Not plotting blank cells in a chart.

I am trying to show a plotted line graph in Excel.  If I have example data in
cells A1 – A5, and then make a plotted line graph from source data A1-A80.  I
would like the graph to ONLY show the data plotted in A1-A5, until I add data
in A6.  Once I add data in A6, A7, A8, etc, I would like the graph to only
plot the data that has values filled in the cells.  Right now if I have
source data from A1-A80, and actual values only in A1-A5, it will plot the
values in A1-A5, and then my line goes to 0 for A6-A80.  I am looking to have
the graph only chart the cells with values in them.  I am looking for a way
to do this without changing the source data each time I add new data to a
cell.  Any help????
0
Shoes (2)

See Dynamic Charts
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
specifically, example 1.

--=20
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <F9E367FB-CBB7-45A0-B4DE-32BB65F39D29@microsoft.com>, =3D?Utf-
8?B?TW9ua2V5IFNob2Vz?=3D <Monkey Shoes@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> I am trying to show a plotted line graph in Excel.  If I have example dat=
a in=20
> cells A1 =E2=A4=3D3F A5, and then make a plotted line graph from source d=
ata A1-A80.  I=20
> would like the graph to ONLY show the data plotted in A1-A5, until I add =
data=20
> in A6.  Once I add data in A6, A7, A8, etc, I would like the graph to onl=
y=20
> plot the data that has values filled in the cells.  Right now if I have=
=20
> source data from A1-A80, and actual values only in A1-A5, it will plot th=
e=20
> values in A1-A5, and then my line goes to 0 for A6-A80.  I am looking to =
have=20
> the graph only chart the cells with values in them.  I am looking for a w=
ay=20
> to do this without changing the source data each time I add new data to a=
=20
> cell.  Any help????
>=20

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Queries and Charts

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

Automatic changes in cells

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Zero to appear as blank
I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) Thnx Prakash..... =if(a10="","",if(vlookup(a10,detail,2)=0,"",vlookup(a10,detail,2))) Prakash wrote: > > I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. > > =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) > > Thnx > Prakash..... -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com In addition to modifying your formula as Dave suggeste...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...