pivot chart is it possible to hide individual field buttons? Layout Field buttons

Hi,
I have a problem with a pivot Table. After creatin I have several Field
buttons but now I want to hide all of those except for one page field
button because I want others to use the filtering option of this singel
field button but prefer to have normal Titles on all the Axes rather
than field buttons.
I know how to hide all of them but I cant find/write vb code to hide
individual field buttons.
Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Matt

Calender Fields
How can i create a date field where the user defines the date using a calender. Hi Faiz, Go to settings/customizations/ select the entity you want to add the field to. Click on attributes/ click new/after you give it name select the attribute type/ select date/time. Save and close\ publish Regards, Jarrett http://www.dynamics.com ...

Hiding Settings section in left menubar
Hi all, I can't hide the Settings area in left menubar. I want to hide it for all users except system administrator. In security roles doesn't appear the option. I'm doing something wrong? Thanks to all in advance. One idea is that If you use the outlook version of CRM your users will not see the Settings. It automatically diappears. The settings tab only shows up in the Web Version --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Certified Integration Between Microsoft CRM to Microsoft Solomon --------------------------...

Plot area of embedded charts unexplainably shrinks in Excel 2003 S
I am working on a large spreadsheet full of numerical data. It contains several dozen bar and line graphs embedded across several worksheets. I have a decent understanding of Excel and Excel graphs but do not use VBA. The problem I have with Excel is that it sometimes – and unpredictably – (vertically) shrinks the plot areas of the embedded graphs. This can happen between opening the document and printing it. Other times, the plot area would shrink if I click on the plot area with my mouse, and then click off on to a cell in the same worksheet. The chart area remains the same siz...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

HOW TO SORT A PIVOT TABLE
How to automatically make that the pivot tables sorts data by itself. Every time a change one value it mixes up my figures.... Right click in the field to be sorted to get a menu Click Field Click Advanced Choose the sort option. Regards BrianB ============================================= "Alex" <alexdfsvsdffgdfgsdg@skynet.be> wrote in message news:<e6Ur9J3hDHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > How to automatically make that the pivot tables sorts data by itself. Every > time a change one value it mixes up my figures.... THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH "Br...

Adding Named Formulas to a Chart
Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to series' field. Do i just add teh name of the formula in quotes, singl quotes, or what? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maurice, like this: =workbook.xls!rangename -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "maurices5000 >" <<maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com... > Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to a > ...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

option to show or hide social security number throughout system
Now that identify theft is a big issue, a great feature in HR and/or UPR would be an option to hide or show SS# on windows and reports. I'm having to cusomize HR and Payroll reports just to remove the SS#. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Move gridlines in a chart so that they are above the numbers
I have done a chart in excel and the gridlines are set so that the y axis numbers are inbetween the gridlines. When I choose minor gridlines I get double the gridlines. I just want a gridline above each number in my y axis Double click the axis that intersects the gridlines, and on the Scale tab, uncheck Axis Crosses Between Categories. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tara Medway" <Tara Medway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47400C54-74B4-4E67-93AD-AE8B3F09BE47@microsoft.com...

Updating all Fields in Word Document
I need to update all fields in the Word document. I have some of the fields in drawing canvas too. I have tried this, which works fine, but except drawing canvas. http://word.tips.net/Pages/T003879_Updating_a_Field_in_a_Text_Box.html Thank you -- Regards Jan Kratochvil Windows Vista Business SP2, Office 2007 SP 2 Sub UpdateAllFields() Dim oStory As Range For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges oStory.Fields.Update If oStory.StoryType <> wdMainTextStory Then While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing) Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange ...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

Suppress Chart Legend Series
Is there a way to suppress a series in the chart legend if the series at a particular time equals zero? Thanks - Not that I can think of. Bernard "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22f201c427aa$af9c0da0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to suppress a series in the chart legend if > the series at a particular time equals zero? > > Thanks - > Alex - You can hide a legend entry. Select the legend, then select the text of the legend entry, then press Delete. This cannot be done conditionally based on the values in the ser...

why is the chart displayed only when the chart area is clicked on?
We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to create the same chart using a new workbook and we don't have this problem. Hi, Use the menu Tools > Options. On the View tab in the Objects section make sure Show All is selected rather than place holders. Cheers Andy Vivien wrote: > We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and > the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to > create the same chart using a...

Charting blocks of time as a bar graph
Is there a way to convert/display a given chunk of time (for example a person's shift) into a bar graph/chart? For example: If someone works 6am-2pm, I would like to have that shift show up as a bar in a graph covering those hours. I would ultimately like to enter a person's shift and have it display somewhere else on the page or another sheet in a graph form to see graphically if we are short in coverage somewhere. An example of what I mean can be found here: https://public.me.com/gadgetman Any suggestions/help???? hi, you can download a model (Gantt Chart) here: http://o...

Editing field properties
Hi everyone, I need to change the properties of a lot of StyleRef fields, but am not sure how to go about it. Where a StyleRef refers to "Heading 1" I need it to refer to "Heading 2". The fields are mainly in headers and footers, but could be anywhere in a document. -- Stephenc The first step is to press Alt+F9 to display all the field codes in the document. The StyleRef field codes will probably look like { STYLEREF "Heading 1" \* MERGEFORMAT } although the keywords may be lower case or mixed case if some of the fields were created manu...

Multiple fields in stLinkCriteria
On form_1, I have a subform. I want to access form_2 using data from form1 and its subform. On the subform 'double_click() I coded: Dim stLinkCriteria As String stLinkCriteria = "([field_a] = """ & Me![field_a] & _ """) AND ([field_b] = """ & [form1].[field_b] & """)" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria The result is an error diolog: Microsoft Office Access can't find the field '|' referred to in your expression. field_a and field_b are the 'keys' f...

Pivot Table Problem #14
Hi All! I am using Excel 2003. I created a report by connecting to a OLAP cube having many Calculated members. When I am trying to group the members of a dimension which is connected to a cube,I am unable to see any of my calculated measure. Can anyone help in this regard..... Thanks in Advance Siv ...

Typing text is impossibly slow in text boxes when in publishing layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to type or edit text in a text box in a template document (a newsletter template) the typing, editing, deleting, backspacing or what ever, is absolutely impossibly slow. Am I doing something wrong or do I have something set up wrong. If it remains this way I will not be able to work in this program. Apart from using Publishing Layout View, I suspect you are not doing anything wrong. Publishing Layout View requires very powerful hardware, and even then it tends to crash a lot. If I were you...

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

Reading an XML 'Field'

Custom name in "from field" in Inbox
Hi, I would like to show custom name on from field in my inbox. By that I mean, I would like to change the way of display name when receive emails. Sometimes, I receive without display name and only shows email address I would like to show my defined name for that. Is there any way to do? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com JoeBlack <JoeBlack.15roa7@outlookforum-nospam_.com> wrote: > Sometimes, I receive without display name and only show...

Bitmap button question #2
I'm trying to create a bitmap button. Here's what I've done: 1. Added a CStatic control to my dialog. 2. Set it's ID to IDC_BMPBUTTON 3. In the classwizzard, member varialbes tab, created a member variable m_Button, of type CBitmapButton (I had to manually change this from CStatic). 4. In the OnInitDialog(), I've added: m_BitmapButton.LoadBitmaps(IDB_BITMAP1, IDB_BITMAP2, IDB_BITMAP3, IDB_BITMAP4); m_BitmapButton.SizeToContent(); m_BitmapButton.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); When I run my dialog, the bitmap appears grey. And which ...

need to be able to set security on the buttons on the custom keybo
need to be able to set security on the buttons on the custom keyboard especially the minus key . any user can refund an item. when the minus key is pressed it refunds an item this is a security issuse as the user can then press the plus symbol and the item can be refunded multiple times. these action buttons need to be locked down and potentially a report should be availble to the administrators so they can see staright away which items have which security levels assigned against them .To hard to try and track each shop as they all require different keyboards and differtent security s...

Pivot: grand totals
Hi all, i need your help for the below table: ITEMS YEAR YRLY_TOT GRAND_TOT 2008 $10 1. ITEM1 2009 $20 $60 2010 $30 2008 $10 2. ITEM2 2009 $30 $80 2010 $40 2008 $20 3. ITEM3 2009 $30 $90 2010 $40 Each item has yearly totals (column YRLY_TOT). I want column GRAND_TOT to show total of all three years for each item ( i guess the three cells shou...

Programmatically change an existing Pivot Table
Hello to everyone, wondering if someone has figure out how to change existing Pivot Tables. Once a pivot table is been created the SourceData is read only. Creating a new pivot table using VBA is too complex and time-expensive. Any suggestions? >Once a pivot table is been created the SourceData is read only. Naah. I've managed to update SourceData and refresh my pivot tables programatically (a whole set of 20+ pivot tables, actually). If I remember correctly, the hoop I had to jump through was making sure the string I fed SourceData was in the *exact* correct format. It's ...