Need help with complicated chart (xy chart? z axis? not sure!)

I have two groups of people from a survey I recently conducted, "probably"
people, and "definitely" people. Each one provided a title, as well as
choosing the price range they deemed fair for a particular service.

I want to create a chart that captures how many of each group of people have
a certain category of title and chose a specific price range. Thus, the data
to chart looks something like this:

Definitely:
                          $1000            $ 3000
President                2                    6
VP                         8                    3

Probably:
                          $1000            $ 3000
President               4                     5
VP                         1                    7

Any advice would be GREAT!!
0
Patience (6)

I'm thinking you want a column chart, with the columns displayed in an
appropriate grouping. A pivot table/pivot chart is a handy way to allow
you to investigate different groupings easily. Rearrange your data like
this:

Probability	Rank	Amount	Count
Definitely	Pres	1000	2
Definitely	Pres	3000	6
Definitely	VP	1000	8
Definitely	VP	3000	3
Probably	Pres	1000	4
Probably	Pres	3000	5
Probably	VP	1000	1
Probably	VP	3000	7

Use the Pivot Table Report item from the Data menu to create a pivot
table of this data. Put count into the data area and the other three
fields into the row area, then create a pivot chart from this table. The
default type is a standard column chart, which is fine for exploring the
groupings.

Depending on the order of row fields in the pivot table/chart (which you
can easily adjust by clicking and dragging), your category axis will
have three "rows", arranged like this:

Def.  | Prob.  |  Def.  | Prob.  |  Def.  | Prob.  |  Def.  | Prob.  |
     Pres       |       VP        |      Pres       |       VP        |
              1000                |               3000                |

or this

1000  |  3000  |  1000  |  3000  |  1000  |  3000  |  1000  |  3000  |
     Def.       |      Prob.      |      Def.       |      Prob.      |
              Pres                |                VP                 |

or any number of ways (or actually 3! arrangements, 6 in all). The pivot
table makes it easy to investigate all possibilities quickly.

When you find an arrangement you like, you could then convert the pivot
table to a regular range, and create a regular chart from the converted
table.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP