Pivot table chart problem

Hello!
Can somebody help me to solve one insignificant problem related to
pivot table charts. I want to have grand totals displayed in the chart,
which was created using a pivot table. I tried many different ways, but
couldn't succeed. Is it impossible? If so, are there any other ways to
display the totals in the chart. I really apreciate your help. Thank
you in advance.

---

I don't know of a way to include the grand total in a PivotChart. You
can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the
totals in that.

On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal
chart from pivot data:

     http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel - 2000 or 97 conversion
Hi, I have created a workbook of templates and formulas which throug various screens, work together and produce a final answer. In some o the sheets I have used "change events" (I think thats the right term ? to cut down the number of pages/sheets. However, I have rolled it out t 70 users and some don't have Excel 2000 and therefore the function don't work properly. Is there a way around this. The file is quite bi but I would be very grateful if someone would offer to take a look. Thanks Andre -- ajw15 ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

problem with Like "*" & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & "*"
Please help everything works well till i put in the Like "*" & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & "*" Using Like "*" & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & "*" broke the code for all the other single relationship record criteria that bring back 1 record how can I fix it? When I say it broke it what I meant it brings back the same record when I test for 1. case_nbr 2. med_rec and the other single row record but the name works correctly. When I take out Using Like "*" & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_n...

Automate creation of a table of hyperlinks?
I would like to create a simple spreadsheet consisting of a single column, where each entry is a hyperlink to a related image file (located in the same folder as the spreadsheet). It's easy, but laborious, to do the cells one at a time - either with the Hyperlink function or Insert Hyperlink. I can easily generate the list of text entries (just the image file names, to start) with a DOS DIR command to create an importable text file. But haven't been able to figure out how to convert these into Hyperlinks in one fell swoop! - Herb Herb You could try this macro from David McRi...

Freezing table header in the extract from SSRS report
I am extracting data in excel format from SSRS report. I am using tablix in the report. The headers should be freezed in the excel file after extraction. I am able to freeze the headers in the SSRS level but when I am extracting data in excel format these headers are not geting freezed in the excel. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-reporting/201003/1 I am using tablix in ssrs 2008 but i have not been able to freeze the table header, please advise. "onkarsinghsaini via SQLMonster.com" wrote: > I am extrac...

Adding % to Bar Chart
I have a bar chart for resource analysis and I want to add a % to the chart. I calculate it in a cell. Is there anyway to add a textbox and put the value of a cell in it? You can add custom data labels based on worksheet calculations. Use one of these utilities to create the labels: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com...

Contacts Problem
Hi All I've imported my contacts from Outlook Express and they appear fine when you use the Icon on the bar on the left, but when I click 'new' and try to add a contact from the icon next to the 'to' line the 'contact' folder is empty as is the Outlook Address Book. Many thanks in advance xool --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.554 / Virus Database: 346 - Release Date: 20/12/2003 Look at your Folder View. It looks to me like you've created more than one Contacts Folder. -- ...

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

Exchange 2003 edb problems
Hi. I am having problems with one of our Exchanges. It recently stopped working and the event log pointed at the problem being the database hitting the 16Gb limit. Looking at the Priv1.edb and stm files the are adding up to 16Gb but online defraging only seems to show 150mb of white space. If I add up all the mailboxes including deleted items however, it only comes to 5Gb. I tried an offline defrag but it only reduced the stm file by the expected 150mb. Having deleted as many un-necessary emails as possible, I have reset the deleted item retention to 0, and changed the maintenan...

XMLA .NET connection problems
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

How do you make a chart with right angles only?
I have a set of data with times and a bunch of 0's and 1's. For example, at 1:30 p.m., I have a 0....2:00 p.m., I have a 1...2:30 p.m. I have a 0, etc. I have my 0's and 1's set up on the vertical axis and the times along the horizontal axis. I want my chart to show horizontal and vertical lines ONLY. IE: I want a point at "0" at 1:30 p.m., then I want a horizontal line over to 2:00 p.m., and then I want a line going straight up to "1", and then I want a horizontal line over to 2:30 p.m., and then I want a vertical line straight down to "0&qu...

Pivot Chart/Report Help
I need some serious help here. I've been trying to figure this one out for 3 days now and I'm getting nowhere. I've searched google extensively for anyone else that might have been having this issue but come up with nothing. OK, I have a very simple pie chart created in Access 2003. It is basically just a form in which the default view is set to "Pivot Chart." If I view this on the screen, it looks fine. If I print out the form, the chart is upside down and backwards. If I print out the report in which the form is a sub-report, the chart is upside down and backward...

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

revised q on report from tables
Hi Would still love help on previous regarding 20 tables but in a panic. :( I have now ref all tables to 1 long list so as a quick fix: the col headings of the list are PC | Name | Rate | B | S |X | L1 In the report sheet I have a drop down list of the PC col. I would like to be able to select the PC and the report be filled with the following data only: | Name | Rate | B | S |X | L1 I have used vlookup and tried to hack an old code that can be copied down but it will only ever show the first record :(:( Sorry for being thick.. Cheers for all help and I ...

Create a text box that looks up a value in a table
I've been trying to get dlookup to work without success. I'm trying to get a title of a class to be inserted depending on the number of the class. I tried =DLookup("[Title]","[ Course Listing]",”[Course #]) and I get "invalid syntax" message. Can anyone help? Thanks. Assuming the text box is named EnterCourseNum and the field in the table is named CourseNum, you need: =DLookup("[Title]","[ Course Listing]","[CourseNum] = " & Me!EnterCourseNum) Steve santus@penn.com "vanmen" <vanme...

Look up Address problems!
Hi I wonder if anyone can help with this problem. I have imported a number of Accounts into our CRM system. All is working fine except that I cannot link an invoice or delivery address to an order or quote using the lookup address! I imported the accounts originally using the administrator account. If I logon to the CRM as myself and then create an order/quote (that has the orignal account owner as the administrator) and use the look up address, this works fine! I get the primary account address returned. If I then create an account as myself and then try to create an order/quote and use ...

MAcro Problem (probably easy)
I'm trying to record and run a macro that copies the format, colors an a graphic from another excel report. I start the macro recorder, the open the workbook, copy, switch workbooks, paste all, then switc workbooks, close the graphic source workbook, and stop the recorder. When I run the macro, it gives me an error like it can't open the othe workbook. Any tips -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

populating list box with fields name of a table
I am trying to create a form which will have two list boxes. The first list box will be populated with the table names(which I will get from linked odbc). Once a user selects a table in the list, then the second list box should display the fields of that particular table. What I have done so far is: 1)created a form 2)added two list boxes 3)created a query to get the names of the table from sysobject table. 4)populated the first list box with the names of the table. I am stuck here, as I dont know how to get the names of the column of the table(just the names not the data). Also, how can I lin...

RMS MS Access Link
I just figured out a way to more easily manage my database items... You can use a linked table in MS access to connect to the SQL server and. Then the table can be edited in a spreadsheet-like view. Generally, you create a new blank database in Access. Then click on Tables. Right click and create a new linked table. Go through the motions to select your SQL database server and select the dbo.Item table. For more detailed information, search google or go to: http://www.frontpagehowto.com/sqlaccess.htm Jason I did made connection with MS Access but had an error when I try to access or ...

Change pivot chart options
Is it possible to modify fields through VB on pivotcharts? For instance I have a chart that shows sales per date. And I'd like to use the same chart to show sales by month or sales by week without the user having to move things around themselves. I can easily set up 2 different Pivotcharts but that seems redundant if they use the exact same layout and data. Thanks, ...

Area Pages Display Problems
When I launch GP and select any series, for example, Financial. The area page on the right provides varios categories. In the Financial Area page, one of the Category is Cards and then underneath cards it has Financial (To the the left of Financial there is a + or - icon) and then Financial has several access items such as account, checkbook, etc. The problem I am running into is when I click on the + icon it expands the category properly and changes the icon to - correctly. Then when I click on the minus icon it shrinks the category, but instead the of changing the icon to + it chan...

How do I remove the (blank) from an excel pivot table?
I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many of the items on the list will be blank. On the pivot table, the blank items show up as (blank) - I want the cell to be empty! I tried setting the table empty values but that doesn't work...any help would be greatly apprecated... If you click the small black triangle near the top of the Table, a menu will appear. Just clear the checkbox next to (blank) -- Gary''s Student "MarkfromAZ" wrote: > I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many > of the...

Refreshing a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object
Can a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object be refreshed by linking it to an excel spreadsheet? The "chart object" is being copied from the originating excel spreadsheet, using the special past function to make an Excel Chart Object in a Word doc. DonC, Use Paste Special, pasting it as an Excel Chart Object in the Word document. Use the Paste Link button. Now it's linked to the cells of the original worksheet. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "DonC" <don.cook@farmersinsurance.com> w...

Problem Opening Outlook XP
I was having a few small problems with outlook xp so I uninstalled the whole office suite. After uninstalling I cleaned everything refering to "office", "outlook" in the registry (windows xp professional w/sp2) with jv16 PowerTools 2006. Then I reinstalled Office XP. Everything works except, when opening outlook I get the message "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register.". Then outlook closes. I have registered vbscript.dll successfully and still the error. I have un/reinstalled several times now and still t...

Is there a way to turn off the prompts of a make table query?
I merely want to update the table to be used as an export to Excel using TransferSpreadsheet. Each time it prompts for deleting old records and adding new records. Is there a was to turn off the prompts? Bottom line - I want to create an Macro to export the output of a query to an Excel spreadsheet. BobC, DoCmd.SetWarnings False 'Off Your TransferSpreadsheet line here DoCmd.SetWarnings True 'On -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "...