Pipeline Chart/Stacked Chart

Is it possible to create a pipe or stacked chart that will show the values of
the pipeline?  What we wish to see is that if the values are the same in all
the weighting stages, then the pipe will be almost a straight or tubular
shape; whereas the way it looks now, it will actually be a bit lumpy in the
middle stages depending on what we have in the works?

	Weighting
	100%	90%	70%	20%	10%	9%	1%	Grand Total
Pipeline 	 2 	 21 	 19 	 39 	 4 	 1 	 10 	 96

Hope someone can help me with this one as I tried the stacked pyramid and it
didn't actually show me the actual shape of my pipeline...

Thanks

0
ogerriz (4)

The pipeline chart
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/pipeline/index.htm
--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"ogerriz" wrote:

> Is it possible to create a pipe or stacked chart that will show the values of
> the pipeline?  What we wish to see is that if the values are the same in all
> the weighting stages, then the pipe will be almost a straight or tubular
> shape; whereas the way it looks now, it will actually be a bit lumpy in the
> middle stages depending on what we have in the works?
>

> 	Weighting
> 	100%	90%	70%	20%	10%	9%	1%	Grand Total
> Pipeline 	 2 	 21 	 19 	 39 	 4 	 1 	 10 	 96
>

> Hope someone can help me with this one as I tried the stacked pyramid and it
> didn't actually show me the actual shape of my pipeline...
>
> Thanks

Add multiple categories to horizontal axis in chart
Hi, I am working on a staff sales chart & that compares 2 years worth of data on a month by month basis for 4 staff. I was wondering how I could have 2 categories on the horizontal axis of the chart. ie staff names & also month eg Staff A Staff B Staff C Staff D Staff A Staff B Staff C Staff D January February Thanks in advance The easiest way to do this is by letting Excel do "heavy lifting." If your data are not in relational form, re-arrange them. The result should be something like: Month Staf...

how can i finde the cordination of intersection betwin 2 chart?
how can i finde the cordination of intersection betwin 2 chart? ...

How do I change the size of the text box in a flow chart?

Dynamic Chart Problem
Hi everybody, I tried Tushar Mehta's approach to creating dynamic charts, and it seems to work perfectly. However, when I go to save the Excel spreadsheet, I get this error: "Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct and try again". Here are the named ranges I've created (rangeName: refers to formula) XValues: OFFSET('ALL GROUP DATA'!$E$1,0,COUNTA('ALL GROUP DATA'!$E16:$AS16)-'AEE INDICES SUMMARY'!$C$62,1,'AEE INDICES SUMMARY'!$C$62) aYVal...

Merging 3 Charts into 1
I have three charts, each of which shows a normal curve (bell shaped) with 3 different means and 3 different standard deviations. Taken individually, the 3 charts are a "masterpiece." However, I wish to merge the three charts into one so I can show the 3 bell shapes on one graph. The best way to further explain is to cite this example: Chart 1 X axis 10 through 160 mean 80 std. dev. 20 Chart 2 X axis 60 through 120 mean 90 std. dev. 10 Chart 3 X axis 20 through 150...

The best method for forumlas and charts???
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to go about getting the information I want to display in a chart. Depending on the response, I may also need help implementing the suggestion. Here's what I want to do: On Sheet3 I have a range of data, for example: Columns A B C D 20-Sep R Y G 21-Sep Y n/a R 22-Sep n/a G Y 23-Sep R R n/a On Sheet7, I want to have 16 line graph charts that...

Dynamic chart and shrinking text boxes
Good afternoon all, I have a dynamic chart, that records the amount of forms processed eac week. Every Friday, I coallate the statistics for the past week, an input them in, and the chart then grows by one week. Perfectly norma stuff, documented regularly. What I need to know, is, if it is possible to link outside objects t parts of the chart. Example. During 02/01/04 and 23/01/04 we were down 1 FTE (full tim equivalent), and I have a text box between those dates indicating this The problem is, when I add on a new week (for example, Week Endin 06/02/04) all the dates shift backwards, and I ...

Chart with a negative and positive values
Hello, I would like to make a chart where one can see the bars in each side o the category axis. In one side of the category axis there are positiv values and in other side negative. This I can do but what if I would like to have many bars by side an also a line chart in the same graph? t:Es -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add the line chart data to the graph. XL will add it as a bar. Select this new bar graph, and select Chart | Chart Type... | appropriate line + sub-type. XL will create a secondary x- and secondary y- axes for this line graph. -- Regards, Tush...

Chart width as a variable
I want to create a chart in which there are two numerical variables, on would be height and one would be width. Could someone please let me kno how to do this? Thanks a lot -- ErictheFerri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ErictheFerrit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38714 Eric - Put the desired horizontal variable (width?) in one column, and the corresponding vertical variable (height?) into the next column. Select this data, star...

Problem in Excel Charting
Hi, I have the following problem in chart Steps Followed 1)Open a new Excel Workbook 2)Associate a database query (Select getdate() as TodayDate ) with A1 Cell. This would return "TodayDate" in A1 and current Date in A2 cell 3)Select the following from "Insert" Menu - "Name" - "Define" 4)There we can find the Names of the Workbook - Which includes the Name for the Data Range associated with the Query (added during STEP 2) 5)The value shown is =Sheet1!$A$1:$A$3 although only A1 and A2 are populated. Could someone please explain the incons...

Custom Type Charts Problem
I am using Custom Type Charts in Excel, which uses Pivot Table as the Data Source. The problem that I am facing here is that whenever I Refresh the data using the Refresh icon, the Custom Type charts LOOSE their formatting. To make my problem clearer, I am attaching a sample Excel sheet herewith. In the sample file, go to 3rd sheet "Custom Type Chart" and have a look at the "Tubes" chart. Now click on the "!" Icon (this is the Refresh icon). The formatting of the chart changes. Try this out with the "Normal Chart". The formatting remains the same. P...

Use color or marked cells to make a chart
We have an excel 2002 shared workbook that we use to keep track of our capacity for incoming patients. The cells are color coded for each different insurance. How can i build a chart to show how many of each insurance we have taken in each week. The cell range looks like this. ='2268 SEATTLE'!$B$5:$H$13,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$17:$H$25,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$35:$H$43,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$47:$H$55,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$65:$H$73,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$77:$H$85,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$95:$H$103,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$107:$H$115 We would like to be able to kee...

numeric values in a chart
I need to display a value from the spreadsheet into a chart (for example values that are not captured by the chart). I tried with the camera and the copy link images but it did not work You mean as a text label? Select the chart, click in the formula bar, type =, then select the cell with the value and hit Enter. A textbox will appear in the middle of the chart linked to the cell. Move and format it as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "kurtz" <kurtz@discus...

Freeze chart location & size
I do a lot of scientific charting of geologic data where I present several different charts side-by-side on a sheet. The data is usually some physical rock property recorded at a particular depth. It is very important to attempt to have these charts represent the same depth interval across all of the charts. The problem is this: Excel tends to resize the charts, at least vertically, which tends to stretch and shrink the depth interval, destroying the lateral correlations. Does anybody know how to lock/anchor/freeze the charts so that they don't change their dimensions. I can resiz...

Create a baseline in Excel 2007 on Excel Chart
Trying to create a basline of 98 across a bar chart in Excel 2007. Hi, The same techniques still work in xl2007. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A282F63-9BC4-44F5-A25D-D1B5BD1FC717@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a basline of 98 across a bar chart in Excel 2007. ...

Chart Data Labels in Excel 2000 for Windows
Excel 2000 Windows I have what is probably an easily solved problem but not for me apparently. I have a simple chart set up by columns : Well Location Date Pressure eg. 10-17-35-10 Apr-10-02 10500 10-18-36-25 Jun-05-03 11500 etc.etc. What I'm trying to do is to get the chart to recognize well location rather than Date as Data Label and post it to the Chart beside the symbol. Everything I've tried has failed. It seems to me that Excel in Apple was much more intuitive it would recognize the non-numeric Well Location as a data labe...

Put ScrollBar on chart.
I want put a ScrollBar on a Chart. then I moving the ScrollBar. the chart showing differ range of a sheet. That difficult is how to get ScrollBar status on a Chart. the ScrollBar take by Form toolbar. Thanks. Hi, Here's a example of a scrollbar changing the data charted. http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm Cheers Andy Cactus [������] wrote: > I want put a ScrollBar on a Chart. > then I moving the ScrollBar. > the chart showing differ range of a sheet. > > > That difficult is how to get ScrollBar status on a Chart. the ScrollBar take > by Form toolba...

Change ALL chart elements default font?
This is a followon from my earlier post Subject: Cannot copy Excel 2007 Chart and Paste as Bitmap into Powerpoint 2007 I found another poster with a similar problem: Subject: Re: Text spacing uneven when copying charts from EXCEL 2007 to WORD 2007 I want to know what fonts are safe to use on both PC and Mac so that the metafile pictures render correctly in both Windows and Mac. I assume Arial is safe. However, although my default Excel font is Arial, (and the Powerpoint theme font is Arial everywhere) when I create the chart in Excel I see that the titles and chart labels are Calibri....

Apply Org Chart Template?
Hello, I have inherited a file containing numerous pages of org charts. The file was not created using the Organization Chart template and, therefore, the org chart menu and features are not available to me when updating these charts. Is there any way to apply the Organization Chart template to the existing file so I can access the org chart menu and features? I am using Visio 2007. Thanks. "Nina" <Nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58419C8-CC22-48E1-AD2A-0D3B5B1206D4@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I have inherited a file containing numerous page...

Copy worksheet with dynamic chart?
Can a worksheet with a dynamic chart be copied in the same workbook, and have the new worksheet chart still work referencing the cells in the new worksheet? I have worksheets setup with dynamic charts and formulas in the name manager with worksheet scope. When the worksheets are copied the charts disconnect from the formulas and use a set range reference. To fix this problem, I have tried to put the worksheet name into the name manager using a formula and indirect referencing but the name manager wont accept it. You have to use a round-about procedure. Save the workbook, move the sheet to...

Lognormal base in charts (excel 2007)
This is a difficult technical question. Excel 2007 allows me to set the base of my lognormal chart (e.g., 2 or 10) but is there any way that I can make the base dependent on the values in my worksheet depending on what they are e.g., if my max spreadsheet value is 20 I would like a lognormal base of 2 and if my max spreadsheet value is 1000 I would like a lognormal base of 10? Thx. You would need to use a programmatic approach to this, similar to this example, but expanded to include the log base. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html P.S. it's the ...

Dynamically Scale X Axis on Column Chart Based on Number of Catego
Excel 2007: I have a column chart, with Milestone names appearing at the X axis, and Finish Variance displaying on the Y Axis. The chart displays the last four variance snapshots for each milestone. The Milestone axis is defined by a dynamic range. The question is how I can get the chart to adjust x-axis scale based on the number of milestones? When I delete half of the milestones, I am left with the same scale, with the remaining milestones along the left of the chart, and then a big empty space on the right of the chart. My preference is that the remaining milestones ...

Best way to create a chart w/ xy axis, quartile circles and point plots?
I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so. I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer...

Embedded Chart does not appear on print preview
Please help! I have a worksheet with an embedded chart in it. The chart background is coloured blue and the pie chart within it is multi coloured. When I click on print preview I can see the worksheet with a blue box where the chart is but the multi-coloured pie chart has disappeared. So it is like the chart background is there but not the chart itself. Can anyone explain this? Kind regards & TIA Stuart :-) Select the chart, from Format menu, choose Selected Chart Area. On Properties tab, check the Print Object checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Tec...

Combination with Column & Stacked Column
Is it possible to create a combination chart with column and stacked column groupings? For each month, I would like to compare total expected vacation time-off (columns) with actual vacations (stacked column showing annual vacations, special vacations, leiu days, etc.). I can combine the stacked columns with lines, points, or areas, but I would like to compare columns side by side. Is there a way? Thanks. James - You can fake it by making a stacked column chart of carefully arranged data. There is a tutorial showing this technique on Bernard Liengme's site: http://www.stfx...