Pivot report without the drop downs

I created my Excel 2007 Pivot table with the data I need.  Now, I want
to remove the Report Filter Drop Down showing lot more information
than my peers or superiors need to see or even try to view.

The same is true for the Rows Labels and Column Labels with the drop
down.

I figured out how to remove the plus signs by using the "Show/Hide" on
the Options on the Ribbon.

I tried the copy and paste but for some reason I can only do .txt or
object.  There is no paste special.  Then the format is not the same.

Do anyone have an answer for this problem?

Thanks a million,
Ty
0
tyrone_bak (11)

linking companies reports
I know Frx can link and consolidate seperate Great Plains companies. But what if I want to do this in native GP. Is Crystal the only way? I understand Report Writer only accesses one company at a time? Thanks for any info Bill 2020, Why would you want to do something that FRx was designed to do naturally in a tool like Crystal Reports? Anyways, you can also use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "2020" wrote: > > I know Frx can link and consolid...

Report showing #Error on a valid SQL View
I have an Access app with an SQL Server backend. One report is based on a VIEW. When I run the view alone all the data is visible. But when I run the report, I get #Error on one field. The field is numeric. However, the RecordSource property of the textbox is: [MyNumericFieldFromSQLView]/32 What's strange is that when I remove the division by 32, the #Error disappears. What I need to do in the report is divide the value from the view by 32. I cannot modify the view because it is not an option. Any help? Thanks ! It is possible that the field is a text field that is...

Great Plains 6 Prints reports lightly
We have an issue with the printing from Great plains being a good bit lighter than normal print from the same printers. Does anyone know what could cause this or where i could find settings for the printer in GP6? ...

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

link drop down menu to info in worksheet
want to create a drop down that shows information from other worksheets. ie as i select A it will read the information on A from the worksheet2. How about a 'list'? Position your cursor where you want it in worksheet 1. Go to Data, Validation, Settings, Allow and choose List. In Source, click on the red square in the spreadsheet icon, go to worksheet 2 and select what you want displayed in worksheet 1. Click on the red again, and OK. When your cursor enters the cell in worksheet 1, a downarrow appears with the list you linked to. HTH, Carole O "bob" wrote: >...

Reporting on MS Project Server in java
Hello, I am trying to use MS Project server PSI in java. I could create java stubs by using the wsdl. Now if I want to see all the projects, I couldn' find any API in the Project Web Service. I couldn't find any help related to the same. Is there any way where I can get list of Projects availaible in MS Project Server or do I need to go through the reporting database route? I wanted to use the WEB SERVICE route as I dont have to worry about the security. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Milind. Milind: The correct place to ask developer questions ...

How to open workbook without hardcoding path
Hi Could anyone tell me how to open a workbook from another workbook, where both files are in the same folder, without hardcoding the path. I have tried code like this without success. Workbooks.open (path & "\somefile.xls") Thanks in advance Mick Excel automatically looks in the current folder, so :- Workbooks.open "somefile.xls ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Reporting back crashes in MFC-based products
Hello, We have a product written in MFC using Visual Studio 7.1. We are now planning to implement a feature that will detect a crash and report to us the cause of the crash and other meaningful information. The plan is to provide something similar to Window's error reporting tool. I found a 3rd party tool for Delphi that instruments the source code. When the program crashes, it provides information like the name of the function, module etc.. Is there something similar that I can use with MFC? The other option is to use MFC's Structured Exception Handling and try to get a memory dump...

Leading Zero dropping off after export to Excel
Good afternoon, I'm exporting data from a view I created in Lotus Notes 8.0 to Excel 2007. One of the fields looks like a number (it has no alpha characters), but is set up as "general". The field is 11 characters long and can contain a "0" (zero) as the first character in the field. I have no control over this field. When I export selected documents from the view and save it as a .csv file, which we've been instructed to do, and open with Excel, the leading "0" drops off. The problem with this is, I only need the first 4 character...

Erratic Report Field Format
Hi: Having strange problem with erratic behavior of field format on a report/subreport, which I hope someone can solve. (Using Ac2003) On the subreport Detail, I have a field "Charges", Where Format= Fixed, Decimal Places = 2, and ControlSource = =Replace([ChargesApproved],"."," "). On the subreport Footer, I have a field "SumCharges", whose Format=Currency, Decimal places = 2, and ControlSource==DSum("[ChargesApproved]","TopN") (where TopN is the underlying query for the subreport). Then, in the Report Detail section, there is a fie...

SSRS report published in CRM 3.0
I have developed a report in SSRS, when I view the report in VS 2005 it looks fine but when I publish the same report in CRM 3.0 , the format gets messed up. Any idea? Its really frustrating..spending more time in formating than in logic. - Pari ------=_NextPart_0001_07B8A9E1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Pari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have developed a report in SSRS, when I view the report in VS 2005 it looks > fine but when I publish the same report in CRM 3.0 , the format gets messed up. > > Any idea? Its really frustrating...

check report is open
Hi all I want to check if a report is open before running a bit of code on another report, is there a command to easily check for this? Thanks, Sue Application.CurrentProject.AllReports("NameOfReport").IsLoaded -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Sue" <sportybabesue@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23JRCfTO$KHA.5292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I want to check if a report is open before running a bit of code on > another report, is there a command to easi...

Attachments are being sent without file extensions
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hello Everyone, For some reason I'm having users send files that don't have file extensions. This is a big problem, as I know Mac OS X embeds file type into the actual file, windows does not and none of our clients can read these files because it doesn't have a file extension! Is there anyway I can make it so all Office applications save the filename+filext? Please help!!! On 4/30/08 12:26 PM, in article ee9a20a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "UltraSPARC@officeformac.com" <UltraSPARC@officeformac....

Excel hyperlinks without screen tips
I vould like to make hyperlinks without any kind of screen tips, automatic or with my text, between Excel workbooks! morcoff Right-click on hyperlink and Edit Hyperlink. Top right of dialog find "Screen Tip" button. Click on and enter a <space> or your text in the box. That will be the screen tip for that cell or cells if more than one was selected to Edit. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:49:06 -0800, "morcoff" <morcoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I vould like to make hyperlinks without any kind of screen tips, automatic or >w...

-> Backing up all messages without keeping links to Exchange?
Hi, is there a simple way to backup all messages (in all folders/sub folders) locally so I can use them on a computer without any internet links to Exchange? I fear that just saving messages and opening them on another computer might ask me to establish the link to the Exchange server. That's what I want to break: remove all references to Exchange and keep those messages as a personal file (PST) only? Is there a way? Thanks for any help in archiving those messages. Sincerely, Steve JORDI (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address) ---------------------------------...

descent routing report
Feed back for Great Plains: They need a descent routing report that is condensed so it doesn’t require 12 – 25 pages of stuff to look thru, with the following: item #, item description, routing sequence, routing description, work center, setup code, setup time, labor code, labor time, mach id, machine time, and cycle time. But would include the ability to see the routing information for the top level item and if it was a primary routing. Currently, I can’t put the boxing of the product labor time to the top level items, because I can not see in a report if the information is there o...

Creating Report with a Subreport
I am a novice user trying to create a report in Access 2007. I am creating a report from my association's member database. Each report consists of the member company's profile, and includes a subreport with the contact details for the company's sub members, if they have any, inserted in to the body of the main report. The reports are linked by a field called Member ID#. My problem is that what I am calling a report entry (a profile of one coumpany, including the sub member subreport) is printed for each submember, so if 5 subcontacts are listed for a particular comp...

Percents in Pivot Table
Hi. I have a pivot table Month Billing Category Count of Incoming Imei Sum of Billing Amount of Incoming Imei % of Billing Amount August Bounce 3 $300 0.03% 0.04% MIN 1,027 $30,810 10.60% 4.40% TIER1 15 $595 0.15% 0.09% TIER2 163 $13,760 1.68% 1.97% TIER3 397 $49,980 4.10% 7.14% TIER4 2 $555 0.02% 0.08% TIER5 3 $400 0.03% 0.06% August Total 1,610 $96,400 16.61% 13.78% September MIN 1,163 $34,890 12.00% 4.99% TIER1 22 $840 0.23% 0.12% TIER2 471 $40,545 4.86% 5.79% TIER3 674 $86,685 6.95% 12.39% TIER4 3 $1,290 0.03% 0.18% TIER5 4 $575 0.04% 0.08% September Total 2,337 $164,825 24.1...

Preserve Pivot Format
I'm currently testing out Office 2007 for my company (we currently use 2003) and I've run into a couple of questions regarding pivot table formatting. 1. In 2003, when I told a pivot table to "preserve format," it actually worked. For example, I have a page field in which the text gets very long. I'd like to have it "taller" and with wrapped text. In 2003, I changed that field to "all", set my formatting, and refreshed the pivot - worked great, the cell stayed as formatted. In 2007, I have "Preserve cell formatting on update" checked. I rep...

FilteredActivityParty table in RS report
When using RS to query the CRM database, I occasionally need the FilteredActivityParty table to find records in which certain users are participating. However, because of the JOIN with FilteredActivityPointer and the Party table being a N:N table, performance of my reports goes down the drain. Does anyone have tips to use the Party table w/o losing too much performance? On Apr 26, 4:17=A0am, Daniel <Dan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using RS to query the CRM database, I occasionally need the > FilteredActivityParty table to find records in which certain users ...

Tax Detail Report
We recently upgraded from Version 8.0 to Version 10.0 and are having some trouble with security. We have a user that needs to be able to print tax reports (Reports >> Company >> Taxes) and she gets an error saying "Not privileged to run this report". I went in and set up a task and a role to try to fix the problem, but haven't had any success. These are the boxes I have checked: Type Series Technical Name Files Company TX_Detail_MSTR Files Company TX_Detail_Period_SUM Files Company TX_Schedule_MSTR_HDR Files Company TX_Schedule_MSTR Files Company TX_Detail_MST...

Report Services
Hi! I reinstall my Report Server Services and the reports of CRM not appear. I execute, in command prompt, the PublishReport.exe. How I configure to show the reports in CRM from this new installation? i changed the url for reporting services but does not work. thanks I'm no expert, and maybe you have tried this already, but is reporting services running? Use the RS Configuration tool (Start>All Programs>SQL>Config tools>RS Config). I used to forget to check this all the time so I spent hours looking for solutions and it was as simple as starting RS. I hope this helps, ...

Configure a report
My spreadsheet is quite huge. I am requested to generate reports using only some of the columns contained within the total data base. How can I configure my program to select and print only the columns of data I require? THank you. Check out View>Custom Views to save various views of your worksheet including hidden columns/rows and Print Setups. Also load the Report Manager add-in and you can use it to configure your custom views. Note: I believe there is some problem with using the Report Manager with Excel 2003. A post from Ron de Bruin...... "There is no Excel 2003 version. Y...

Moving Reports Server
We currently have CRM, SQL and SRS on the same server. We would like to move SRS to a dedicated server. Would I need to setup the trust prior to running the Publishreports.exe? Thanks. Rob ...

locking bar chart colors in pivot tables
I use pivot charts frequently, and change the data displayed frequently. I would like to "lock" my stacked bar chart colors so that my largest data segment in the legend always displays blue in my stacked bars, my second largest data segment always displays red, etc. As Debra Dalgleish points out, loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 To apply colo...