Pivot Chart Created from Pivot Table is Blank

HELP!!!  I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step.  In
one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart
from a pivot table.  In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps
(even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart
from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart.  WHY DOES IT
DO THIS???  I know I have followed the steps correctly.  Any ideas on why
Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated.

Hi,

Blank charts usually result from having your cursor in a blank area when you
start.

1.  Put the cursor in the pivot table
2.  Choose Insert, and pick a chart type.

Done.

 Second way:
1. Put the cursor in the pivot table
2. Choose PivotTable Tools tab, Options tab, PivotChart, pick a chart type
and click OK.

Done

Third way:
1. Put the cursor in the pivot table
2. Press Alt+F1

Fourth way:
1. Put the cursor in the pivot table
2. Press F11

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"RaidersFan" wrote:

> HELP!!!  I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step.  In
> one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart
> from a pivot table.  In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps
> (even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart
> from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart.  WHY DOES IT
> DO THIS???  I know I have followed the steps correctly.  Any ideas on why
> Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated.

Data Series Labels in Area Chart
Hello- I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area chart, and three in line format. Got the chart created, but the data series labels for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks awkward. Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot? I don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart. Hi, The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment. Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has the options to align data labels. You can format the line seri...

Copy Pivot Chart
Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? You can copy/paste special/value as you would any other cell values. However, you need to navigate from "edit" on the tool bar. These options are not available for a pivot table via the right click. "TK" wrote: > Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? ...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

Creating an "Empty" Cell
I have an IF statement that puts "" in cell based on a certain condition. But when I go to chart that cell (along with adjacent cells), that cell gets charted as a ZERO. I would like it to get charted as an "Empty" cell which would leave a gap in the line graph. I want the gap in the line graph indicating that there was no data for that period. I do NOT want to chart a ZERO. The question is . . . is there anyway in an IF statement to say based on a certain condition, make the cell BLANK or EMPTY (especially if the cell previously had data)? Thanks. Ch...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

inserting blank rows in worksheet
I have several worksheets that have over 500 lines of data. I need to separate in line with a blank line. How do I do this using vb without doing it manually? chris smith pretended : > I have several worksheets that have over 500 lines of data. I need to > separate in line with a blank line. How do I do this using vb without doing > it manually? Answered in your previous post (8/18) -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc also add www.aioe.org to you signature. | Garry | ...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Org Charts
I have 5 people that report to the same person and currently they all show on the same row, the owner of the company wants the 3 VPs to show directly underneath him but the remaining two to have their line drop down lower than the 3 VP's. IS there a way to do this? Everytime I try it just makes the box bigger for all of them. Hi, Are you doing this in Excel? Which version? Which tool the Diagram tool or the AutoShapes tools? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "rgoldberg" wrote: > I have 5 people that report to the same person and currently they all show on > the sam...

formatting or moving a radar chart's axis labels
I am attempting to change the orientation of a radar chart's axis labels. Its orientation seems locked in place immediately to the left of the 360=B0 gridline. I would like the ability to display the axis labels directly over the range rings and along other gridlines, such as 180=B0 or 270=B0. With other charts, the formatting option allows one to select "high", "low", or "next to axis" to change the position of the axis. This maneuver seems to have no affect whatsoever on a radar chart. As a final resort, I suppose I could turn the axis labels off...

On Create Workflow not working
I am trying to add a new workflow rule to our system. All I want to do is send an email when a new order is created, that's it. I have many other, much more complex workflows running just fine. However, it seems I can no longer add an On Create workflow rule. If I change this rule to On Assign, it runs fine. For some reason, any new On create rules are not running, the old On create rules still work. Does anyone know what this could be? Any help is appreciated. This is only affecting the Creation of workflow rules for Orders. Is there a maximum # of rules allowed for each...

comparing componants of tables #2
I cannot easily compare data elements of comparative data. Here's what I mean, john smith bill jones mary Dee observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 weight 160 155 128 119 120 129 belt size 40 38 29 28 25 26 shoe size 12 11 8 9 8 9 But, I ha...

Naming a chart object
When charts are created they are named "chart 1", "chart 2", and so on I need to name a chart in order to update it from vba, but when select the chart I cannot click in the name box? Help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi martinu, To rename a chart, hold the shift key down and select the chart. This selects the chart object instead of the chart area. You can then rename as usual. -- Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net Thanks Ed, so simple when you know how. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

merged cells and creating charts
I have tried to create a chart with data that is in merged cells where I have put in a formula to calculate the average of 4 cells in the row above. When I create the chart, it recognizes all 4 of the merged cells. So the graph has 4 spaces for the data for each number I am trying to plot. I just got 2007 version and do not recall this problem at all in 2003 version Merged cells are to be avoided at all costs. They can be used for column heading but for little else. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Troubled...

Chart disappears in Excel 2000 after scale is changed
When the scale of the chart is changed, the chart disappears. The chart and its data are on the same worksheet. ...

Prevent cells with no value from being plotted on chart
I have a chart based on cells that are the result of a calculation. The cells show empty if the data used for the calculation is not yet available (future data). As a result, as my chart shows the whole year, the line drops and remains to zero after the last available set of data. Excel will let me prevent an empty cell of being plotted but since there is a fornmula is the cell, it is not considered empty, and therefore displayed. How can I prevent these cells to be plotted on the chart? Thanks Vince You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(B2="",NA(),B...

Adding Lines Onto Charts #2
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph laid out. It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis. Does anyone have any other idea's please? Thanks in advance Darrell... -- q582gmzh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26950 Hi, You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers. Using you example workbook put t...

Logarithmic charts
How should the data be entered in a logarithmic chart. I want the log data entries to be on the left and the other data to be displyed on the bottom. My chart will give a logarithmic resistance vs RH. I have tried to list the data by columns left to right first the resistance then thRH for 4 different series. It just doesn,t look right and I cannot change anything easily. Are there any sources for making charts in excel ,especialy Logarithmic ones? Thanks for any help? Hi Ed, In A1:A10 enter your resistance values (the x-values) In B2:B10 enter the RH (meaning?) values (the y-values) Sel...

2axis chart
Hi, I have a tricky chart I want to make. So far it looks okay, but I have a problem that I hope is fixable. I have 5 data series that I want to represent in a graph with 2 axis. I want to use the stacked column type of graph putting 2 series each in one column. ie series = Actuals1, Actuals2, Budget1, Budget2, Last years totals. I want 1 stack showing Actuals1 & Actuals2 together, another showing Budget1 & Budget2 together and a line showing last years totals(I'd prefer another seperate bar for this on it's own, but can figure out how to do this). So far I have got...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

pivot table issue -- putting data of the same code on diff lines
i have an issue with excel that is very hurtfu i'll put together a table with say the first column having a range of dates or perhaps keyword second column would have product codes (often repeating product codes referring to a different column one date or keyword third column would have numbers as in number of cases sol then i'll make a pivot tabl and items that have different column a values but like column b values appear on different row THIS DRIVES ME INSANE PLEASE HELP ME ...

repeat data as seperate tables
Hi, Does anyone have a solution for a problem i'm strugling with? I would like to repeat some data from a collection of objects. Using a DataList while generate 1 table as a result. However, I would the output to be a seperate table for each repeated item. Can this be done? Thanx John On Nov 26, 1:27=A0pm, "John Devlon" <johndev...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone have a solution for a problem i'm strugling with? > > I would like to repeat some data from a collection of objects. > Using a DataList while genera...

How to create chart basic
How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be location and Y axis are lot name Lot value location A 3 1 A 4 2 A 5 3 B 6 1 B 4 2 B 2 3 C 5 1 C 6 2 C 8 3 D 4 1 D 9 2 D 5 3 Daniel, Highlight the whole chart of data. Select the Chart Wizard on the top of Excel screen. Select the scatter plot. Data should be "rows" not "columns". Select the "Series" tab. "Name:" ="A" "X Values:" =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4 "Y Values:" =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4 This assumes that your data is in column A thru C, Lot in A1, value in ...

make chart based on equation
How can I make an excel chart based on an equation? On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I make an excel chart based on an equation? Your equation will be in the form y=f(x). Create two columns, one of which is filled with values of x, and the other filled with copies of the equation f as an Excel formula, referring to the x values. Now make an XY Chart using these two columns. -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- ...