Pie chart - type

Is there an pie chart type where you can explode just one of the sets of data
on the chart?  I have access to both Excel/Powerpoint 97 and 2003, but there
doesn't appear to be any differences in what's available for pie charts.  Is
there an add-in or something for variations on these pie or other charts.

Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions.
Diana
0
Cowtoon (33)

Create a regular pie chart in Excel
Click on the pie to select it (each slice will have
    a black handle on its outer edge)
Click on the slice that you want to explode (only that slice
     will now have handles)
Drag out the selected slice.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
10/11/2005 9:14:08 PM
Well Debra ... it couldn't have been simpler.  Thank you so much!!!
That's exactly what I wanted.  Perfectimundo!!!
Diana

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Create a regular pie chart in Excel
> Click on the pie to select it (each slice will have
>     a black handle on its outer edge)
> Click on the slice that you want to explode (only that slice
>      will now have handles)
> Drag out the selected slice.
>

> Cowtoon wrote:
> > Is there an pie chart type where you can explode just one of the sets of data
> > on the chart?  I have access to both Excel/Powerpoint 97 and 2003, but there
> > doesn't appear to be any differences in what's available for pie charts.  Is
> > there an add-in or something for variations on these pie or other charts.
> >
> > Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions.
> > Diana
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Cowtoon (33)
10/11/2005 9:21:06 PM
You're welcome!

Cowtoon wrote:
> Well Debra ... it couldn't have been simpler.  Thank you so much!!!
> That's exactly what I wanted.  Perfectimundo!!!
> Diana
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>Create a regular pie chart in Excel
>>Click on the pie to select it (each slice will have
>>    a black handle on its outer edge)
>>Click on the slice that you want to explode (only that slice
>>     will now have handles)
>>Drag out the selected slice.
>>

>>Cowtoon wrote:
>>
>>>Is there an pie chart type where you can explode just one of the sets of data
>>>on the chart?  I have access to both Excel/Powerpoint 97 and 2003, but there
>>>doesn't appear to be any differences in what's available for pie charts.  Is
>>>there an add-in or something for variations on these pie or other charts.
>>>
>>>Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions.
>>>Diana
>>

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel 2007 Chart in VB6 Program
I have another thread in the VB group and was told to post to these two groups so sorryfor the multi-post. Ill post there again just in case folks want to follow the thread. So I've had a Visual Basic 6 app (as an EXE) that has worked great for the last 9 years or so. Up until Excel 2003 I have had to make minimial changes for it to work properly. The app has an OLE control which acts as a container for many different external sources .In this control I embed an Excel workbook and display a chart sheet. I can interact with the workbook through the normal means of Excel programming objects...

how do I recover charts within an excel workbook?
The workbook had many charts that were previously visible. Now, upon opening the file, the charts are no longer visible. How to I reactivate them to appear? thanks ...

Problem with Asset Allocator pie charts
Everything "seems" to be working fine with Money 2005 Premium (after restarting the program multiple times). I'm having a problem with many of the pie charts. They do not show up at all. I upgraded from Money 2004. Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP Professional if that's of any help. Thanks, Patrick I've seen them going on a new file on Win XP Pro - do you get them on a new file, or do they not appear on both a new and old one? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;...

Draw line in a chart
I have the following problem. I have a chart (date on x axis) on which I draw a line. How can I obtain the ending points of the line in order to compare, mathematically, their positions to corresponding values of chart at the same date? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements I'm sure your post makes perfect sense to you and might to other readers, but I am los...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Grouping Pie Slices
Is there a way that I can select and group individual pie slices together? Hi, Jon shows away of doing this in his article. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 Cheers Andy beeemergyrl wrote: > Is there a way that I can select and group individual pie slices together? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

email charts
I have an excel workbook file containing many department sales charts that recieve data from a group of central data entry spreadsheets. Each department chart resides on its own sheet. Is there a way to email individual chart sheets (or snapshots of the chart sheet) to the respective departments without sending the entire parent file to all recipients? Thanks, Mnaut You could export the chart as a gif file, then email that file to the department. The following code creates a gif file from the active chart: '============================ Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filenam...

see chart from pushing button
how would I see a chart from pushing a button on the spreedsheet ? ...

Pivot charts formatting
Hi, I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I want that changed formatting to be retained permanently. For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel falls back to its own colour coding. Any way to get around this? Many thanks in anticipation. Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate shee...

Switching x-axis & y-axis on line chart
I am working with a large data spreadsheet with year, number and currency data. My problem is when I extract data to create a standard line chart, the chart is defaulting to a specific x-axis and y-axis format with data related to each axis. For visualization purposes, I would prefer to have the data that is currently presented on the x-axis to instead be presented on the y-axis. And likewise, I would like the y-axis data be presented in the x-axis. However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this and the MS Excel Help menu does not seem to address this. Can anyone help? If ...

pie-charting non-numeric data
I would like to chart and graph responses to a survey that are non-numeric in nature, such as a bar graph for "yes" and no" responses to a question. Or in particular a pie chart that shows how many people picked option "P" vs. "K", "J" or "N". For the pie chart I have a column of data cells, each containing one of the four letters. In short, how do I accomplish charting and/or graphing non-numeric responses? So you have a column of Yes/No or P/K or J/N? Construct a pivot table of this range, and you can produce counts of each value...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

trouble changing data type
I am running MS Access 2007 on Windows XP Professional 2002 (SP2). I need to change the data type of a single field in a table containing just over 1.4M records in order to link it with another table and run a Make-Table Query, but Access is telling me I do not have enough memory to change the data type. I have 1GB of RAM and a Pentium 4, 2.79 GHz processor. Am I out of luck based on the equiptment I am working with, or is there a way around this? Much appreciated. -- Kevin Philadelphia, PA First backup your database. Next Compact and Repair. Third add the new field datatype. C...

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

personal income and expenditure chart
can anybody give me a personal income and expediture chart please Thanks Mike mikeyboy87 wrote: > can anybody give me a personal income and expediture chart please > Thanks Mike You can do this in Excel but why re-invent the wheel? Quicken or Money have far more tools and options. If money is an issue try checking ebay. I purchased Quicken 2004 for about $10 including shipping. It isn't the latest and greatest but it does what I need it to do. gls858 ...

text disappears when typing into express or word
I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this doesn't happen all the time, only once a day for a few hours. Any ideas? On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:21:33 -0800, va wrote: > I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this...

Chart drilldown to data
I have a client that has MS Excel 2000 bar charts made from worksheet data series. He wants to be able to click on a chart object such as a bar and have the source data come to the front. I have tried to put buttons over the chart but I can't change the button color to match the chart. I can change the chart bar to be the gray color of the button but that is not desirable. Is their a way to send the button to the back behind the chart and still get the button to respond to a click? Is there any way to turn a worksheet cell into a button? The only way I can see is to place a button ov...

Charting challenge/query
The following quote is posted on behalf of a client using Windows and Office 2003 Standard. Please email responses directly to me, too, since I do not read this group much. Any help/insight would be most appreciated. I'll do my best to relay any questions people have and bring back any answers to said questions. <quote> The Goal: In an effort to come up with a new way of looking at organizational structure, I employed Excel's 'Donut Chart' function. My goal was to have the head of the organization in the middle of the chart and then that person's direct re...

How to "freeze" chart & separate it from it's Data
I would like to produce a chart and then rearrange the data to produce a separate chart. Is there a way of separating a chart from it's data so that I can take the data and after rearrangement, produce another chart? Hi, Here is some information on how to de-link chart and data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Rooky228" <Rooky228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B519787-DF2D-4C1C-B941-DBC1FD054184@microsoft.com... >I would like to produce a c...

Graph Charts
I am creating a chart and I would like increments on the axis as follows: 0 25 50 75 100 200 300 400 500 Is this possible? Yes, if you make a Line chart rather than an XY chart Do not put a label over the x-values - this will make it easier to get the Line chart Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Taylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111a01c42633$6893c9c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am creating a chart and I would like increments on the > axis as follows: > > 0 25 50 75 100 200 ...

I thought Outlook 2003 "Rembered' Previous email addresses you typed?
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered Previous email addresses you typed? A lot of times, people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook doesn't remember the address. Instead I have to manually bring up the address book. Or I have to type the last name and Outlook does remember that. Any thoughts? -- Spin Enable the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:5huaj4F3lu1bkU1@mi...

Change series in a chart
Hi guys, My first post. I have data for residents of the care home that I work at. One example is their monthly weights. I presently have the data in the following form: jan feb mar apr may Resident 1 108 109 107 105 106 Resident 2 220 225 219 226 222 I would like to have a control box or something on the line chart of a resident's weights so that I can choose which resident's monthly weights to display. The x-axis is the month and the y-axis the weight. I can't seem to figure out how to get a macro to do this. Thanks a bunch Stuart -- trispirit3...

Using Chart in a Form
Hi, I am trying to put a chart in a form. I use the chart wizard and answer all the questions. While i'm doing this i press on the prview key to see what my output will look like and it looks correct. When i press the finish key i get a chart in my form but it is the wrong one. I get a what seems like a sample chart displaying sales for 3 regions by quarter. No mater what i do, this is the chart the appears. I expect the chart will display correctly in the form view. If you want the design view to look correct, you should open the Row Source in datasheet view and co...

How do I make a chart based upon time sheets?
I have the data as follows: Name Time In Time Out Time In Time Out (to account for lunch breaks). What I want to do is create a chart that graphically shows how many people are in the building at any given time. So I want the times on the bottom and the person's name on the vertical axis, and then have a line that runs across the cells that the person is on the clock. Any ideas? Thanks. ...