Pivot Table/Chart

Hi is it possible to have 2 separate sets of series in one table/chart.

i have 4 rows - Weeks 1-4
I have 8 columns - Qty 1-4 and Cost 1-4

I would like to display all the data in one table/chart?

Thanks

somone (9)

If you create a pivot chart, it should show all the data that's in the
pivot table. What problem are you having with the chart?

Steve J wrote:
> Hi is it possible to have 2 separate sets of series in one table/chart.
>
> i have 4 rows - Weeks 1-4
> I have 8 columns - Qty 1-4 and Cost 1-4
>
> I would like to display all the data in one table/chart?
>
> Thanks

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/5/2005 2:15:14 AM
Well If I set up my table to display all the data, ie sinble column showing
4 rows of quantity and four rows of costs.  The figures are correct.  But
then if I select the data, and de-select one of the items, press Ok, then
the table refreshes Ok.  But then if I try to re-select the same item, its
not in the list, and pressing Select ALl has not effect.

I dont use pivit tables/charts very often so I may be (probably) doing
something wrong.

I have assumed that it is because I have two series of data, since the
problem does notoccur whren i just have one series

Thanks for help

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> If you create a pivot chart, it should show all the data that's in the
> pivot table. What problem are you having with the chart?
>
> Steve J wrote:
>> Hi is it possible to have 2 separate sets of series in one table/chart.
>>
>> i have 4 rows - Weeks 1-4
>> I have 8 columns - Qty 1-4 and Cost 1-4
>>
>> I would like to display all the data in one table/chart?
>>
>> Thanks

> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

APH5215 (2)
5/5/2005 9:38:08 AM
If you deselect an item in the Data area, it's removed from the pivot
table, and from the Data dropdown list. To see it in the chart again,
you can drag it back from the Pivot Table Field List.

Alex H wrote:
> Well If I set up my table to display all the data, ie sinble column showing
> 4 rows of quantity and four rows of costs.  The figures are correct.  But
> then if I select the data, and de-select one of the items, press Ok, then
> the table refreshes Ok.  But then if I try to re-select the same item, its
> not in the list, and pressing Select ALl has not effect.
>
> I dont use pivit tables/charts very often so I may be (probably) doing
> something wrong.
>
> I have assumed that it is because I have two series of data, since the
> problem does notoccur whren i just have one series
>
> Thanks for help

> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
>
>>If you create a pivot chart, it should show all the data that's in the
>>pivot table. What problem are you having with the chart?
>>
>>Steve J wrote:
>>
>>>Hi is it possible to have 2 separate sets of series in one table/chart.
>>>
>>>i have 4 rows - Weeks 1-4
>>>I have 8 columns - Qty 1-4 and Cost 1-4
>>>
>>>I would like to display all the data in one table/chart?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/5/2005 11:40:27 AM
Thanks Debras

I was just wondering why it only happens sometimes.

if I just have the 4 quantity totals, then i can delect and reselect and it
disappaers and reappears without any issue.  if I have both quantity and
cost data in the table whichever one I de-select it will disappaer and as
you say, wont come back till you drag it back from field listing

> If you deselect an item in the Data area, it's removed from the pivot
> table, and from the Data dropdown list. To see it in the chart again, you
> can drag it back from the Pivot Table Field List.
>
> Alex H wrote:
>> Well If I set up my table to display all the data, ie sinble column
>> showing 4 rows of quantity and four rows of costs.  The figures are
>> correct.  But then if I select the data, and de-select one of the items,
>> press Ok, then the table refreshes Ok.  But then if I try to re-select
>> the same item, its not in the list, and pressing Select ALl has not
>> effect.
>>
>> I dont use pivit tables/charts very often so I may be (probably) doing
>> something wrong.
>>
>> I have assumed that it is because I have two series of data, since the
>> problem does notoccur whren i just have one series
>>
>> Thanks for help

>> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>If you create a pivot chart, it should show all the data that's in the
>>>pivot table. What problem are you having with the chart?

>>>--
>>>Debra Dalgleish
>>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
>>>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>>>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

somone (9)

#Deleted being displayed in a linked table
I have linked to a mainframe DB2 table and when I try to open the table or run a query against it, the only thing that display is "#Deleted" in every cell. I know there is data in the table as I can query using Excel and get the correct results. Using the same simple query in Access, I retrieve the correct number of rows but they all contain the same "#Deleted" message in each cell. I have links to other DB2 tables on this mainframe and the results are fine. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. Have you tried relinking the table? I had the same thing happen to me o...

Pivot Table
I've this problem, when I drag the fields into the "Data" area, it will show as "Count of Q1 Results". But what I actually want is "Sum of Q1 Results". I would have to manually go to field setting and reconfigure from count to sum. It happens for all the fields I drag into the "Data" area. Is there any way around this? Thanks. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If the column contains only numbers, it should default to Sum. Derrick wr...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

Where free 2 sigma statistical process control chart, free?
where can I download a free statistical process control chart template? ...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

Constant List
Is there an easy way to return the values of the ChartType constants? Excel 97 does not seem to list them in help and I have not been able to find them in google.group searches. Thanks M Select xlChartTypes in the Classes pane of the object browser. The constants are named in the members panel. If you select one, it provides the numeric equivalent at the bottom of the object browser, e.g., Const xlArea = 1 Member of Excel.XlChartType - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ M wrote: > Is there...

Excel --- Physical dimensions of a chart object
Is there a way to know the physical dimensions of a chart object on a worksheet? I have data in several worksheets and I would like all my charts to be of the same size (obviously this means that data with a smaller range of values will be more spread out than data with a larger range of values). Thanks, Nimmi This is just an example: Sub Macro2() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select n = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Width m = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Height MsgBox (n & " BY " & m...

Controlling Gap Width for BAR Chart
Hi, I have the following data for example. A = 2 B= 3 C = 4 I can create a 2 D Bar chart from this quite easily. Now If I make the data to A = 2 , 3 B= 3 , 4 C = 4 , 5 I do want to plot the data on the basis of first two values as mentioned in the first example, but I want to control the width of the Bar from the value given after comma. Please help. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Fazi <farazahmedtoor@gmail.com> said: >I have the following data for example. >A = 2 , 3 >B= 3 , 4 >C = 4 , 5 > >I want to plot the data on the basis of firs...

What is the best chart for this....
When I want to compare how each salesperson's sales contributes to Total Sales, I can use a pie chart. But what do I use when I want to compare how each salesperson performed against the *average* of total sales? I am envisioning a vertical bar chart with a horizontal line at the average, but I need a solution that can be generated by a macro. Any advice? Thanks in advance. Patti Patti - That's how you would do it, a column chart with a horizontal line. On this web page, I give a couple techniques to achieve the horizontal line: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine...

How do I add y-axis labeling on the right side of chart?
I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. You'll need to have at least two series in order to enter a secondary axis. On one of the series, change the Axis to Secondary axis. "DavidNHFCU" <DavidNHFCU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28759EE0-759E-4964-8F5E-6C49099653B6@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. How can I force the y-axis at the bottom of my chart to appear for all 12 months when I only have Jan, Feb and March figures to put in the first thre...

excel chart showing movable graph at what point we make a profit
in a business would like to make a chart based on accumulated Earnings & Profit/Loss for year to date, perhaps movable showing our break even point and by moving chart to a another earnings figure what profit we should make. For example put in earnings for YTD Profit/Loss YTD then I can move the earnings part of the chart to show what our profit would be for a given earnings figure. Alternatively If For example if we earn $200 for year so far and profit is $0 but any amount over that is 18% profit so I can move chart line to say $240 and it will say what profit I will make. Hope ...

"Print to Scale" Excel 2007 Charts
In Excel 2003, one could double-click a chart, print, and the chart would auto-size to fill a page. I am unable to print my newly-created Excel 2007 charts so they auto-size to print one-to-a-page (now requires several time-consuming steps for reformatting titles, axes, etc.). I do not have a "print to scale" option in my page setup. Printing to a Ricoh Aficio AP610N. Thanks so much. I will assume we are talking of an embedded chart (one sitting on a worksheet) and not a chart sheet. In Excel 2003 (all earlier) you did not double click, you just single clicked to...

Bar Chart (2D) won't let me 'gap' one bar behind the other?

Stacked and single column in same chart?
How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a single column? When I build a stacked column chart, any new source data I add wants to put it in the same stacked column. Use one of the links on this page. You need to set up the data so the single column is in a stacking position with no other columns of data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Einstine wrote: > How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a sing...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Write conflict error with ODBC link table
Hi, I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data (ODBC link) from form, I receive Wirte conflict error 'The record has been changed by other user... Copying the change to the clipboard...'. The error allow me either copy the info to clipboard or drop change. In this case, how can I save my work to the table here? SF � "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> ������ ��� ������ news:#F7F7OtcIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data > (ODBC link) from form, I...

Can anyone help with this chart?
I would like to have the following values/labels on the y and x axis of any style of chart: X-axis: July, August, September etc for a full financial year; Y-axis: FB, AP, DR, LA, PC. OR the other way around. Presently the Y-axis simply displays the labels 'Jan Jan Jan Jan Jan' etc. Thank you. Any help would be much appreciated. Check out Jon Peltier's article on creating a vertical category axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "A little stuck" wro...

center data labels on my column chart
How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of each column on my chart? Thanks. Click on one of the labels (that will select all the labels in the series) Choose Format>Selected Data Labels Select the Alignment tab From the Label Position dropdown, choose Center Immediately after formatting the first series, if there are other series in the chart -- Select a label in another series Press the F4 button on the keyboard, to repeat the formatting from the previous series Repeat for all series Dan wrote: > How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of > e...

Dynamic Chart #2
Can you please help me to create a dynamic chart by using VBA? Thanks in advance!! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements VBA may not be needed. See the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Charts' page of my web site. -- [Posted directly to the Usenet newsgroup -- no affiliation with Excelforum] Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel...

displaying charts from Macros
I would like to create the template which will present user with several data entry forms, calculate result and then should presend result as a serie of charts with next button to show next chart. Is it possible to display just the chart windows for each chart or they have to be displayed on separate sheets. Any suggestion on what is the most elegant solution to what I want to do ? Regards, Tony Tony - The chart windows are not stable; they disappear when the user clicks anywhere else. But I don't think you really mean chart windows as such. You can make embedded charts. From Lo...

chart zero
Hello, first Post - so here goes.... I am ploting a simple chart in Excel - when the value of a cell, say F5, is zero (calculated as =F4/F3) or F4 and F3 are zero and F5 returns #DIV/0! - I don't want to plot that cell at all. At the moment it is plotted as zero in both cases. I'm using Excel 2000. Many Thanks Andy Have just found the other threads dealing with this issue - #N/A and a white font will do it for me. Thanks anyway guys Andy "First & Last" wrote: > Hello, first Post - so here goes.... > > I am ploting a simple chart in Excel - when the va...

2007 charting problems
Is anybody having these problems, and can anybody tell me how to fix them? 1. In Excel 2003, I could select a range of cells and drag them into a chart and they would be pasted as a new series into the chart. Is this feature gone in 2007? 2. When I have a rotated Y-axis label, I can click on the text and see an insert cursor, but when I start typing, only the first letter appears in the label and the rest end up in the formula bar. When I hit enter, only the new text from the formula bar shows up in the label. 1) Just Copy the range, right click the chart and use Paste 2) Do not use ...

adding a line to an existing chart
Hi, I have a chart with bars and two lines but I want to add another line on top of what I already have...can I do this if so, how? I have tried many things but it is not showing up. Please provide as much detail as possible, as I am fairly new to this. JudyT Select the data for the new line (say F2:F20) Click the Copy tool Click the chart Use menu command Edit | Past Special; specify New Series; click OK Suppose the data is G2:F20 with new x-values in column F Select the data for the new line (say G2:F20) Click the Copy tool Click the chart Use menu command Edit | Past Special; speci...

Candlestick Charts
Sorry if this a repeat from another post, but I am new to the newsgroup. I am looking for an excel spreadsheet for Japanese Candlestick Charting. Any help is appreciated. Rich in Maine Rich - Make a line chart with your two series of data. Double click on of the series, choose the Options tab, and check the box for Up-Down Bars. Where the first series' value is higher than the second's, the bars are one color, when they are switched, the color changes. You can format the bars as if they were columns in a regular column chart. If you mean a stock candlestick chart, which show...