Pie Chart values Automatic Update

Hi,

I need to have my pie chart update whenever the source data changes.
The source data location stays the same, all that changes it the data itself.
How can I get my pie chart to update based on these new values?
(As mentioned the source data ranges have stayed the same.)

Any ideas?  I do appreciate it.

Orlando

How do you make a combination chart with 2 axis.
I'm tring to plot 2 kinds of data. 1 is a % and the 2 is a quanity. How do I put both on same chart? Plot them both like they would be using the same Y axis. Select the one that you want on the secondary axis and format the data series. On the AXIS tab, you can select a secondary axis. "smw" <smw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8469123E-4ED5-443F-AA22-82360D04BD7F@microsoft.com... > I'm tring to plot 2 kinds of data. 1 is a % and the 2 is a quanity. How do > I > put both on same chart? ...

Getting value from 2 cols right, 1 row down
Hi, I guess this is a simple question but I couldn't figure out how to ge around it. Code ------------------- A B C D E F 1 Worker 100 100 100 100 2 110 110 3 Worker 120 120 120 4 130 130 13 ------------------- Sheet above is a work schedule and 100, 110, 120 and 130 are jus predefined work shifts. Row 1 is a morning shift row and Row 2 is night shift row for the first worker. Now what I want to do is to create another sheet with workers names t m...

Chart: 2 lines and a bar
I have searched here and in the help file with no luck. I see it is easy to have a graph with 2 bars and a line because it i one of the standards already set up. But I need 2 lines and a bar and I cant figure out how to do it. I'm sure it is something easy, but maybe this is a brain cramp o something -- Kep ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kepf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3061 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50744 Hi, Create line chart based on all three set...

import hyperterminal value into excel
How do I import a hyperterminal value into an excel cell? ...

How do I automatically calculate days past due?
I need to have a column to keep the number of days past due updated daily whenever the file is open. Is there a formula to calculate this daily? I have it where it calculates based on today's date but I have to input the new date each day. Thanks much! Hi use =A1-TODAY() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Funkeeiiz" <Funkeeiiz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E2FB2596-97DC-4E73-AF51-D6B1916A4849@microsoft.com... > I need to have a column to keep the number of days past due updated daily > whenever the file is open. Is there a fo...

minimum cell value
Hi, I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value. The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to show a minimum value of 1 is this possible? Hi, Doug, Try: =Max(a1/a2*5,1) --- Regards, Norman "Doug Bell" <Doug Bell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8766BC4D-D3CD-4B4F-AF7B-FD145DE56205@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value. > > The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to > show > a minimum value of 1 is this possible? > ...

Filter List for Linked Values
I have a list of Numbers. In that list some Cells are: - Linked Values [ e.g. ='[Sales.xls]Sheet1'!K61) ] - Forumlas [ e.g. =1802+254+356 or =sum(A2:B32) ] - Manually Entered I want to filter the list for linked values. Is this possible? Hi not without VBA (using a user defined function) and a helper column >-----Original Message----- >I have a list of Numbers. In that list some Cells are: > > - Linked Values [ e.g. ='[Sales.xls]Sheet1'!K61) ] > - Forumlas [ e.g. =1802+254+356 or =sum(A2:B32) ] > - Manually Entered > > I want to filter the l...

Line chart, value labeling
I like to change line graph settings so that only one value will appea on the line (not all the values). I right clicked on the point on the line, selected format data series selected Data Labels tab, checked box Show Values. and then click ok. All the data values show up on the line. But, I like to see only on specific value. How do we do that -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You need to select the line series and then select a single point before displaying the format dialog and enabling data labels. Cheers Andy NYBoy < wrote: > I like to change line graph s...

Weird problem -- formulas get lost but their values stay in place
I have a client who uses Excel files that link out to other excel files. The formulas in the "main" file calculate from data in the linked files. So, the formula is in the main file. When they close the main file and re-open it, the formulas are gone, but the last calculated value remains. Does anyone have an idea why this would happen? Thanks, Bill One way might be because a "Before Save" or "Before Close" Macro is doing a Copy > Paste special > Values........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Bill" <bdotson@gmail.com> wrote in message...

Auto Update of Y axis Max, Min and Scale
Hi. I have a chart in a worksheet which changes according to selections made in a user-form using combo-boxes. These combo boxes are from the forms toolbar rather than the control toolbox. I have derived the following code from the cited source and modified it as noted. I have read Chip Pearson’s notes on Events in Userform controls and added the code “FormEnableEvents = True”. However it does not fully work until another activity updates the worksheet. E.g. F2 and enter. I could add a macro button with the instruction “Click to update Chart”. Can anyone indicate how I might amend...

Multi-view selections in one chart.
Here is my goal... I would like to be able to select a pull down with sorta lookup of e.g A, B, C, etc. program which reside on differen tabs and be able to select program A and the chart shows stats for A Next go to pull down and select B to see B's stats and so on. All whic will show up on one chart. I would also like to be able to have selection to show all A, B and C in one image on the chart as summary. I am not strong at VB but understand code. I have created summary and each individual chart as needed but would like it to rollu into one chart. Any ideas?? :eek ------------...

Updating a Bank of America Account Help
This is my first time using MS Money 2005 Premium, and I need asisstance on how to update my Bank of America account. When I went through the wizard for setting up the bank account I entered everything it requested everything set up right I can see both my savings and checking account, but the problem is updating. When I try to update it, it doesn't do anything. Does MS Money even support automatic update from Bank of America? Please Help Thanks in Advance I think it depends on how Bank of America works their updates. I bank with Wells Fargo and the auto update does not work either. I...

Chart visable for one user and no one else
This is quite odd. One user is able to view a chart, however, when anyone else opens the document, the chart doesn't exist. The chart is in a separate sheet labeled, CHART. We are using Excel XP with DocsOpen. Anyone know anything about this kind of behavior? Thanks in advance, Kathy K. ...

Flexible Charts
Is there a way in which a chart can be automatically made to modify its data range? I have a spreadsheet into which we have a lot of charts. On a regular basis, we add extra data ( cut and paste from another spreadsheet), and then have to spend a long period of time modifying the ranges of each of the charts in order to account for the new data. Is there a way in which a chart setup is such that it looks at a whole column, rather than a specific array of cell??? Please help Phil Short answer: Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html -- Re...

Charting small and large percentages
I am trying to show a bar chart with a small percentage number say 4% and the remaining 96% above it using a stacked bar. Anyone have an idea how this could be done so that the 4% can be seen on the chart? Thank you in advance. You could make the axis logarithmic; but would your readers understand? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "JRForm" <JRForm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66B2DD01-65F6-419F-A362-56739158D639@microsoft.com... >I am trying to show a bar chart with a small per...

List Box and Updating the table
I want a form with 24 list boxes that the user can have multiple selections for each box..I understand that I need to have a table that will hold results and a new row for each selection, what i need to know is how do i get the data from the List boxes populated into the table? Thanks. Lisa, there are several problems with this. First, You will have to open the form on Friday and come back Monday to actually see it. I once tried a form with only 8 list boxes and it took 2 to 5 minutes to load the form. It has to retrieve the data from the database for each list box, one at a time. ...

how to copy a row of cells automatically from one worksheet to another by changing the value of1cell
Hello. I have 8 cells on the same row in one worksheet that I would like to be automatically copied to a predefined area in one of 3 other worksheets in my file depending on the number (1, 2 or 3) entered in one cell adjacent to these 8 cells. Is this possible and, if so, how could it be done? Thanks very much for any help you can offer me with this. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** David, You could use the worksheet change event: this will copy the eight cells from the s...

creating a macro that will paste a value and then move
Please, help! I am trying to recreate a macro that opens a workbook, goes to Sheet 1, pastes clipboard info into A1, then moves to B1, then saves and closes the file. I know how to make the file automatic and how to get it to open and close (Auto_Open), but I cannot remember how to get the macro to move from cell to cell (left-to right). What happens is that when I do a recorded macro and then try to rerun it; it will paste into A1 and then will tab over to B1. Then upon the next time that I call up the spreadsheet, it will even paste to B1, but will not move further from that spot. I then...

Basing a report on an updated cross-tab query
I have a cross-tab query based on a table that I need to update daily. (The main fields are totals by date.) I have a report based on that query that I need to run daily following the table update. I get an error message as soon as a new date appears in the table and query. The report seems to keep the dates hard-coded. What can I do to remedy this situation? Lotharia - The only thing I know is you can do a SELECT * in your second query. If you list fieldnames, then as the crosstab changes, you have to manually change the second query. -- Daryl S "Lothar...

Windows Update optional updates doesn't see
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CB1560.CEB60470 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello there, for some time I can no longer view the optional updates. Can you tell me a solution? S.O.: Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. Language: Italian. I attach a screenshot. Thanks. Fabiano Liberatori ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CB1560.CEB60470 Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="Windows Update Error.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: bas...

Anyone notice the Money Web site update?
Still a long way off. http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx Update (11/02/09): Microsoft has announced plans to release versions of Money Plus Deluxe and Money Plus Home & Business that will not require online activation. This version will allow you to keep your Money files and transactional history but will not allow access to online services or premium services. Availability is expected prior to the end of online activation on Jan. 31, 2011. Check back here for additional information or look for future announcements in Money Plus. This is bad news for me. I just upgraded to ...

getting column and row names if a cell has a value
Hello, I am trying to pull data out of a large Excel spreadsheet to get a slimmed down version.. I have a large spreadsheet (100+ columns by 500+ rows, and 12 worksheets) that I'm trying to make sense of in order to import into another program. Each Column has a four-digit code for a "name", each row has a five- digit code for its "name." The majority of cells have a value of '0'. I am trying to get excel to look at the range, and if there is a value that is not zero in a cell, give me the column name in one column, the row name in the next column then the v...

Waterfall Charts
I have created an excel sheet that calculates the data for creating a waterfall type chart which is a stacked bar chart in graph with the bottom stack hidden. (Using IF statements, ABS formulas) Is there a way to make these type charts automatic by taking my calculated data and somehow have Excel generate the charts from this data. Maybe a menu driven way by entering this data with the variables for each different chart. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Excel 2002, Windows 2000 THX Fritz78 Excel has no native way to accomplish this, but if you Google 'Excel Waterfall Chart&...

Widening charts and adding vertical lines
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and am having two big problems: 1) I'm trying to look at a pretty wide range of data (monthly interest rate changes over the course of an 8-year period) and it's important that I be able to see the chart from a wide angle so that I can see trends around specific dates, but I can't widen the line chart so that it spreads out the data- if I try to do so, it eliminates data on one end or the other instead of widening the entire chart. 2) I want to add in vertical lines at certain custom intervals to show events taking place. I can't figure out wheth...

Shut down - Install update and shut down
My machine recently cannot be shut down if I choose 'Install update and shut down'. The screen just keep saying: Install 1 of 1 ... then Don't turn off the power, it will shut down itself then repeat the above I had been waiting for few hours still saying the same thing. [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup] Please state the full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) of the computer in question. Can you tell us the KB number(s) of the update(s) in question? What anti-virus application or se...