PIe Chart #7

I have a Pie chart showing the Name and %.  The %
detailed due to rounding errors add up to 99% so Excel
2002 has added the 1% value to an individual slice.
However, it has been inconsistant in its approach and now
two seperate charts have the 1% added to different pieces
that should actually be the same value.  While not
dreadful it is causing a problem when dealing with
certain individuals.  How can I make it so that it deals
with it the same way?
Regards

Ginger
0
anonymous (74722)

Excel 2007 Chart in VB6 Program
I have another thread in the VB group and was told to post to these two groups so sorryfor the multi-post. Ill post there again just in case folks want to follow the thread. So I've had a Visual Basic 6 app (as an EXE) that has worked great for the last 9 years or so. Up until Excel 2003 I have had to make minimial changes for it to work properly. The app has an OLE control which acts as a container for many different external sources .In this control I embed an Excel workbook and display a chart sheet. I can interact with the workbook through the normal means of Excel programming objects...

how do I recover charts within an excel workbook?
The workbook had many charts that were previously visible. Now, upon opening the file, the charts are no longer visible. How to I reactivate them to appear? thanks ...

Problem with Asset Allocator pie charts
Everything "seems" to be working fine with Money 2005 Premium (after restarting the program multiple times). I'm having a problem with many of the pie charts. They do not show up at all. I upgraded from Money 2004. Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP Professional if that's of any help. Thanks, Patrick I've seen them going on a new file on Win XP Pro - do you get them on a new file, or do they not appear on both a new and old one? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Install App in Win 7
I have an application that was written in 1999. I want to run it on a Windows 7 X64 dual core machine. It doesn't install. Other than using a vm machine, how can install it and then run it? App runs fine in Win 7 x86. I looked at ACT v5.6 but it doesn't work for me. thanks David What is the mysterious programs name and what does it perform. Have you contacted the makers of said program and ask them if they an updated version for Vista and Win 7 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will...

Draw line in a chart
I have the following problem. I have a chart (date on x axis) on which I draw a line. How can I obtain the ending points of the line in order to compare, mathematically, their positions to corresponding values of chart at the same date? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements I'm sure your post makes perfect sense to you and might to other readers, but I am los...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

Grouping Pie Slices
Is there a way that I can select and group individual pie slices together? Hi, Jon shows away of doing this in his article. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 Cheers Andy beeemergyrl wrote: > Is there a way that I can select and group individual pie slices together? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

About FRx 6.7 for Great Plains 8.0
"Table Failed to Open" has been prompted after generating the report even I was using the sample provided. How could it be solved? Hi Alexis, This sounds like a connection problem with your database(s), maybe both the samples andd/or your live GP data. Are you able to quickly perform a "dump" of the chart of accounts in a new row format. Steps = New Row Format >> Edit >> Add Rows from chart of accounts You may also want to check your settings under: Company >> Information and confirm that your ODBC settings are correct ( or pervasive if you are ...

email charts
I have an excel workbook file containing many department sales charts that recieve data from a group of central data entry spreadsheets. Each department chart resides on its own sheet. Is there a way to email individual chart sheets (or snapshots of the chart sheet) to the respective departments without sending the entire parent file to all recipients? Thanks, Mnaut You could export the chart as a gif file, then email that file to the department. The following code creates a gif file from the active chart: '============================ Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filenam...

Pivot charts formatting
Hi, I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I want that changed formatting to be retained permanently. For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel falls back to its own colour coding. Any way to get around this? Many thanks in anticipation. Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate shee...

see chart from pushing button
how would I see a chart from pushing a button on the spreedsheet ? ...

pie-charting non-numeric data
I would like to chart and graph responses to a survey that are non-numeric in nature, such as a bar graph for "yes" and no" responses to a question. Or in particular a pie chart that shows how many people picked option "P" vs. "K", "J" or "N". For the pie chart I have a column of data cells, each containing one of the four letters. In short, how do I accomplish charting and/or graphing non-numeric responses? So you have a column of Yes/No or P/K or J/N? Construct a pivot table of this range, and you can produce counts of each value...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Switching x-axis & y-axis on line chart
I am working with a large data spreadsheet with year, number and currency data. My problem is when I extract data to create a standard line chart, the chart is defaulting to a specific x-axis and y-axis format with data related to each axis. For visualization purposes, I would prefer to have the data that is currently presented on the x-axis to instead be presented on the y-axis. And likewise, I would like the y-axis data be presented in the x-axis. However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this and the MS Excel Help menu does not seem to address this. Can anyone help? If ...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...

Windows 7 64 bit not releasing memory
I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with 8GB of memory. On two occasions, the memory has become so low that I have had to reboot. If I notice that I am getting low on memory, I quit programs and the memory that those programs were using are not released back to be reused. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks, Jes __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4645 (20091128) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com If a program is not coded correctly it may well hold the memory after the applic...

WMDC in Windows 7 Ultimate 05-17-10
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit version), and now I can't sync my HTC smartphone with my PC. Worked fine previously with Win 7 Home Premium, but now whenever I try and use/install Windows Mobile Device Centre, I get an error message saying WMDC can't be installed because one or more Windows components are missing. I've tried: restarting and reconnecting my smartphone rebooting my PC and reconnecting phone installing windows updates donwloading WMDC 6.1 and re-installing - all with same result where do I find the missing Windows components to make WMDC work? ...

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

personal income and expenditure chart
can anybody give me a personal income and expediture chart please Thanks Mike mikeyboy87 wrote: > can anybody give me a personal income and expediture chart please > Thanks Mike You can do this in Excel but why re-invent the wheel? Quicken or Money have far more tools and options. If money is an issue try checking ebay. I purchased Quicken 2004 for about $10 including shipping. It isn't the latest and greatest but it does what I need it to do. gls858 ...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

Chart drilldown to data
I have a client that has MS Excel 2000 bar charts made from worksheet data series. He wants to be able to click on a chart object such as a bar and have the source data come to the front. I have tried to put buttons over the chart but I can't change the button color to match the chart. I can change the chart bar to be the gray color of the button but that is not desirable. Is their a way to send the button to the back behind the chart and still get the button to respond to a click? Is there any way to turn a worksheet cell into a button? The only way I can see is to place a button ov...

Charting challenge/query
The following quote is posted on behalf of a client using Windows and Office 2003 Standard. Please email responses directly to me, too, since I do not read this group much. Any help/insight would be most appreciated. I'll do my best to relay any questions people have and bring back any answers to said questions. <quote> The Goal: In an effort to come up with a new way of looking at organizational structure, I employed Excel's 'Donut Chart' function. My goal was to have the head of the organization in the middle of the chart and then that person's direct re...

How to "freeze" chart & separate it from it's Data
I would like to produce a chart and then rearrange the data to produce a separate chart. Is there a way of separating a chart from it's data so that I can take the data and after rearrangement, produce another chart? Hi, Here is some information on how to de-link chart and data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Rooky228" <Rooky228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B519787-DF2D-4C1C-B941-DBC1FD054184@microsoft.com... >I would like to produce a c...