Pivot Table unable to Include Hidden Items In Subtotals

I have set up a pivot table that lists only the Top 10 values in a column,
but also want the subtotal for the entire column, including the hidden items.
 Excel Help tells me that I can click the "Include Hidden Items in Totals"
button, but the button is not available.  I followed the help instructions to
first select "Subtotal Hidden Page Items" then to unselect it and didn't get
my result in either case.  Any ideas on why the button is not available?
0
TC319 (2)