Pivot chart and Total row

Hi All

I have a Pivot table and attached Pivot chart (all good so far). However,
there are three columns (drop column details here) which are the two columns
of data and a grand total column (showing the average of my two data columns)

When I turn it into a pivot chart it does not display the grand total column
as well (is there a way to do this). I have tried to go into the chart
options but these are locked.

I can copy and paste the results but this is a bit clumsy.

Any suggestions - any help greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Rexmann

PS using excel 2003

0
rexmann (52)

how do i stop both pivot toolbars popping up everytime a pivot is.
how do i stop both pivot toolbars popping up everytime a pivot is refreshed or range is changed? ...

chart #8
Hello, I'm trying to create a chart that will mimic the candlestick chart but it does not use a timeline. Instead of displaying the timeline along the X-axis, it will show the thickness of the sheet. Sample data available as follow : 1st data set: Thickness: 0.010 Min: 10 Max: 15 2nd data set: Thickness: 0.013 Min: 10 Max: 25 3rd data set: Thickness: 0.025 Min: 15 Max: 35 The chart will display the "Thickness" along the X-axis and the "Soak Range" (Min and Max) along the Y-axis. Microsoft Excel require several variable to create a stock chart, namely: Open, Hi...

Publishing an interactive chart
Hi, Is it possible to publish an interactive chart as a webpage and kee the interactivity. The cell values don't need to be edited, but I need to view th different graphis diplayed in the drop down box. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks J Calver -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel XP edition, there is no problem. You just save for the web, check a few boxes and it's done. If your viewer doesn't have XP, there is an automacic invitation to download the necessary files, as with Acrobat or Flash. johnval >-----Original Message---...

Pivot Table inquiry
How can I remove the field length restriction in a pivot table? It looks like it cuts it off at about 150 characters. ...

Excel 2003: In a Macro,how to select a variable row length table
I wish to create a macro that will perform functions upon multiple rows of data. The number of rows of data will change every time. Problem : I create a macro by recording. I select rows of data using CTRL/down arrow on the last column and then selecting back to the first column of the first data row. This appears to 'hard code' the number of rows of data to be the number of rows that exists at the time of macro creation. When I run the macro another time it then selects the same number of rows as when the macro was created, which will then not match the new current data. i...

Time-stamping a chart
I am querying a database and charting the info which I want to publish on a web page. I'd like to time and date of the latest query result to appear on the chart so that users know how current the information is. Maybe even embed the last update info in the chart title? That would work... Something like... "Average Time - Last updated 01/08/2004 9:16 AM EST" Any ideas? How is the query executed? Is it through custom VBA code? Or through native XL capabilities? If the former, use the code to put the desired title in a cell. Link the cell to the chart title. For ...

2 Questions about Excel Charts
1) I have a list of 50 points (X, Y) that I want to plot. In a third column, I have the state corresponding to each point. How do I display these states on the chart (without manually entering each)? 2) I want to create a Chart where the user can input a real number (without switching to another sheet) that changes the chart (e.g., entering ALPHA for a chart plotting "SIN(ALPHA*X)"). Listboxes, spinners only work for discrete numbers, and I do not want to put the chart on an existing worksheet. How do I create a link from a sheet to an editable value on a Chart? Thank you...

Setting chart scale min/max in VBA
Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? Hi, See Jon's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy pjasak@alum.mit.edu wrote: > Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same > workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it > manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? > Here's an example of setting min and max dates for a trend chart...

Excel 2003: Creating a dashboard and smaller charts get squished
Hi- I'm creating a dashboard with some large and small line charts using the "Camera" functionality. The display looks great, but when I click Print Preview or Print, the chart area on the smaller charts gets squished and unreadable. I have to exit without saving in order for the charts areas to be viewable. Any suggestions? Hi, As with any graphic, if you make it too small the print preview screen may not be able to display it properly, and for you printer the print drivers and maximum resolution will effect the printout. I made a small Camera tool chart and in print...

Graphing a line on a stock chart??
I've created stock chart (the one with bars) using the high, low, an close of the stock price. I'd like to add another data series and grap it in a line format rather than the type being used by the stock chart I can't figure out how to do it using the wizard. Is it possible? I not through the wizard, can it be done through VBA? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a series to a stock chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#OHLCplus PropKid < wrote: > I've created stock chart (the ...

Autofilter header row
My experience has been that the first row is where the controls (down arrow) appear when autofilter is invoked. But I've now been sent a spreadsheet (just unformatted data in a large table) where the autofilter chooses the second row. I've compared the new spreadsheet with previous versions and don't see any difference in layout, etc. What can be causing this problem? Is there something "invisible" that tells Excel which is the header row for the data to be filtered? If I select row 1 and then click autofilter, the controls do appear on row 1 but otherwi...

exporting excel charts as eps files
I am wanting to know whether it is possible to export (or save) a microsoft excel chart or graph as a vector file (e.g. eps or emf file). Basically i am wanting to export an excel chart or graph as a vector-based file so that i can input it into a desktop publishing programme like Adobe Indesign. Simply doing a copy and paste from excel to InDesign only copies a screen-resolution image, which is, of course, useless. Most other graphing programmes have the option of exporting graphs as vector files, so i am hoping that excel is the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheer...

Pie Chart
Good day, I have data organised as follows. Col A Col B (Header) ( % ) red 39% blue 0% white 24 % Green 10% Brown 0% My problem is that when i create a pie chart, it picks up the 0 valuses as well, and so the chart looks clustured, as i need to have the lables. Please advise how to tell the chart to omit 0 values. One option which i cannot use due to layout of the report is Hiding rows and then plotting only visible cells. Thanks Best regards Good Day, Jon, Thanks for the answer, but what i need is for the chart not to plot 0 values. SO that there are not too many slices of the pie....

Auto-refresh Pivot Table upon opening
Over the past couple of days, I have been asking questions about a macro that auto-refreshes a pivot table upon opening it (meanwhile I have a macro that works). Yesterday I noticed that the Pivot Table options (Excel 2002) provides an option "refresh on open." Does selecting this option do exactly what I was looking for? Yes, the "Refresh on open" setting will do what you want, unless the worksheet is protected. If it is protected, you can run a macro when the workbook opens, to unprotect, refresh, and protect. K. Georgiadis wrote: > Over the past couple of da...

PIVOT TABLE FORMATTING #2
If I have a pivot table with the following info: County, date, and lot #'s sold by county; how can i sort this horizontally so that the counties go across the top and under each county it sums up the number of lots? Hi, Put the Country field into the Column area. Do you really want to sum lot numbers or do you want to count lot number? To count or sum them they would be put in the Data area. Hope this helps because we don't have much to go on. If it does please click the Yes button. If not give us more details. What else is on your pivot table, are you counting, summing ...

Frank!
Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an example of how to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel doc. Any help would be much appreciated. Al You could have waited more than 2 minutes to re-post. Frank is still sleeping which is unusual but this will insert 3 rows at the active cell Sub insert3rows() ActiveCell.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Al-Blakie" <AlBlakie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F3B97CA-5650-408B-86F5-28A93E287259@microsoft.com... > Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an ...

Switching rows and columns
I am quite sure, in a long forgotten history, Lotus 1-2-3 had an option allowing one to switch column contents to rows and vice versa. I must be looking for the wrong keywords in help and google, can someone tell me how to swap rows and columns in excel? Alternatively, same question for OpenOffice Calc, which I also work with... THANKS! Sh. I don't use OO. But in Excel, you can select your range to transpose. then Edit|Copy Then select the top left cell of the new range edit|Paste special|check Transpose and then ok. You'll have to make sure that there is no overlap between the two...

organization charts
I saved Organization charts as html option given by MS Visio, Now when I look at the org charts, some rectangles are colord blue and do nt show the names on the org charts. How can I fix it? Thanks ...

Add Value to the Chart
I have a chart done from the table shown below. However, I want to put the value (date) in addition of the values (X) and (Y) axis. So far, I have been doing it manually. I wonder if there is any way to it automatically. Thanks in advance. Maperalia. Date "X" "Y" 6/21/2005 0 0 7/6/2005 147 0.008 7/18/2005 197 0.012 8/5/2005 255 0.016 8/18/2005 289 0.016 9/8/2005 337 0.006 9/19/2005 360 0.017 How would you like the date to appear? As a data label on each point? then use one of these handy data labeling add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart ...

Total a column from sheet 2 based on value in sheet 1
Col B Col C Col F Mary Team 1 $331.00 George Team 1 $222.00 Sam Team 2 $186.00 Tom Team 2 $100.00 Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a summary of what each team raised. I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get just a dash in my total col. Can anyone provide some help? Thanks Look in HELP for the SUMIF() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Nee...

Row & Colomns
Hi, I need ONE worksheet with 100 rows & 20 colomns only. Is there a way to have this? Note: I don't want to use "hide" option for row and colomns. Is this possible? Khalil Handal you could set row heights beyond 101 to 0 and column widths beyond Col T to 0, but why not hide them?? OJ Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Columns("U:IV").Hidden = True Rows("101:65536").Hidden = True End Sub -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini "Khalil Handal" <seminary@lpj.org> ha scritto nel messaggio news:OnTTVGPOFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP...

Reseting the last row/column
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet of data, lets say 35,000 rows long. So when I do a [Ctrl] + [End], it goes to the cell at row 35,000 (and the last column of the data). Now lets say that I run a macro that deletes 5,000 rows. So now the last row is 30,000. But if I do a [Ctrl] + [End] again, it still goes to row 35,000. Is there any way to reset the spread sheet so it knows that the last row/column of data has changed since row/column deletions? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Here is an article from Msft on the topic: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2444...

wrapping and auto row height
I am wrapping text in a cell, not huge amounts, but a few lines, and when I double click to get the row automatically height adjusted, it doesn't expand to the height of the multiple rows, but only to one row of text. Is there a better way to do this? Jessica Is the "cell" a merged cell? Wrap text works on merged cells. Autoheight does not. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Note also a recent adaptation of this code b...

Hover values in chart
I have a line chart with a secondary vertical axis with values displayed on the right of the chart. When I hover over this secondary data line I get a message box that gives me the "series", "point" and "value". The "point" however is a number depending on how far you are from the left side of the chart. If I hover over the primary data line the "point" displays the value on the x-axis. There doesn't seem to be a way to specify the data sequence for the secondary x-axis. How do I get the secondary data line to show the "point" va...

Pivot Table Field Header