Need specific tick marks on Y axis

I am sure this is probably something really easy, but for the life of me I
can't seem to figure it out.  I tick marks on the y axis from 0 to mark 260
and 420.  The biggest that I would need is 600, but I must have the 260 and
420 marked.  How do I do that?  I tried to change the minor/major things, but
that didn't work out.  I am trying to chart my peak flow readings for my
asthma, and the 420 and 260 designate the zone lines of how bad my asthma is.
 Thanks in advance!  ")
0
myhounds (3)

You can put "ticks" wherever you want following this procedure:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

You might also prefer this approach, to mark 260 and 420 across the
entire chart:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

myhounds wrote:

> I am sure this is probably something really easy, but for the life of me I
> can't seem to figure it out.  I tick marks on the y axis from 0 to mark 260
> and 420.  The biggest that I would need is 600, but I must have the 260 and
> 420 marked.  How do I do that?  I tried to change the minor/major things, but
> that didn't work out.  I am trying to chart my peak flow readings for my
> asthma, and the 420 and 260 designate the zone lines of how bad my asthma is.
>  Thanks in advance!  ")

XY charts: can't plot Y vs. value of X
I'm trying to plot the values of Y (in column C) vs. the values of X (in column A), but the chart plots the spreadsheet line number rather than the column A value, even though the pop-up window shows column A is select for the x-axis. Also, it is now very difficult to select the data points in different columns. It was easy before, by holding down the shift/control keys and using the arrow keys. I really hate the 2007 version! I was VERY proficient with XL before, and now I am totally helpless trying to create some simple X-Y charts. The help tools are totally worthless! Microso...

Column chart with 2 Y axis's
I have two Y axis, the secondary is 10x the primary in values. The 1 data series plotted against the secondary axis shows up right on top of the 4 data series plotted against the primary axis. Is there some way to avoid this, so all 5 data series appear side by side with no overlap? Thanks!!! Norm PS Excel 2002 & WIndows 2000 Pro Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good Plot the data series you want on the secondary axis not once but 5=20 times. Ensure all of them are on ...

Need help with SQL tables
After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP. I received the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in to a table. I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this. We don't have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio Express. Can anyone help me? I just need to know the script that will add it to these tables. Thanks. Tracey D "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum. Once added, use ano...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Need Help to create Summary sheet.
Hello: I'm working on Excel2000. In one excel file i have one sheet "MasterData" as show below: ********************************** EMP_CD WORK_DT WORK_HRS ----------------------------------------------------- ASH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 MAN 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 1 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 RXK 8/25/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NSH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 ASH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/26/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 ********************************** Now, I need to create summary sheet (New Sheet) in same file , whic will show...

need help with formula #2
how to write a formula? if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply difference by 33 add together -- Kerri Where do I find the difference "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply > difference by 33 add together > -- > Kerri See Help for "IF worksheet function" I can't be more specific without a better description of the alternative calculations. Jerry "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell ...

Specific steps to allowing receive as / send as for exmerge E2k3
Can someone tell me the exact specific steps to allowing "receive as" and "send as" for the "administrator" account as explained in Reference: (Exmerge rights for moving a mailbox to a pst file) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273642 Not a administrator type so need some help here! Thx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 Receive As should show up first in the list of permissions, Send As is in the same place. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "T...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

Need help w/ formula
Is there a formula that will change another cells information w/o having a formula in that particular cell. For instance, the IF(N5=Removed" then J5=0) without putting a formula in j5? No. A cell formula cannot change another cell. You can write code to react to value changes in cell N5 and the *code* can change the value in J5 "Todd Nelson" wrote: > Is there a formula that will change another cells information w/o having a > formula in that particular cell. For instance, the IF(N5=Removed" then J5=0) > without putting a formula in j5? No, you cannot ...

Autoadjusting Y axis minimum
I want the axis to adjust to 2/3 of the lowest value in my chart. How do I get my minimum to change? When I set it to auto it just starts at 0. You have to do it programmatically. Jon Peltier has shared code on the subject. Search google.com's archives of the XL newsgroups. For a readymade solution check the AutoChart Manager add-in available from my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <088801c3c33e$a17899d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, adam.skin...

Need Help creating a formula****PLEASE
I am a manager in a big office where agents log into their phones to get calls. We keep track of how many minutes an agent is "logged off" of their phone system. I would like to be able to have a formula to use in Excel to speed up the calculations for this info. Here is what the info looks like that I am given and what I need to calculate: Sunday, December 03, 2006 Agent Login Time Logout Time # of minutes logged out Doe, Jane 6:58am 8:51am (need to find # minutes from 9:39am-8:51am) Doe, Jane 9:39am ...

Need help with creating rules for autoresponce
Hi, I been trying to learn how to make an automatic replies with outlook. I looked at some tutorials, but it seems that I'm missing some functions. I can't find the "replay with message" action, the closest thing it gives me is a "reply using a specific template". So I try to make a template, but I don't have the option to save as a .oft. I even tried changing the extention of my word file to .oft, but it just turns it into a blank e-mail. I am currently using office 2003 pro. Any help would me greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced there are steps h...

activies need to roll up from sub-accounts to accounts
activities associated with an account need to rollup through all parent accounts above. Jerry http://www.iBizInitiatives.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?m...

Copying Specific Values From Sheet
Hi. Is there a way to copy specific rows from 1 sheet to another? For instance I have a workbook containing 4 tabs. These are labeled "raw data", "Sheet A"," Sheet B", and "Sheet C". On the "raw data" sheet there are 3 columns. One of the columns is titled "Project". In there the values are A, B, C or D (and maybe E someday). I would like to say "if the "Project" column contains and "A" copy everything on that row to "sheet A". Basically I want to take all t he information that has a proje...

NEED HELP: Who are MBS Partner here?
To prepare the MBS CRM exam, I need the courseware download from Microsoft Website. I email the MBS, they gave me a link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/training/materials/ But I can’t login, it says:” The email address you entered was not found in our records. Please check the email address and try again.” Could anyone please directly send me the courseware to prepare the exams? Thanks a lot! Jim Hi Jim That link takes you to a list of the available courseware. You must then order the courseware through a Microsoft Partner, so you best bet is to contact a Learning Soluti...

Need advice on 5.5 migration
Our current setup is all NT4 servers and I am running Exch 5.5. My boss wants a whole new domain created for new servers that we will be getting that will be running 2003 server and exchange 2003 (current servers are too outdated for an upgrade). I have set this up in a test environment and created the trusts and ran the ADMT and things ran fairly smoothly except password issues but that may be another post later. My question is which is the best way to approach this from an Exchange standpoint? Should the 2003 join the existing site or should I create a new exchange site for the 2003?...

Change "Y" axis from integer to text
Excel 2k Is it possible to change the range on the Y axis from numbers (0-50-100) to text (low-medium-high) without just placing text boxes on the chart? Please let me know how!! You can simulate the effect. See http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#VertCatAxis -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <077501c48c13$dde7a6b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Excel 2k > > Is it possible to change the range on the Y axis ...

Adding 2nd Y-axis to Excel2003 chart
I am making a simple line chart with two types of column data. I want to represent them with separate Y-axes. However, when I select the two columns of data and go through the Chart wizard the secondary Y-axis option is inaccessible. Excel 2003 help is no help as it tells me to go to the Format Menu, click Selected Data Series then click the Axis tab, but there is no such option under my format menu. How do I select the secondary Y-axis option? Hi, The chart wizard does not give you the option to place the selected data on 2 axes. You will have to do it once the chart is cre...

different colors for x-Value axis
I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it possible? Example I-1, I-2 black II-1, II-2, II-3 grey III-1, III-2 red IV pink V-1, V-2, V-3 green -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from source cell. -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan "Khoshravan" wrote: > I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it > possible? > Example > I-1, I-2 black > II-1, II-2, II-3 grey > III-1, III-2 red > IV pink >...

Formula needed #2
Right all you clever people, I need a formula for my tax spreadsheet who can help me? I'm doing my mileage. I can claim back 40p a mile for the first 4,00 miles, then 25p a mile after that. I've been using this formula for the 40p a mile: =D75*0.4 (D75 bein the "total miles" cell) Fairly straightforward, but how do I make it so it adds 0.4 for th first 4,000 then 0.25 for everything after that. Is this possible? Thanks in advance -- dancingbear7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dancingbear72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

Need WAN0distributed filesystem... Groove Server?
I have a client with a workforce that are geographically distributed, and as such, doesn't have a single office where all users are located. They have a few servers, including an AD domain, and we have been using the Frontpage Server Extensions of IIS5 (Server 2k3) on their data server to share files over the WAN, but Windows 7 and the newest version of Mac OS X don't appear to be working properly with the (admittedly cheesy) FPSE solution. The way they were doing it, they just added a "My Network Place" to their XP installations that pointed to http://server....

HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC?
Does HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC, otherwise after calling the CTREECTRL member function, the variable's value will be changed? Thanks for your answer. >Does HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC, otherwise after >calling the CTREECTRL member function, the variable's value will be >changed? Generally the answer is no, but it'd be clearer if you showed some example code that you're worrying about. Dave ...

Need help with Multi-workbook COUNTIF formula!!
I have monthly worksheets that use drop down boxes to pick criteria from lists. The linked cell outputs a number based on what the chosen criteria was in the drop down box. Currently I use this outputted number on a summary sheet with a COUNTIF formula ie COUNTIF(Sept!$R$3:$R$200,2) to summarize monthly info. I would like to generate yearly info instead without having to generate monthly totals first. Is there a formula that can use both ranges - Jan:Dec and $R$3:$R$200 - with the criteria of the linked cell ie. 2? ...

New comp. running XP; NEED Publisher from 98SE; How?
HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. ASAP? I have 2 newsletters for my church that I can't work on until I get this straightened out! Cheryl Smith <Cheryl Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED > Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. Publisher does not come with any version of Windows, it is a separate application. The Publisher that is/was on the ...

Q: Charting with two variables on the Y-axis
Using Excel 2000: Hey all, I have two tables and want a line graph based on one row, but with the values of another row: Votes: ------ Region1: 10, 10, 15 Total: 50, 60, 100 Satisfaction Rates: ------------------- Region1: 60%, 80%, 45% Overall: 50%, 90%, 50% I want a line graph that compares the satisfaction rates of region 1 vs. overall (ie, it will show two lines, one for region1, one for overall). That's pretty straightforward. However, what I also want is, for Region1, to show the vote counts as values above (or below) the datapoints for the region 1 line. Can this be ...