Pivot Table #3

We run a pivot table based off of data that is broken down by shipments,
the problem we run into when doing this is that the shipment count
exceeds the maximum number of lines in a worksheet so we often have to
create one pivot table per quarter.

We are looking for a way to merge data from two separate worksheets in
the same book into one pivot table. Is this possible?

Chris Nelson

--
chrisnelsonusa1
chrisnelsonusa1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29526

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:12:14 -0500, chrisnelsonusa1 wrote:

> We run a pivot table based off of data that is broken down by shipments,
> the problem we run into when doing this is that the shipment count
> exceeds the maximum number of lines in a worksheet so we often have to
> create one pivot table per quarter.
>
> We are looking for a way to merge data from two separate worksheets in
> the same book into one pivot table. Is this possible?
>
> Chris Nelson

Yes, there are several ways to handle this.

Easiest is to base the pivot table on multiple consolidation ranges.

Another method is to not have your database in an Excel worksheet but as a
sseparate text file. You will need to query that file using the text
driver in query.
0
amvds (1)

MFC and threads #3
Greetings, I am running into a problem when trying to pause a thread in MFC based application. This is my first time using user defined Events for synchronization. The scenario is like this. Code executes in a worker thread and based on some conditions thread launches another new dialog window. That window displays some message to user ie, Hello There! in an Edit control. I provide a Resume button on the bottom of that message Window so that user can continue after reading the message and the worker thread should continue from where it left off. This is the code for that Resume button. v...

Sample CRM 3.0 reports downloadable from Partnersource
It would be useful to have sample reports from CRM 3.0 availble to download from Partnersource to show customers what the reports look like. Customers won't have enough data in their own CRM for some time after going live, therefore they cannot easily get an idea of what information the standard reports in CRM can provide. This would be useful to Partners to use as a selling aid and in giving training. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" ...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Send #3
Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after send/receive. Hi - please tell us your version of Outlook, what service pack you have, what mode if applicable (see all this in help | about) and what kind of e-mail account you use. Bernie wrote: > Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in > the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after > send/receive. ...

Create Expression from Func? (3.5 SP1)
Hello: Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like cluttering up my method signatures with the whole Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would prefer for callers to simply see Func<TResult, T> instead. I'd like to take a Func and create an Expression from it. Is that possible? Thanks, Travis Parks Jehu Galeahsa wrote: > Hello: > > Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like > cluttering up my method signatures with the whole > Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would ...

photogallery in pub #3
How many default photos in photo gallery web page of publishers? Ans is 12 but please explain any body. Thanks in advance. ...

Calendar sharing #3
Hello all, the current exchange setup is as follows: 1. domain A.... is windows 2000, with exchange 5.5 and is hosted in Organization A 2. domain B .... is windows 2003, with exchange 2003 and is hosted in Organization B Is there a way for users from both domains to access the other's calendar ( for example, user 1 in domain A wants to access user 2 in domain B)? Any input is appreciated. Thanks. Diana Hi Diana, You may consider the InterOrg Replication Utility to accomplish this. Read more about it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7A951D7-155...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

Pivot Table with Quarter Subtotals across the top
Hello, I'm constantly creating pivot tables that show sales information by date across the top from left to right. I would love to insert a subtotal at the end of each calender quarter to subtotal the last three months. As it stands right now I just drop in the "Month" field from the data into the pivot table and the months flow through the pivot table. Is it possible to insert a quarter subtotal, say "1Q07" that will sum Jan-07, Feb-07 & Mar-07? Thanks in advance, Dza In 2007- Select any date heading, on the options ribbon click Group Field in the Group g...

Suggest a solution
Hi all. I have a table named Articles that has the fields: ArticleID, ArticleName, Price and so on.... What I want to do is to make a new table that would hold some related Property records for each article. For example... Color, Weight, Length,.. This is not a problem, but what I want is to be able to change fields names for the second table (like PropertyID, PropertyName) and be able to search among those values from query. This is the most important part: ---------------------------------------------------------------- I would like to have them as a field in query from ...

auto filter data within pivot table
Hello, Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? Can we do that? It doesnt seems to work?! Thanks. Elaine. You can add fields to the page area, and use them to filter the pivot table's data. To sort a field, select a cell in a column, and click the A-Z button on the Excel toolbar. elaine wrote: > Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort > the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? > Can we do that? > > It doesnt se...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

Invest $3.70 & Earn $ 1 million By E-gold
Invest $3.70 and earn $1,000,000.00 By e-gold! Free sign-up. Guaranteed earnings! http://www.ptsu.biz/index.php?ref=petertian ...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Editing more than 1 table at a time with SQL.
Say I have two tables in a DB called TABLE1, and TABLE2. TABLE1 [IDNUMBER] [FIRSTNAME] 1 Ryan 2 Jennifer 3 Monica TABLE2 [IDNUMBER] [LASTNAME] 1 Johnson 2 Snipes 3 Smith My question is would I be able to use SQL in code to Edit, Delete or Insert data to both tables in one string rather than one table at a time? For instance what if I want to change both tables with a [IDNUMBER] = 2 to a [IDNUMBER] = 4, OR change the ...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

Crm 3.0 11-09-07
I have one server windows 2003 standard r2 sp2 With: _Crm 3.0 _Wsus 3.0 I first installed CRM 3.0 (databases point on another server) and after I installed Wsus 3.0 with standard installation (comprehensive SQL 2005 espress edition) Now when I go to http://nameserver:5555 all open correctly but not report folder. When I click report folder I have an error (there is an error please contact your system administrator). I try to go to http://nameserver/serverreports but there isn't a web page (IIS say impossible find page). Have Wsus delete iis report configuration? How I can restore t...

Outlook Newsgroups #3
Question? Why has Outlook (not Express) always asked in the past if it would like to be the Default News Reader, I believe it has never been able to do this function. Why is it that you have to go to a lower type email program to read Newsgroups? I will never use Express and would love to remove it from my system. I currenty use Mozilla Thunderbird to read Newsgroups. Does anyone know why Micrsoft refuses to add Newsgroup options to their full Outlook program? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Question? >Why has Outlook (not Express) always asked in the past if it would like...

How do I compare output data from 2 pivot tables in a graph forma.
I have a pivot table created for 2004 that shows the number of inspections we received on a particular day of the week (ie. 5 on saturdays, 2 on wednesdays, etc.) I am creating the same pivot table for 2005 and am looking for a way to graph the data (bar graph) of the pivot table from 2004 to compare with my 2005 data (ie. last year we received 5 inspections on saturdays, this year we received xx amount on saturdays). Is this even possible to do? I am using Office Pro 2003 and any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Doobi, One option is to combine the pivot tables for 2004 and...

Pivot Chart Bar Width
Is it possible to stabilize the width of the bars when using a Pivot Chart? When there is very little data to chart - based on the values I select from page data pull-downs - the bars are really fat. Other times they are thin. I would really like to have a standard width. tia Pat Watson Pat - The bars are based on a percentage of the spacing between categories. If you have fewer categories, the bars get wider. If you decreased the bar width (by increasing gap width on the Other tab of the format series dialog), they'd be much further apart. You can't adjust these automatical...

Outlook Sync #3
HI I am looking for direction for a Windows Internet utility that allows you to sync Outlook to an Internet webpage. Thanks Dave Dave Warren <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote: > I am looking for direction for a Windows Internet utility that allows > you to sync Outlook to an Internet webpage. Sync it with regard to what? Do you want your mail to show on the web page? Your contacts? Your calendar? Please be specific in stating your requirements and include your Outlook version and account type. ...