Overlapping Charts

I want to create an area chart and a bar chart together in one chart.  Can it
be done?
0
malewis48 (1)

create the chart using all the data and then right click on the data you want
to be a bar chart and change the chart type
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"malewis48" wrote:

> I want to create an area chart and a bar chart together in one chart.  Can it
> be done?
0
John1063 (943)

how to creation of flow charts?
please advise on process to create flowcharts in publisher... thank you "david gilbert" <david gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18A47D8F-99E1-48C6-8E9B-6FE2F5C552B6@microsoft.com... > please advise on process to create flowcharts in publisher... > > thank you If you don't have the Objects toolbar showing, right click on the toolbar and check it. Then click on Autoshapes and in the drop down list choose Flow Charts... Have fun. On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:45:04 -0800, "david gilbert" <david gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com...

simple bar and line chart
I have data that looks like this Delivered % HTML Opens % Click % delivered Monday 89.3% 13.7% 1.8% 5,884,287.00 Tuesday 89.2% 12.2% 1.5% 15,885,832.00 Wednesday 89.4% 12.0% 1.6% 17,088,488.00 Thursday 89.1% 13.2% 1.8% 14,042,377.00 Friday 89.5% 13.3% 0.0% 5,647,584.00 Saturday 92.3% 0.00 0.00 30,005.00 Sunday 89.2% 0.00 0.00 29,958.00 89.3% 12.7% 1.7% 58,608,531.00 I want to create a bar chart listing by day delivered, open and ctr as a bar chart and than the delivered volume as a line graph> Can you help? Thanks. Betsy Hi, It's pretty easy in ...

Is it possible to plot this kind of data in a (line) chart w/ preferred axis? How?
How would I plot this data in a line chart? (MS Excel 03) (Samples below should be viewed in non-proportional font or formatting will not be clear) Raw data (below): A B C D E 0 @ 1000 0 @ 1000 0 @ 1060 0 @ 865 0 @ 1200 10 @ 1700 10 @ 1700 2 @ 1340 2 @ 1325 2 @ 1460 na na 17 @ 2400 11 @ 2400 12 @ 2200 26 @ 5000 26 @ 5000 24 @ 4800 18 @ 4200 20 @ 5000 The catch is I need to have the 2nd # be the X axis (0...6000). I can put the data in the spreadsheet something like this and tell it to ignore empty values (...

Moving a chart form Excel 2003 to Word 2003?
I anyone help move a chart from Excel 2003 to Word 2003. The only way I know is to press print-screen, copy in paint, crop, copy and paste in Word. Please let me know. Thank you! Hi, Select the chart and then whilst holding the shift key use the menu Edit. A new option Copy Picture should be available. Use this to copy the chart and then go to word and paste. Cheers Andy Amarjeet wrote: > I anyone help move a chart from Excel 2003 to Word 2003. The only way I know > is to press print-screen, copy in paint, crop, copy and paste in Word. Please > let me know. Thank you! -- ...

chart gaps
i'm looking for a function that i can use to put gaps in my chart w/ having to leave the cell empty. currently, the formula i have in eac cell is =IF(B6>B5,B6,NA()). my problem is, when i make the chart Excel simply doesn't show a plot point at that point and draws the lin to the next point in which a cell shows a value instead of "#N/A". want it to not draw the line, but leave a gap and only plot the poin as if i had left the cell blank. is this possible? thanks much, stephe -- medicenpringle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Moving Average (Charts)
* Sorry this has been posted in the "General Questions" forum but have placed it in the incorrect area. Morning All, Now I'm not sure if there’s a simple answer here but I sure don't know it!! Here’s the layout of my question... Col A Jan 1 Jan 2 Jan 3 ..... Jan 16 ..... Jan 31 Col B 0% (In line with Jan 1) 2% (Jan 2) 4% (Jan 3) ..... 27% (Jan 16) ..... 45% (Jan 31) So what I have above is a few % points against a handful of days across a month. I've plotted these points in a graph and created a "moving average" line, this works great but I need those...

How to update the chart automatically
Hi, I have many charts and I am currently doing a very tedious task. There are so many charts and each month, when the source data has been updated, I have to go to the charts to manually drag to the new period. Is there a way to update the chart automatically. I have different types of charts, some are line, bar and charts using 2 Y-axises. Can someone advise. Thank you. Jon Peltier has instructions for creating dynamic charts: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html freger wrote: > I have many charts and I am currently doing a very tedious > task...

Bubble Charts in Excel
I am trying to map the position of plants using X and Y coordinates and the area cover by each plant using the diameter in a bubble chart of Excel, but the graphs look unrealistic. I would like to know what is the equation Excel uses to calculate the size (area) of each point in the bubble charts so that I can adjust my size parameter. Thank you so much, Juan As I understand it, the bubble sizes are relative sizes. If you want the data to be smaller, you'll have to put in a data point with a "large" bubble size that you can make invisible. This will rescale the bubble ...

Excel Chart Contours should be smooth as done in surveying
Excel Chart Contours should be smooth as done in surveying. The countours plotted are very coarse and with lot of kinks. In actual survery contour plotting based on levels at regular grids, contours are plotted smoothly and represent physical features of ground. Excel has to use some kind of interpolating algorithm and draw the contours. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

excel chart view
sized with window command on view menu doesn't work In article <ee8c9ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, 08user@officeformac.com wrote: > sized with window command on view menu doesn't work What does "menu doesn't work" mean? What happens when you try it? On Feb 8, 4:51=A0am, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimp...@mvps.org> wrote: > In article <ee8c9ae...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, > > =A008u...@officeformac.com wrote: > > sized with window command on view menu doesn't work > > What does "menu doesn't work" mean? > > W...

improved chart in Excel
Good day, I am looking for a way to create bar charts in Excel where the width of the bar can be varied according to a variable. For example the Y axis would show Exports Per Capita for a number of cvountries, the X axis would give the Population of each country shown. Thus the area of each bar (or column) would give total Exports. Any tips would be appreciated. Bonsour=C2=AE Dion avec ferveur ;o))) vous nous disiez :=20 > Good day, I am looking for a way to create bar charts in Excel where > the width of the bar can be varied according to a variable. >=20 > For example ...

Subtotal charting
I have hundreds of entries in an inventory spreadsheet. I subtotaled the entries to give me a total cost for each item for the month. Now I want to create a chart of the subtotals but when making the chart, the computer selects every entry instead of just the subtotal entries. I tried hiding the other entries but it still selects them. Is there any easy way to select the subtotals to make the chart from? Rico Did you use the Data>Subtotals command to create the subtotals? If so, you can use the outline buttons at the left of the worksheet, to display only the subtotals. Then, s...

Real Time Charting
I'd like to update an excel chart in real time with data from a production line. I can have data available at an OPC server and wondered if I could have excel to get data directly from the OPC server. We are using excel 2003 and I see that it has the facility for RTD and can retrieve data from a COM automation server. Is an OPC server the same as a COM automation server, or would I need to get an automation server to read from the OPC server? What is the best way of getting real time data from an OPC server into excel in real time? You can probably gather that I'm not that exp...

Bubble Chart
Hi, In a bubble chart what does the value of the third varaible represent? Is it the bubble size (like the bubble radius)? Thanks. [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Sachin Tendulkar. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] Either area or width (I assume that means diameter). Double-click the bubble chart series, select the Options tab, then select an option in the 'Size represents' section. -- Trouble finding replies to your posts? Use a newsreader. See the tutorial 'Outlook Express and Newsgroups' on my ...

Excel 2007 Chart Layout and Styles
Is it possible to modify the given chart layouts and styles in excel 2007 or to create new ones? thank you. ...

Chart text
Surrounding the legend text and my Y-axis title, is white. My background is a gradient colour so I want the text displayed just in black but when I print it, all the text areas are filled with white. I have changed the pattern to Area - None and nothing happens when I assumed it would become transparent to the background colour. Please help - this looks awful with a coloured background on my chart. Deborah Hi Deborah, One thing you could try is setting the Font Background to transparent. This is on the Format dialog under the Font tab. There again this maybe a print driver issue. C...

Pivot table charting
Hi All, I suspect i'm asking to much of the pivot table charting abilities in Excel but here goes. I have created a pivot table from which there is data i want to chart and data i'd like to display just in a tabular format. I found out about the Data table functionality which is something i believe i can make use of to get this tabular out put in the chart area. The problem is that i only want to display one column from the pivottable as a chart series, the other 2 (its always a 3 column layout) i want to siplay in the data table. Is there any way in Excel 2007 that i can do ...

Using Vlookup in chart form
I have a spreadsheet project for my computer class....and I need help on using Vlookup on a chart. The Chart is as follows: Credit Score Area Code 300 400 500 114 3% 4% 5% 113 112 You get the idea....anyways, basically what I'm trying to do is get the %(which will be a discount %) that matches the credit score and area code. I know I need to use Vlookup, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Do i need to use more than one lookup formula all in one??? ...

db design to calculate overlap in group membership in time
Hi all, I am a biologist studying the social structure of birds. I am currently brainstorming ideas for constructing a database that will allow me to easily calculate the number of seconds that one bird is in the same group as another bird. Because group membership changes frequently with birds arriving and departing at different times, and often arriving, departing, and re-arriving on the scale of seconds, I will have many thousands of records. I am trying to determine how to best set up this database before entering all the data. I have 2 goals with this database: 1) I need to f...

organisation chart
Does anybody have any suggestions how I can create an organisation chart that is created dynamically from content in excel cells. The template ms offer does not suit as I have too much data to try and build the thing manually and maintaining it would be even more onerous. I can use excel, powerpoint, vision or access to build the solution if anybody can indicate how i could go about it. Thanks in advance, Alan ...

Change Font Size on Multiple Charts at the same time
Hi, I have about 60 charts in a workbook and would like to change all of the font sizes - title, axis, labels to a different font size. Is there a way to do this with a macro? I also have some text boxes placed on the charts and would like to change them as well. Thanks! This macro should change the font sizes in the chart area and textboxes: Sub Resize_Fonts() Dim Sht As Worksheet Dim Cht As ChartObject For Each Sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets For Each cht In Sht.ChartObjects Cht.Chart.ChartArea.Font.Size = 10 Next cht Next Sht End Sub ------...

scales on surface / contour charts
Is there any way to get non-uniform x and y axes on a surface (or contour) chart ? Kind Regards, Dave Excel's surface charts treat the x and y values as 'categories' not numbers So they are like Line charts not like XY charts best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Fubardave" <Fubardave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23152EE6-8813-4BE9-A588-A933A8ADFAC7@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to get non-uniform x and y axes on a surface (or contour) > chart ? > > Kin...

Excel Chart #2
I am developing a chart on Excel. I have two columns with numbers. A third column has a formula to average the two numbers. I want to graph the average. Problem is my graph looks bad. If I enter the two numbers, they are averaged in the third column and graphed correctly. The problem is Excel interprets rows that have not been entered as zero and graphs them as zero. I would like rows that have not yet have data entered into them to be treated as if there is no data and thus not be graphed. Hope someone can help me? I need this for a project I working on to graph the pH of ...

Building chart trouble
Hi, I'm developing an application with Access and I have been stopped because I need some data to be send to Excel and make a chart.I just can't figure out how to do it. I already tried Access newsgroup with no luck. I'm sending to Excel data that corresponds to some measurements done in some equipment. Problem 1. I don't know how many measurements I will get. Problem 2. I don't know the number of equipments that will be tested. I'll show you an example, until know what I'm getting in Excel looks like this: PRODUCT READING VALUE REM...

Creating a chart from a list
In Excel 2003, I created a list with "Data/List/Create List." I want the chart I create to be able to update as I add additional rows at the bottom (row 750.) I have been unable to use the chart wizard to create a chart of column q550:q750 with b550:b750 as the X-axis, since column B contains dates. Thanks in advance, CMA Select cells B550:B750, then hold the Ctrl key, and select Q550:Q750 Start the chart wizard, and create a chart with the options you want As you add new rows to the list, they should automatically appear in the chart. cmar wrote: >...