percentages in an excel pie chart

How do I manually enter percentages into an excel pie chart.  I already have
the percentage values from a history project and now I need to enter them
into a pie chart for a visual.
0
Alexis (46)

You don't need to enter percentages. Just plot the data. Excel calculates the
percentages for each element relative to the sum of all data. Example:

A1 =  1    Pie chart returns: 2%
A2 =  5    Pie chart returns: 12%
A3 =  5    Pie chart returns: 12%
A4 =  5    Pie chart returns: 12%
A5 =  25    Pie chart returns: 62%

Note that Excel rounds the percentage values.

Regards,
Greg

"Alexis" wrote:

> How do I manually enter percentages into an excel pie chart.  I already have
> the percentage values from a history project and now I need to enter them
> into a pie chart for a visual.
0
GregWilson (42)

How to select series in chart?

number rounding in MS Excel

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003