Pie of pie charts - how to set up data

I'm just trying this kind of pie chart for the first time.

Example:  I have 408 people in my company 401K.  Of these, 38 joined in
2006, the other 370 joined in 2005.

Of these 38 - 29 get company match, 9 don't.

Is this the kind of info I can show in a pie of pie?
0
RichN (4)

Rich -

The 38 are combined in the main plot but shown as individual wedges in the
secondary plot. Arrange the data like this:

2005       371
match      29
no match   9

Select the range and make the pie-of-pie chart. It initially only puts the
no match data into the separate pie; double click on any of the wedges, and
on the Options tab of the Format Series dialog, make sure these settings are
selected:

Split by: Position
Second Plot Contains the Last: 2 values

If you apply data labels to the chart, the merged match + no match wedge in
the main chart has the label "other", which you can select and edit to say
 >2006".

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"RichN" <RichN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm just trying this kind of pie chart for the first time.
>
> Example:  I have 408 people in my company 401K.  Of these, 38 joined in
> 2006, the other 370 joined in 2005.
>
> Of these 38 - 29 get company match, 9 don't.
>
> Is this the kind of info I can show in a pie of pie?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

Queries and Charts

Data migration - Adventure Works

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

set print area #2

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

volume settings
I've taken to listening to podcasts on my three WinXP fully updated computers. I use VLC Media Player. Some podcasts are so quiet that I have to turn the volume all the way up both in VLC and in the volume control for the computer. And even that can be a bit too quiet. Is there another way to increase the volume for these podcasts? I looked at Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel, but nothing seemed obvious. Thank you! Jo-Anne "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:hv0sv3$71o$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I've taken t...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

combination clustered column and stacked bar chart
I have data concerning the repair turn-around for three products over several months. There are two components to the turn-around time for any item, i.e., actual labor time and wait time. I want to graph this as a clustered column, each cluster representing the data for a given month and each bar in a cluster representing one of the products. Now for the tricky part: I want each of the bars to be stacked showing the relationship between the actual labor time and the wait time. John, I don't know if I'm fully understanding what you want. Possibly these two examples can hel...