Pivot Table data values

I need make a pivot table using the values as the data.  I used to be able to
do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates.  Is there a way to
return the data values?

Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool
I'm not having any luck in finding more information about the Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool and even a harder time locating the download. I've read article http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx, it contains a link to the Microsoft Download Center but the tool doesn't list when you select the downloads for Outlook. I tried to do a search on MS for the "Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool", with no luck locating the download. Does anyone know where to obtain a copy of the tool or if Microsoft has released it out to download. The MS articles state it...

Directly link item engineering data rev level to PO entry/update
Common industry standard is to note the revision level of the item ordered on the PO... this is required for ISO. There is no direct table link from item engineering data to the PO Entry/update regarding item's current revision level. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Manufacturing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Conditional Comment using Cell value as part of it
What I'm trying to do is the following: if cell(a1) is different from 0(zero) then, cell(b1) should have a comment that say, the value of cell(c1) is the payment, next line the value of cell(a1) was refund, next line Total for today = cell(c1)-cell(a1) Example a1 = $10.00 c1 = $30.00 B1 (comment): $30.00 is the payment (c1) $10.00 was refund (a1) Total for today: $20.00 (c1-a1) can anyone help me on that? thanks in advance ...

drop down arrow missing on pivot table when refreshed
I used this to get rid of old items in a pivot table. Sub DeleteItems() ' Dim ws As Worksheet Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem On Error Resume Next For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets For Each pt In ws.PivotTables pt.RefreshTable For Each pf In pt.VisibleFields If pf.Name <> "Data" Then For Each pi In pf.PivotItems If pi.RecordCount = 0 And _ Not pi.IsCalculated Then pi.Delete End If Next End If Next Next Next end sub when refreshing the pivot table the drop down arrows on the page by fields disappear. We are runn...

Change font size based on value of a cell
If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change from the default 10 to 16. It needs to return to the default size when A1 returns to a value of 0. Can someone help with this? Thanks. Michael Here's a little macro that will do it....... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Range("a1").Value = 0 Then Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 10 Else Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 16 End If Range("B1").Select End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MichaelRLanier@gmail.com" wrote: > ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #2
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

How to create report from Pivot Table View of Union Query?
Hi all, I have create a Union ALL Query. I want to generate a report from it. The Pivot Table View of this Union Query shows exactly what I want (having Row Heading, Column Heading and Detailed Data), so how can I make it as a Report? I have tried to create new report, but there is no options of making a pivot table (something like Crosstab Query and Pivot Table View of the Union Query). Also tried to export to Excel, but it shows only count of records. I want all detailed records. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Duane, I tried to create a crosstab qu...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

Pivot tables #12
Is it possible to insert a calculated field that is the absolute valu of an already existing calculated field. i.e I have a list of value that are both positive and negative in a pivot table and I would lik to sort the list by the absolute value each number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Create a calculated field that uses the ABS function, and refers to the existing calculated field. For example: =ABS(Variance) oa6n < wrote: > Is it possible to insert a calculated field that is the absolute value > of an already existing calculated field. i.e I have a list of...

Insert fields dynamically into database from a staging table
Hi all, In our lab when ever a test is performed results are stored in test_results table ( 10 records at maximum) and with click of a button these results should be loaded to database, but I have any issue here, each time the test_result table will have different field names ( one time it will have test1 , test2 , test3 with labid, next time it might have test1, test4, test5 and labid) so how can I load these fields from test_results table into database auomatically. Datebase has all these fields so how can I map the test_results tables fields to database fields to run my dynamic inse...

System Data Protection 2007 on a SBS 2008 Domain
Hi all, This is a lab situation where I have SBS 2008 running on HyperV and doing well... I would like to install Server 2008R2, give it 2 or 4 GBs RAM, 2 CPUs and then install System Data Protection 2007 Has anyone tried this? Is it doable at all? Thanks to all, Dan On Jan 7, 11:52=A0am, "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdud...@yahoo.com.br> wrote: > Hi all, > > This is a lab situation where I have SBS 2008 running on HyperV and doing > well... > > I would like to install Server 2008R2, give it 2 or 4 GBs RAM, 2 CPUs and > then install Sy...

Pivot tables layout
Hello, Doe anyone knows why the initial layout from a pivot table (2007) is different? In one sheet it provides a matrix in which I can drop row, colums and data items. In another sheet it only shows a square stating that I should use the pivot table field list?? regards, Just ...

Delete duplicates in table
Is there a "neat" way to delete records which are duplicates as defined as equal in a particlular field. I can do it with VBA but wonder whether it can be done in SQL. It's pretty easy IF you have a primary key assigned for that table AND you really, really know which records that you don't want to keep. For example you define a duplicate as having the same data in a field but other fields have different data. Which record stays and which record(s) get deleted? On the other hand if a record is completely duplicated in every field AND there are no relationships with ref...

Chart Value Changes in VBA
When you have say a bar chart and drag the bar downwards this will change the value in the reference source cell. Is there a way through VBA to identify the source and the cell changed by when dragging the bar. That is, when you drag the bar in the chart let me know the cell that ahs changed! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Howard John, If your objective is to prevent the cell changes via the chart, you can protect the worksheet (Tools - Protection). The cells should be locked (Format - Cells - Protection). Or you can use the Chart_SeriesChange event macro for the cha...

Setting AutoNumber to Non-Default Value
I would like to use the AutoNumber data type within a field. However I would like the sequential autonumbering to begin from 6000 rather than the default value of 1(for the first record). Thanks for your help in advance. Jeff I suggest you may not want to use Autonumber for that use. Autonumbers are designed to provide unique numbers. It in not designed to provide numbers in order and for a number of reasons may not do so. As a result using them in any application where the user sees the numbers is likely to end up with confusion. There are other ways of providing the numbers...

Query to Redistribute a Table
Hi I am struggling with how to query a table with the current structure: Field1 Field2 ...Field14 Jan Feb Mar Apr... x y ...z 10 15 13 16... etc, It represents sales per month to customers per delivery adress, product and so forth.The numbers under each month respresents the sales for that month. I need to be able to query so I can see all detalis (ie fileds 1-14) per row per month, ie redistribute that original table so I can use month as a field and still use all the original fields. My new table needs to be something link Month Field 1 Field2 ... Field14 New ...

How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

match dates in two columns get value from third
I have a data set on daily basis and another data set on weekly basis. i want to put the weekly data in daily data set by putting a formula which picks values from col c for relevant dates in daily set. example - let us say this is the data set ColA Col B Col C jan1 jan1 8 jan2 jan7 7 jan3 jan4 jan5 jan6 jan7 I want the data from colC against dates in ColA as in ColD below. it should leave other cells blank (colA and ColB are dates format) ColA Col B Col C ColD jan1 jan1 ...

Compare CString with entry from string table
How do I do to compare a CString with an entry from my string table? >How do I do to compare a CString with an entry from my string table? Joachim, Load the string resource into another CString and compare the 2 CStrings. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

deleting entire rows with the same cell value in the first column
Hi! I have an huge table in which there are lots of rows that have the same value as the one in the row before: 1 1 1 2 2 2 How can I delete them leaving this way only one row per value without searching for them and deleting them manualy? Any help welcome! Pedro, assuming your data starts in a1, in b1 type =if(a1=a2,"Y","") and copy down for the length of your data. Then filter on Y and delete all those rows. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Pedro F." wrote: > Hi! > I have an huge table in which there are lots of rows that have the same >...

Utilities for Importing Data into O2003
Anyone have suggestions for utilities that allow importing into custom fields in Outlook from Excel and other formats? Shawn See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message = news:1139309174.143782.221290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Anyo...

Ungroup a pivot table in XL 2000
I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. In XL2002, if I want to ungroup them, I can use the PivotTable toolbar. I also have to do this in XL2000, but I don't see the same tool bar. How do you ungroup a pivot table in XL2000? -- Thanks, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail You can right-click on the field button in the pivot table, and choose 'Group and Outline'. OR, select the cell that contains the field button On the Standard toolbar, choose Data>Group and Outline Fred Smith wrote: > I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. > > In ...

Microsoft Money 2005 not picking up data
I have recently bought a new computer (still with XP) and a) loaded my copy of MM 2005 Standard to it and b) loaded the data files for MM which I copied from the old computer. But I cannot get the program to pick up the data - and of course, support from Microsoft ended last month! Can anyone suggest what I should do to get the data to connect with the software program? -- Patsy In microsoft.public.money, patsy <patsycj@ozemail.com.au(donotspam)> wrote: >I have recently bought a new computer (still with XP) and a) loaded my copy >of MM 2005 Standard to it and b) loaded th...

DLookup default Value
I am having trouble getting the correct syntax using DLookup as a default value in a text box on a form. Form Name: FrmMainInput Unbound control Name: FunctionNumber I am trying to get the default value to look up the FunctionNumber, using the FunctionName from the table TblFunction. I am using the expression below in the default value of the FunctionNumber control, but am not getting any value. =DLookUp("[FunctionNumber] ","TblFunction"," [FunctionName] =" & [Forms]![FrmMainInput]![FunctionNumber] & "") "rbb101" <rbb...

Future Value function with differenct cash flows
Excel does not seem to have a FV function or variant that allows you to compute the FV of different cash flows at regular periodic intervals given a constant rate. Is there such a function? I can think of several applications where the FV of CF's are needed wherein CF's are at both even and uneven intervals or said another way, at set periods versus random periods and at different CF amounts. There are several work around solutions I can think of, but they tend to be cumbersome. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggest...