Offsetting x axis chart labels

Please help - I'm really stuck with an approaching deadline...

I'm doing a column chart with negative and positive bars, with the
axis crossing at 0. My x axis labels need to be far enough down fro
the columns so that they don't overlap the negative ones, but th
offset feature only goes up to 1000 and this isn't enough. I've trie
hardcoding spaces into the source cells for the labels to offset the
further but although it works fine on screen and aligns the tex
perfectly, in print preview and when actually printing the labels don'
stay put.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

zo

Hi Zoe,

Select the X axis and press CTRL+1 in order to display the format
dialog. On the Patterns tab you can set the Tick Mark Labels to Low.

--

Cheers
Andy

http://www.andypope.info

0
andy9699 (3616)

How do I create mailing labels in excel 2007?
I am using Microsoft office/excel 2007, vista2007. I just learned the excel for 2002, I thought there would be a way for me to transfer these information but I do not see how. How can I use the data on my excel to create mailing labels? You would want to do you mail merge in Word. Just use your address list in Excel as the data source. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318117/en-us How to use addresses from an Excel worksheet to create labels in Word "fireroute" wrote: > I am using Microsoft office/excel 2007, vista2007. I just learned the excel > for 2002, I thought the...

How do you Populate labels from a sqlDataReader in a separate clas
My web has a record cover. When users enters the ID, the record cover opens. The cover gets its data from a database. If I did all of the work in my web site I could use: Label1.text = getOrdinal("..."); But I want a class method that is generic. How would I do that? Could I assign the ordinal to a session? Then assign the session to Label1? Session["toMyLabel"] = getOrdinal("..."); ??? Before anyone ask "why would I do that, I'm trying to figureout how to get the data from my class to my web site. "bthumber" <bthumber...

Gantt Chart issue.
I have had a number of users complain that they make customizations to their Gantt charts (color coding, text and drawings) and from time to time their customizations seem to disappear after a save and publish. Is this an issue? has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a fix? Sorry forgot to mention, MSPS 2007 SP2... "Eric_H" wrote: > I have had a number of users complain that they make customizations to their > Gantt charts (color coding, text and drawings) and from time to time their > customizations seem to disappear after a save and publish....

Macro to change position of chart labels on line chart
Hello all, I have quite a trickly problem to solve and I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a dashboard page in a worksheet which shows financial KPIs (i.e. sales) as forecast this year versus last year. There are a number of line charts on the dashboard showing the differing forecasts; the user of the dashboard can choose a business unit to view. What I would like to be able to do is to have the chart labels for these charts automatically change their aligmnent so that they display properly. I have set the chart labels to display "Above" for the new forecast and "Bel...

Placing Clip Art on Labels Problem
I am using W XP and Word 2003. I want to print a page of labels with my return address to use on my Christmas cards. I would like to add a piece of Christmas clip art to the labels. I went to Word help and found the text below that is within the 2 solid lines. When I am on the Envelopes and Labels > Label screen and have entered my address and formatted it I am unable to click on the Insert Menu to get to the Picture option. I have found that while on the Labels screen if I select New Document I will then get a whole page of the labels with my address information in them. I can th...

Naming a chart object #2
This has got to be simple but I can't find it... I'm using vba to create several charts as objects (as opposed to on their own page). I want to refer to them later, so I want to give them meaningful names - how do I name them something other than the default "Chart 1", "Chart 2" etc? Thanks! Jeff, To get the current name of the chart, activate it by clicking on it once and run this macro: Sub GetName() MsgBox "The chart name is: " & ActiveChart.Parent.Name End Sub To rename the chart, activate it and run this macro (substitute Chart2 with ...

Needing to re-order a datatable display on an Excel chart
I have a chart in Excel with two Y axes. One Y axis is percentages, the other is integers. The Chart itself uses a Column Chart Type for the Percentages and a Line Chart Type for the Integers (I only have dataset for the integers). There are six sets of data that are being graphed (for simplicity we will just refer to them as Series 1-6). Series 1 is on the Secondary Axis (Integer, thus the line chart) and the others are all on the Primary Axis (Percentages, thus the column chart). The datatable that Excel shows has Series 1 at the bottom of the table. Is there a way to get it at th...

Problem X.400 in exchange 5.5
Hi, One of my Mailboxes lost de X.400 configuration, but when I go on properties and try to put it by my self, the Exchange administrator returns the follwing error: this e-mail address is not valid. To view details of the error, see th application event log in windows NT event Viewer on Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Microsoft Exchange Administrator ID no: c10312e6 Someone knows what happen? are you adding it properly? do you have at least a "space" in the ADMD field? "Ferdina" <Ferdina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A4D0AE7-9EA2...

Charting data against dates where dates are not at fixed intervals
I have several data points that are the result of a pivot-table and I'm trying to plot them in a pivot-chart (I can easily get them out of the pivot table if the graph format is not supported for pivot-charts). Here's an example of the data: 2005/01/15 2005/02/22 2005/03/18 2005/05/20 X 16 18 22 12 Y 4 6 3 2 Z 14 19 12 34 What I'd like to do is plot the data (preferably on a line chart) such that ...

Fooling Excel on Time Series Charts
I have lots of data based on weekly results, and would like to chart this data by week. When I create bar charts from this data **without** the dates on the x-axis, the charts are nicely spaced and look like a normal bar chart. However, when I add the dates as the x-axis labels, Excel converts it to a time series chart, and the scale changes. Instead of maybe 8-10 nicely sized bars with reasonable gaps, I now have very narrow bars spread by large gaps. I know I can change the options to increase the bar size and reduce the gap, but at best it doesn't come close to the non-time s...

Charts/ Graphs information from more then one worksheet
Well I´m starting to get deeper and deeper into things that I do not understand :) I have Excel worksheets for every month, each with the name of the corresponding month. What I need to know is if its possible to take information from all the worksheets of every month and put these into a chart or graph so we could track the progress of a sertain person. to be more specific. Example of John Month of May (May.xls) Week1 (numbers) John (#) (#) (#) (#) (all are in the same row as john) Week2 (numbers) Week3 " Week4 " Then we have Month of June(June.xls) and all...

Showing only % of group in Pivot Chart
Hi, In a Pivot Table, I'm using a field named "CBU" in my row area, which has item values of "HP" and "AC". In my column area, I'm using a date period. The data area has quantity, which I've converted to show % of row, which naturally gives me the percent breakdown that AC and HP represent out of the total. My problem is, in an associated Pivot Chart, I only want to see the percent of total that HP represents - I don't want to see AC. My reason for this is that I'd like to see this HP percent of total by another attribute - a "CHANNEL...

Re: Charting Distribution with Skewness
I have some sales data that I am looking to chart based on it's distribution. Using the NORMDIST function I was able to construct a normal distribution chart for the mean and StDev of the data - however how can I chart the data if it has a positive skew? ie: Mean of 10, StDev of 5, and a Skewness of 1.28. I would like to create a distribution curve based on those parameters. Thank you! Hi, The NORMDIST function does not support a skewness option. Excel has a SKEW function but it only calculates the skew of your data, it doesn't apply the skew to a distribution. So in other wo...

text label on scale
I have a combination area/ column chart. I would like to have part of my scale in text form - part numeric. Is there a way to do this? I've looked at appspro.com and no luck so far and the XY labeler doesn't offer the option. I could be missing the obvious though... Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Cheers Andy Maureen D. wrote: > I have a combination area/ column chart. I would like to have part of my > scale in text form - part numeric. Is there a way to do this? I've looked > at appspro.c...

Do not show blank cells as 0 in chart
I have a spreadsheet with a two columns, one for expected enrolment numbers and the first column of actual enrolments. For April we expect 90, so have a blank cell to the right for actual. This is showing a line from the March enrolment of 3 down to 0. How do I get the line to stop at 3 until I put a figure in for April? Excel lets you choose how you can plot empty cells. As zeros, not plotted or interpolated. To make your choice, select your chart, go to Tools > Options > Charts and select the Not Plotted option button for empty cells. ....Kelly koday@processtrends.com &...

Word labels indention
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Lately if I try to create a label, with four lines for example, and <br> indent each line two spaces, I can do it with the first two lines, sometimes <br> the third, but never the fourth. I must have goofed up. Please advise. No offense, but your main 'goof up' comes from thinking that pressing the spacebar crates an indent. It doesn't, and even if the 'spaces' were present the alignment would be irregular because the same amount of space is not created each time the spacebar is pressed. In order to get an e...

Chart colors change when opening 2003 in 2007
I have powerpoint 2007. I just recieved a a prensentation in 2003 from a client that I need to edit. When I open a chart object to change data, the colors in the chart change. I've tried "saving as" a 2003 and that doesn't help. Any ideas on how to retain orginal colors? Thanks. Hm. I responded to this on the .answers forum a little while ago. Didn't notice it here then. I think http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00872.htm should help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoi...

adding a data series to a chart with variable inputs.
I recorded a macro to make a chart, and wanted to replace some of the series with variables. Here is the part that I get the error on: "advanced homeland securityact" is the name of the tab the data is on and chrt is a variable for the row. ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = _ "='Advanced Homeland Securityact'!R1C9:R1C20" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = _ "='Advanced Homeland Securityact'!" & Range(Cells(chrt, 9), Cells(chrt, 20)) ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Name = "="&quo...

Office 07 Excel chart title position
I want my chart title to be positioned above the chart /plot area, can't do it. "above the chart" does not position the title above the chart, it leaves exactly where "centered overlay title" put it. Help please (& thank you) An option would be to use worksheet cells to add your title rather than using the chart itself. Using worksheet cells positioned directly over the top of your chart would allow you to control the title location as well as expand the area available for the plot. -- John Mansfield cellmatrix.net "Eve Allen" wrote: > I w...

"X" Axis in Excel Charts
Using Excel 2000 in a Windows 2000 O/S, is it possible to move the "X" axis fromthe bottom of the chart to the top? Thank you. -- LPS Hi, To move the labels to the top double click the x-axis and on the Patterns tab select "Tick Mark Labels" High. Cheers Andy LPS wrote: > Using Excel 2000 in a Windows 2000 O/S, is it possible to move the "X" axis > fromthe bottom of the chart to the top? > > Thank you. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy. Thank you for your suggestion. So only the labels can moved, not ...

related to PIE charts N BAR charts
hello everyone, i am using office 2007... actually i have drawn some PIE charts and BAR charts with almost seven variable each.. they are looking good in colors.. however i want the black n white printout .. which is not giving the clear on the percentage in graphs.. is there any way to feed the PATTERNS in graphs for black n white picture.. like in books we have seen those things.. Hi, If what you are asking is can you apply Patterns to charts as in 2003 and earlier, the answer is no - that feature has been removed. I suggest that you TRY a gradient fill instead and see if that meets your...

Find Avery Label setup in Publisher 2002
I'm trying to create Business cards. Help! http://www.avery.com for more info on business card creation and access to a free program that makes the task mindlessly simple.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "B Crews" <B Crews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B784A88-15A9-4E36-9519-5B0F8B88C983@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create Business cards. Help! Need help with what? It's not a tough thing to do. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "B Crews" <B Crews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

charts #11
I inherited a multipage workbook with data and charts. Many of the charts do not allow me to access the chart options (data source, formatting, etc.). They are not protected, but the chart options simply are not available (the menu bar does not change from worksheet options to chart options). How do I gain access to modify the charts? There is a good chance that these are not really charts but pictures of charts. A lot of people will copy a chart as a picture and paste it in the page so that they have a record of what they saw. also it someone is reorganizing the data the charts d...

Chart formate changing when saved
I have over ten different charts that I copy into a report out workbook at then end of each month. The normal stuff Date, goal, actual. the data format is set for % so the the 0.15 will show up on the chart as 15% when I save it. When my boss opens the chart it show up as 0.15 again. How do I make it keep the format I created it in?? The Date does the same thing but only on some of the charts. Starts as a date (month-yr) then it changes to 12345 general number. If you're copying the charts into a report, I would suggest copying the charts as pictures to insure nothing cha...

Print Chart Across Multiple Pages
I have a 30K record engineering data that is plotted into a single chart, like the stripchart recorders of old. I want to print out the chart across multiple pages (probably around 20) in order to maintain the visual resolution. I can get either the first page with 19 blank pages (just 2 horizontal lines) or a single page with all the chart data squashed together. I've tried the typical page and print setup options to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Hi Bruce - I suppose you could stretch your chart out so it's 20 pages wide (or tall) on a worksheet. I woul...