Need to make a "dartboard" chart

Hi

I need to make a business chart in order to track percentages; the idea is
that it's circular, with the centre being 100% and the outside rim being 0%.
Each department will have a "dart" (i.e. a point on the chart) showing what
percentage they've achieved, the closer to the centre the better.

Is there a template anywhere which might help me with this?
0
Camerhill (1)

In article <379A9683-0675-4596-94A6-6E532F4D5634@microsoft.com>,
Camerhill@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hi
>
> I need to make a business chart in order to track percentages; the idea is
> that it's circular, with the centre being 100% and the outside rim being 0%.
> Each department will have a "dart" (i.e. a point on the chart) showing what
> percentage they've achieved, the closer to the centre the better.
>
> Is there a template anywhere which might help me with this?

Interesting idea.  Not difficult to create.  Use a bubble chart with
all points centered at the same (x,y) coordinate and bubbles of
different sizes.  For example:

0	0	100
0	0	75
0	0	50
0	0	25
0	0	2

where the first 2 columns are x,y values and the last represents the
bubble sizes.  Double-click the plotted series and from the Options tab
check 'Vary colors by points,' for 'Size represents' check 'Width of
bubble,' and set 'Scale bubble size to' to 300%.

For some reason, XL leaves a lot of white space on a bubble chart (yes,
even with the 300% setting).  But, you can expand the chart to fill up
the computer monitor

Set the x-axis and y-axis min to -1 and max to +1.

Also, set all of the following to none:
Y-axis: Line and tick mark labels
Chartarea: Border and area
Plotarea: Border and area.

The final effect will be a set of concentric circles in your worksheet.

To add the department 'darts' add data values such as
0.25	0	5
0.1	0.1	5

and add these as new *points* (not new series) to your chart.

You can also add data labels if you want.

Looks really nice if I say so myself. {grin}

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions
Camerhill,

I think a radar chart, with a little tweaking, can do what you want .

If your department names are in column A, and the percentages are in column
B, put this in column C in C2, and copy down:

=100%-B2

Now select column A and Column C (use the Ctrl key).  Make a radar chart.

You'll want to remove the axis labels (0-100%), since they're backwards, and
there doesn't seem to be an option to reverse the axis.  Format - Axis -
Patterns tab - Tick-mark labels: None.  The formula in column C reverses the
percentages, making higher percentages get plotted closer to the center.

You'll want to remove the lines connecting the points.  Right click a line,
Format data series - Pattern tab - Line: None.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Copy down.
"Camerhill" <Camerhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need to make a business chart in order to track percentages; the idea is
> that it's circular, with the centre being 100% and the outside rim being
> 0%.
> Each department will have a "dart" (i.e. a point on the chart) showing
> what
> percentage they've achieved, the closer to the centre the better.
>
> Is there a template anywhere which might help me with this?

0
someone798 (944)

How do I create a "dartboard" chart in Excel?
How do I create a chart that looks like a dartboard, i.e. it works like a radar chart, but is round and with the ability to colour different "rings" to represent different bands of scores? Try a Donut chart. This will give you the rings, and you can make 20 segments in each ring to build up the wedges. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Simon Davis" <Simon Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:779E3583-AD32-48B1-BAA8-D1C072CEC36F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a ...

Looking for a dartboard type chart
I'm looking for a chart or graph that looks like a dartboard. I need to be able to split the outside circle into 4 sections, the next circle into 4 sections and be able to put words in them. The inside sections need to be split into 7 sections with words and a separate center bullseye. Any help is appreciated. Using MS Office 2003. Thanks! Vera - You might be able to work something up using a Doughnut chart. This data will give you 4 + 4 + 7 uniquely formatted segments: inner middle outer a 1 b 1 c 1 d 1 e 1 f 1 g 1 h ...

Need to make a "dartboard" chart
Hi I need to make a business chart in order to track percentages; the idea is that it's circular, with the centre being 100% and the outside rim being 0%. Each department will have a "dart" (i.e. a point on the chart) showing what percentage they've achieved, the closer to the centre the better. Is there a template anywhere which might help me with this? In article <379A9683-0675-4596-94A6-6E532F4D5634@microsoft.com>, Camerhill@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi > > I need to make a business chart in order to track percentages; the idea is > tha...