not able to link chart points from same series

I'm working on a chart that pull information from several pages.
Tha table is able to plot information correctly in the graph but I can't
seem to link the dots on the chart with a line.
Everytime I try a linear chart or a scatered chart with smoth lines, the
lines start from the x axis and reach the dot rather than connecting dots
from the same series.

If the points are not in the same series (i.e., the data source is from
different sheets, not a single summary sheet), you will never link them. If
you have gaps, true actual blanks (not a formula hiding behind ""), you can
do Tools menu > Options > Chart tab, and change treatment of blanks to
Interpolate. If you have formulas returning "" for missing values, remember
that "" is text, which Excel thinks has a value of 0. Change "" to NA(), and
use conditional formatting to hide the #N/A error displayed in the cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"d_campelo@hotmail.com" <dcampelohotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:B915991A-DB5B-44B2-94A4-85A80F98F222@microsoft.com...
> I'm working on a chart that pull information from several pages.
> Tha table is able to plot information correctly in the graph but I can't
> seem to link the dots on the chart with a line.
> Everytime I try a linear chart or a scatered chart with smoth lines, the
> lines start from the x axis and reach the dot rather than connecting dots
> from the same series.

jonxlmvpNO (4558)

fix the customer source download link so upgrades are available
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a426913e-51cc-4027-8e92-02717367b6bc&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains Found the updates for Customers at the following l...

How to select & modify chart elements without having to double-click on them
Hi there, I have created a chart with a secondary y-axis. I have unchecked the y-axis's tickboxes and so on so that it is effectively hidden. The problem is when I want to select it again in order to change the scale setting (for example) I can't find it. So even if I hover in that area with my mouse, Excel does not identify it, making it impossible to double-click to format the axis. I find this happens when to chart becomes complex/busy, making it difficult to select elements with the mouse. So my question is this - is there another way to select chart elements, in stead of using the...

A series created with data in two workbooks
Is this even possible? SERIES("Travel",,('[Milage.xls]2008'!$F$3:$F$42,'[Car.xls]2007'!$F$3:$F$44),2) I have tryed a number of times with no luck. Thanks All data for the Y values of a chart series must be in the same worksheet. However, the Y values of a series can come from one sheet or book, and the X values from another. And of course, different series can come from anywhere. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Andrew wrote: > Is this even possible? > > SERIES("Travel&q...

How to create 3 axes chart based on three series of data

Linking workbooks #3
I am using winxp pro and msoffice 2003 > > We have a workbook with 40 some worksheets in it, each worksheet being a > listing of products and cost levels for a particular vendor. This is our > 'master' workbook. > > Each customer has a workbook containing the worksheets of the vendors > they use. There are about 55 of these 'customer' workbooks. > > I want to link the 'customer' workbooks/worksheets to the 'master' so > when the prices are changed on the 'master', they will be reflected > throughout all of the workbook...

Find 2 lowest point to form a trendline
Dear expert, Cell AH67:AH77 contain a series of data. Actaully, they are the results from an array of formula. Sometimes, it has 12 data. Sometimes, the data series has 8 data like this case. The question is that ... I would like to find 2 lowest point so that I can draw a line to form like a trendline (using slope, intercept). =Small(AH67:AH77,1) =Small(AH67:AH77,2) can help .... BUT ... I need the ist and 2nd latest point only. In this case, it should select 18.25 and 24.59 Although 21.36 in 22 Jan is lower than 24.59, but line is drawn forward (not backward). Lowest po...

Group & Stacked Chart
The graph looks great now, but when I try to add the remaining data (al plans from columns c - y), the layout changes and divisions are pushe to left with blank divisions on the right. I attached a sample chart that shows how I'd like the layout to remai after adding more data. I'd appreciate any recommendations! Thanks in advance for your time +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ForumSample.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4309 +---------------------------------...

column charts on two axis
I am trying to show a column chart on 2 axis. I have chosen the combination line and column chart to get the 2 axis but when I change the line to a second column it puts the columns over the top of the first axis columns. How do I get them to be side by side? Have a look at: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3800842-2343-4319-8496-4D8CAC0DABFF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to show a column chart on 2 axi...

Charting Stock Trendline #2
Anyone have any ideas? Is it not possible? thank -- pwinter ...

Dynamic 12 months data on the chart
Hi All, I have the following data on worksheet 5 for example and is arranged like this: Date ...........Nov'06 Dec'06 Jan'07 Feb'07 Mar'07 Apr'07 May'07 Prod A ...........1000 1000 1000 1000 1000 blank blank Prod B ...........1000 1000 1000 1000 1000 blank blank Prod C ...........1000 1000 1000 1000 1000 blank blank Total Sales 3000 3000 3000 3000 3000 0 0 The...

File options
I want to be able to view tabs for all open files (Word or Excel) across the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, without having to go to "window" on the tool bar and then select the file I want. Any suggestions anyone? On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:49:19 -0800, HR wrote: > I want to be able to view tabs for all open files (Word or > Excel) across the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, > without having to go to "window" on the tool bar and then > select the file I want. > > Any suggestions anyone? Yes, post this in the apropriate newsgroup. Likely o...

Finding second data point on primary axis of two axis chart
Hi I am new to Excel 2007 (moved from Excel 2003). I have a chart with one column on the primary axis and a line on the secondarry axis. I added a second series of data on the primary axis and can't find it. This usued to happend with my previous edition of Excel and was quickly remedied by putting the cursor on the horizontal line until I found it. Is there another way to find that second series of data? Thanks in advance. Al Charbonneau Al Charbonneau _ Select a data series. Use the up-down arrow keys to cycle through the major chart objects until the a...

Stop Check Links
Is there a way to stop check links? It's been running longer than I thought it would and I need to let people back in the system. Any suggestions. Thanks. Hi Did you do a SQL backup before running checklinks? J "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF89148F-78E3-4969-849C-C1B40050B380@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to stop check links? It's been running longer than I > thought > it would and I need to let people back in the system. > > Any suggestions. Thanks. Yes, I made a backup I followed the instructions...bu...

Linking to a Word Document
Hello, I have created several links between Publisher (2002) and Word (2000) without any trouble. However, today I can't figure out how to get around a problem. My Word document is only one page with a 2 column table. Page size is 8.5 x 11. Margins are set at T=.17, B=.17, L=.25, R=.25. The table doesn't even take but half the page. I go to Publisher, click Insert and select Object. Select From File, Locate my document and select the 'Link' checkbox. The object inserted in Publisher is my document. However, the object size is 12.9 x 12.9. I am having to use th...

Charts with Dymanic Min and Max
How can i set the min and max of a chart based upon the min and max of a querry result? No one has any ideas on how to set the min and max through an expression on a chart? "Brian S." <bsgallatin@community.nospam> wrote in message news:uAReYPDdKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can i set the min and max of a chart based upon the min and max of a > querry result? > ...

Gantt Chart in Excel. Do I need conditional formatting?
Hello all. I have created a Gantt chart that shows approx. 15 tasks in each project. I am using this to show percentage of completion for each task. It is working just fine and looks great but I need it to insert a date when a task is at 100% completion to show the client the date that particular task was completed. How would I do this without ruining my chart I already have working fine? I know this is probably easy to do but I cannot seem to keep the rest of the chart intact. Is conditional formatting the answer? Thanks! You could use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to do this: h...

Linked products in an Order
Hello, Were I am working we are selling products and a warranty for these products which is optional. This warranty is equal to a certain percentage of the product price. Currently we have created a product named 'Warranty' that we add on the Opportunity/Quote/Order in which we add the price manually. The problem with this solultion is that it is not automatic and that when there are several product in an Order and several opportunity there is no way to know which product correspond to which warranty. I would like to know if there is a better way to deal with this problematic....

97-2K Linked table recordset SQL
I am not a programmer so this may be an easy question for you. We have an Access DB that has records in table#1 (an internal table) to find a match on then Delete the records in table#2 (a linked table DB3). This worked with Access97 but now with Access2K we get error: "RunTime error 3061: Too few parameters. Expected 1 Any ideas? Some of code (edited) is posted below Thanks Set Rst1 = dbs.OpenRecordset("OBJ2612", dbOpenTable, dbReadOnly While Not Rst1.EOF ' <--- internal table# FVNO = (Rst1!XBI1VNO '*** below is linked table#2 to delete recs if ...

E-mailing an Excel chart from Access
Can anybody please help? I am currently working on an Access database. One of the functions is an automated monthly event, which collates data and then put this data into an Excel chart, no problem there. My problem is, I require the program to send this chart completely automated via e-mail to another department; can this be done from Access? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you Ken, ...

Shared resource usage chart
Hi, I want to make a chart that shows how several users share one resourc over a period of time. Horizontal bars indicating the period of usag for each user would be best. Is this possible to do with Excel, and i so how do I do it? Please see the attached image for a hint on what I'm trying to d here. Thank you +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: chart.JPG |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3792 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -...

parent reorder point problem
RMS currently attempts to reorders parent items without any context to the number of child items in stock, which is problematic for slow-moving items. There should be some provision to "look through" the parent item to the child item for the number in stock to help determine when to reorder. This could even be separate fields in the child item properties, such as "Parent Reorder Point" and "Parent Reorder Level" that would allow a user to specify at what CHIILD quantity to reorder the parent item, and how many parent items to reorder. Some provision to allo...

Viewing Where a Link is in a document
Once you have determined this is a link in a document, is there a quick way of seeing where that link is? I have a rather large excel file with multiple tabs where I can not find the link, and manually looking for it would be close to impossible. Thx. There is a program called Findlink.xla, I think. It is an add-in. Search for it in Google and I expect you will find it. "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAA90FB6-1C18-4823-80AB-6961D455C086@microsoft.com... > Once you have determined this is a link in a document, is there a quick way of ...

Creating links in an e-newsletter
I am creating an e-newsletter in Publisher 2003. How do I create links (anchors) to various sections in my newsletter? For example, I have a menu of topics that I would like to be able to link to different sections in the document: (by clicking on "Tips From The Chef" in the menu, the page should automatically scroll to that section of the newsletter.) It needs to operate similarly to a web page with links. How do I do this without adding additional pages? My newsletter will need to be printed as well and I would like for it to print onto one or two pages max. ...

Not able to find out XML Difference
Hi, I am not able to find out the Delta XML. Requirement Spec: If I have a file with <ID>101</ID> <Name>BOB</Name> I want to add the changes made to the file like rows added , removed and modified. and then at some point of time need to undo the changes in the original dataset. I am using dataset that is populated from an XML file. If there are changes in the XML file the Delta XML should contain the Modified Column(Only), Added Row, and Deleted Row The diffgram doesn't helps in that. GetChanges method of diffgram when used with Rowstate.Deleted doesn't ...

Be able to cancel quantities without deleting the SOP-POP link
I would like the ability when invoicing to cancel some of the quantity ordered without having to delete the SOP-POP link. It would be nice for it to be set up so you can cancel some of the quantity on the purchase order invoice and have it flow down to the sales order since you have a link. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...