pivot tables #9

i posted this on the general forum but i thought maybe someone here can
help me.

I have a table that has four regions and total sales amount for each
reason by week.

my pivot table lists all those and totals it per region per month.

i want to add in the pivot table a percentage of the regions sales for
that one week over the total sales for all four regions.

is there a way i can add that to the table?

i.e. the table is currently like this:

Week 1 East         500
Midwest    487
South       529
West        492
Total        2008

i want to add the percentages like this:

Week 1 East         500
24.9%
Midwest    487
24.3%
South       529
26.3%
West        492
24.5%
Total        2008

(there are more columns in this table which is why i want to add a line
underneath, not as a column next to the amount)

thanks in advance

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22987

Pivot Excel 2007
Hi, Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more than two data field in excel 2007. It does sums up by columns. Does any one knows why? Excel 2007 PivotTable No row sum. Try using PivotTable Type 2. See comparison: http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/05_04_10.xlsx Pdf preview: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtvyymhyju5/05_04_10a.pdf How & where do you change your Pivot option 1 or 2? "Dinesh" wrote: > Hi, > > Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more > than two data...

table #4
In Excel 2002 I have the following table; Column G Column H Row 33 30 $1.05 Row 34 45 $1.00 Row 35 60 $0.95 Row 36 90 $0.85 Row 37 120 $0.79 What I want to do with this is if the value in I5 is 1-30 I want the value from H33 put in J5, if the value in I5 is 31-45 I want the value in J5 to be H34, if the value in I5 is 45-60 I want the value in J5 to be H35, if the value in I5 is 61-90 I want the value in J5 to be H36, and if the value in I5 is ...

IE 9
I have Win XP3 / 64-bit......IE6 I have tried IE 8 but didn't like it, so went back to the tried and true. Seems now sites are not supporting IE6 so we user won't be able to see their sites without upgrading. Is there any spec page that will tell us what it's going to have and not have ? My dislike of IE8 was the way the favorites showed up when you wanted to save a link. IE6 it opened with just the folders and made it very easy to find where you wanted to put the link. IE8 opened "every" folder one has in their favorites. I would have to go up and d...

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

How to create a table to qualify a qty discount in exel
Hi i'm creating a workbook to orginize stock, i'm not sure of how to create a table to give varying degress of discount according to the quatity bought ie: 5 items or less = no discount, 6 to 11 items =2% discount and so on, i have used an if statement so far but i'm not sure how it is meant to work in relation to the products and customers sheets, how does it all work together. Any help & guidence would be much appreciated. You can create yourself a lookup table, and use the vlookup formula. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_exce...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

relationships of 3 tables
Greeings, I am creating a db to track who serves what function in what Sunday at church. So I think I need 3 tables. 1. people who serve 2. functions they serve 3. dates they serve Many people can serve many dates and many people can serve many functions on many dates. So do I have the three tables and then a join table for people/dates and a join table for people/function and a join table for dates and functions? And how do I structure them. I am thinking: tblPeople peopleID pk name tblFunction functionID pk functionName tblDate ...

Segment Description Table
I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup I then deleted the information from GL40200 opps need the account segments back I droped GL40200 and select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108 next step UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = ' ' I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information. Tool>Setup>financial>segment has no segment numbers i By the way version 9.0 The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry. You can either go to: Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or do a table import into the Segment Description Ma...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Chart
I currently am using Excel 97. I've created charts using links to source data that is in dollar and percent formats. But when they pull into the chart data table they do not show the proper format. For example: In the source data worksheet it shows 97%, but when it pulls into the data table for the chart it shows .97437373. If I open the link then it shows properly, but as soon as I close the link it goes back to the bad format. How can I fix this? -- lajohn63 It sounds like a formatting issue. You may need to add a step to round (see round function in help) "lajohn63" wro...

stationery #9
Is it possible to setup two different stationery's for two seperate accounts? When I change one, they are both changed. TIA Stationery is per-user, not per-account. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Patrick Maxon" <pmaxon@cox_nospam_.net> wrote in message news:Z2yDd.44906$F25.7810@okepread07... > Is it possible to setup two different stationery's for two seperate > accounts? When I change one, they are b...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

Pivot table grouping problem #2
I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie: Year Group 2004 2005 10 2 10 1 11 5 11 3 12 8 12 10 Why won't these rows combine and look like: Year Group 2004 2005 10 1 2 11 3 5 12 10 8 All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does not. Any ideas? Sheryl ...

maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with?
why is there a maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with? is it really the count of indexes + statistics? I've seen plenty of documentation that states that typically DSS systems have twice as much index space as data space.. So I don't think that it's a case of 'over-indexing' I'm just tired of a crippled Jet front end and other people making me 'temporarily drop my indexes' so that they can link to my tables using Jet. has this bug gone away with Access 2007? Is it going away with Access 2010? ...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

Access 2007
I have recently updated from Access 2003 to 2007. I have a networked system with both front end and data on a network drive. There are up to about 30 users at any time. The system has worked well for several years under 2003 but now I get problems with it working very slowly. I have tried both a .mdb and a .accdb file format with the latest 2007 service pack to no avail. What happens is that the database freezes with a message 'Updating Tables' in the bottom left corner of the screen. After up to several minutes this will clear and it works again. The other i...

Integration Manager 9.0
We recently upgraded to version 9. Everything seemed fine, but yesterday IM simply stopped working. WHen I try to run an integration CPU Usage goes to 95-100%. The integration just hangs. You can not even End Task with Task Manager. I tried on two other machines ... same results. My understanding is that there are major bugs in version 9.0 and MS has not been very open or honest about this. In any event, I simply need to get this problem resolved. Any help is greatly appreciated. How far did you upgrade? Ver 9 or V9 with SP1? Also, what kind of integration is hanging? SOP ...

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

Copy data into a table (but not the formula)
Hi First of all I apologise if this has been asked before. What I want to know is it possible, and if so how does one do it, to d the following ? Copy data from a cell into another cell in a table but without having formula in the destination cell , e.g Say $b1 contains the name Fred and I want to place Fred into the $c cell but I don't want there to be a formula in $c5 asking for it tha will update the contents of $c5, if I change the value held in $b5, fo instance, I put Fred in $b1 and Fred appears in $c5, but then I pu another name, say Bert into $b1 and it goes to $c6, but the co...

password #9
I want to place a few Excel spreadsheets on a company network drive but I would like that each document be "completely" password protected. This is for commission purposes so I only want the rep and myself to be able to even open the doc. How do I set front end passwords such as this? Your response is greatly appreciated. Hi in the dialog 'File - Saveas' in the Tools menu you can define a read/write password -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "don" <don@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EB735372-E182-47E7-B3F0-DE5D3A9EC5A3...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

100% Stacked Chart
Is it possible to use the 100% stacked chart (by month) and display the monthly totals in the data table only? Or another way to ask Is it possible to use the 100% stacked chart in combination any other chart? -- B Rager Assume it's a 100% stacked column? Add another series with the monthly totals, which starts life as another stacked column. Select this series, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and change it to a line type, so it doesn't mess up the columns. Double click on the line series, and on the patterns tab, format it to be invisible: no lines, no markers. If it...

econnect 9.0 #2
I installed econnect with Great Plains 9. I am not seeing the eConnect Samples, XML Sample Documents, XML Schemas, eConnect QueueControl and Custom Procedures. Please let me know how these can be installed with econnect for Great Plains 9.0 Jack: That's because you installed the runtime version and not the SDK version. If you want more information on the differences between the two versions email mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com and they will give you the whole story on the differences along with legal implications of both as they changed for 9.x Shoot them an email and th...