Pivot table formatting removed/lost/reverted upon refresh

I can't seem to maintain any formatting after I refresh the pivot table.

I'm using Access 2007.

EXCEL 2007

Try the following:-

1. Right click somewhere in your Pivot Table and select PivotTable Options .
.. .

2. The PivotTable Options window should launch / Layout & Format tab /
remove the tick (check) from Autofit column widths on update / OK

You might also try, if you have lost formatting, re-applying it quickly by
clicking in the Pivot Table / PivotTable Tools / Design contextual tab /
PivotTable Styles group / clicking one of the styles in here will format your
Pivot Table quickly.

Thanks.

"JimHawkins" wrote:

> I can't seem to maintain any formatting after I refresh the pivot table.
>
> I'm using Access 2007.

How to remove a master category
How do you delete a master category once it's been created and no longer needed for a contact or calendar entry? ...

PA Misc. Log Tables

Removing multiple users from Outlook

visual basic

Fractions Number format

item class table

Date format 04-11-06

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Sum items in a lookup table.
I work for a bus company that has 240 different routes. I also have a table in Excel that lists monthly ridership for each route. I use it as a lookup table to get data for another report. The problem? There are 6 of the 240 routes that are served by more than one garage so they appear twice in the lookup table and I would like to get the sum of the ridership for that particular route from the table. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? I gather you're using a lookup function now to find the ridership from a given route. VLOOKUP will return (0 or) 1 value. If you use SU...

Format List Box!

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Manual removal of SFO 1.2?
Is there a known process for manually uninstalling this thing? I won't bore you with the mundane details, suffice to say, I cannot log in as the installing user and uninstall this thing. Please tell me there is a documented manual removal process. -- ..NET Nobody / C# Proponent I know it sucks but if you cannot log in as the installing user - its borked - if you deleted the profile for the installing user re create it - its a permissions thing/bug if you deleted the user from AD - recrete it - it is faster than re installing XP from scratch - "Chris S" <ChrisS@di...

Named range using conditional formatting
Hi, I have a named cell called Econvert which contains the conversion rate from Dollars to Euros. I am creating a template for others to use and I need to add a conditional format for when users forget to divide their inputs by the Econvert. For example, if they enter a salary number as $40,000 I want them to divide this number by Econvert so that the end result is =$40,000/Econvert. I would like the cell to become red if they forget to divide by Econvert which is why I think that conditional formatting would help. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. You could create a UDF and use that in the ...

HELP: Compare Column values with column names in different tables
I have two tables, Grades_Table and Course_Table In Grades_Table, I have the following columns: Student_ID English Math Physics Chemistry Biology In Course_Table, I have the following columns: Course_ID Course_Name Now, I want to right a combination of SQL query and VBA to search specific students For E.g.: I want to view students who has a grade of “B” in Physics, “B” in Math and “B” in Chemistry How can I do this?? How can I grab a course from “Course_Name” column, from “Course_Table” then locate that course in Grades_Table (Here the course names are...

Pivot Chart, changing the range of data weekly
Each week I must add rows of data my worksheet that my pivot chart reads from. How can I: A: Get my pivot table/chart to recognize the new range of data without having to do any formatting changes? B: I would like to use the "refresh" option, but am don't know much about this feature. What needs to happen in order to be able to use a "refresh" button? Do I need to create a macro in order for the Refresh button to work? Hi, While adding rows to the data. Ensure that the rows are added in the range previously selected for the pivot table (if you add rows in the are...

removing protection?
Hi all, I am attempting to use an excel 2002 template provided by a state agency. When I try to enlarge a column to accommodate the width of a figure, I cannot because certain cells are protected and read-only (for no good reason). The form isn't utilized by the state anymore, so I can't get the password to modify it. Does anyone know of any workaround or utility that could help with this? thanks in advance for any help. Jim Go to Google; there are lost of free password breakers around Hope you stay legal -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &...

Conditional Formatting 02-17-10
Hi All Thanks for looking, the help of this forum is always apreciated. I have the following bit of code: Sub Format1() ' ' Format1 Macro ' With Range("E26:H26") .FormatConditions.Delete .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=IF(OR($H26=""Please Book"", $H26=""Please Cancel""),TRUE,FALSE)" .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=IF(OR($H26=""Booked&q...

matching data from different tables with similar columns
HI, I am having some trouble with matching some data and I was wonderin if anybody could help me? I have two tables with the columns "Name" an "Amount", the first table has the column "Names" field but the colum "Amount" empty. I wanted to fill the "Amount" column in the firs table based on the second table, the problem is that the second tabl has many more records than the first. Is there a way to create formula to look up the name on second table and "amount" data on th first table. Thanks for the help. Regards, Marco -- Mes...

CBitmap Attach/Detach
hi! i have an app where someone put the following code into an update function of a bitmap button: HBITMAP hbmTmp; hbmTmp = (HBITMAP)::LoadImage( AfxFindResourceHandle( MAKEINTRESOURCE( u_uiBitmapID ), RT_BITMAP ), MAKEINTRESOURCE( u_uiBitmapID ), IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_CREATEDIBSECTION | LR_LOADMAP3DCOLORS ); if( m_bmMain.m_hObject ) m_bmMain.Detach(); m_bmMain.Attach( hbmTmp ); isn't the detached object getting lost this way? and if so - is it correct that there is only a limited number of "lost bitmaps" "possible" within an...