Pivot Table - there is an error message pop out during creation.

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet of data that has information from row 1 to row 54573. I
tried to create a Pivot table for these data, but there is a dialog error
message pop out when item being pulled to the PivotTable.

The dialog error message is "A field in your source data has more unique
items than can be used in a PivotTable report. Microsoft Office Excel may not
be able to create the report, or may create the report without the data from
this field.".

There are 10 items in the PivotTable Field List, and 2 of the items are
encountering this dialog error message.

I'm not sure what has gone wrong to this spreadsheet, as my other
spreadsheet contains other information works in the creation of Pivot table.

Any ideas what this error message meant. Please advise.

--
Thank you,
Cpviv

Hi,

Your pivot table is too complex for Excel.  Here are the limits in 2003 for
pivot tables: (If you are using an earlier version the limit is even less.)

Feature Maximum limit
PivotTable reports (PivotTable report: An interactive, crosstabulated Excel
report that summarizes and analyzes data, such as database records, from
various sources, including ones that are external to Excel.) on a sheet
Limited by available memory
Unique items per field 32,500
Row (row field: A field that's assigned a row orientation in a PivotTable
report. Items associated with a row field are displayed as row labels.) or
column fields (column field: A field that's assigned a column orientation in
a PivotTable report. Items associated with a column field are displayed as
column labels.) in a PivotTable report Limited by available memory
Page fields (page field: A field that's assigned to a page orientation in a
PivotTable or PivotChart report. You can either display a summary of all
items in a page field, or display one item at a time, which filters out the
data for all other items.) in a PivotTable report 256 (may be limited by
available memory)
Data fields (data field: A field from a source list, table, or database that
contains data that is summarized in a PivotTable report or PivotChart report.
A data field usually contains numeric data, such as statistics or sales
amounts.) in a PivotTable report 256
Calculated item (calculated item: An item within a PivotTable field or
PivotChart field that uses a formula you create. Calculated items can perform
calculations by using the contents of other items within the same field of
the PivotTable report or PivotChart report.) formulas in a PivotTable report
Limited by available memory

Your problem is most likely the Unique Items issue.  One solution is to
upgrade to 2007 where this limit is now: Unique items per field 1,048,576

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Cpviv" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a spreadsheet of data that has information from row 1 to row 54573. I
> tried to create a Pivot table for these data, but there is a dialog error
> message pop out when item being pulled to the PivotTable.
>
> The dialog error message is "A field in your source data has more unique
> items than can be used in a PivotTable report. Microsoft Office Excel may not
> be able to create the report, or may create the report without the data from
> this field.".
>
> There are 10 items in the PivotTable Field List, and 2 of the items are
> encountering this dialog error message.
>
> I'm not sure what has gone wrong to this spreadsheet, as my other
> spreadsheet contains other information works in the creation of Pivot table.
>
> Any ideas what this error message meant. Please advise.
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Cpviv

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

Form for table
Here's the problem: Access 2003, XP Pro- I have three tables that are related by primary keys. I have a table[Table QC] that has the field [EmployeeID], the data type is number--that field is linked to the autonumber primary key of the Employees Table. So far so good. I am trying to make a form that has a combo box that looks to the Employee Table to get me the drop down of the employees (Last Name, First Name). The SQL statement builds out okay, and I get the correct name config., but because the data type is a number it won't accept the data. I looked at the Northwind example and i...

error sending from 5.5 to 2000
When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000, they receive the following error: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060 <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1> The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server. I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377 being anything close to my problem. I checked the entr...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

When launching Outlook I recieve the following error... please he
When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error: The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. I ran the Detect and Repair and that didn't work. I ran the repair option from Add and Remove Program in Control Panel and that didn't work. I also un-installed and then re-installed Outlook 2003 and that didn't work. I'm running Windows 2000. Any ideals...? Did you have something possibly called SpamBlocker installed at some point?...

Money 2006 file repair application error

Count unique values
Hi, I've some problems to count unique items (Invoice #) in a pivot table. There is the default solution "Add-a-new-calculated-column" as mentioned on http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique, but in my case, it doesn't works. My problem is, that these values aren't in a Excel worksheet; it's a external data source - a SQL-Select via DAO/ADO. Because of that, I don't have the possibility to add a new column. Another reason is, that the pivot table should always be dynamic: Group over this field, group over another field - and always show the number of unique...

How to look at raw message
In outlook express you can view at the entire raw message but how do you do the same thing with the Outlooks that come in office, i.e., Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 etc.? I hate it when you have to downgrade ti get the same features. Rightclick in the (HTML) message and choose View Source. Note that OE is not a downgrade of Outlook but a completely different product developed by the Internet Explorer team instead of the Office team -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Serv...

Error #2950
Hi, I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table. The data is entered into the three tables via a form. I have a macro set up to create/update the single table through some make table queries and update queries of data within the first three tables. I have this macro tied a close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment. I only really need to have the single table updated daily. Do you have any good tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the qu...

is DCOM error 0x00080012 (Not all the requested interfaces were available) not an error ?
Im checking the return value of a DCOM call by using the macro: FAILED(HRESULT). One particular function call returns the error 0x00080012 (Not all the requested interfaces were available) if the DCOM service is down. Calling FAILED with this HRESULT returns false, meaning that it isnt an error! I think it should be reported as an error as my program cannot call ANY interfaaces beyond this point and crashes. The FAILED macro checks the HR to see if it is negative and 0x00080012 is positive!? Any suggestions? Thanks Andy ...

Exchg2003 First Storage Error
Exchange Enterprise 2003, SP1 on Win2003 - When I attempt to view the mailbox information store within First Storage Group I get an error (Id no. 80040d1b). The only ref. to this error I have found is: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817309 - checked my registry & server - they match; registry looks fine. I also am getting Veritas Exchg Info Store errors - "database corrupted". I ran the Eseutil defrag - ran successful, but still can't see mailboxes. I found MS tech net info that suggests re-installing Exchange (to repair): http://www.micr...

Error saving a Shared Workbook
I have a user using a shared workbook and gets an error everytime she does this ONE specific change. She deletes a line and then saves and gets a message that says, "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be shutdown by Windows... blah blah blah". If she makes anyother type of changes it saves just fine. I also had another user do the SAME change and that person also got that error message. When the file is changed to "Not Shared" then the line is deleted it saves fine also. The problem is obviously with the file itself and that is shared out. can anybody ...

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

Outlook error message #4
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. What's the problem? ...

Error Code 80070424 12-21-09
I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any ideas? Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my problem? "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E5CF0C-D31B-4034-B4A8-A8204763A623@microsoft.com... > I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the > window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any > ideas? > > Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my proble...

Installation errors. 01-09-04
I'm setting up CRM 1.2 on a completely clean test environment of windows 2000 servers. Near the end of the installation a message pops up "Setup was unable to register the security service." What could be causing this The usual story: To get the MCCRMSecurityService starting, have you tried re-registering it as follows: On your crm server, at command prompt, go to program files - microsoft crm - bin, then run these commands crmsecurityservice -u crmsecurityservice -r -s Peter Lynch "J. Bridger" <Bridger@nospam.ofllc.com> wrote in message news:0aa001c3d6...

Error in Code
Following is some VBS code I have in my Custom Form developed in Outlook 2003. Line 61 is giving me an error stating: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages' Line No: 61 If you look Line 51 is the same method and it works fine. The funny thing is when I run the code, I get the error, I continue on to the Form, and the code after it works. The code that follows line 61 is dependent on line 61 as evident by if I ' comment it out, I get a separate error asking for objPage2. The code also works if I change the value of one of...

Active X error
I have tried removing the signature, unchecking the Smart Tags, changing the editor to Plain Text as well as to Rich text all to no avail....here is the error one of my users gets when she tries to send and email from Outlook - she can receive just fine: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either: "1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or "2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page may not display correctly." ...

Errors found Code 80070490
This appears to be one of those problems that no one seems to have a working solution. Reinstalling an operating system is not a solution it’s a reason to change operating systems. This type of problem was not supposed to happen with Vista. Let’s see some big guns on this one! Update Error: Some Updates not installed: 2 Failed updates (KB967723, KB972145) Errors found Code 80070490 (Unknown Error) Problem signature: Problem Event Name: WindowsUpdateFailure ClientVersion: 7.4.7600.226 Win32HResult: 80070490 UpdateId: AE2C61ED-AC12-4369-BED6-4375CD79CA...

OWA - change password
Getting the "Object Required" error, when somebody is trying to change their password through OWA. (Win2003/Ex FE 2003) Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA! / Per Did you follow the steps in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 ? -- Pablo D. Vernocchi Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSA + M / MCSE + Sec https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8E94A6C0-F6D9-4686-96D5-04230CC0141F http://www.itpros.com.ar http://www.msglue.org http://msmvps.com/exchangebloglatino "Per Hagstrom" <per.hagstrom@swic.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Ojo%23EozNHHA.1240@TK2...

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

iisadmpwd change pw gives error
Just cannot get password change to work on Exchange2003 (front-end server) & IIS 6.0 Is this a known issue Any help would be greatly appreciated. It could be that you are not (yet) allow to change your password either because password change is prohibited or because user has to wait for x days before he is allowed to change his password (domain policies). Whenever you reset a password for a user and the 'Cannot change pass before X days' is enforced, the user is not allowed to change it. David. "ss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....