not able to get series value for 3d-surface chart

Hi,

I am able to get series values for all kinds of chart, except for 3D-surface
chart.Here it goes to exception, when I try to acces the values of the
series. Let me know if anyone has solution

Lokesh

You mean you don't get the handy little chart tips that show information
about the point your cursor is over? Surface charts have several
shortcomings, and you've just hit on one of them. They don't do data
labels either.

You could use several other chart types to display the data, maybe not
in the fancy pseudo-XYZ formatting, and still get the chart tips. The 3D
line, 3-D column, and area with 3-D effects chart types provide chart
tips, if you insist on the 3D styling. And of course, the 2D line and
clustered column types show chart tips as well as no parallax or other
distortion of the values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Lokesh Sharma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am able to get series values for all kinds of chart, except for 3D-surface
> chart.Here it goes to exception, when I try to acces the values of the
> series. Let me know if anyone has solution
>
> Lokesh

A script to replace a value with another
i want to replace a field with another within the same Contact record. Is there any example that you can show me? i'll doing this to over 5,000 records. i'm using Outlook 2002, personal use. rayswchiu -- Phone: (852) 9258 6600 Email: rayswchiu@gmail.com ...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Is there a quick way of assigning multiple series to a bubble char
Each series requires a three-column block of cells, one each for X, Y, and bubble size. Select the block for the first series and create the chart. Select the block for the second series, copy it, select the chart, use Edit menu - Paste Special to add the data as a New Series, with categories in the first column. Repeat as needed. If the series share the X values, you can use this sequence of columns: X Y1 B1 Y2 B2 Y3 B3 where X is the column of shared X values, Yi is the column of Y values for the ith series, and Bi is the column of bubble sizes for the ith series. - Jon -----...

How can I default a lookup field to a particular value.
How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow the user to modify the field if necessary? Thanks, Bob Johnson you mean a drop down or picklist? "Bob" <rjohnson@reveregroup.com> wrote in message news:1130947400.655495.115390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow > the user to modify the field if necessary? > > Thanks, > > Bob Johnson > i have the same question in crm 3.0. i want a default value in a lookup filed. i also want to create a lookup field by my self....

Getting a process's description
Is there a way to get the process description of an executing process? For example, I've got the process id and executable filename for a process but I need to get a text description of it. I know this is possible because windows gets such a description when it asks you to "select a program from a list" to open a file with unknown extension. There is also another application called ProcessExplorer which is able to display a text description for a process. Any suggestions welcome (win32 api calls or .net library calls). schoenfeld1@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a way to ge...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

When do logs get deleted?
Hi, I use Veritas NetBackup and have noticed that my log files have not been getting purged after incremental and differential backups. Are they only deleted after full backups? Thanks, Dan Transaction Log files should be purged after full and incremental backups only.. "Dan" wrote: > Hi, > I use Veritas NetBackup and have noticed that my log files have not been > getting purged after incremental and differential backups. Are they only > deleted after full backups? > Thanks, > Dan I had an incremental completed last night with supporting evidence in m...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

x values and plotting points
I need to plot points and draw a straight line to calculate the slope. I will use this same method to present a trend for data points over time ( three years per compound)! Help! I have Excel 97. Thanks! annette christian wrote: > I need to plot points and draw a straight line to > calculate the slope. I will use this same method to > present a trend for data points over time ( three years > per compound)! > > Help! I have Excel 97. > > Thanks! You should be able to chart your data points using the Chart Wizard. See http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/...

Pivotchart Multiple series question
Is it possible to have 2 separate clustered series in 1 pivotchart table and if so how. Regards Jason ...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Value creation failed at line 422
Does anyone know the source of this error message and how to fix it? well, you have to provide more info than that before people here could provide possible solutions. Info like, what GP application? what window? what module? what are trying to do on that window? posting? printing? saving? do you have customizations? ---Darryl Bajaro "Phil" wrote: > Does anyone know the source of this error message and how to fix it? ...

making a sum outcome negative based on adjacent cell value
I have 3 columns of single figures. At present i'm using the sumproduc fuction to multiply and total the figures in column A that fall betwee 4 and 9 with the adjacent figure in column B... =SUMPRODUCT(--($A1:$A600>=4),--($A1:$A600<=9),($B1:$B600),($A1:$A600) I'd like to add column C to the formula, so that if it contained value of -1, 1 or 2, the sum of the adjacent figures in columns A and appears as a negative number. For example A3= 7, B3= 2, C3= 1 Outcome= -14 A4= 9, B4= 1, C4= 5 Outcome= 9 A5= 3, B5= 2, C5= 2 No sum because figure in column A ...

getting info from a pull down menu and looking up column to get co
Sorry I don't know all the jargon, but basically i have made a list called employee and used it to make pulldown menus in multiple worksheets to enable me to select an employee for labor costs. Now I want to lookup(from the pull down menu,another list I made Called name, another list i made call rate) to be entered in the rate column. The "name" list='Employee records'!$A$3,'Employee records'!$A$4,'Employee records'!$A$5,etc... The "rate" list='Employee records'!$C$3,'Employee records'!$C$4,'Employee recor...

How do i get notifications of Issued Certificates thats nearly Exp
I know of certutil but havent found a guide for it and i dont know how to vbscript its so i can find Certifcates thats about to expire. ...

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

Insert Trigger to Update Value of Column in Inserted Row
I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of a column in the inserted row with the value of a column from another database table. The table into which the row is inserted does not have a primary key match with the other database table. The two tables can be related through a join to a third table. "CarlC" <CarlC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834D03E6-84CA-4CF3-9781-12FA18713940@microsoft.com... >I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of >a > column in the inserted ...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

How to credit complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...

array formula values
How to get values obtained by an array formula in a single cell separated by commas or any other symbols? Can we sum up or count the values obtained by an array formula in a single cell? The answer to your second question is yes. Simply wrap the array formula witha SUM() function, and commit the entire formula with Ctrl-Shift-Enter "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote: > How to get values obtained by an array formula in a single cell separated by > commas or any other symbols? > Can we sum up or count the values obtained by an array formula in a single > cell? ...

Form that changes dafualt value in a table
Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value in field “price” is $2.00 I want to be able to change it to $3.00 by typing it in my form without have to going to the table design view. So if you got some code for my command button please reply. Thank You! On Dec 13, 8:44 am, Jone <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be > able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value i...

Multiple series not plotting in their respective data ranges
I have a price comparison chart (line chart) that has multiple prices for multiple dates. Price 1 has a date range of 01/01/07 - 02/06/07. Price 2 has a date range of 01/19/07 - 01/31/07 (a subset of the Price 1 range). When Price 2 plots, it starts at the left of the overall range (01/01/07) and stops at 01/13/07 instead of plotting in the middle of the chart starting at 01/19/07 and ending at 01/31/07. Is this a bug or is there a parameter setting I need to tweak? Thanks, Mike If you want to plot one variable (price) as a function of another variable (date), you should be using...