New Chart Types

Hi there,

I am currently preparing some reports for a very general
audiance and I am finding the excel charts a bit 'boring'
for want of a better word. Does anyone know of any add-ons
that would enable me to create charts of different types
like petrol guages for example?

Hope this makes sence and someone can help.

Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

You'll find lots of examples on Jon Peltier's web site:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html

and Andy Pope's site:

   http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Dual x-axis chart
Lets say I want to plot some data (on a scatter chart) which is a function of temperature. For convenience I would like to show two x-axes which gives the correpsonding x-values in Fahrenheit and Celcius. So then I could chose to plot(x_fahrenheit, y1) on x-axis1 or plot(x_celsius, y2) on x-axis2 (forgive the Matlab plot notation) and could choose whether to read off the x-axis values in Fahrenheit or Celsius directly from the plot. Can this be done in Excel (or Matlab). What if I needed 3 x-axes? Thanks. On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, John Broderick <jbroder...

creating combo charts
In previous versions of excel (Pre 2007) you were able to create combo graphs with both bars and lines. I dont find that option at all now. In Excel 2007 it looks like you need to create your own custom charts and then save each one as a template. John Mansfield "Joe" wrote: > In previous versions of excel (Pre 2007) you were able to create combo graphs > with both bars and lines. I dont find that option at all now. The built in combo charts were kind of lame anyway. Make your own. Start with a chart using the type that appears more in your final chart, then sele...

How can I save an excel chart in gif format?
I want to create charts in excel and the display them on a web site. How can I save an excel chart in gif format? Than ks, Dom Andy Pope has a free add-in that you can use to export images or charts: http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm Dom wrote: > I want to create charts in excel and the display them on a web site. How can > I save an excel chart in gif format? > > Than ks, Dom -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html try Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.gif", _ FilterNam...

Pivot Chart #9
I want to maintain my selected color for the pivot chart. But, when i filter the chart, the selected color will refresh back to default color. Any idea to keep my selected color for the pivot chart even i refresh the chart? Thanks. Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 Jojomay wrote: > I want to maintain my selected color for the pivot chart. But, when i...

Net Worth Over Time Report doesn't show bar chart
I just upgraded from Money 2000 to the Canadian version on Money 2006 Standard and the Net Worth Over Time Report doesn't work properly. It will only show as a report. Options to change to a bar chart are greyed out. The first half dozen times I tried the report it showed the months but there was no data on the report. After trying various combinations of Level of Detail and Display As it now shows the data in a report format. The Net Worth Over Time bar chart was about the only thing my wife ever looked at. If the bars kept getting higher towards the right all was good. If not, ...

Struggling to produce INCREDIBLY simple charts with Excel (v2003)
Excel2003/WinXP Hi I am struggling to produce INCREDIBLY simple charts with Excel (v2003). I am trying to *speed up* (i.e. reduce the number of clicks) to produce a new chart. To save time, I dont want to have to *do* anything to the source data when it arrives. This is partly because we are needing to paste in live data several time a day (i.e. data that is added to/is changed as the day progresses). The data arrives as .CSV and it is one row per transaction e.g. like this: date,time,invoice_num 18/06/2006,01:19,INV10010341 18/06/2006,07:18,INV10010342 18/06/2006,07:31,INV10010343 18/06...

new to all this
how do i change me default email from yahoo to windows so i can send emails out For starters, you will need the Yahoo Plus email to setup the account in Windows Mail at Tools - Accounts. Do you have Yahoo Plus (a premium pay-for service)? Otherwise you can only use their web-based email. "personal" <vi.wait@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:A78E274C-DA37-4F00-8C06-349710B87ADB@microsoft.com... > how do i change me default email from yahoo to windows so i can send > emails out How do I determine what server I have (POP ect)? This question is aske...

Editing legends
I would like to know how to edit the legends for a chart. Have tried various things -- right click on the legend, but nothing seems to work. What do you wish to do? You can format all legends or a single legend. You cannot edit or format a character within a legend. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "VBren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08c501c3faf0$108c6fc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know how to edit the legends for a > chart. Have tried various things -- right click on the > le...

How to move highlighted cell to a new column
I got a huge database of fruit related terms such as : apple apple pie apple ipod apple computer banana milkshake kiwi kiwi map kiwi maple syrup orange juice orange mobile .... etc. I want to filter out all the non edibles such as ipod, computer and mobile. I used conditional formatting to highlight all the non-edibles at the moment, and terms such as ipod, computer, mobile, map and maple syrup were highlighted. However the kiwi maple syrup is edible, and i dont want it to be highlighted. But you cant manually check every cell if you got like 10000 rows (just an example). Is there a way ...

wcLEX
Before you get cut off from the Microsoft News groups ......... SSI is please announce wcLEX - Wildcat! Live Exchange!, a free NNTP Proxy Server for the Microsoft Web-based Mail Support Forums. With wcLEX, Microsoft Users and Developers can continue to enjoy using their News Reader for accessing the new mail groups. You can download wcLEX 1.0a pre-release version from here: http://opensite.winserver.com/wclex/wclex-1-0a-setup.msi http://opensite.winserver.com/wclex/wclex-1-0a-setup.zip Please use this support newsgroup news://opensite.winserver.com to re...

in vba what command is used to determine if a particular cell on a particular sheet changed? some kind of event? how to get the old and new value of the cell?
in vba what command is used to determine if a particular cell on a particular sheet changed? some kind of event? how to get the old and new value of the cell? Hi Daniel, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm change event excel does not keep track of the old value, nor can you get if from the event code. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote i...

Moving to new machine.
I need move our Exchange 5.5 installation to a new machine. The existing machine is on its last leg and will fail soon so it's imperative I do this soon. Since I inherited the installation without documentation I'm in deep &^$&. Does anyone have a technical source or guide as to how to do this? Is this information available in the exchange documentation, if so what is the process called? I haven't been able to yet locate what I need. Any help will be appreciated. I followed this: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm It is well written and is a great s...

usb with interupt transfer type
i am working on third party device(screen touch monitor ) for usb driver, transfer type for usb is interupt based , can u give me the templete for the usb driver with interupt transfer type . Hi, I would recommend using WinUSB for forward compatibility. Asaf suhas <suhas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >i am working on third party device(screen touch monitor ) for usb driver, >transfer type for usb is interupt based , can u give me the templete for the >usb driver with interupt transfer type . As I pointed out when you posted this question o...

Spam Messages sent to me and Multi Request to add new friends
This has been a real issue for me now for about 2 months. I have a lot of contacts on my Windows Live Messenger and somehow several of them are sending me spam messages (like check out this great website.....) now most of these friends don't leave their computers on, so it's not comming from their computer, one is from my mums computer and for a while she hasn't had internet access. The messages usually try to lure you to click on a URL and end the message with a BRB. Each time the message come through the person is Offline. The 2nd big problem. Is recieving many...

Blank cells in line charts
I have my tables which are reguarly added too but it is a pain going through the 20 odd charts updating the data range. What i'd like to do is just select a huge area for the data range so i don't have to touch it again and the charts would auto update. The problem is i have told it to ignore blank cells but it still creates them on the chart space. Is there any way to select a heap of cells but have it completely ignore the empty ones until there is data entered in them. -- bluenose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluenose's Profile:...

Pricing Chart
I have a column for age. I have a chart with age banded rates ( <25, 25 to 29, etc.) Each age bracket has a rate associated with it. I am trying to do a formula that would populate in a seperate column the rate associated with a particular age. ex: m2 has age 34 the rate for 30-34 age bracket is $.08 There are more than 7 age brackets so the IF function will not work. Age brackets are as follows: <25 = $.05 25-29 = $.06 30-34 = $.08 35-39 = $.09 40-44 = $.10 45-49=$.15 50-54 = $.23 55-59 = $.43 60-64 = $.66 65-69 = $1.27 >69 = $2.06 Any suggestions? -- ...

Creating charts with VBA code
Is it possible to create a Chart using code? If so, how do I do that. Thanks This should get you started: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/QuickChartVBA.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/> Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html _______ "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF13198-DE14-44CA-8E82-A1A98E2F9B35@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a Chart using code? If s...

my computer is new and requires outlook 2003. where do I find it?
I want to download outlook connector but the system requires that I download office or outlook 2002 or above. How do I do that? patrick, you wrote on Sun, 11 Mar 2007 05:38:00 -0700: > I want to download outlook connector but the system requires that I download > office or outlook 2002 or above. How do I do that? You can download a trial version [1]. To use Outlook permanent you have to buy it! [1] http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/ -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

Can't add new record when not logged in to Windows XP as an Admin
I am new to Access and have never made an application in my life so bear with me. Here's my issue: I have a very small Access 2003 database with the backend residing in a folder on a server and the front end on each user's desktop. The intended users of my application have been given enough privileges to enter and read data in that folder (I've even tried giving them Full Control). When I log into Windows on the network, as an administrator, my .mde application works perfectly-my form pops right up when I start the app and I can add and view data as intended. However, when ...

Outlook 2003 sp3 don't show new email in Public Folder
Hi, I have a mail enabled public folder witch works fine, but in my outlook I doesn't see that there is a new email in the public folder. Normally if you receive a new email in your inbox then the the name inbox will become bold and a number with the amount of new emails show up. This also happend the first time when I sended a email to the public folder, but sins then is doens't show it anymore. I added the public folder to my favorits but with no succes. I am also trying to make a rule that will show a "new item warning" or a "warning on the desktop" but none of...

xy scatter charts from pivot tables
Does anyone know WHY we cannot make xy scatter plots from pivot tables. In all the online help, xy scatter chart types are specifically singled out as not to be used with pivot tables. I seem to remember being able to setup xy scatter charts in Access using similar tools but I am hitting a brick wall on why we cannot use xy scatter chart types with pivot tables in Excel. Can anyone fill me in??? You can make an XY chart from pivot table data, but you have to take care not to let it turn back into a pivot chart (which are pretty useless, eh?). Select a blank cell away from the pivot ta...

Printing reduce sized charts
I print charts only by selecting the cahrt and using the print command. The result is chart printed on the whole paper. I want to print smaller charts for keeping records. There is one way I can do it but thats changing the print properties evertime I want to do that. Is there any way I can do that in Excel. Thanks Hi Do not select the chart when you print, print the chart like normla spreadsheet. you are allowed to resize the chart if necessary. >-----Original Message----- >I print charts only by selecting the cahrt and using the print command. The >result is chart printed o...

print chart on full page in Excel 2007
In past versions of Excel, it seemed automatic that you could select a chart and then print it to a full page. This doesn't seem to be the case with 2007. Maybe, I'm not finding the appropriate menu. Hi JSC, The option I believe you are looking for has been removed. -- Sorry, Shane Devenshire "jsc bozeman" wrote: > In past versions of Excel, it seemed automatic that you could select a chart > and then print it to a full page. This doesn't seem to be the case with 2007. > > Maybe, I'm not finding the appropriate menu. ...

Initializing a user-defined type
Is there any quick way to initialize such a type when all the elements in it are the same e.g. Public Type typDates Date1 As Date Date2 As Date Date3 As Date Date4 As Date Date5 As Date End Type I'm not sure what you have in mind when you say you want to quickly initialize the elements, but... When you declare a variable as your type, its elements will be initialised to zero (as each element is a date type), as demonstrated by the following example: Public Type typDates Date1 As Date Date2 As Date Date3 As Date Date4 As Date Date5 As Date End Type Publi...

Write to a New Spreadsheet
I have a workbook that the first worksheet has all the information needed to create a report. What I would like to do is use the SUBTOTAL function and place the totals on a different sheet. Is this possible? Thanks for any help in advance. It is easier to use Pivot Table. Otherwise you need to "SUMIF" function. to build up the next worksheet. "Daniell" wrote: > I have a workbook that the first worksheet has all the information needed to > create a report. What I would like to do is use the SUBTOTAL function and > place the totals on a different sheet....