password protected file with pivot table errors

Hey friends,

We have a big problem, around 20% of the times we save workbooks with pivot
tables inside and protect them with password for opening the file - the file
get ruined!

In those times, when we open the file (the password protected file with the
tables inside), excel ask me for the pass (ok, I give it) and then say "file
opening did not succeeded", and then let me type again, in the second time it
opens but give a message saying "there where errors in the file, and changes
where made:" (and then a list of my pivot tables saying that fixes made to
them).

From now on, the pivot tables are just values, no more dynamic, unchangeable!

It is very frustrating, and Microsoft in my country (Israel) although they
where very nice, say that they don't know about it...

Please help

Thank you very much, and have a great week,

Tal

Maximum file sizes

find action on log file

File size #11

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

Linking files 2 ways

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Error 550 Relaying denied

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

Pivot Table Question #5

Error 130

Object pivot point
Is there a way to change the point at which an object will rotate? Or will it always rotate about the center? For instance, I would like a square to rotate about each corner. Thanks, Dave B You really need to invest in a drawing program. Serif has a free offering, DrawPlus 4. If you want the full feature version 6 it is $10.00. I use CorelDraw, it is simply a matter of moving the pivot point to the corner. I can't be sure Serif has this feature. I do know Publisher does not. You can use ruler guides to place your object and use the "format autoshape" to control the amount ...

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

form fields not saving to table