need variable time axis available in XY chart for area chart #3

I am unable to use different X axis in the Area chart, which is available in
the X Y charts.  How do I use the X Y chart features of variable X axis to
make the area chart?
0
Byron (12)

I need assistance on Rand() and Combo box in '97
To begin with I apologize for the cross posting, but I am new to these groups, and an not sure of the protocols. I am attempting to do several things with a spreadsheet. For background info, the purpose of the spreadsheet is to assist in the running of a PBeM version of a wargame called Battletech. Here are the two things I need assistance for: Drop-down Listbox within the spreadsheet. There are 3 different arrays of data that I would like to be able to access as a dropdown list to fill a cell. I have figured out how to do this, on an individual basis. My question is, can the ...

Secondary Y axis
I need to create a chart with a secondary Y axis to compare two different values on one chart Hi Louise, Create the chart with both series. Then select the series that needs to appear on the secondary axis. Right click and choose Format object. On the axis tab pick secondary. Most chart types, with the exception of 3d styles, will allow this. Cheers Andy Louise wrote: > I need to create a chart with a secondary Y axis to compare two different values on one chart -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks Andy, you helped me too with that one! "Louis...

Need text/detail of appointments in Word doc for non-Outlook users
Dear All, Further to and concurrent with my enquiries about missing information in appointments, I also need to share the entire holiday schedule with my Mum, sister and cousin. They do not have Outlook. They do have Word. My idea was to email them a Word document containing the holiday schedule. I searched your help database and could only find references to techniques which embedded an icon which then opened the Outlook calendar. I need to dump the entire subject, text/notes and dates contained in approximately 20 appointments so that they can be informed of our schedule. How do...

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

LookUp Function #3
Hello! I'm running Excel XP and trying to figure how to run vlookup from tw colums. The form is for working out the next standard size up. Enter number i A and a number in B and in C it pulls thro the code from 'datarange where A is more then or Equals 'datarange coloum A' AND B is more the or Equals 'datarange coloum B' Any Ideas. Please find attached JPG. Hope i've explained enough. Thanks Ala +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: excel1.jpg |Download attachment: ...

I switched from IMAP to POP 3, Delete in tool bar greyed out?
Also on the advanced tool bar it still gives the options in the current view as IMAP options although I deleted the IMAP account and added the POP 3 account and that is the only account on Outlook? Any ideas? Thank you for you help. PS I even deleted the POP 3 account and re entered it with same results. ...

Stacked Line Chart
I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the whole group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the 3rd line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from the previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines? Sure it's possible, but I don't know what you mean, "it picks up the line from the previous stacked line". Stacked means each line's value is added to the previous total, so if the value of the third it...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

How to upgrade from CRM 3 to 4 with CRM 3 to GP 9 connector in pla
I currently have an environment with CRM 3.0 and the integration connector to GP 9.0. I'd like to upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 in-place. Is there anything special I need to do to keep the CRM to GP connector working after the upgrade? There's no custom code or custom workflows as part of the CRM/GP integration, just a vanilla install. Thanks! Hi Bill, I am sorry to say that currently no connector available for GP with CRM version 4.0 from Microsoft. Neither the existing connector works with version 4.0. You may have to migrate to any of the 3rd party vendors such as Scribe. If ...

How do I create an area and line combination chart?
I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? Hi, Ignore the built-in combinations and create your own. Start with creating a Line chart with your data. Then select the line series that you want as an area chart. Right click and pick Chart Type to select the required Area chart type. Cheers Andy Nuala wrote: > I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it > is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://ww...

need a formula 11-15-09
need to find the formula for b3 is 8 hrs c3 = -.50min / b3 is less than 8hrs c3 -.25 example b3 8. hrs c3 7.5 hrs / b3 6. hrs c3 5.75 Terry: take a big breath and retype this slowly using punctuation and line feeds. We do want to help but this makes no sense to me Unlike cell phone text messages, there is no word-count cost. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0B8990-E7EE-4FF7-9FE1-5577D1DBF3EE@microsoft.com... > need to find the formula f...

Adding time values
Hi to all, I'm trying to add time values together, EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of 2:00 Is it possible to do this in Excel? Thanks in advance, John. Yes, just put the two times in separate cells, and add them =A1+A2 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Johnty" <johnmcgibbon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1113600171.db49c715fe9c4e0642762c5471fb6105@teranews... > Hi to all, > > I'm trying to add time values together, > > EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of...

Forwarding Messages #3
When I forward a message out of my sent items box I lose the text of the message. The message is still there and tells me of the action on the top. How do I retain the text of the message also. Nathan ...

Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0
Hi, does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0? Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five digits but that will not work in my scenario. Any suggestions? J�rg Hi Jörg, Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change? I could change the precision of some existing fields through: Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>> -> Precision picklist. You can have up...

changed time and date and messed up appointments
Hi I recently went to UK from Australia, then to italy, I must have changed the time zones, and now my appointments are all over the place, Is there a way of getting them back to original times and dates. for the future is there a better way of handling time zones. i also use a pocket pc where i probably changed zones as well. thanks tim See the following MSKB article for a workaround: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197480 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mes...

Stock High-Low-Close Chart
Is it possible to produce a Hi-Lo-Close chart with reversed axes - ie with the Hi-Lo bars horizontal rather than vertical? The normal HLC chart has stocks listed along the x axis and price up the y axis. How would I switch this around? I want to display a series of stocks listed down the y axis and the hilo price range given across the x-axis. Thanks for any advice on this. Tim, Assuming your data is first set up like this and cover the range A1:D8: High Close Low Conoco 41 39.5 38 Exxon 42 40.5 39 Shell 41 39.5 38 Baker 40 38.5 37 Halliburton 39 37.5 36 Marathon 40 38.5 37 Diamond 40...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Fill Down based on variable, offset?
Hi all and thanks for such an AMAZING site! You've vicariously gotte me out of several programming jams in the past, and I'm now a littl embarrassed to find myself between a code and a hard place. I am writing (trying, anyway) VBA to do the following: Once a macro is executed, excel looks at rows that have the followin information: ColA ColB ColC ColD ITEM# SLOT# DESCRIPTION # of Labels 5301 DF212 Black Beans 5 1624 CA172 Rice 2 I need to tell excel to (on a different sheet) create: 5301 Black Beans DF2...

how do I print multiple print areas on one page
I have a wide worksheet that is not very deep i.e. lots of columns but not many rows. I have it in landscape but it is still too wide to go on one page. I would like to be able to print the right hand side of the worksheet underneath the left hand side of the worksheet, on one page, rather than having to print out two pages. Is this possible? This is a common question. The only way to do this is to create what you want printed. In other words, copy all of your data to a blank sheet, then cut/paste to get what you want, then print it. You can do this with a macro and nev...

Need help plz! Unable to Send/Recv emails in OE.
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages: 1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavail...

progress billing for Time and Materials project type
hi all can I use progress billing for Time and Materials project type in Project Accounting? Thanks in advance.. ...

Adding times that exceed 24 hours?
I know this has been discussed quite a bit, but I can't seem to get my head around the solution to this problem. I have a table with times stored in 24 hour format and need to add those times on an access report. Currently, I'm using sum and the column name; however, when the time rolls over past 24 hours, a day is added (so 1:20:23:20 would be 44 hours, 23 minutes, 20 seconds). Instead of 1:20:23:20, I need 44:23:20 to show on the report itself. I understand Access isn't setup to be able to natively handle such a task. I'm also not finding the difference between two times - I...

Solver problem #3
I have a complex equation that is equal to zero with just one unknown that I have entered as "x". I need to know how to use solver to solve for the unknown variable. How do I do this? It seems like it should be simple, but I'm not sure how to enter the unknown into the equation. I keep getting the error, "Invalid target cell." Which makes me think that I should enter the unknown into a different cell, or something else. Please help!!! Assume some value for this x, and then enter this cell as 'by changing cell'. Your equation cell should be the target cell....

Stop Chart Style (Format) Update
Hi TWIMC, I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a pivot table that aggregates data based on REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE etc etc. Once I have set up the chart they way that I would like it to look, if I then make a change to the selection using the pivot chart buttons, e.g. I select a country and the chart re-formats itself back to what appears to be the default style. I've set my chart style to the default but it still doesn't keep my chart style. What I want is that the chart style remains the same but the new values are just plotted onto the chart. I'm sure there is an option to turn ...

Exchange 2003 Public Folders #3
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise with 3 storage groups. One of our users is receiving following message: ''Public folder is over its size limit: {server name} This public folder has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. The public folder size is 68001 KB. Public Folder size limits: You will receive a warning when this public folder reaches 50000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce the size of the public folder. To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using. Will the Public folde...