Needed: Chart that combines clustered column and stacked column types

The chart is to show projected financials for a business.

- Using Clustered Columns, I can show Revenue and Net Income. Not a
problem.
- Using Stacked Column, I can show the contribution to Revenue from
each of the businesses two product lines. Not a problem

What I would like to do is to combine these into a single chart: Show
a Stacked Column with the Revenue contributions and next to it
(Clustered Column) show Net Income.

Is this possible? If so, can you please explain how to do this.
Posting a simple example would be a bonus.

Many thanks.

gerry <at> pairofdocs <dot> net

0
gerry2203 (7)

On Feb 13, 11:39 am, "Gerry" <g...@pairofdocs.net> wrote:
> The chart is to show projected financials for a business.
>
> - Using Clustered Columns, I can show Revenue and Net Income. Not a
> problem.
> - Using Stacked Column, I can show the contribution to Revenue from
> each of the businesses two product lines. Not a problem
>
> What I would like to do is to combine these into a single chart: Show
> a Stacked Column with the Revenue contributions and next to it
> (Clustered Column) show Net Income.
>
> Is this possible? If so, can you please explain how to do this.
> Posting a simple example would be a bonus.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> gerry <at> pairofdocs <dot> net
@ gerry
There're at least two solution for your question.
(1)You could use second axis to solve this question. make a Clustered
Column  in first axis and make Stacked column
in second axis.
(2) Just use the chart type of Clustered column, but rearrange your
souce data.
such as follows.
                                       Jan
Fer                  Mar
Net Income.                              10
12                    14
Revenue contributions 1    4
6                     9
Revenue contributions 2    6
6                     5

Maybe you could find what you want in http://peltiertech.com/Excel/
Charts/ChartIndex.html
Good luck!
yours,fujing

0
fujing1003 (11)
2/13/2007 9:47:41 AM
Try the links on this page:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Gerry" <gerry@pairofdocs.net> wrote in message
> The chart is to show projected financials for a business.
>
> - Using Clustered Columns, I can show Revenue and Net Income. Not a
> problem.
> - Using Stacked Column, I can show the contribution to Revenue from
> each of the businesses two product lines. Not a problem
>
> What I would like to do is to combine these into a single chart: Show
> a Stacked Column with the Revenue contributions and next to it
> (Clustered Column) show Net Income.
>
> Is this possible? If so, can you please explain how to do this.
> Posting a simple example would be a bonus.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> gerry <at> pairofdocs <dot> net

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/13/2007 6:08:35 PM
Thanks both - got it to work. Took a while to find the magic check box
so that things lined up just right...

0
gerry2203 (7)

Need to add same value to every cell...Is that doable?
I have a spreadsheet that is like a price list. I need to add an amount to every cell. Is there an easy way to do that & have it calculated for me instead of manually calculating it & typing it in? Hi Brita Enter the amount in a empty cell on you sheet Copy this cell Select all the cells Right click on them and choose Paste Special >Add -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Brita" <bmjack@cox.net> wrote in message news:962e01c4d4b3$4f2759f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have a spreadsheet that is like a price list. I need to > add an amount to e...

Can you Combine more than one excel spreadsheet onto one pivot tab
Is it possible to combine together more than one seperate excel spreadsheet onto one Pivot Table? ...

Help! Formula needed.
Below is an example of data in my excel sheet. A B C D E F Cell 1 ? cell 2 Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain cell 3 Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india cell 4 Ricky 18 to 35 14/2/04 Spain Now if i enter a numerical value in A1 (where '?' is), i need a formula which will check the column B and produce a result as desired below Entery number = 9 then print "Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain" Entery number = 12 then print "Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india" Ente...

I need serious Money 2004 help
Hello, I downloaded my visa statement from the bank and it only downloads a portion of the statement. Many transactions are missing. After I download it, window appears and says the following "A transaction in the QIF file has a date that could not be resolved and therefore was not recorded into your money file. Check your regional settings in the windows control panel to make sure they match the date format of the QIF file, and then try importing the file again" What does that mean?? Can anyone help me out. In microsoft.public.money, Darren wrote: > >I downloaded m...

using charts to read off new data
I've created a chart with a linear trendline as a standard graph. I would like to use the trendline to read the x values for new data (y- values). Is there a function that can do this and how can it be done without altering the original graph. Use worksheet functions. Any of the following will do - Slope and Intercept - Forecast - LinEst - Trend Jerry HKD wrote: > I've created a chart with a linear trendline as a standard graph. > I would like to use the trendline to read the x values for new data > (y- values). Is there a function that can do this and how ca...

New page in multi column report
I have a report that prints in 3 columns. In one of my Group Footers I have a Page Break, but it only seems to force a new column, not a new page. Can anyone tell me how to force a new page? I'm sure I found an example previously somewhere showing how this is done, but I can't find it anymore. Thanks, Richard ...

Grouping results on a report (need a little help)
I created a report based off of the filteredlead and filteredannotation views so that I could pull data regarding the leads and the notes regarding those leads, below is the SQL statement I use to do this SELECT dbo.FilteredLead.companyname, dbo.FilteredLead.new_productname, dbo.FilteredLead.new_clientbusinesstypename, dbo.FilteredLead.subject, dbo.FilteredAnnotation.notetext, dbo.FilteredLead.fullname, dbo.FilteredLead.description, dbo.FilteredLead.leadsourcecodename, dbo.FilteredLead.owneridname FROM dbo.FilteredAnnotation INNER JOIN dbo.FilteredLead ON dbo.FilteredAnnota...

Need visual indication if Outlook Options set to search all text
Searching all text in each message can be very handy, but isn't necessary most of the time. There really needs to be visual indication when this option is active. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defau...

problem with element data type
I'm using MSXML 4.0 in my application and i have a problem when i try to retrieve an attribut value with the property IXMLDOMNode::nodeTypedValue. in my XML i have the element : <MyElem x_date="2006-03-16T12:30:30" x_int="6"/> If i attach an XDR document : <AttributeType name="x_date" required="yes" dt:type="datetime" /> <AttributeType name="x_int" required="yes" dt:type="number" /> In my application, if i call : _variant_t x = y->attributes->getNamedItem(L"x_date")->...

How do I combine Pubisher documents
How do I take seperate publisher docs and combine them into a larger newsletter? Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "newspaper teacher" <newspaper teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E5B137-AD99-4E08-B902-5106100FC4CD@microsoft.com... > How do I take seperate publisher docs and combine them into a larger > newsletter? I have a method on my web page. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http...

Hide #N/A in chart
Hi All, Kindly give me full steps to hide #N/A in chart. Thanks What you mean in "hide #N/A in chart"? "Hassan" escreveu: > Hi All, > > Kindly give me full steps to hide #N/A in chart. > > Thanks ...

Link a chart from another Excel file
I can't figure out how to paste a chart (with data I guess) into another Excel file so that it's linked. I'm doing it in Excel 2000. Can anyone help? thanks. Hi Andy: I dont have XL2000 (but 2003). You can Copy and "Paste Special" [select: Paste as Link] from Excel to Word, and likewise from Word to Excel, but not from Excel workbook A to Excel workbook B weirdly enough. However, I tested it by copying and pasting as link the chart from Excel to Word and then from Word to a new Excel workbook (again copy/paste special, selecting "paste as link"). N...

how do I show a discontinuous chart axis
-- Sam See Jon Peltier's work http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "SamR" <SamR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46188826-18A9-43CF-9FFB-C533905EA30E@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sam ...

Why do I lose legend labels when updating chart data?
Each week I update my charts by adding a column to the source data and then updating, or extending, the chart to include the new week. One of my charts has a problem in that when I do the update, the legend labels revert to "Series 1, Series 2," etc. Is there a setting I can use to stop that from happening? I have other charts that don't exhibit this behavior. Thank you. Hi, The default Series 1, Series 2 etc are used when no information is supplied for the series name. Are you including a row or column that contains series name when you adjust the source data? Cheer...

Unable to type into a CRM 3.0 form
I just switched to a Dell Latitude D610 and am running CRM 3.0 using both browser and Outlook 2003 client. I am working fine when all of a sudden, I can no longer type text onto a CRM form field. I am not locked up. I can still move my cursor, choose from a picklist, etc. I just cannot type into a text field. Any thoughts? May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the google or msn toolbars installed? Try removing them and see if that fixes the problem. May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the g...

replace axis text with graphics on excel chart (excel 2003)
Hi, does anyone know how to replace the axis text on an excel chart with graphics? So for example if I have a bar chart and the x (vertical) axis has values from 0 to 100 - I'd like to replace the numbers 0 - 100 with smiley face graphics - anyone got any ideas? thanks so much in advance, Ed. Hi, One possible way is to use a dummy data series plotted as an xyscatter. Then use custom markers. Jon Peltier has an explanation of using custom markers. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html Cheers Andy Mad_Hatter_29 wrote: > Hi, > does anyone k...

How to extract only badge numbers from such a column?
Excel 2003 user. I have 3 columns like this in A,B & C. 1/2/2010 #13837-SALARY PAID FOR JAN-10 120.00 1/2/2010 #13838-SALARY PAID FOR JAN-10 215.00 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11136 903.47 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 12536 894.20 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13044 292.49 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13159 282.78 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 12199 1,169.64 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11261 2,623.03 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13630 626.25 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11840 668.22 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT ...

How do i page left or right a set number of columns, rather than
i am wondering how i can set this up so i can page left or right a set number of columns rather than paging left or right controlled by the data in cells? For example: with no data in any cells, and you hit Ctrl + right arrow it takes you all the way to the end of columns (xfd)?? If i have columns A-I showing, why can't i hit Ctrl = right arrow and move to J-R?? Thanks You need to add a macro buttons and assign these macros: Code: -------------------- Sub Shift_Right() ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=1 End Sub Sub Shift_Left() ActiveWindow...

locking rows at top of chart
I am wondering how, in Office XP, to lock the first two rows of my Excel worksheet at the top, like a header, so they stay there when I scroll down the rest of the chart. Blue, Select cell A3. Window, Freeze panes. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "blue-j-rock" <blue-j-rock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC5194F-97AE-4550-B32C-23D0A5871D4E@microsoft.com... >I am wondering how, in Office XP, to lock the first two rows of my Excel > worksheet at the top, like a header, so the...

No columns ---> is my Outlook profile corrupt?
In my Outlook 2000, I have a network mailbox and Personal Folders (PST). I have many sub-folders in my PST. I did something, and now whenever I click any one of my sub-folders no columns appear in the Preview Pane window such as From, Subject, Received, etc.... I have many sub-folders. I don't want to have to manually go to each folder and re-build these columns for each sub-folder. How can I make this setting global? Or is my Outlook profile corrupt? if you don't have any or any custom views start outlook with the /cleanviews switch. It will delete all custom views... at sta...

data type for less than 1
What data type would be suggested for values ranging from approximately 0.1 to 20, with no more than three decimal places? If I am understanding correctly, float does not work below 1.175494351 E - 38, and that would explain why I get 0.000000 when I hope to see 0.556. ??????? Float should work just fine for what you're doing. Do you know what that value, 1.175494351 E - 38 , means? Double is easier to use than float, as it is the 'default' for C/C++ for most operations. I don't intend upon sounding mean, but I want to emphasize the seriousness: unless you mistyped ...

Help needed with Pivot Tables
Hi, I've a slightly tricky task which I'm sure can be automated but am struggling to find out how. Basically I am sent a monthly report with sales figures with about 10 columns and 1000s of rows. On one worksheet I list the gross amount we have sold in each product per month. One of the columns shows the product name. I also copy this original report into another worksheet from which pivot tables run from to list the amount of sales to each company YTD. My problem is this - now I need to list the monthly values of sales from certain clients. Unfortunately the reports that I recei...

multiple colors on area chart
I've designed a chart with dates (months) on the X axis and numbers (percent) on the Y axis. Currently, I am using the "Area" chart type which colors the entire area below the graph line as one solid color. I wish to have the color change from one color to another at certain points on the X axis. An example of something similar is found at the bottom of the linked page: http://gueriteadvisors.com/Strategy/indicators.cfm any help would be greatly appreciated!! Plot two series in a stacked area chart, one that has the value when the chart shows red (and zero otherwise)...

Text to column #5
I have a text file of data that i get on a daily basis and have to perform the 'text to column' function on each time. Is there a way that i can just place the new text data in column A and have it automatically updated starting in, say, column C. Alternatively, if that isnt possible is there a function i can write to extract the data from the text file myself. Example: Text in A1 abc 123 def 456 ghi How can i extract abc, 123, def, 456 and ghi into cells c1 through g1? If your text string is always the same length and format, one clunky solution would be to write ...

Combine lines in a Report?
Charity sending tools and equipment to the 3rd world. Table of Projects linked to ProjectDetails table holding all Items being sent with their quantities, weight etc. (Many different types of items) Projects are also linked to a Container table. One Report produces a 'Gift Certificate' for each Project, listing each item for that project and all details - no problem. A one-page Consolidated report is also required for all projects in a container, listing all items with their combined details. If the same type of item is sent to say 3 Projects, how can I combine the ent...