Need large gap in chart

I am making a line graph with 2 sets of numbers that are very far apart - one
set of numbers is around 7000 to 8000, and the other set is closer to 80,000.
Of course, I get one line at the top of the chart that is pretty easy to
read, but the line on the bottom that represents the smaller numbers is just
TINY and looks pretty much straight.

My question is this: is there a way to put a "break" into the graph between
the smaller numbered data and the larger ones so they are all easier to read?
Like a jagged line showing where the jump occurs or something?

Hi,

Jon has an example, which includes a couple of links to alternative
solutions.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

Although the examples are for column charts the principle is the same
only you only need the break on the axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

animated bars for powerpoint chart
hi all- this is a excel/powerpoint question really. I have a very simple % bar chart with 22 vertical bars ranging in values. I' d like to animate the bars to all 'grow' up to 100% (and some music plays) any ideas?? thanks, Theo. Hi, You should post this to the PowerPoint newsgroup, because Excel probably can't do what you want without programming. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.powerpoint&cat=en_US_884a862c-d238-4f41-a3ea-5c77639600cf&lang=en&cr=US -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheer...

Combination Stacked Bar with Single Bar Chart
Greeting Excel Pros, I would like to create a stacked bar chart with a single bar. My spreatsheet layout is below: Col A Col B Col C.......ColU Line #1 Sept 06 Oct 06......Nov 06.....Apr 08 2 Orig 10 5 15 20 3 ADD 1 Data Begins Feb 07 4 Mar Data Begins Mar 07 5 Add 2 Data Begins Feb 07 6 Jun Data Begins Jun 07 7 Add 3 Data Begins F...

Macro needed
Hi all. I have a pricing docment Page 1, a selection of table names etc Page 2 is the pricing table as per number 1 on the 1st page Page 3 is the pricing table as per number 2 on 1st page and so on. What i would like to be able to do is if i remove say number 2 on the 1st page, that the pricing table on page 3 is removed, and so on. Is this possible. I assume the layouts and relating table names may have to be set up. Thanks Matt -- Matt Lynn Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/200912/1 See the article "How...

changing the axis fonts of charts
Hello all! Can anyone help write a macro that would change the size o charts' axis fonts, based on the charts that I select? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried recording one when you did it manually? If you can't generalize it, post the code that you came up with and I bet you get a better response. "cdegar01 <" wrote: > > Hello all! Can anyone help write a macro that would change the size of > charts' axis fonts, based on the charts that I select? > > Thanks! > > --- > Message posted from http://ww...

Delete a large block sender list
Is there a quick way to delete all the entries in the block sender list of outlook express. My mom has built up a list of a thousand and wants to remove it. I have only been able to delete on entry at a time. Is there a quicker way than spending a couple of hours on the computer? ...

Do I really need OFFSET?
I have defined a Dynamic Name as follows: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$4,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1,0,-MIN(chtLen,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1),1) The label for the data is in A3, the data starts in A5 and continues downward. The definition above does start plotting from A5 but adds a blank cell. There is always one extra empty data point that is plotted. Is there an easy fix so that the plot starts at A5 and stops at the last data point? Thanks. See whether changing -1 to -2 (two places) fixes the range definition. If so, you have two non-blank cells that you don't want to count instead of one. On...

Dynamic Range Charts Across Worksheets?
Hi, I'm trying to create a graph of a dynamic range of cells. In order t do this, I defined two named functions (X and Y) to graph. Everythin works great, except that I need to do this for a lot of different set of data on different worksheets. The parameters for each worksheet ar the same, but I'm trying to find a way to get around defining a ne named function for every single worksheet. Is there some way to set the named function to refer to the workshee that the graph is located in, instead of a specific worksheet? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A few ...

Dynamically titling Excel charts
I am creating a spreadsheet tool that will be distributed as a template. The output will be a chart that will graphically show the performance of a particular quote. I would like the title of the chart to be driven by the contents of one of spreadsheet cells. Is that possible? TIA Henry Boyd In article <Xns96AF736AA4A59lhboydlhbcocom@130.81.64.196>, purchasing@lhbco.com says... > I am creating a spreadsheet tool that will be distributed as a template. > The output will be a chart that will graphically show the performance of a > particular quote. I would like the t...

Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart
Hi, I am trying to create a chart (with a data from a table). I'm using excel 2003. I manage to do it pretty well, I'm just facing one problem: I have 2 lines which are crossing eachother in a curtain point. Is there an option to show this exact point on the chart? (meaning, with the exact X and Y location) I couldn't find such option in the chart properties and settings... Many thanks! JJ. -- jinjon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jinjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28903 View this thr...

Need Hotfix as described in 840007
Just recovered from a crash of my Exchange 2000 server. Went ahead and recovered with Exchange 2003. Now all my clients get this error as described in 840007: "There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized" error message when you access your mailbox after you import it to Exchange Server 2003 It says to contact MS for the hotfix, but do I really have to spend $245 for a phone call? Anyone know of another way to resolve this without spending the money? Thanks! If the fix addresses your issue, you wont be charg...

Excel Hyperlink on Chart
Hello, Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? Thanks. Bill Hi AFAIK not possible (or at least not without a huge amount of vBA code) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, >select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? > >Thanks. > >Bill > > >. > ...

How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?
I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" when choosing the colour in Format Data Series, but I still get blue for both. David, The concept described here should work: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/conditional_column_chart/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "david_hutton.NO_SPAM" wrote: > I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they > are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" wh...

How do I make a to do chart for every day of the week?
How do I make a to do chart for every day of the week? I know what a 'to do' list means but what does a 'to do chart' mean? Is it for assigning tasks to individuals on a rotating basis (like chores for the family)? What is the context for one? What do you expect to see on it? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <70B3488F-D17B-4182-9E30-7A766472E875@microsoft.com>, kayleigh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How do I make a to do chart for every day of ...

Bin OverWrite Issue
I REALLY need HQ to NOT overwrite bin locations on the Stores... Each store has its own set of locations, and i NEED that to work! Can anyone recommend a fix or a company that could fix this for me? Can I hire someone to program something special for me? Jessica, If you are interested in looking for a solution for your problem I would love to help. We'd be happy to help you figure out a way to prevent this from happening, and if necessary we can offer a custom solution. If you are interested please give me a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop me an email at rsakry@rite.us. -- Tha...

Why would the same chart appear different to two users?
I created a chart in 2007 Excel which looks fine. I sent the file to a co-worker and when she opens it the chart has all of the data pushed into the left half of the chart with the right side blank. Chart is using a primary and secondard vertical axis. I can provide screenshots of what I see and what she sees if that helps. ...

Can't create dynamic charts
OK, here is my problem....I am trying to create a dynamic x-bar chart and a dynamic moving range chart. I am using the StatPlus add-in and can't get this to work. I have been to probably 30 websites about dynamic charting and have found nothing that applies to either of these charts. I think part of the problem is that I have to create dynamic range names for the data. However, when I try all the different methods of doing this that I've found I am getting a #value error in the cell. This is basically what I want in my chart( of course this is an example, you wouldnt believe the...

NEED HELP!!!!!! CRM 3.0 Outlook Client error
I have two users with problem. They frequently are getting asked for their credentials when accessing CRM via their Outlook. The options are not set to have them prompt for their credentials. If when you supply the system with valid credentials, the system again another 5-7 times before throwing an error or let you in. But if the system lets you in, it will ask again when you try to navigate somewhere else. I have added the CRM url to the Intranet sites and have the option to automatically logon for Intranet sites in IE7. Both users are the new version for CRM 3.0 that is com...

Excel 2003
Further to the answer below, I need the following in one formula! Thank you for looking. If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Mon or Tue or Wed or Thur or Fri then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£17.00) into F1(£Total) but If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Sat then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£20.00) into F1(£Total) but If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Sun then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£25.00) into F1(£Total) but if Cell A1 = V and Cell H1 is between time (0001-0700) then multiply C1 with (£15.0...

Need Help
Greetings, We have a requirement to migrate out Lotus Notes to Outlook 2003. Me and my team has never done such a migration. Can someone please help me in coming out an approach for this. Basically, I would like to know the things to be taken care before, mid and after deployment? How to deploy (i.e tools or something else)? A best practice for such migration, if possible. TIA ...

does \exchsrvr\address need to be shared?
Hi All, we are running exchange 2k3. THis came up as a potential risk during a security assessment. Does this folder need to be shared? I could not find anything on the subject. Thanks! On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:04:01 -0700, lenny <lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we are running exchange 2k3. THis came up as a potential risk during a >security assessment. Does this folder need to be shared? Do you have more than one Exchange server? If the anser is yes, the the answer to your question is also yes. >I could not find >anything on the subject. ...

Bar Chart for Text Data
I am trying to construct a bar chart showing students on the x axis and letter grades on the y axis. The data won't graph unless I make another column assiging a numerical value to the letter grade and plot the number. Any ideas? I am using Excel2000. Thanks Why don't you assign numerical descriptions for the letter grades 0 = E/F 1 = D 2 = C 3 = B 4 = A You can create a bar chart using the numerical info. You can then use Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to relable the Y axis. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Check out Jon Peltier's info on a Vertical...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

Help on displaying recession periods in a financial/ stock chart
Using excel version (10.6501.6626)sp3 How do you shade the chart background to show economic recession periods in a financial/ stock chart. I've fiddled with the drawing function-rectangle box, transparency, etc- but it isn't very satisfactory since it corrupts the column/ line colors and usually washes out when printed. So that doesn't appear to be the solution. And after checking thru Microsoft help and the discussion group messages I haven't found a message addressing my problem. Since we see charts all the time with the recession periods shown I know there is a way to acco...

HELP: Need To Print Better Quotes
I am having a terrible time being able to print a good looking quote from MS CRM. it either prints the plain quote (Address, amount..etc) or i can print the product list (With no address, or nothing).. is there anyway to print a normal quote as others do where you can have the company informaiton and also all of the products that they are buying listed there? one would think that is the most basic feature that is not there.. don't you guys think? ANY help you can provide will be appreciated.. Thanks Quoteless In DC :-) Add a customized quote via Reports using Crystal. >-----Origin...

Need help removing characters in multiple cells
I have an excel 2007 sheet that has over 300 cells in a column that have a name of a store plus a number between paranethesis. Is there a one step way I can remove the paranethesis? Here is an example: K-Mart (ABC#73846365) and I want to have just the following K-Mart Each cell has a different store name and set of numbers within the paranethesis. Thanks Select the range to fix. Edit|replace what: _(* (spacebar, open paren, asterisk) with: (leave blank) replace all It looked like you'd want to remove the space character after the t in k-mart. "<----- Mardm...