Pivot table sum of rows

In a table I have 2 columns with many rows of data.  The data can be grouped
to 4 types.  I need to get the count of each type in the data space.  I am
unable to get the count for the two columns together in one pivot table.
Please can you give any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards,
Sushma
0
Sushma (2)

transfer entire row in sheet 2
i want to apply following condotion IN SHEET1 if A2="ABC" Transfer all data in row 2 to row 2 in sheet 2 Pls post in ONLY one group. See ans in other post -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "aditya" <aditya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A38F4E12-7243-4C30-A34A-1BDB1B7916C2@microsoft.com... >i want to apply following condotion > > IN SHEET1 if A2="ABC" > Transfer all data in row 2 to row 2 in sheet 2 Hi Aditya, Type in the following formula in cell A2 of Sheet 2 and d...

Create new table with current date part of the name using sql
Hi Is it possible to create a new table with the current date as part of the table name. If it is possible could someone help me with how the sql statement would look like. Even if the current date is the actual table name it would still meet my requirements Thanks in advance Before the "how to", "why?" It is rarely a good idea to embed data in a tablename (or fieldname, for that matter). By trying to create a new table with a date as part of the table name, you are trying to embed data in the tablename. Why? As in "why do you feel you need the date in the ...

Selecting a Range of Columns for Variable Rows
I want to do something like this: Select a sheet for row=3 to 17 select cells A:F copy the cells Select A2 on another sheet Paste what I copied. Shift down 1 row next row. I have verything down pretty well except selecting A:F for each row as it comes up. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks. -- BillR It would be helpful if you post the code you have so far. It helps to fill in the gaps in your narrative. "BillR" <BillR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCB74376-35D4-4426-8DFC-23B2565A9323@microsoft.com... >I want ...

Pivot table items
How can I create new items in pivot tables with Office Professional 2003? The formula option that used to be in the menu has been deleted. Thanks. Hi It is still there. highlight a field within your PT. From the PT toolbar, use the dropdown Pivot Table, 9th item down Formulas, from that sub-list, second entry, Calculated Item. Regards Roger Govier suepro wrote: > How can I create new items in pivot tables with Office Professional 2003? > The formula option that used to be in the menu has been deleted. Thanks. ...

How to club two "Page" values in a pivot table ?
hi guyz i have a pivot table which has say.. ITEMS in Row header and NAMES in Columns ie its like this... --------- Pencil----- Rubber-----Sharpner hank------4-----------6--------------7----- terry------3-----------3--------------5----- tom -------5-----------2--------------1---- sirus------3------------5--------------7---- This data is for January,February , March and so on..... so in the PAGE option of the Pivot Table i have months from which i can chose for any SINGLE month.. but say i want this data for two months of jan and feb ie jan + feb how can i do it... regard -- Message poste...

how do i compile a cumulative sum graph?
i have been trying to figure out how to make a cumulative sum grqaph from data in excel which seems impossible. I have 2 lots of 400 pieces of data therefore am hoping to be able to do it on a computer rather than having to do it by hand! If you can compile the numbers into the sheet, then you can chart them, but you can't expect the chart to do the calculations. By "cumulative sum" I assume you mean some kind of running total. In the column of cells next to the data, put a formula that produces the running sum. Then instead of plotting the original data, plot the calcu...

use VBA to run query duplicate and and increment if number already in table
ok I have been looking through all treads but have not found one that could help me. If i missed the tread sry for this post.. Anyways I have a form that would ask a user to enter an id numer. The i want the field to run a query to see if it that number is already in the table.... if it is in the table i want it to increment the last number by one. so ID: BMO-151-TD05-1 if match Then ID: BMO-151-TD05-2 *this number can't be in the system either* pleaseeeee help me!!! Thanks mike -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms...

Pivot tables remembers old data values
I created a pivot table with a variable called "description" placed in the ROW layout. I deleted the source data and put in new data that has different values for the description variable but when I "Refresh data" the pivot table remembers the old description values. When I click on the arrow down button of the pivot all the old description values along with the new values appear. How can I refresh the pivot table without keeping the old values. Thanks J Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &qu...

Pivot: totals in the next column
Hi all, i need your help for the below table: ITEMS YEAR YRLY_TOT GRAND_TOT 2008 $10 1. ITEM1 2009 $20 $60 2010 $30 2008 $10 2. ITEM2 2009 $30 $80 2010 $40 2008 $20 3. ITEM3 2009 $30 $90 2010 $40 Each item has yearly totals (column YRLY_TOT). I want column GRAND_TOT to show total of all three years for each item ( i guess the three cells shou...

Row Height Mystery
It's a mystery to me anyway... Here's my situation: I have a file with multiple sheets... I selected 5 sheets in this file and changed the row height to 16.5 ... Later, I checked the height of the row by moving the cursor to one of the row indicators and clicking when the cursor turned into a double-headed arrow... It now says 17.25 ... This is fine except that on one of the 5 sheets, the automatic page break is in a different spot then the other 4 sheets... The double headed arrow says the row height is 17.25 but when I check the row height by selecting the entire row is stil...

Help with a pivot Query
Could someone please help with the following: I need to create a query that will pull from one table 'Order_Line_Invoice' and display in the following output. 2009-2010 2008-2009 Differances ------------- ------------ -------------- CustID Units Sales Units Sales Units Sales 1 5 $20 3 $25 2 $5 2 1 $15 2 $20 1 ...

Why must the table for Vlookup be sorted in ascending order?
Is it true that under all circumstances I must sort the array table in **ascending** order so that VLOOKUP will return the proper values? Is it only necessary when I deal with ranges, say minimum score and a grade? Appreciate explanation. I have a column of scores and a corresponding column of grades. e.g. 90 A 80 B 70 C 60 D I am surprised that if the table is in **descending** order and ��true�� is used as an argument, it doesn��t work even if I key in the **exact** score say 90, not 95, not 93. "D" is returned for 90. Wonder why. Thank you in advance. Epinn &quo...

Updating Pivot Table source references
I have two files, one with the source data and the other with many pivot tables. After changing the pivot table directory it expects the source data to be changed consequently. With the "normal" range links you can use Edit>Links. Is there a way to change the source references in a pivot table e.g. change the source name or directory? Thanks, Tomek I think that if you just go to the pivotwizard and click "back", it shows you the source data path. Just edit there. Didn't try, but would guess it should work. boris >-----Original Message----- >I have tw...

Delete Rows using If and Wildcard
I'm trying to delete all rows that DO NOT contain the text "ENTER" in column F. I have tried a few different methods based upon research from this site, but I'm struggling to change them, to delete all rows that DO NOT contain the "ENTER". I need to use the wildcard as most of the cells contain additional data. How can I change this to delete rows that DO NOT contain the "ENTER" For i = 672 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(i, "J") Like "*UASGN*" Then Rows(i & ":" & i).Delete Next i Thanks. Check your o...

Excel 2000 pivot table problem
In Excel 2000, I am working with the page header of a pivot table and trying to make multiple choices. In Excel 2003, I can do this, but in Excel 2000, I click on the dropdown, and I get a dropdown where only one item can be selected. Is there an option to make multiple choices available in the drop down of a page header or is this an Excel 2003 enhancement? -- ************************************************* Andy S. andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com Please remove "noreply" before replying. This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no right...

Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class
Hey Friends Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class. vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > > Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided > CRecordset class. > > Yes. The CATALOG sample in MSDN shows how. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] vikrant, Yes... You can use access the system tables directly, especially using a CRecordset object connected to a Database object that is associated with the database in question and this SQL statement: SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ( Flags=0) AND (Typ...

Shut off row and coloumn highlighting
Is there any way to stop the row and coloumn boxes from being highlighted whenever you select a cell within the worksheet. Also, if the info in the cell is bolded, the bold button on the formatting toolbar becomes highlighted. Can this be shut off? This is Excel 2003. AFAIK the only way to do that would be to hide the row & columns by tools>options>view. I don't know if it is possible to drag the bold button off the toolbar. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ven" <eraattac@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:f06201c43d62$8090f750$a001280a@phx....

How to export a table to a gif file?
Hi How can I export an Excel table (a selection) to an image file (gif or jpeg)? I'm using Excel 2000. Thanks Hi for some code see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2gif.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <faith@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:41792177$0$2853$79c14f64@nan-newsreader-06.noos.net... > Hi > > How can I export an Excel table (a selection) to an image file (gif or > jpeg)? > I'm using Excel 2000. > > Thanks The simplest way is to select yout table and hold the shift key down (Shift key gives you new menu items on yo...

how to show the rows and columns ?
I have a file but when I Open the file just only can see all the cells, but the name of the rows and the columns NOT !. Please any can tellme how to show the tollbars of the rows and the columns on this file... ( when I open this file showme to permision on "macros" I put yes and then open the file ) but this file Its not have any protection on the worksheets and if you want to see the VBA codes, you can see it... Please can any help on this ? thanks -- rapidito78840 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rapidito78840's Profile: http://www.e...

editing a gridview row
There is a gridview that has a date column in it that in the edit is available for editing. Currently, the users are use to using the little calendar button on the end of the textbox to show and use the calendar. In the gridview I would prefer not to use that but rather when user enters the date field the calendar appears. The ajax toolkit has an extender but I am not sure on how to have it apply to the date field when in edit mode? Does anyone know of links to sites that will explain how to work with this extender? I got the idea of this from the asp.net site but I did not ...

Hide Column Letters and Row Numbers in VBA
Does anyone know if you can hide the Column Letters and Row Numbers using VBA? If so, what's the syntax? I can't seem to find anything on it. Thanks If you record a macro when you do it manually, you should get the syntax. Patrick A wrote: > > Does anyone know if you can hide the Column Letters and Row Numbers > using VBA? > > If so, what's the syntax? I can't seem to find anything on it. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson Dave, Thanks very much! Wow, you can find out all sorts of stuff that way! With ActiveWindow ...

Pivot Table DataFields are appended with a '2', why?
My pivot tables work fine for a while, then when I refresh them , sometimes a number 2 is added to some of the field entries why? Are the field names duplicated? Does the source range have more than one column with a given header, or is a field used multiple times in an area of the pivot table? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ SunshineX wrote: > My pivot tables work fine for a while, > then when I refresh them , > sometimes a number 2 is added to some of the field entries...

Converting permanent table to Temp table and where clause
I have a Permanent table that I am changing to a Temp table. It is used in a bunch of places in my code and there is a column "UID" that is always going to be the same whereas it wasn't when it was a permanent table. So I have thinks such as: SELECT... WHERE UID = @UID or DELETE ... WHERE EID = @EID and UID = @UID I was debating taking out the places where it says "UID = @UID" since it will always be the same. Does leaving it in change the plan and would it affect the performance? Thanks, Tom thsad I am not sure that understood...

I have deleted the Source data for a pivot table, how do I get it.
I have deleted the source data that is linked to a Pivot Table, I still have the table but no data - can I get it back? Unless you saved a backup, it's doubtful. "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF758B76-68F4-4F06-8489-C5D120EB51BB@microsoft.com... > I have deleted the source data that is linked to a Pivot Table, I still have > the table but no data - can I get it back? Perhaps you can get it back, if the pivot table was saved with the underlying data. In the Pivot Table, set the row, column and page fields to show All. Double-c...

Row Counter
I'm creating a worksheet with numerous items (rows) in it. I need to have a column that just indicates the row number relative to the first row (excluding any titles). Is there a way to do this? thanks -- Lionel B. Dyck <>< AIM ID: lbdyck Homepage http://www.lbdsoftware.com If you anticipate that you might insert and delete rows below your title headers, Here's one way: If your data *starts* in Row4 (titles in Row3), Enter this in Row4: =ROW()-3 And copy down as needed. Or, you could simply *double* click on the fill handle, and have this formula *automatically* ...