need help calculating intermediary values

I'm not well enough versed in spreadsheet use to calculate some
intermediate values I need. I would be greatful for anyone who can offer
a formula or suggestion.

I have 1 guidline column, numbered 1-30. Then 2 other columns, A & B are
beside it. The values in A & B change as they go from 1-30, they change
at different rates. I have some intermediary values at given points but
need to calculate what the values in between would be, based on the
fixed values at 1, 4, 8, 15 and 30. Below, I have shown the layout as
best I can without including an attachment. Thanks.

chris@cjalexander.ca

1    1      1
2    2.5   3
3
4    6      7
8    11    15
15    27    37
30    65    95

0
chris3163 (1)

Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Chris Alexander" <chris@cjalexander.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm not well enough versed in spreadsheet use to calculate some
> intermediate values I need. I would be greatful for anyone who can
offer
> a formula or suggestion.
>
> I have 1 guidline column, numbered 1-30. Then 2 other columns, A & B
are
> beside it. The values in A & B change as they go from 1-30, they
change
> at different rates. I have some intermediary values at given points
but
> need to calculate what the values in between would be, based on the
> fixed values at 1, 4, 8, 15 and 30. Below, I have shown the layout as
> best I can without including an attachment. Thanks.
>
> chris@cjalexander.ca
>

> 1    1      1
> 2    2.5   3
> 3
> 4    6      7
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8    11    15
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 12
> 13
> 14
> 15    27    37
> 16
> 17
> 18
> 19
> 20
> 21
> 22
> 23
> 24
> 25
> 26
> 27
> 28
> 29
> 30    65    95

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Duplicate messages ++++ HELP....
I am using Outlook 2002. Setup with one email account only as on offline user to 5.5 Exchange. When I do the send/receive via dial up I pull down whatever messages are on the Server down to the .PST file. Yet when I dial in again I get the same messages over and over. Again I only have one email account setup on the laptop. And it is setup to work offline with a .PST file. Everything I have read and found pertaining to this is if you have multiple acounts setup under the send/receive. This is not the case here. Getting tired of Microsofts constant change and lack of documentation of ...

Neede SmallIf or MinIf function
I have two columns, not necessary next to each other. In these I have someting like 1 3 2 2 1 4 1 5 2 1 3 3 2 3 2 2 3 2 3 3 3 4 Now I need to find the minimum value in column 2, for a certain value, et 2 in column 1. In this case the alue im looking for is 1. I have tried different combinations of SMALL and MIN, SUMPRODUCT and so on with or without Arrayformulas, but I can't find the right way to do it. Any help? regards Jan One way: =MIN(IF(A1:A11=2,B1:B11)) This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you do it correctly, excel will wrap...

Percentage calculation on text columns
I have a sheet that represents exam candidates, their grades over 3 assignments with an average score, in the final COLUMN there is an indication of whether they have passed or failed in the format "Pass" "Fail". I need a formula that will count the overall group and give a percentage of the group that has failed. Can anyone help? -- Connor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Connor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27970 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4...

function pointer help!
I have a callback function void __stdcall CallBackFunc(int, int,double); And I need to have a pointer to it. void (*CallBack)(int,int,double); but the assignment doesn't work... CallBack = CallBackFunc; What am I doing wrong? Thanks as usual! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- Try this instead void (_stdcall *CallBack)(int,int,double); AliR. "Ron H." <rnh@mmm.com> wrote in message news:4739f338$0$7517$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binaries.co...

count between dates help (NETWORKDAYS)
Hello big brains I am trying to find the days and hours between 2 dates 2 columns of dates formated in M/D/YYYY hh:mm 4/23/2004 15:53 and 4/27/2004 10:43 I don't want to count weekends so I used NETWORKDAYS which works to a degree.. giving me 3 (which is days) but it's ignoring the time. I need it to be specific and have it show days and hours difference. I am suprised that it is ignoring it. Unfortunately I am kind of stuck with the dat being in this format. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Maybe this can give you some ideas http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.ht...

CDC Help!
One of the common shapes that seems to be missing from the CDC members is the arrow. Is there a good way to do arrows? I need to create arrows around the circumference of a circle pointing toward the center of the circle. Any hints on how this is best done? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- I'm not sure if CDC has any line caps. In the past I used GDI+ to draw arrows and different kind of line caps. IMHO, the default line caps don't scale very well, so ...

Function help needed urgently!!! #2
Hi anyone who can help... I have two sets of figures 1 is sales and 1 is target. Eg: Sales Target Incentive 5 5 In the Incentive column I want a formula that will calculate the Incentive payment for employees who exceed there target. The easy part is the if statement for example 10% of their sales if they exceed target: =if(sales>target,Sales*10%,0) The complicated part comes in to play when only when they hit multiples of 10 are they entitled to an incentive: If the Sales are 5 and the Target is 5 - no incentive. If the Sales are 10 and the Target is 5 - no incenti...

Combobox Help needed
Hello, I have been trying to populate a Combobox with a filter set to what is being typed in the combo's edit control. If I type in "C" it selects the first 40 "C" then I would like to type in "u" clear the listbox portion and put in the first 40 "Cu" etc.. I would need to clear only the combo's edit box but unfortunately ResetContent()also clears the edit box. It gets the first 40 "C" but then the edit box is cleared. I have also tried using DeleteString. void CCustView::OnEditupdateCombo1() { UpdateData(); if (i>0) { m_CbCust....

Rules Based On Numeric Field Values
Hi, I sometimes get emails which have special standardized notifications in them. Any "special attention" areas are in a consistent format which will also contain numbers that are normally 0. If they aren't 0, then there is some kind of problem. So, the number values can be from 0 to any value. Is there a way to "flag" these in a rule? Ideally, I'd like to change the message color of or priority based on the values seen. Below is partial output from one of the emails with example fields high-lighted: Successes : 10 Failures : 0 <==== Aborted : ...

time calculation 08-14-07
Any Help Please. . . I am new in access, and im doing some calculations from my query design. I need to calculate two fields in a query. It is like cascading calculation that the new field is the result and that result will be added to 2nd and to 3rd row and so on. The calculation is on hh:mm in 24 hr format. please see example: OnChk OffChk On/OffDifference Total Hour 8:59 13:45 4:46 1110:57 => This is carry over figure 8:50 12:57 4:07 1115:04 7:48 9:49 2:01 1117:05 1. I got the On/OffDifference by us...

Not sure why this code isn't working
Hello, I have a subform in Access 2003 with these fields, type of day, OLPEndDate, OLPBeginDate. At the end of each row, I want to calculate the total day taken for that particular vacation request, so if a person took 12/1/2009-12/2/2009 then the last field "TotalOLPTaken" should calculate as 1. What's happening is that it does calculate but all of the rows calculate to the same number. If I put the cursor in the second row and that row happens to have 12/4/2009-12/6/2009, then even the row with 12/1-12/2 calculates as 2. Then if I put the cursor back in the fi...

need some SQL Update Help
I have a Access 2000 db and I have these 2 tables. ArchInvoices --------------- InvoiceID - Primary Key - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - long SaleType - char(1) TransactionDate - DateTime Discount - Integer WholesaleFlag - Boolean PaymentMethod - Char(6) CustPONumber - Char(30) ShortName - Char(30) MdCountCode - char(2) TaxFreeID - char(30) Paid - Boolean FestInvoiceNumber - long The second Table is: ArchLineItems --------------- TransactionType - char(1) Units - integer UnitCost - Double BottleSize - Double LineItemId - PrimaryKey - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - Long - Foreign Key Field from Arc...

Need better understanding of TRIM so I can get rid of trailing spa
I imported a listof names to creat labels. All columns have trailing spaces. I have imported some into Word then done a relace it worked but it was a not the right solution. I understand TRIM in Excel will get rid of Trailing spaces. The examples HELP gives is not clear to me. Please help me get rid of these trailing spaces. Tom Trim should work, Tom, but it's tough to say without seeing your data. What happens if you open the data directly from Excel? What format is it now? Any txt file opened from Excel should give you delimiter options. Are the number of trailing spaces always ...

building an external link based on a cell value
I would like to build an external link in a spreadsheet that automatically changes based on a cell value. For example, I have the following link: =SUMIF('[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]Mar04'! $14:$14,P5,'[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]Mar04'! $18:$18) Instead of Mar04 in the formula above, I would like to use a cell's contents.... cell A8 for example. Is this possible? Thanks, Jason Jason You can use the INDIRECT function. =SUMIF(INDIRECT("'[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]" & A8 & "'!$14:$14"),P5... Indirect ...

Catching the value returned by ImportWizard
Is it possible to capture the values returned by the import wizard. In particular, the filename chosen and the talbe named given to the imported data? Thanks Marykay Hi, Marykay. > Is it possible to capture the values returned by the import wizard. Sorry. Neither the Import Text Wizard nor the Import Spreadsheet Wizard return any values for your procedure to capture. > In particular, the filename chosen and the talbe named given to the > imported data? If you want to get the new table name, create a VBA procedure that checks the current system time, then calls the Import T...

How to concatenate multiple values in text box
I'm trying to code a control source for a text box to concatenate and handle various possible values. There are three fields I need to handle: For example, if the values for the three fields are ... Person_Relation = "Parent" Person_Relation_Other = <NULL> Person_Relation_Type = "Biological" .... my text box should show: Parent :Biological; (The ":" and ";" will be replaced by "(" and ")" but for now it's easier to use something other than parentheses for testing.) If instead the values for the three fields are...

VLOOKUP help again please.
I have also finished my workbook. Now I am stumped on another vlookup function. Since some people dont like to download the file I will explain it in words and attach some screenshots. I need to use VLOOKUP and the discount table on the sheet 3 to calculate the relevant discount rate for the discount rate column in sheet 4. I have attempted it as you see in the screenshot, but it returns #NA. I am not sure if this is because my function is wrong or the discount table is set up wrong (I have entered the values such as "21 to 50", and im not sure if excel recognises this means from 2...

Calculations based on PivotTable information
I am trying to create calculations for Commissions based on Pivot Table information. However, When i try to filter(change the dimension) to show individual Salespeople the columns that i refer to in my calculations change, thus my calculations are in accurate. This is what i am using to calculate when all salespeople are present on the pivot table In Column J IF(AND(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*total",C5)),F5<>""),F5*0.03,"") In Column L IF(AND(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*total",C5)),G5<>""),G5*0.02,"") any help would be appreciated. ...

Excel Crash
Multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried opening the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked fine. I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures, uninstalled/reinstalled Office, and done all the possible troubleshooting on these machines but still error occurs. Any help appreciated, thanks! Isolate the problem as best yo...

A simple question..help!!!
Ok, i'm trying to e-mail with Outlook....now can someone please tell me what the heck happened to the SEND button???? I have searched and searched for it. Where is it?? Please anyone help me out here. Thanks. Amy Hi Amy, which Outlook are you using? 2000?2003?XP? Did you create first of all an email account? Without email account outlook won't show a send button, I think. Or perhabs it is hidden on the toolbar? Greetings Steffi "fireeyesamy" <fireeyesamy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09522C66-14EA-4EB1-B3EB-151209810942@microsoft.com... > O...

Help required on working with date
Hi I have dates in a column in dd-mmm-yy format, like 29-Mar-04 15-Apr-04 13-May-04 I want to put in the column adjecent to this date column the date starting with 1st day of each month like - 01-Mar-04 01-Apr-04 01-May-04 How can this be done by use of formula? I tried but do not get any clue to go futher. -Shanks Hi try =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shanks wrote: > Hi > > I have dates in a column in dd-mmm-yy format, like > > 29-Mar-04 > 15-Apr-04 > 13-May-04 > > I want to put in the column adjecent to this da...

PLEASE HELP!!!!! MAcro Emergency
maybe now someone will help me?? noone has responded to my last 2 post so I am trying to figure it out myself, am trying to build a macro an need to select RELATIVE REFERENCE before I record it, that "sto recording" toolbar was there the first time i tried to record the macr with the button to select relative reference but now every time i try t record the macro that toolbar isnt there anymore and the macro wont wor unless i can first select relative reference, please help before i tak the sledge to this computer PLEASE!! -- RalphS -------------------------------------------------...

Need to upgrade CRM but only have MSCRM database file
Does anybody have any suggestions how to upgrade crm 1.2 to crm 3.0 when all you have is the MSCRM and the METADATA database files from the crm 1.2 install? I assume you mean you have lost the active directory it was installed on with version 1.2? In this case you would be forced to extract data out of these databases with code and import to a new CRM ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "John Steskal" <JohnSteskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2FC01F-E422-49CD-A808-66D5A02B4E59@...

CanPay net pay calculation
I have a garnishee which should be 20% of net. I can't verify the resulting amount. Does anyone know how CanPay calculates "net" pay? Thanks It should be taking 20% of net pay "net of statutory deductions" including Income Tax, EI and CPP. If you want to make it net of pension plans and insurance plans, then you will need to adjust the percentage to approximate. Make sure you set up the Exempt percentage as 80% of Net Pay as well. barb "noyb" wrote: > I have a garnishee which should be 20% of net. I can't verify the > resulting amount. Does...

Need advice with ISNULL
Hi, ISNULL allows me to either return the data in a field or some specified value if the field is NULL. What I want to do is slightly different. I want to return 1 or a 0 based on whether or not there's data in the field. In other words, I don't want to return the data but a value of 1 if there is data. If there's no data, I want to return a 0. How do I do this? -- Thanks, Sam On 21/04/2010 15:56, Sam wrote: > Hi, > > ISNULL allows me to either return the data in a field or some specified > value if the field is NULL. > > What I want...