Pivot Chart Created from Pivot Table is Blank

HELP!!!  I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step.  In
one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart
from a pivot table.  In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps
(even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart
from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart.  WHY DOES IT
DO THIS???  I know I have followed the steps correctly.  Any ideas on why
Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated.

Hi,

Blank charts usually result from having your cursor in a blank area when you
start.

1.  Put the cursor in the pivot table
2.  Choose Insert, and pick a chart type.

Done.

 Second way:
1. Put the cursor in the pivot table
2. Choose PivotTable Tools tab, Options tab, PivotChart, pick a chart type
and click OK.

Done

Third way:
1. Put the cursor in the pivot table
2. Press Alt+F1

Fourth way:
1. Put the cursor in the pivot table
2. Press F11

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"RaidersFan" wrote:

> HELP!!!  I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step.  In
> one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart
> from a pivot table.  In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps
> (even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart
> from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart.  WHY DOES IT
> DO THIS???  I know I have followed the steps correctly.  Any ideas on why
> Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated.

Edit or Create a Partylist Lookup field
I have an issue - we have Cytrack running between our AVAYA phones and CRM 4.0 and I have enable the option that when a call comes through it opens a Phone Call activity and it automatically connects to the contact for the person calling in. Great except while we have all cleitns in as contacts - we also have clients either in as a Lead or an Opportunity when we are doign current business and I want to change the phone call activity recipient. I can do this but it comes up a "Look Up Records" screen and you havea drop down list to pick what entity you wish to locate the cl...

How to create a task view where completed tasks are omitted
Hello out there! I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other tasks that have yet to be completed. I've searched help and rung the customer support line but to no avail. Anyone know how? Would be much appreciated. Paul Create a custom view of your Tasks folder with a filter that says "Completed equals no" (you will find this on the Advanced tab when you click the Filter button). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

tables in word

Create Template
Hi i am new with Outlook How can i crate a Template so that when i send mail it should go my Co. logo and address evey time to other. pls help. Shital In news:13072DF7-B1A1-4ED3-8E94-4128335F3992@microsoft.com, shital shah <shitalshah@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi i am new with Outlook > How can i crate a Template so that when i send mail it should go my > Co. logo and address evey time to other. > > pls help. > > Shital I don't understand. Are you saying you want an e-mail signature automatically put at the bottom of your messages? Please provi...

chart formatted for Weeks, not Days
I am trying to graph some data in Excel 2002 SP3. Column A contains dates (1 date every 7 days) and Columns B through Z the actual data. On my graph I wish to change to eliminate the extra spaces between data points because every day is displayed, not just the weekly dates entered. The only options in the Format Axis I can find are Days, Months, Years. Where is the Weekly option ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ! ...

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

eliminating blank cells
I have two sheets in a workbook. Say sheet January and Summary. Sheet January looks like this DATE SN Amount TAX OVD CBS 12.01.2007 483 3464 1559 701 1184 13.01.2007 484 3907 1758 791 -627 14.01.2007 485 241 108 49 -75 17.01.2007 9/A12 1623 730 329 104 19.01.2007 11/A2 329 839 292 88 Now I want to gather these information in sheet "Summary" eliminating the blank rows, so Summary looks like this: DATE SN Amount TAX OVD CBS 12.01.2007 483 3464 1559 701 1184 13.01.2007 484 3907 1758 791 -627 14.01.2007 485 241 108 49 -75 17.01.2007 9/A12 1623 730 329 10...

Pivot table #63
I have a pivot table that is connected to an OLAP data source. It is on a network drive so users can access it. It works fine for me and other users, but one user gets a "database <DBName> does not exist" error when he tries to change a filter on the page dimension. I am very new to Pivot tables, so I'm not sure how it works. Does this user need some kind of software loaded in order to access OLAP data sources? ...

A question regarding coordinates of points within a chart
Can anyone explain how x-y coordinates for points within a chart can be accessed via a mousemove event? I realize this will require quite a bit of coding, but I would like a little comment box to appear for any given point on an X-Y scatter I have. The data set consists of around 27000 points, and I would like the mousemove event to trigger a lookup into a table that contains a fairly lengthy descripion of each point. Wazooli Wazooli, Take a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events . . . http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 then, take a look at this post ...

Bubble Charts
Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)? The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when presenting two series on the same chart. For example, one series could be the default circle, another a triangle. I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced charting capabilities. I am using Excel 2003. Regards, Joel Hi, Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker. Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of colour and border. Copy...

Changing OLAP Pivot Table Connection Source
I have numerous spreadsheets that have pivot tables pointing to an OLAP Cube via a connection string. Is there an easy way (either automated or manual) to change the connection string to point to a new version of the OLAP Cube? I can edit the connection properties and navigate to the new .odc connection file, but get an error saying "The OLAP provider returned an unexpected number of dimensions." ...

Link to other slides from table using c#
Hi, I'm looking to create links from a certain slide to another, and I need those links to be from within a table. I need it to be something like this: var pptApp = new PowerPoint.Application(); var presentation = pptApp.Presentations.Add(Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse); var slides = presentation.Slides; slides.InsertFromFile(@"C:\Users\Tng1\Documents\PresentationTemplate.potx" , 0, 1); var titleSlide = slides[1]; titleSlide.Name="TitleSlide" ; var tableSlide = slides[2]; tableSlide.Name = "TableSlide" ; va...

Trendline erases chart name
When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.) I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the fi...

Run query or report from multiple tables
I have three tables: Equipment Instruments System Numbers Each record in the tables 'equipment' and 'instruments' has three lookup fields that link to fields to the 'system numbers' table.' How can I create a query or report that lists all records contained within the equipment and instruments tables that are linked to the system numbers table? On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:20:01 -0800, Sim <Sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three tables: > >Equipment >Instruments >System Numbers > >Each record in the tables 'equipment'...

Advice or tutorial on creating variables from clkipboard contents
Where can I find advice or a tutorial for creating a variable from selected cell contents, i.e. from the clipboard content. I have a relative macro that captures a string from one worksheet and searches for the string in a second worksheet. On finding the string in the second sheet, it returns to the first sheet and picks up the sting in an adjacent cell and returns to the second sheet and pastes the second string into a cell adjacent to the 'found' cell. The macro then returns to the first sheet and moves down one row, preparatory to repeating the capture/switch/search/ etc routi...

How do I create a secondary free/busy replica??
Hi, I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating a secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just want a quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can anyone give me instructions please? Thanks, TKE402 First, you have to have more than one Exchange server with a public folder store on it. Next, locate your Public Folder hierachy in Exchange System Manager, right click on public folders and choose View System Folders. Then, locate the Schedule + Free and Busy folder, right click on it to display it's propert...

Set table name dynamically for CR 11 in VB.Net 2003
I posted this question earlier today. It showed up but has disappeared now. I have the following code in VB.Net 2003 for CR XI; I would like to set the table name for the report in VB.Net code. All tables would have the exact same structure. With crConnectionInfo .ServerName = MyServer .DatabaseName = MyDatabase .UserID = MyID .Password = MyPWD End With Dim MyTable As String if s=1 then MyTable = TableA else MyTable = TableB end if CrTables = sReportName.Database.Tables For Each CrTable I...

Block emails from Blank email address
Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 to block emails from a blank sender? Lately we noticed in the outgoing Queue has lots of emails with originator = <>. We have Relay turned off at the exchange level and also on the Anti- spam server. Any Help appreciated See section 3.39 here: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Need Help" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f64901c43de2$55b9f510$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way in Exch...

Creating a Dropsource correctly.
Hello, I've got a custom control within a dialog that I'm using for previewing bitmaps. I also need for it to act as a drop target and drop source. I've got the drop target part working, but am still having some issues with the drop source part. Here's what a I've got so far... (Note: This happens on a Ctrl+WM_LBUTTONDOWN) COleDataSource* pDataSource = NULL; pDataSource = new COleDataSource; pDataSource->CacheGlobalData ( CF_BITMAP, copiedImage ); pDataSource->DoDragDrop ( DROPEFFECT_COPY ) ); The issue I'm having is th...

Saving changes to a previously created template
Hi I am having a frustrating time updating my paperwork to bring it all up to date, please read below. firstly create your would be template save as - name.dot or .dotx then close the template and close word down. open word open the template you just created make changes to template at this point this is where I have a problem! try and save the template with the changes with the same name I get a message saying Word cannot give a document the same name as an open document, Type a different name for the document you want to save. this worked perfectly fine in office 2003...

How to create a hyperlink to a graph sheet
My xls file contains a "menu" sheet with hyperlinks to shees in the workbook. Some sheets are graphs sheets. I couldnt set an hyperlink for the graph sheet. Can it be done without a macro? Workaround:Place the chart on an otherwise empty worksheet and link to this. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ruti" <Ruti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D96DF2B-0844-4665-B836-91781EC2C626@microsoft.com... > My xls file contains a "menu" sheet with hyperlinks to shees in the > workbook. &g...

Insert blank rows repeatedly between every data row in Excel
Could you guide me please.... I need to insert 5 blank rows repeatedly between every existing data rows for approximately 300 rows. If I go about doing the repeat short-cut "Control+Y", it just repeats inserting ONE row only between the consecutive data row. Is there some command, which helps me highlight all the rows & allows me to insert 5 blank rows between every consecutive existing data row? Thanks in advance for your kind advice. Hi Being very new to excel coding, this code might be lengthy, but it works. Public Sub insert_row() Const TestColumn As Long = 1 '...

Chart
Is it possible to change the width of the text box for 'Category Name' within the data label on a chart? I have Category Names which are very long and need to be 'word wrapped', but I cannot change the width of the text box or find a 'word wrap' option for this. Formatting is important as I also need to display the Value, so hard-coding the label is not an option Hi, Chart data labels are not sizable, even if the handles around them would suggest otherwise. You maybe able to get the breaks in the text you want at fixed places by using ALT+ENTER within the cel...

Excel Web Service - Multiple Pivot Charts
Hi, I have an Excel2007 dashboard, which contains more than 5 pivot charts. Its a testing dashboard, which has got several defect metrics based on same data source. I am publishing these pivot charts to Sharepoint using excel web service. Currently I need to fiter all pivots one by one to see the charts for different parameter. something like (if I need to select the defects for different releases, i select them one by one in all pivots). I know, i can create a simple macro to trigger updates to all pivots. But the problem I am facing is - After I publish the pivot charts to Sharepoint. Mac...