No updating of Excel chart

Hi.

Is there any way to prevent excel from updating charts?
I'm having some problems with one chart when I try to unhide or delete some
rows that ARE NOT inside the series data, but the chart allways keep wrongly
changing the data rows.
When i try to unhide the rows, the series expands to the number os rows that
was unhided.
When i try to delete the rows, the series all became #REF's.
Repeating: the rows that i need to delete are CONTIGUOUS to the data series
and ARE NOT inside the series. I've checked this thoroughly.
If someone have any ideas, I would be immensely grateful.

Thanks in advance.

0
Angelino

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

How can I restore an Excel file that was deleted by mistake?
I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can I do this? Hi if you don't have a backup copy probably no chance. You may try a file recovery tool (search Google for some free ones) to recover your deleted file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Diane wrote: > I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can > I do this? Did you look in the Recycle Bin? HTH Otto "Diane" <Diane @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41D362F-D1CC-4C14-B0B3-DBC994A32D3C@microsoft.com... >I deleted a file in Exce...

Update Query SQL Help
I am getting stuck on the SQL code to do this. What I want to do is Prompt a user for input a value for "City" on table "Shipping" and update the field City on table shipping to this new value. there is an ID feild that will always be set to 1. any help? "Bombay"wrote: >I am getting stuck on the SQL code to do this. > > What I want to do is Prompt a user for input a value for "City" on table > "Shipping" and update the field City on table shipping to this new value. > > there is an ID feild that will always be set to ...

How do I make a Levy Jennings chart in Excel 2003?
How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory daily QC data? Hi, Jon Peltier shows you how to add your mean and standard deviation lines here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html HTH Martin "RayneLily" <RayneLily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADFC70DF-2277-4430-BDE1-7E41AE2836FF@microsoft.com... > How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory > daily > QC data? Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html .... and isn't it Levey-Jennings ? -- David Biddu...

Problem with Excel 2007
Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for reference and when I returned to the first project all sheets disappeared. The only accessible buttons on the toolbar are the Macro buttons. All macros are still there and sheet names in the VBA are still there. Did I loose my work? Thanks to all albertmb;657269 Wrote: > Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a > project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for referen...

How to Build an Excel-Report ?
Hi, I am Martin from Hamburg and wonder how I can create an Excel-Report. I want to create an Bingo-Card Generator in Excel. Thought and Done, but only the functions of generating the bingo-values by randome and deleting field by random depending on the system variables like number of players etc. So, I have build up one Excel-Worksheet with the right values. In each cloumn are the whole values for one bingo-card. Now, I wonder how to print them. But I cannot find any Report function like in Access. May anyone can help me, how do I get my generated values in an printable report format...

Is there an equivalent of .mda files for Excel?
If you develop an Access application, you can hide your source code by converting the .mdb file into an .mda file. Is there an equivalent for Excel applications? Thanks ..xla, Then Tools | Addins..., to add the file. ..xla is the format for Excel add-in. However, it does not necessarily hide your code in VBA, if that was what you want. Whether it is .xls or .xla, you can only "hide" VBA code by password-protecting the VBA project, which is a weak protection. If you really want to hide your VBA code from viewing by others, the better approach would be to move most of your...

Textboxes on subform won't update
Hi, I have a form with a multiselect listbox(List17) and I have a query qry_Projects_ListBox that contains the selections from this listbox. I have a subform (sbfrm_Projects_ListBox) that contains text fields from qry_Projects_ListBox. I placed the subform on my main form and what is supposed to happen is when the user selects options from the listbox, I use a command button to requery qry_Projects_ListBox so the items will populate on the subform, but when I do this the subform does not update, but if I open the subform separately the records are there. My code to requery looks like. I am...

How do you insert a scale break on the y-axis in Excel?
Is it possible? Hi, Have a look at these examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy lakechatei wrote: > Is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

surface chart #5
Will excel graph a real surface chart from data in 3 columns (x, y and z), so it's a perspective plot? Ye You have to arrange your data as a table with the x values across the top and the y values down the LH side, and fill in the Z values for each x, y pair. Then select the whole table and go into the surface chart otion. You can change the perspective, magnification, viewing angles etc in the dialog box Happy charting! Maybe. XL's 3D charting capability is rather limited. For more see the Excel/Charts/3D Surface page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-me...

Excel 5.0 #2
I need some help. I have been a faithful user of version 5.0 and I missed my opportunity to upgrade easily. Is there anyone who would be willing to part with an intermediate version so I can make the jump. I understand I need at least an Excel 97. I believe 97 can convert 5.0 and 03 can convert 97. Hi Exc�l 97 - Excel 2003 all have the same file format 8and all can read Excel 5.0 files). So just check ebay and get on of the newer versions (Excel 2000 / Excel 2002) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tim in Idaho" <Tim in Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> schri...

How do I set up a macro to turn on Windows in Taskbar in Excel 200
I have a shared workbook in Excel 2000 that is automatically turning off Windows in Taskbar whenver it is opened and I can't see why. Does anyone out there know a macro that will automatically turn on the Windows in Taskbar option in Excel when the workbook is opened? Thanks David Lee David Add the following line code to an Auto_Open or Workbook_Open event: Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = True *pretty sure that was in Office 2000, I am in 2003 so I wasn't able to check... -- Charles www.officezealot.com "David Lee - NZ" <David Lee - NZ@discussions.micros...

Cell Linking to Chart Headings
I need to work out how to link part of a chart heading within excel to a cell from another tab within the same excel spreadsheet. The purpose of this is to be able to change one cell in another tab and have it link through to the headings of various charts in other tabs. Can anyone help? You can link a chart title, axis title, data label, or textbox in a chart to a cell. Select the text element in the chart, press the equals key, then select the cell with the mouse. The cell reference appears after the equals sign in the formula bar: =Sheet1!$A$1 The text element in the chart will ...

excel comment issue
Hi, I'm having a problem viewing comments in all of my Excel 2000 worksheets. Everytime I mouse over the data cell with the comment indicator it comes up black. The only way I can view the comment is selecting edit comment. Any suggestions? Hi Jerry, Searching the archives http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm or directly to: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel* is always a good place to start. Not too surprising to find a recent posting <grin> http://google.com/groups?threadm=etAhFlkTEHA.1508%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl but if you ...

how to print chart located on another chart on one page?
I have one chart located as object in another chart. when I print, I get two pages I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart as object' thanks Helmt When you print the master chart (the chart sheet), doesn't it also print the embedded chart? You have to select the master chart and not the embedded chart or just the embedded chart will print. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Helmut" <Helmut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Repeated update failures hidden
When repeated failures for 3 updates started in mid-October, I changed auto-update to download-but-ask-to-install. Mid-November, I turned auto-update back on and now there are repeated failures for 6 updates. I am concerned by repeated install attempts and failures. So now, by right clicking failed updates, I have hidden them. I will try to restore them at some future time and try again. IS THIS OK? yogibearbull wrote: > When repeated failures for 3 updates started in mid-October, I changed > auto-update to download-but-ask-to-install. Mid-November, I turned > auto-...

Creating a dynamic asset allocation chart
I was inspired by a recent E-Trade commercial to build a financial portfolio pie chart using Excel. The chart I have in mind would show the percent breakdown of asset allocation (e.g., cash, large cap stocks, small cap stock, etc). This is the data table format I had in mind: Financial Institute (column 1), Allocation (column 2), and Amount (column 3) e.g., BofA Cash $1600 Fidelity Large Cap $1000 Fidelity Cash $101 As I update my allocation, say, move some cash to small cap stocks, the chart would automatically display my new ...

Updating to .NET Framework 3.5 sp1...HELP!!!
I've been trying to get this update installed for MONTHS, but 'no joy'! The 'boot-strapped' version (52MB at the time) is what I'd prefer, since the 'full package' is a bit over 300MB, and even the 52MB fails to install before shutting down and re-starting (every 5 minutes). The "dial-up" connection doesn't help in the LEAST, obviously, so I'm wondering if there's another method/"location" to get it done. HELP!...I'm about to pull what remaining hair I've GOT out by the roots! =?Utf-8?B?TTQyYXA=?= <M42ap@...

Line graphs in Excel 2007
I am trying to plot weekly sales in a given year. Eventually in a year, there will be 52 weeks of sales labeled date,this yr sales,last yr. sales. I am using a line graph. Everything is working fine except: I would like excel to automatically update my chart for each week that I have sales data for. In the near fuure,when I enter data for the months of Oct,Nov,Dec and the last part of Sept., I would like Excel to automatically update my chart. I have tried to in my data table, put all the weeks of the year in the table and as I get sales data, enter them into the table. The chart will upd...

Unable to see updated values in CRM
I added some new values to a form and saved it but they don't show up in CRM. I'm probably missing a simple step and need to know what that step is. Any help is appreciated. ...

Charting for a certain timeframe
Hello, I am learning the in's and outs of excel and charting and need som help. I have a series of numbers that correlate to a time. I need t chart it based on the hour it falls in, and am having very little luck Can anyone help please? Below is the data that I have Type.......CG.........RET........OTH.......DATE........TIME CG............1...........0............0........10/10........16:40 OT............0...........0............1........10/10........17:09 CG............1...........0............0........10/10........17:20 RET..........0............1............0........10/10........1...

Gantt Charts
does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel? Hi Christine for some examples have a look at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timeline.exe http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/ganttchart/index.html and searhc this newsgroup for 'Gantt charts' HTH Frank Christine wrote: > does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel? ...

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

Formatting all data labels on a chart at once
I have a stacked column chart. How do I format all of the data labels togethor (i.e. to set them all to a smaller font?) I can do one stack at a time, but not all of them. Also I have data for future months that will be populated later, so its not feasible to only format the visible data labels. Thanks! Select the chart, then format the font. Don't select the individual columns to do it. Granted, this will change the font for every item in the chart, but it may be a shorter way. "VancitysFinest" <victorlai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139435934.762750.36150@z14g2...

Outlook address from excel
My titles and names are all on one linein excel. When I import to outlook the Mr and Mrs comes out Mr. Mrs. and. How do I map this Are Mr and Mrs in one field? If so, you'll want to map that field as the title field. If not, you need to merge them into one field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIB...