Pivot chart values

On my stacked column pivot chart I want to show on the
data labels the percentage that make up the column and on my y axis the
actual number can I show this?

0
saz2369 (3)

stacked bar chart and a bit more...Excel 2003
Hi folks i need one graph to show 2 things: the x axis will show months (april to march). the y axis will show a % error rate (ie. from 0 - 10%). so, for example, if i wanted to show 8% error rate for march I'd have a column approx.80% of the height of the graph. Howewver (and this is where i need the help), I want a stacked bar chart so the column displays the numeric values of those errors (e.g. suppose the march errors were: 3x type a, 4x type b and 1x type c error). In a nutshell the chart is supposed to show both the failure rate and breakdown of errors over time.... I don&...

How do you split the Y-axis on an Excel chart?
I've seen this done where the Y-axis is "split" to accommodate a big leap to a high number (outlier). Take a look at Jon Peltier's Broken Y axis documentation and see if it helps. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html "RickiRebel" <RickiRebel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E33B899-820C-4042-B186-031A18452AE4@microsoft.com... > I've seen this done where the Y-axis is "split" to accommodate a big leap to > a high number (outlier). ...

Use Value In An Adjacent Cell
I would like to find the maximum number in a column of numbers and then use the value in the cell one cell above and one cell to the right of the maximum number. Can someone assist me with the formula? The Data: B C D 10/25/2004 57,636 19.039 11/03/2004 58,015 19.627 11/12/2004 58,431 17.774 This formula will return 58,431 (the maximum number in the range) =MAX($C$6:$C$55) Once I find that number I need the value one cell above and one cell to the right (19.627 in this case). ...

Pivot Table
Greetings I have a pivot table with dates as the headings, but the dates are grouped into month and year. My data is financial year july 03-june 04 and I would like to select "Show items with no data" from the month field, but this displays january to June 03 which I don't want to see because it is not in the 03/04 year. How can I display all months in the 03/04 financial year only (and not display jan-jun 03 or jul-dec 04) thanks in advance. Dan ...

Bubble Chart best fit Scatter plot
I need to create a scatter plot that will have an oval shape bubble that only circles the top 75th percentile date ponts. I currently have a scatter plot with data points and then I use an excel object (oval) and size it manually over the chart to fit the top 75th percentile data points. Is there a functions or VBA code I can use to create this best fit oval automaticaly or some type of trick I can use in excel? Thank you Hi Tedasu, Have a look at Fernando Cinquegrani's site http://www.prodomosua.eu/ppage02.html Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com I don't see what I'm looking ...

Control Charts #4
I have not created a control chart before, so please excuse my ignorance. A few questions: 1. If a quality control chart is a part of a report (in MS Word), should it be imported or copied into a MS word document (there is text also in this report) or can you type the text in excel so that you don't have to import or copy the control chart in MS Word 2. How is it best to start a control chart? 3. How do you add text inside the chart? How do you change the line appearance 4. Are line formats best to use for a control chart? Again, excuse my ignorance, I appreciate any info...

Chart title = Worksheet Name?
I have a workbook where every sheet represents a different day. The title of the sheet is the date e.g. 9-14-06. On each sheet is a chart whose title is same date as on the tab, but formatted slightly differently: Thursday <cr> September 14, 2006. Is there a way to easily link the two so when I update the tab date, the chart date changes also? Thanks, Bill Halper I do hope someone can find a shorter way but here is mine. Firstly, the name on the tab will not be recognized as text by Excel, so wee need to get the sheet name into a cell and then extract year, month day A1 (sheet na...

Can I use a 'lookup' to a Pivot Table?
I am attempting to compare one column of data (a list Employee numbers) to another (on a different sheet in the same workbook, also of Ee #s but not as complete) and put the number in the corresponding cell back to the original spreadsheet. Since the lists aren't exact, I can't simply do an (='other sheet'!A1)and drag it down. The lists are both formated as numbers and in numerical order but not the same length. The oddity is that the sheet I'm referencing to is a Pivot Table. I'm getting a #N/A message. Thanks in advance You could use the GETPIVOTDATA function: ...

blood pressure chart for excel?
Is there an excel app for graphing one's blood pressure over a hours in a day or across months, years? -- Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person over a lifetime: Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars -- Power to...

How to get the value of AD user attributes in vbscript?
i want to get the field value of the AD user address attributes in VBscript. just like city, country, etc. how can i get it? thank you very much. Kino, refer to http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ScriptCenter/en-us/4d192f4d-2830-4a3e-9352-64a7e696a36e The ones you are interested in are "streetAddress,postOfficeBox,l,st,postalCode,c" hth Marcin "Kino" <Kino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08BB049-8F6F-462F-B6C8-FB753CEFCA7C@microsoft.com... >i want to get the field value of the AD user address attributes in >VBscript. &...

Find a value and color that cell
Using Min function, I was able to find the next (soonest) date, but not able to color the cell. I used MsgBox to see if any address was assigned to rngFound. Then used rngFound.Cells.Activate to see where the cell was, which resulted way below the list. What did I do wrong? Here is the code: Sub FindNext() Dim myRange As Range Dim answer As String Dim rngFound As Range Set myRange = Worksheets("Sheet5").Range("K2:K80") answer = Application.WorksheetFunction.Min(myRange) Set rngFound = myRange(answer) MsgBox rngFou...

pivot table
After refreshing data, three columns of data are missing. I have to dag the field to the table again. Does anyone know what's wrong? i'm using excel 2003. thanks/jj Please check the column header , if any change in header it is missing from pivot after refreshing. Sanjeev "JJ" wrote: > After refreshing data, three columns of data are missing. I have to dag the > field to the table again. Does anyone know what's wrong? i'm using excel > 2003. > > thanks/jj ...

Using DateAdd function with cell values
Both F7 and H7 contain a date yet this sub does not execute the statements after Then.................Please help. Sub GetAmOrDep() Dim TestDate As Date TestDate = DateAdd("m", Range("F7").Value, Range("H7").Value) If TestDate < Range("I7").Value Then Range("K7").Select Selection.Copy Range("M7").Select ActiveSheet.Paste End If End Sub Read help on DateAdd. It is not two dates, but an interval and a date. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "loren.pot...

Pivot table and defect tracking
Hello, I have a list of defect numbers, entered dates, and closed dates (approximately 6000 rows). All defects have entered dates, many, (but not all) have closed dates. I see how to do a pivot table to produce defects entered by week and I can change the pivot table to show defects closed per week. I don't see how to show all weeks and display defects entered and closed for each week. Any suggestions appreciated, Thanks bmac ...

Excel Charts 02-24-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello -- <br><br>Recently I've been unable to get my charts to display after clicking on Gallery and Charts. The gallery is supposed to drop down and it no longer does. The button will highlight in green - but will not work. What is going on? ...

Search Row Multiple Values
In row 2 from A to Z I have numbers from 1 to 12. Some numbers appear more than once, sometime 4 times. I want to have an equation that will be able to look through the ro and pic out all of the cells which have the number 4 and return thei column number. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way is to use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ianripping >" <<ianripping.157tpr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ianripping.157tpr@excelforum-nospam.com... > In row 2 from A to Z I have nu...

SumProduct
Hi All, I am trying to use the following formula to count the number of entries that are not Closed:- =SUMPRODUCT((Val_RSK_Status<>"Closed")*(Val_RSK_Owner="Jim")) It produces a result, but not the right one - have I got the Syntex for Not Equal to Right? Thanks in advance Andy Your syntax is fine. What is the error? Your formula will count blanks as <>"Closed". If you don't want that, one way is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Val_RSK_Status<>"Closed"), --(Val_RSK_Status<>""), --(Val_RSK_Owner="Jim")) In...

Paste Values in linked Cells Only
Goodmorning Everyone! I have a worksheet within a workbook that contains 1500 rows of data over 14 columns (the 12 months, plus to summary columns) - called the "Year to Date" sheet. The YTD sheet has links to other worksheets within the same workbook. This workbook is used as a roll forward workbook. The YTD sheet does not change, but all other worksheets in the workbook get updated with the current months data. In preparing for a new month, I have written a macro that cleans up a lot of the data from the last month. The problem is that I want the YTD worksheet...

pivot chart changes not saved
I have a report that incorporates a pivot chart. It's been acting squirrelly lately in that modifications I make to the chart (form in pivot chart view) aren't saved. For example, I noticed a Title under the Title that I defined that reads "multi-chart." I've tried to delete this field to no avail--when I open the report, it still has a title "Multi-chart." I don't try to modify the chart with the report open, I've deleted the field using the del key as well as the delete "x," and I hit the save button before closing out. Any ideas why the...

pivot tables?
Each person in my database (of over 1000) has two rows of information. I want to combine two cells for each person so that there's just one entry per person. Someone suggested a pivot table but I don't know how to do that! -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 By combine two cells, I mean mathematically add values of two cells. Patty wrote: >Each person in my database (of over 1000) has two rows of information. I want >to combine two cells for each person so that there's just one entry per >person. Someone suggest...

Calculating Monthly Average from Daily Values
I have a worksheet with dates in column A, values in column B. The dates correspond to the same day of the week (Tuesday) for the entire calendar year. Like this -- 1/1/2008 54 1/8/2008 65 1/15/2008 55 1/22/1008 56 1/29/2008 59 2/5/2008 61 2/12/2008 72 2/19/2008 77 2/26/2008 76 etc. I want to add a Column C which calculates the monthly average for January, then the monthly average for February, etc. Not a rolling average, but simply an average for the month. So January's average would be 57.8, February's would be 71.5. Problem is that I have over 100 year...

Office Chart 10.0 on Windows Forms(.NET)
Hello Developers, I would like to use a line-chart component onto my Windows Forms to show the changes in Values (Y-axis) versus to Time (X-axis). I need a continuously changing data flow 4-6 times per second. Is this possible with Office Chart 10.0 component at Line-type chart on the Windows Forms? I thank your consideration in advance. -- İyi Çalışmalar Alper AKÇAYÖZ (Bil Muh) Wish You Good Work Alper AKCAYOZ (Bil Muh) ...

Have a value be shown as the referneced cell
I am running a formula =Max($a$1:$B$55,1) to find the largest number in a set of data. The answer was found in cell A36. The formula was fine but I was wondering if there is a formula that will display the answer's cell location. The value of A36 is 10. With my formula =Max($a$1:$B$55,1) the answer is 10. But I would need another formula to display A36 (or the cell's location) The find function isn't working One play, in say, C1 =IF(ISNA(MATCH(MAX($A$1:$B$55,1),$A$1:$A$55,0)),IF(ISNA(MATCH(MAX($A$1:$B$55,1),$B$1:$B$55,0)),"","B"&MATCH(MAX($A$1:$B$55,1...

Gantt chart questions
I have an old version (2000 standard) and have created a Gantt chart with it. The chart is small (about 43 lines). After I saved it, reopening the file takes a lot of CPU (about 20 minutes on a P4 2.2 GHz) and large working set (about 900MB). Is this a known issue? Is this problem fixed in a later version or Service Pack? Bill Honaker XID, LTD Remove 'NOSPAM_' to reply via email if you must ...

chart question #6
i have three columns with numbers and one with a percentage. I would like to create a graph with stacked colunns for the numbers and a line for the percentage on a different axis. is this possible. i know i can do it with regular columns but i need it with stacked columns. On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:21:07 -0800, "frank" <mrfrank73@aol.com> wrote: >i have three columns with numbers and one with a >percentage. I would like to create a graph with stacked >colunns for the numbers and a line for the percentage on >a different axis. is this possible. i know i ca...