password protected file with pivot table errors

Hey friends,

We have a big problem, around 20% of the times we save workbooks with pivot
tables inside and protect them with password for opening the file - the file
get ruined!

In those times, when we open the file (the password protected file with the
tables inside), excel ask me for the pass (ok, I give it) and then say "file
opening did not succeeded", and then let me type again, in the second time it
opens but give a message saying "there where errors in the file, and changes
where made:" (and then a list of my pivot tables saying that fixes made to
them).

From now on, the pivot tables are just values, no more dynamic, unchangeable!

It is very frustrating, and Microsoft in my country (Israel) although they
where very nice, say that they don't know about it...

Please help

Thank you very much, and have a great week,

Tal

MS Money 95 data files

Inserting form values into a table

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Where is the workspace file stored?

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

cant start outlook pst file to large

error 0x800cc0f

opening .bak file

Trying to read XML file into dataset

error on upgrade: ID 4386

DNS Error on Exchange

Error After Customizing 'Accounts' Form
Hello. Earlier today, I created an onSave event along with some other customizations for a tab in the 'Accounts' form. After becoming comfortable with my changes, I published the form and tested with a small Account that we do not access much. One of my fields was planned to be read-only, but I had it writable for a test. When I typed a value into the field and saved, I received an error and I can no longer open the specific account. I found the problem with the custom field and fixed it. However, I am still unable to open that one account. Here is the error I received: ...

Installation Error Message
I am attemting to install CRM4 or W2003 server running SQL 2008. I get the following message: Setup requires SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 Hotfix for role creation on SQL Reporting Service SP2 Workgroup edition at the specified Reporting Services Report Server http://XXXXX/reportserver. It is asking for SQL2005 hotfix yet I am running SQl2008. Any suggestions? ...

Weighted Average Calculations for Pivot Tables
How does one implement weighted averages in pivot tables. Assume Bonds Interest Rate 100,000 .06 200,000 .04 800,000 .10 Weighted Average Interest Rate is .0927 (I normally do this using sumproduct(col a,col b)/sum(col a) I would like to be able to perform this in a pivot table with the weighted average calc being a grand total. You can see how this can be useful and expanded once the basics are found. Any ideas. ffrazz ...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

Recording Macro Error Message
While recording the macro, I access the cell I need the formula in and write the formula. After writing the formula and hitting ENTER, I receive a microsoft GUI with "Unable To Record", and ackknowledge the GUI by hitting OK. The forluma is written to the cell - all even has the desired result/calculation. When I access the code, the navigation within the worksheet is listed in the code, but the furmula is not listed. I tried exiting the file and trying a second time, yet the same results. How do I "reset" the macro recorder to again begin to record all as...

set default record to a table
I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible? Maybe this is a matter of terminology... In Access, data is stored in tables. Each table has it's own records (collections of related data). When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look at the same data (i.e., table)? Next, why? What is it about ...