Pie Chart not to display 0 Values

Good day,

I have an excel Table something like below.

Column A Column B
Item 1 24%
Item 2 13%
Item 3 0%
Item 4 3%
Item 5 0%

The Values in Column B are being automatically updated from another table.
There are 24 Items in the table and usually about 10 of them are 0, in a
given period of time.

Is there any way that the chart can be intelligent enough to skip the 0
Values and display only values greater than 0.
This would clear the clutter on the chart.

I am using a pie chart for the purpose.

Thanks for Help
_________________
Best Regards
Khawar

Andy Pope has instructions on his web site for a pie chart with no zero
values:

   http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
8/2/2004 3:15:02 AM
If your labels are only showing the value or percentage, you can do this
very simply by changing the number format of the labels. Select the data
labels, press CTRL+1 to format them (or choose Selected Object from the
Format menu). Click on the Number tab, select Custom in the list on the
left, and enter a custom format like one of these in the box on the right:

   0;;;
   0%;;;
   0.0%;;;

The custom formats consist of a string of four formats, separated by
semicolons. The four entries by default are for positive, negative, and
zero values, and for text strings. Any which are left out do not appear,
so the entries above only show positive values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Debra Dalgleish wrote:
> Andy Pope has instructions on his web site for a pie chart with no zero
> values:
>
>   http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm
>
> Khawar wrote:
>
>> Good day,
>>
>> I have an excel Table something like below.
>>
>> Column A Column B
>> Item 1 24%
>> Item 2 13%
>> Item 3 0%
>> Item 4 3%
>> Item 5 0%
>>
>> The Values in Column B are being automatically updated from another
>> table.
>> There are 24 Items in the table and usually about 10 of them are 0, in a
>> given period of time.
>>
>> Is there any way that the chart can be intelligent enough to skip the 0
>> Values and display only values greater than 0.
>> This would clear the clutter on the chart.
>>
>> I am using a pie chart for the purpose.

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

Count unique values
Hi, I've some problems to count unique items (Invoice #) in a pivot table. There is the default solution "Add-a-new-calculated-column" as mentioned on http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique, but in my case, it doesn't works. My problem is, that these values aren't in a Excel worksheet; it's a external data source - a SQL-Select via DAO/ADO. Because of that, I don't have the possibility to add a new column. Another reason is, that the pivot table should always be dynamic: Group over this field, group over another field - and always show the number of unique...

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

find match then change cell value

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

Chart Wizard #5
Does excel 2007 have a chart wizard? If so, how do I access it? The chart wizard no longer exists in Excel 2007, RIP. You create a chart using the various chart buttons on the Insert tab, then struggle through the three Chart Tools contextual tabs looking for the controls to set up the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Liberty" <Liberty @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1186EF-4C15-4E3D-A642-D0EA334C1192@microsoft.com... > Does excel...

Easy dynamic chart.
Creating a dynamic chart is difficult, there should be a dynamic chart wizard that will create it with you. Also if my serie value is a name range, it would be nice to just right the Name range directly not with the complex formula. ='xyz.xlsx'!name range but just name range. xyz and name range is a fictive value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Custumize Chart Tittle Description
How can I make the Chart Tittle to be equal to a specific cell located in one sheet. For example, I have a description on the cell "D10" located in the sheetname "Black" . I want this description to be the Chart Tittle because is a number that will change in the daily basic. I have been using this formula "=Black!D10"; however, is not working. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Click on the title, type =, and then click on D10 on Black. Or click on the title, and type =Black!$D$10 -- Rob Powered by Creative Laziness "Maperalia" wrote: > How can I...

setting a column value in code for an updatable ViewGrid
Is there a way to set the value for a column in code when a ViewGrid row is edited? I have a row-last-updated date that is a required audit field in all our systems (required by data management). I don't really want the user updating this field as it should always be system controlled. If I create an editable ViewGrid tied to either an SqlDataSource or an ObjectDataSource, the field seems to only be updatable by the user. I can set it the first time by setting the DefaultValue in code but that has no effect after there is an initial value in the column. Do I need to co...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

Pivot Table data values
I need make a pivot table using the values as the data. I used to be able to do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates. Is there a way to return the data values? ...

Copy & Paste Chart
I can Copy & Paste an Excel Chart from one Workbook to another. However, another User, when copying an Excel chart, and Pasting into another Workbook, gets the Chart essentially as a "Snapshot" with "EMBED". Ideas??? TIA - Bob What's your question? You don't say what you're looking for. What does the formula bar say in parentheses after "EMBED"? You can copy the chart as a picture: hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and choose the On Screen and Picture options. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutor...

Very Old Version of MSMoney (3.0)
I'm currently using a version of MS Money from 1994 on Windows 98....works perfectly! I have a new computer using MS XP... When I try to run this version of Money I get a "general protection fault in module "msmoney.exe 0059.0504"". Money Standard 2002 came with the system but I can't find it on the recovery disk to re-install. Would rather not re-install complete system if possible. You might need to run the program in compatibility mode. Find the executable for the program and right click, selecting properties. Set the compatibility option for Windows 95 or 9...