No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook #2

I have Excel 2003 (11.6113.5703) running on windows XP.
I have loaded the latest update from the web.

When I try to change the font size of text in the axis or
label of a chart, a message shows "No more new fonts may
be applied to this workbook."

When I do a print preview of the charts, the same message
shows up and then the print previews would be displayed.

I'd appreciate if you can tell me the fix.
0
anonymous (74722)

Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025

and at his web site (use this updated link instead of the one in his
article):

     http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
4/26/2004 8:44:45 PM
This is a well known problem in all modern versions of Excel:

   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];215573

There's a little bit about preventing it here:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

DOUG wrote:

> I have Excel 2003 (11.6113.5703) running on windows XP.
> I have loaded the latest update from the web.
>
> When I try to change the font size of text in the axis or
> label of a chart, a message shows "No more new fonts may
> be applied to this workbook."
>
> When I do a print preview of the charts, the same message
> shows up and then the print previews would be displayed.
>
> I'd appreciate if you can tell me the fix.

0
DOjonNOT (619)
4/26/2004 8:48:56 PM
I ran and stepped through your visual basic script, and
made sure that it selected each chart of my active
worksheet:

Sub FixAllChartFonts()
    ' Disable Font Autoscaling on All Charts on Active
Sheet
    Dim myCht As ChartObject
    For Each myCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
        myCht.Select
        myCht.Chart.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False
    Next
    MsgBox ("done")
End Sub
After the script is done, I right-click on the chart
label and see that the AutoScale box is still checked.
Thus the script did not disable the Autoscaling.  Do you
know if the script works for Excel 2003?

0
anonymous (74722)
4/26/2004 9:42:08 PM
It did disable autoscaling for the font in the chart
area.  However, this did not solve the problem.  It
appears each object has its own autoscaling checkbox, ie,
ChartTitle, Axistitle, etc... with autoscaling still
turned on.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/26/2004 9:57:57 PM
Doug -

In 2002 and in 97 (and I presume in 2000), setting the Autoscalefont to
false for the chart area set it to false for all of the chart's text
elements (axis and chart title, axis tick labels, legend, data labels).
I just checked to be sure. I don't have 2003 installed (yet), so I can't
see whether they went and changed the autoscale behavior.

- Jon
-------

DOUG wrote:

> It did disable autoscaling for the font in the chart
> area.  However, this did not solve the problem.  It
> appears each object has its own autoscaling checkbox, ie,
> ChartTitle, Axistitle, etc... with autoscaling still
> turned on.

0
DOjonNOT (619)

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Font Sizing
I am visually impaired. I would like to increase font size in the IN-box window where the From: Subject: and Received: columns are listed. I have been able to increase font size to read the body of the e-mail and can compose e-mail with larger font - just would like to increase font size for the incoming message headers. Please write to me at: johnw@winserv.com if you can help. thank you in advance. John Depending on your version of Outlook, View->Current View->Customize Current View->Other Settings. You can customize the Fonts from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

printing 2 charts on single page

Offline folder problems #2

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Setting up a new e-mail account

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

VCard issue #2

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2

80070005 error #2

HQ Licensing question V.2
I have a client running HQ client at 8 stores + HQ server at the warehouse. They would like to be able to use transfers from the warehouse to the stores, so I would have to setup a new PC running Store Ops and a new database, however, in order for the transfers to take place, I need a HQ Client License correct? Do I also need a POS key? I appreciate any insights you may have. Thanks in advance Hi Phil yes - you'll need an HQ Client license so it can exchange with your headquarters - "export" the wh database as you would any store from HQ no - you won't need a PO...