Pie Chart - Conditional Color

Hello.
I am trying to create a pie chart with 10 labels each linked to a cell
of the same value, so the pie pieces are of a uniform size. I would
like to know if there is a way to color the pieces based on a
conditional data from other cells? Specifically I am wanting to colors
to be assigned in the following example:
Red if cell=1
yellow if cell>1,<4
Green if cell>=4, <=5
Example: lets say label 1 is linked to A1 which has the value of 3,
label 2 is linked to A2 which has a value of 4, and label 3 is linked
to A3 which has a value of 1. The labels would be colored Yellow,
Green, and Red respectively. The chart is to graphically represent the
Risk status of various functions based on the standard stop light
principle of Green = No Risk, Yellow = Medium Risk, and Red = High
Risk. Is this possible or is this totally the wrong approach. I am
pretty new at doing this type of charting in excel.

Thanks.

JAM.xz6la (1)

Conditional formatting: If text or If date?
I have a spreadsheet that tracks reports. In a far right-hand column, I have a cell for when a re-write is submitted. I put an "X" in the cell when a re-write is needed, and the date submitted when it's turned in. I'd like to put some conditional formatting on the report number cell so it becomes one color if there's an "X" in the re-write cell, and another color if there's a date in the re-write cell. Is this possible? Ed Select report number cell Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition 1 to Formula Is Add a formula of =M1="X"...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Conditional Formatting Problem #7
Is there a way to make conditonal formatting work when there is a formula in the cell? Conditional foramtting works if there is no formula in the cell. If one sheet is linked to another that doesn't work either. Is there a way to get around this? Under conditonal formatting there is a conditon "formula is." What would you put in there to have the cell format they you would like? There are two different things: a) the cell, containing a cell formula, a value or nothing b) the condition, containing a boolean formula (formula is) - b) can refer to a), but a) referring to a...

Help with Charts
:confused -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I work in a Doctors surgery and I'm creating a Spread Sheet for select number of patients to monitor their blood results. I need about 30 charts on each patients sheet, To save me doing eac one seperately I have tryed to copy and paste them in to the nex patients details.... But all the charts refer to the previous patient details. Is there anyway of copying them so that they relate to th sheet they are copied in to? Thanx Alexandra Huckerby (fustrated and tired!! -- ~lexy -----------------...

Version info with condition
Hi Everyone, I have a project that needs to be compiled under two different names. I have a preprocessor _X_ for one and _Y_ for the other. The part where I'm having problems with is the Version information. I have two version information (VS_VERSION_INFO) one with _X_ in the condition property and one with _Y_ Well, with either build I don't get any version information in the exe. Any ideas? AliR. Have you defined _X_ or _Y_ in the "Resources" section of the project's properties? (Not just in the C/C++ section) On 15 feb, 18:14, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)"...

Overlapping bars within chart
Sample scenario: Let's say in each year, I have this many cats: 2010: 6 2011: 8 2012: 20 Out of those cats, let's say that the following number have been neutered: 2010: 1 2011: 4 2012: 18 Is there a way for me to create a form of bar chart that shows the total number of cats per year as a "background" bar, with the total number of neutered cats in each year as a skinnier "foreground" bar that is a different color and overlays the background bar? I just figured this out on my own. As an FYI to anyone else, here was my solution: 1. Plot the ...

Chart Title or Text Box Linked to cell & sheet
I need to create charts from data collected via a com port. As i stands, the data is written to sheet 1. Chart 1 is ready to plot dat as it is written. Once the data is complete, I copy sheet 1 and char 1. This results in sheet 1(2) and Chart 1(2). All references to shee 1 on the newly created chart 1(2) automatically changes to refer t sheet 1(2). This applies to data ranges, Chart Title, Axis names. When creating text boxes refering to sheet1!$A$1, the reference doe not automacially change to sheet 1(2)!$A$1. Can this be done? If not, can I create multiple chart titles? Any help o...

Timeline bar chart
Hello, I am trying to create a bar chart based on key dates in a project. There are 20 different part numbers, all with individual timelines. Some parts of the process take many days, some one, etc. I want a bar chart that signifys these key dates, as well as shows a bar running throught the course of each individual aspect (ie, 12/2 - 12/8). I am having trouble doing this with dates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- shane476 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shane476's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

Conditional Formatting #4
Hello All How would one go about conditional formatting Sheet 2 A1 if Sheet 1 A1 said TRUE ?? Thanks in advance Ian ...

Keep Pivot Table custom chart type
I'm creating a pivot table custom chart type "Line - Column on 2 Axes". The chart looks great when I create it. The problem is when the user does anything to the chart (filters the data, adds a new flield of data, etc.), the chart changes to where both data series are displayed as bar charts and the second axis is gone. I can't find an event that fires when they modify the chart, so I don't know that I can programatically change it back. Is there a way to keep it from changing in the first place? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks! Loss of formatting is a known prob...

Rotating a line chart?
Is it possible to rotate a line chart so it looks like a vertical chart rather than a horizontal chart? And if so, once it is rotated, can one still interact with the chart and it's data? Thank you. Visit Excel Tips and Cases http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/index.html and scroll down to 'Invert and rotate charts' The direct link http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/0201-chart%20invert%20and% 20rotate.pdf is almost certain to change in the near future. The above applies to a XY Scatter chart. Hopefully, you can use that instead of a line chart. -- Regards, Tusha...

Wrong colors keep printing when I use publisher. Why?
Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as green...why? How can I correct it? It is probably your printer driver. What version Publisher? Are other applications printing okay? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BA1976" <BA1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3DEE307-6C6C-4FF7-BAC4-CF816DB47C8B@microsoft.com... > Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as > green...why? How can I correct it? Thanks!...

excel 2003
Hi, how to change color in color palette (menu Tools - Options - Color) forever not only for one active sheet? (Excel 2003) Thank for your help Milan Hi - change the color palette in a new workbook - save this workbook as 'book.xlt' template in your Excel startup folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Petrasek wrote: > Hi, > > how to change color in color palette (menu Tools - Options - Color) > forever not only for one active sheet? (Excel 2003) > > Thank for your help > > Milan Thanks, but this procedure doesn't work correctly. I create...

Simple charting question
I don't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm trying to make a graph with Temperature (Celesius) as the X-axis and Baseball Speed (Km/hr) as the Y-axis. When I highlight the columns below and try to make a bar graph - 0 44.1 1 47 3 44.7 4 43.5 5 50.2 13 59.9 I get two series plotted or shown seperately. I would like to get one of the following: ...

Combining Stack bar and Line Charts
I'm trying to display 2 sets of data within the same chart; I want to display yr 1 data in a stacked bar format and yr 2 data in a line format. Both data sets would use the same axis; month and volume. I need to distinctively display each mo/yr together to show any increases or decreases in volume. Any suggestions you have are appreciated! -- tibor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tibor's Profile: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=156 View this thread: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1...

Add names to scatter plot chart
I have three columns of info in my excel spreadsheet. column 1 has names, column 2 has numbers and column 3 has numbers. I can create the scatter plot chart just fine, but what I am having a problem with is that I cannot get the names from column one to show next to the points on the scatter plot. How is this done? -- oberon.black ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oberon.black's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26732 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471758 I'm gu...

Chart
Chart - Title Widths Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title? ...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

combining charts from two spreadsheets
I hope someone can help me with this: I have two charts. The one thing these charts have in common are the addresses (the charts are from two different sources). On one chart, I will have monthly sales for the addresses. On another chart, I will have how much each location paid in expenses. I would like to combine these charts into one chart. The addresses on one chart will correspond to the addresses on the other chart and from their, I would like the other information to fall into place. Is this possible? Thanks for any help. this is totally out of the blue, but are you related to...

Bar chart with XY on secondary axis
I have four quarters of data that I display as a bar chart. I want to add additional data superimposed on each (XY) as a secondary axis. However, the XY coordinates are displayed on a single vertical axis in the center of the bars rather than on each related bar. Data: (BAR) 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr A 7.1 2.3 4.5 8.7 B 10.5 1.5 6.7 4.8 C 14.6 4.0 7.9 11.1 (XY) 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr A 25 55 67 ...

Creating multiple charts
I am new to creating charts etc in Excel. I am compiling all the accident information for my church and I would like to have charts linked to this data to give a visual presentation of all the statistics collected. Can anyone tell me in plane english how I do this from a single large spreadsheet which contains all the data. select the data you want to use for the chart, click on the chart wizard icon on the toolbar & follow the wizard. -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink ...

In charts, is it possible to change data references to relevant?
Ive created a basic bar chart, but the speadsheet in which the data is held is constantly being updated. This is ruining my graph as the data references are absolute. Is there a way of changing the source data references to relevant? ive tried "f4" when in the graph "Source data", "values" option, but this does not work. Ive tried deleting all of the $ from the data, but they apear again when the dialogue box is closed. Charts use absolute references. But you can also use a reference to a dynamic name: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html ...

labelling points in xy chart
I am using an XY chart as a simple map. The data are in three columns of a worksheet - X coordinate, Y coordinate and Point ID. On my chart I want to plot the points and have each labelled with the point ID. At the moment I can only make the labels show either the X coordinate value (if I select Show label in the Data Labels tab) or the Y coordinate value (if I select Show value). How can I automatically link the label text to the column with Point IDs? Grateful for any help. Hi have a look at the following add-ins which will do this for you as Excel does not support this automatica...

Extending Conditional Formatting in Excel 07
I think the way conditional formatting works is the biggest pain, it would be so much easier if there was a way of doing it through a seperate set a formulas, like 1 for values and 1 for cell properties. As that does not yet exist, is there any way of changing the color of a row based upon a value in a cell? Ex. I manage a list of rooms and would like it to be easy for my colleagues to view which rooms are vacant and which have maintenace/lost key issues, so there are basically 3 conditions: occupied (do nothing), vacant (highlight yellow), and work order (red). Any suggestion? Sure. Just s...

can i use COUNTIF with 2 conditions in excel 2000
respected sir, i want to use COUNTIF with two condition in excel (greater than 100000 but equal to 200000) i want to count the number of entries in the specified range. please help me =3DCOUNTIF(A1:A10,200000) On Jan 29, 11:59=A0am, jahangir <jahan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > respected sir, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 i want to use COUNTIF with two co= ndition in excel > (greater than 100000 but equal to 200000) i want to count the number of > entries in the specified range. please help me Hi =COUNTIF(A:A,>100000)-COU...