Pie Chart Color/Pattern

I have a pie chart with visual effect.  Management had requested that I
change the color to BW pattern cause they want to publish it in Black &
White.  Can it be done?  If so, how?

Thanks,
CJC
0
cjc1 (1)

Under file page setup, select the chart tab, select black and white and then
do a print preview
Excel will then change the default colors to black and white patterns that
are very distinguishable
from each other

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"cjc" <cjc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a pie chart with visual effect.  Management had requested that I
> change the color to BW pattern cause they want to publish it in Black &
> White.  Can it be done?  If so, how?
>
> Thanks,
> CJC

0
terre081 (3244)

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

population pyramids using bar charts with a secondary axis
I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However, I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have some suggestions. My organization has been producing reports that contain population pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to the point where we would like our charts to be available online for download....

formating color
hi i have a formating question. i have cells with number choices i them. for example the cell looks like this. 100, 105, 123, 041, 514, 455 now i want to go back and select one of these. i wanted to highligh the one that was chosen. but it will not let me. is there a way i ca do this? it will only allow me to highlight the entire cell, not jus parts of it. thank you in advanc -- RAPPE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

how can I show repeating values in a chart?
I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet? Thanks for the help Hi, You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and then chart the results. Cheers Andy Cindy wrote: > I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. > For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how > can I show that compared to the number 50 whi...

more symbols in chart
I need to chart an experiment data for 28 monkeys. I wanted to use a separate symbol for each monkey. I am limited to black and white only, so I can't use multiple colors. I am experimenting on changing white, black for back ground color, fore color, to make a distinct symbol for each monkey. Does any body know how do we get more symbols on the chart? Thanks in advance for any help, sheela Jon Peltier has instructions for Custom series markers: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html sheela wrote: > I need to chart an experiment data for 28 ...

Drop Down List for Chart
I have grouped my series into several groups. How do I display a drop down list including the groups which will dynamically identify which series to plot on the chart? For example: Group A = Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 Group B = Series 4, Series 5 Group C = Series 6 Drop down list includes values: "Group A", "Group B", "Group C" When Group A is selected within the drop down, Series 1, 2 and 3 are plotted on the chart. Do you mean you have to plot data, and have the chart move week to week? if so, easiest way is to use a hlookup/vlookup "savior1&quo...

Truncated "y" axis label in chart
:confused: Hi guys I have a problem with Excel, the label on the �Y� axis appears truncated even though I have resized the chart. Then, I looked the file in another computer with the same version of excel than mine as well as in another with a different version and in both look fine. Thus, I erased and re-installed excel in my computer to no avail. I have also re-sized the chart and used it both as object embedded and in separate sheet, it doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions to fix this problem? -- flakkortin -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How do I assign labels to scatter charts
Hi. I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual points. How do I do this? Many thanks in advance for your help. Tom Hi, Here is an explanation of how to link a chart text element to a cell. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm But if you have more than a couple of data labels to do you really need to use code. This free addin will do it for you. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy ThomasStudd wrote: > Hi. > > I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual > points. H...

3D Pie Chart
Hello all-I have created a 3-D pie chart in Excel and would like some of the pies to be thicker than others...raised higher, thicker, like have the same foundation but the ones I am discussing during the presentation to raise above the others not seperating from the pie. Does that make sense? I am using Excell 2007 but also have access to 2003 and the newest version. If anyone knows how to do this any help woould be so greatly apprecaited. THANKS! Hi, Excel is not designed to do that, maybe a simple alternative would be to explode the segment of the pie you want to emphasize. To e...

Scatter Charts #3
Hi, I am plotting a XY chart. I want that every point should be of different colour. Possibly I can define a range of 2 columns where column 1 contains the name for which the point is plotted and column 2 contains the colour for that point. I have seen this being done in one chart but that person is no longer available for help Please tell me how is it done Thanks Shilps Hi Shilps - Double click on the chart, and on the Options tab, check the Vary Colors by Point box. Now that you know where it's hidden, you'll become the resident expert! - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

Reprsent negative values in excel charts
Hi, Can someone help in how to reprsent the negative values in the chart and which is the best chart to represent it? What type of chart are you making? In a line, column, bar, XY, or area chart, the negative values are merely plotted on the other side of an axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "uha" <uha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166604B5-A331-4EE6-8010-D921C1EEA017@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can someone help in how to reprsent t...

Word 2007 Background Color PDF
I was finally able to get the background color to print. I'm using a 2-color fill, fading from one color to the other. When I do it, it doesn't fade an even color top to bottom. It goes dark to light then starts toward light agaoin before it cuts off. (I have the correct box selected). Then, when I save as a PDF, it gives me 5 sets of the faded lines. That is, light to dark to light to dark... etc. 5 times. How can I set that "scale" or get it corrected? Thanx JDC Page backgrounds are more concerned with web page creation, which does not support pages...

Conditional Formatting
I am using the below to auto change color if it meets the condition... =IF(F26>=0,IF(OR((F26)<=2,(F26)>=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)<=2.5,(F26)<=-1.5),"AMBER","RED")), IF(AND((F26)>=2,(F26)<=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)>=2.5,(F26)>=-1.5),"AMBER","RED"))) Any help is appreciated. -- J~ In 2003, when you set up a conditional format, you can choose one color for the condition. If you want to do something like what you are showing, you're going to need to use a Worksheet_Change event and code something ...

Money 2004: Error in Subtotals and Cash Flow Charts
On my Account List screen and in the charts on my Cash Flow screen, the subtotals for my checking, credit card, and investment accounts are shown as ridiculously large numbers (i.e. $268,991,640,696,311.71). When I check each account for beginning balances ($0) and all of the transactions in each account, I can't find anything that would be causing this. (The ending balances at the list of transactions in each account is correctly listed.) My currency is also correctly set to USD. Does anyone know where this huge number might be coming from? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money...

conditional format of data tables in charts
I've created a chart that is based on a data set where the cells have conditional formatting (if value a > value b then colour the cell red) I have the data table displayed with the chart (in chart options, 'show data table' is ticked), but the condtional formatting is not displayed in this table, i.e cells that are red in my original data set are not coloured in the chart table. Is there any way to apply the conditional format on the table displayed within the chart? Cheers Dan. Daniel, Unfortunately you can't apply conditional formating to data tables. However, yo...

Excel has stopped showing graphs on seperate chart tabs
All chart only worksheets appear as the vacant background (as if no file is open) yet the worksheet tabs are all visible. Charts embedded in a worksheet show OK. This applies to all files created or historic 97-2003 type files. What's causing it and what can I do? ...

Can a chart add data to a table?
Once I have created a chart, is it possible to use functions so that the chart's data is automatically inputted into a table I create? I know this seems to be a little backward, but any assistance/ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you. The chart's data already comes from a worksheet somewhere. Can't you use the original data? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ A little stuck wrote: > Once I have created a chart, is it possible to use functions so that the > chart's data is automatically inputted into a table...

chart "squaring"
I'm trying to "square" a chart... I mean: given 2 points (P1 and P2) with coordinates P1(x1,y1) and P2(x2,y2), I want set the vertical (y) distance between P2 and P1 equal to the horizontal distance between the points (on the monitor, in pixels). I start with a chart, and after drawing the chart (let's say with ..plotarea.width = k) I want resize it to fit my need. From a matematichal point of view, the problem is very simple. What I want is that: (y2-y1) -------- = 1 (x2-x1) So (y2-y1) = (x2-x1). Obviously you have to consider the value in pixel of both y2, y1 and x2,x...

Better display of my pie charts
Is there a way to get a better image of my pie charts? They are really stair stepped and when I put them in my Word Document of my report it looks less than professional. Is there a way to get excel to smooth the curves better? Thanks, Tom On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, tshad <tfs@dslextreme.com> said: >Is there a way to get a better image of my pie charts? > >They are really stair stepped and when I put them in my Word Document of my >report it looks less than professional. Is there a way to get excel to >smooth the curves better? So...

How do I measure area under a line chart drawn in Excel file?
Can anyone please let me know "How do I measure area under a line chart drawn in Excel file?" See examples on my website using Trapezoid & Simpson's Rule. Bernard www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips "kp" <kp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3BF4B4B-6030-45E1-B17E-50005FD9FBAB@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please let me know "How do I measure area under a line chart > drawn in Excel file?" I'm not aware of such a feature in the various chart menus, but you can calculate the area directly from the data used for th...

fill a color to a row
Hi, I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to color the row. lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6 thanx in advance formula = =$h1=1 -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "mns" <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1BB615E-FA14-4DDA-99AE-3CD7BD28D5FD@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel > to > c...

Changing color of list control
I am using a CListBox control in my application. I need to change the color of scroll bars and columns. I used SetBkColor function but it changes only the bakgrount text portion and not the scroll bars of the control. Can anyone guide me how to change the color of a scroll bar of a list control. Thanks and Regards Sumit T. Marwal "Sumit T. Marwal" wrote: > I am using a CListBox control in my application. I need to change the color > of scroll bars and columns. I used SetBkColor function but it changes only > the bakgrount text portion and not the scroll bars of the ...

Specify style and color of marker in chart
Hello -- User plans to plot no more than 8 data series, and Wants series marker to be a: - specified style("shape") (chosen from among 8 preferred shapes), and - solid color (chosen from among 8 preferred colors) Shape and color are arbitrarily assigned, depending on the sequence in which the series is plotted. Current code successfully plots the data, but does not assign marker style or color the way we want. Can someone tell me what is wrong with the following code? Function SeriesPlot( _ SeriesNum As Integer, _ SeriesName As String, _ RangeSeries As...

Default chart Title for Pivot Charts
Hi, I have a pivot table and i am creating a pivot chart of it. The problem is there is not title for the chart when it is created. I want to set a title to the chart before it is created. how can i achieve this? why does excel give a blank chart title when it is created? Expecting a positive reply Thanks Nagesh ...