 in the other worksheet is 'M1030', which will return the value '300' This works fine, but if I insert a column in table1, eg between col...

How to convert an access rpt to a table or how to export it to exc
I created a report using 3 tables in Access. I need to export the data into Excel. Every way I have tried has messed up the formatting therefore, the wrong data is in the wrong fields. I even tried putting it into a .txt file first and nothing works. Help! Modify your query to return the values you need and use the TransferSpreadsheet method. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "TracySLPS" wrote: > I created a report using 3 tables in Access. I need to export the data into > Excel. Every way I have tried has messed up the formatting therefore, the > wrong data is...

No leading for list inside table (Word 2007)
I have a simple 2-column table containing agenda items for a meeting. The left column contains the topics. They are formatted as a numbered list. The right column contains the subtopics. They are formatted as a bulleted list. It looks like this: 1. Topic 1 * Subtopic * Subtopic 2. Topic 2 * Subtopic 3. Topic 3 * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic The paragraph settings for both columns are the same: 6 pts Spacing before 0 pts Spacing after Checked Don't add space be...

Updating an unbound table
I have a form that contains controls that are bound to an underlying table. I want to update a summary table when the update of a displayed record is complete. How can I tell when the update is complete, and can I tell what the contents of the updated record are? Am I making this harder that it really is? Thanks... If you are taking about the time it takes to write the record to the table and get it in memory, it should be immediate. There are occasionally what are called "slow writes" in Access if you are writing tons of data. But you should be able to see that ...

Data Tables Series Label
When displaying a data table for a single set of data, how do I remove the label saying 'Series 1' which appears? Hopefully, thanks! -- Glyn Hi, You can not remove the label only change what it contains, which is the name of the series. To change it use the Source Data dialog. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Glyn" <Glyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62EFCE3F-5FFF-41BD-8FEB-B9B4C416FD2D@microsoft.com... > When displaying a data table for a single set of data, how do I remove the > label saying ...

multiple series bar and line chart
Hello, I am creating charts with 5 data series. I have it set up to create both bars and lines. (bars plotted agains primary y axis, lines against secondary y axis) However, it always sets the first four series to display as bars and the last one as a line. I need the first two as bars and the last three as lines. How do I force a series from one type to the other? I have already tried "plot series on secondary axis" but that only plots the bars against the second axis. it does not change them to a line. I am using excel 2003, and cannot use plugins. Only stock excel. ...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-07-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

Source Data Ranges in Charts
Is there a way an Excel chart (Excel 2000) can dynamically determine th beginning and end of source data ranges? Perhaps based on markers i the worksheet, or the use of a function of some sort in the data sourc panel. Imagine a single column of values from rows 1 to 2000. This column o values describes a series of "events" in order from top to bottom o the column. Each event equates to a separate data series in the chart In the chart each data series is hardcoded with the beginning an ending cell references of each event. The problem is this: When the parameters of the underl...