Pivot Tables & changing data

Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am
going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me....   :o)

I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the
information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added
new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull
the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber".

Is it possible to switch it? If so, how?

Thanks, Anna Marie

0
Anna (82)

Anna wrote:
> Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am
> going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me....   :o)
>
> I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the
> information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added
> new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull
> the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber".
>
> Is it possible to switch it? If so, how?
>
> Thanks, Anna Marie

Click somewhere in your PT. Go to Data | Pivot Table... to open the PT
wizard. Click Back. Now you can redefine the data range to include your
new column. Finish, and your new column should appear.

You may know the next step already, but just in case...
Go to Data | Pivot Table... to open the PT wizard again. Click Layout.
Now you can remove the old column and insert the new.
0
smartin108 (170)

hyperlinks in getting external data through web query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C47E46.231F97A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 The WEB PAGE I am downloading using the WebQuery with <full Html = formatting> is something like the following=20 Symbol Name Last Trade Day's Range Volume More Info =20 ^BSESN SENSEX 3:58pm 5,233.21 5,154.32 - 5,240.29 N/A Chart, Components =20 ACC.BO A C C-A 4:00pm 261.40 255.30 - 262....

insert data after page break
I have page breaks set automatically when department changes. I would like to add data I named "DEPT" after each page break. Can anyone help me!! -- yepidu ...

moving pst data to new outlook
hi to all, i would like to move date from my office system computer to my home system ...i have exported the info and when i go to import the system tell me that i do not have the ok how do i correct this problem ??? thanks for you help You can't import directly from a read-only (eg. cd-r/rw) source. You need to copy the pst file to the hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. oh and one other thing... if the pst file was burned to a cdr/rw at a speed faster than 4x, it might not be readable. "james" <fdijamesm@saturn2.com> wrote in message news:204a401c4591a$4...

Pivot tables problem
i just created a pivot table and he first row shows an empty row then the second showed data in it why so any help. Your source data has some blanks in it -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Amin" wrote: > i just created a pivot table and he first row shows an empty row then the > second showed data in it why so any help. ...

Updating Data from two different worksheets
I have two worksheets, General Ledger and Out Ledger. The general ledge lists our inventory according to a LOT ID and the total number of item in that lot; i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Total Number of Pieces column C: Balance The Out Ledger lists the number of items sold from a particular lot i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Number Sold I want to be able to calculate the Balance in the General Ledger give the Number Sold in the Out Ledger. I am having difficulty in makin sure the Lot ID's match up and that the proper cells are referenced. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appr...

'Change Calendar Time Zone': Outlook 2007 on Vista
Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing this dialog: http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2007ChangeTimeDialog.png How do I stop this? Already tried: - Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for each.) - Closing the dialog without updates. - Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.) - Rebooting - Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.) Grateful for any suggestions -- Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. I'm having the same problem and ...

How to change a color of a group of controls
Hello, I have the following case - on a massive dialog I have a couple of group boxes. Basically I am interested in only one of these. It has got a few controls in it - 3 static texts plus 2 date/time pickers. When one of the pickers reaches certain date I want everything on in this group to have yellow background. It looks like this is very difficult - a groupbox deas not have a interior. Therefore it is impossible to paint the whole group of controls. I was trying to first make a huge static text (without a caption) and then place the control on it. But it looks like this deas not work - w...

Exchange Server status during DST change over
Can anyone point me at a resource for what to do during DST change back to normal time? I'm not talking what patches to install or how to "fix" your computer, I'm asking what do you do with the server during the hour rollback. Every resource on the web (that I can find) just talks about patch this, run that, etc. It may be an obvious answer but what do we do during the period of change over, when the clocks go back one hour? Leave the server on, shut it down so it doesn't have any connections, or what? Let it roll into the new time or shut it down during the proble...

Event on changed comment for a cell
Hi, I'm searching for the event that detects a chnage in a comment of cell performed by a another macro (here Cognos PowerPlay for Excel). The Worksheet_Change and the Worksheet_SelectionChange events won't work. Can anybody help? I don't believe any event will detect changing a comment. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "MattiasP" <mattias.plaecking@daimlerchrysler.com> wrote in message news:1121263758.570599.41530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I'm searching for the eve...

Delete Blank Rows when Pivot Table included on sheet
Hi, I've run code to delete blank rows which works fine. That is, it works fine until I'm deleting blank rows on a sheet which also contains a few pivot tables. I encounter an error message regarding not being able to change pivot table. Here is my code: Thanks! Dim x As Long With ActiveSheet For x = .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row _ To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(.Rows(x)) = 0 Then ActiveSheet.Rows(x).Delete End If Next End With You can't delete or add rows to a Pivot Table. Delete...

How to add a singe symbol to the whole column data?
Dear Friends, I have a simple problem. In my spreadsheet there are 8 columns and 18.000 rows. I need to combine two colums "date of birth" and "sample date", but between them there should be "c": Ex: Date of Birth Sample Date [10/01/1960] [10/10/2005] I do not know how to create new column like this: [10/01/1960 c 10/10/2005] Thanks in advance Daniel Try something like this: C1: =A1&" c "&B1 Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "usmleboy" wrote: > Dear F...

Data Sychronization Error in CRM Outlook
When I go online with a few of my CRM For Outlook Clients I get a "Data Sychronization Error". I get provided with three options: 1. Proceed with going online, but save the data changes offline for the next time you synchronize 2. Stay offline and try to fix the errors so all the data will synchronize 3. Finish going online and do not save the data changes made offline Thanks, James ...

Vertical Gridlines & Data Marker
Firstly, I noticed that a vertical gridlines of the chart are not align with the gridlines of the data tables. I am wondering how it can be aligned. Secondly, I also noticed that a marker is located on the leftside virtical gridlines of X scales. I am also wondering how to place it on the center. Hi Gary, In my version of Excel they are. Try it with a line chart. In Excel 2007 you might have to make an adjustment. We need more info. With a data table the markers are placed between the vertical gridlines, if you don't like that you can remove the data table and then format th...

Create sequence number for table
Hi, I have a table with a Title field, comment field and a Sequence field. I would like code to sort the table by Title and then fill in the Sequence field based on the order of the records. The first record would have a sequence number of 1, the second record a 2, etc. Can someone help me with code to do this? Thanks in advance. "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432342F6-AD55-405B-8CDF-43414FBE421D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a table with a Title field, comment field and a Sequence field. I > would like ...

how do i set up a table for phone numbers
I need to make a neat phone number table, were do I start 1. Why not use Outlook? 2. You can format a cell for a phone number (I am using Excel 2003) with the Format | Cells | Special Category | Phone Number type. Just type in the digits of the phone number and the parentheses and dash will be added after you press enter "Militza" wrote: > I need to make a neat phone number table, were do I start > ...

Change chart range with macro
Greetings. I am trying to name a variable that is the last row of data in a range, then use that variable in a chart's range. I tried inserting it where the last row would be, but it is not working, like this "A20:A & LstRow,... Anyone have any ideas? LstRow = [B51].End(xlUp).Row MsgBox (LstRow) Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Mar").Range( _ "A20:A & LstRow,C20:C46,E20:E46,G20:G46,I20:I46,K20:K46,M20:M46"), PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocatio...

Changing font colour in some cells
Hi I am quite new to Excel! I can change the appearance of text using bold, italic and underline but am having problems with colour. When I select an active cell and click on a colour nothing seems to happen. If I go back to the cell and double click it shows the text in the colour I want but when I move to another cell it reverts to black. Can anyone help please? Does this happen with all workbooks or just one? If the latter, maybe there is some event code behind the sheet. On the tab name, right-click and select View Code from the menu, if you see some code delete it. -- HTH Bob P...

Change the order in which Internet email accounts are checked
Hi all, The closest thing I can find in the help file says: In the Address Book, click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts. Click the Directory Service tab. Click Set Order. Click a directory service, and then click Move Up or Move Down. Seems simple enough, except that I want to change the order in which MAIL accounts are checked (I don't even know what these "directory services" are) and the "Set Order" button always seems to be grayed out when I click the "Mail" tab. Any suggestions? Outlook 2000, on Win98. Thanks, John Nasta Responding to m...

Pivot table on local cube
Hi I have a pivottable that retreives some data from an Access database. When I double click some value in the pivottable Excel adds a sheet with all the data that concerns the value clicked. I also built a local cube using the same query that was used in the abovementioned pivottable. Unfortunately when I double-click some value in this pivottable a get a message that Excel cannot show details because this feature was disabled for this cube on a server. Is it possible to get this functionality with pivottable built from local cubes? Kind regards IgorM On Sep 23, 5:35=A0pm, "Ig...

All data on pivot table rows
The table below is an example of a pivot table query. Is there some option that I can select that will cause each line to contain all values (e.g. Row 2 Column 1 would contain 16/03 and Row 2 Column 2 would contain Mon, and so on). 16/03 Mon Admin 0.4 C2000 0.6 Dale 8.3 Tue Dale 7.5 Wed Admin 0.9 Dale 7.5 Thu ACM 0.5 Dale 8.5 Fri ACM 1 Admin 1 Dale 6.1 The row headings show once in...

Pivot Table unable to Include Hidden Items In Subtotals
I have set up a pivot table that lists only the Top 10 values in a column, but also want the subtotal for the entire column, including the hidden items. Excel Help tells me that I can click the "Include Hidden Items in Totals" button, but the button is not available. I followed the help instructions to first select "Subtotal Hidden Page Items" then to unselect it and didn't get my result in either case. Any ideas on why the button is not available? ...

partitioned tables
Hallo all, Lets say i have a table called Persons with columns ID,PersonType, first name and surname. -ID is the real key (the one with the non duplicate values) -PersonType is the column i would like to partition my table on it. Given that it is required to have a clusterd index with the partition column Should i create a unique clustered primary key with both columns (ID,PersonType) or should i create a clustered index on PersonType and a non clustered unique index on ID? If its the first option, in which order should i place the coluns when i design the table a...

Table creation using SanScript
I have an application (GP add-in) that defines 4 tables. I have a procedure that is run just before the tables are accessed that opens each of them using the following command: open table mytable; close table mytable; When I'm in the development environment (Dexterity), the tables are created fine. When I install my chunk file and run GP, one of the tables is not created - the other three are. I have deleted and recreated them. Their definition is identical in Dexterity, that is the parameters of their definition (table type, etc.). Does anyone have any idea why one of the tab...

SQL 2005 view vs table execution?
When you excute your query a table using via view, does it compilies each time when you query or does it uses any kind of stored data in the memory pool? Is it querying directly the table always faster (small, medium or huge) than directly querying the table? ...

VBA code to Add data to exsiting worksheet
Hi, I got this code from the net, but I wish to modify it so that it ca add data to the exsiting Master sheet whenever a new worksheet has bee added to the exsiting workbook which already contain other sheets. also try with the Function LastRow but it didn't give the results want. :confused: I hope some experts can please kindly help to take look to modify the codes. Any similar ideas also accepted. Thankyou very much for any guides. The codes are as below: Option Explicit Sub CopyRange() Dim sh As Worksheet Dim DestSh As Worksheet Dim Last As Long If SheetExists("Master&quo...