Multiple XY pairs in scatter plot Excel 2007

I want to create a trajectory plot, being that each trajectory is a
set of XY pairs (2 columns).

For that I've been using the scatter plot, however if I select more
then one pair of XY columns Excel creates multiple Y series using the
first column as X axis values for all the series. So I have been
forced to add series one by one in the Select data menu.

Since I have hundreds of trajectories to plot, I'm searching for a
more practical way to add series to the graph.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

An am assuming the x-values for the two sets of data are not the same.
If they are then there is a simple solution
Otherwise:
An other way (may not be much quicker)
Make chart with first data set
Copy second dataset
Click chart
Use Edit | Paste Special -> New data series -> first column has x-values

For those thinking of giving you a VBA solution for the 100 charts:
1 - data is on different sheet?
2 - same layout (number of points) in all cases?

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DSO" <daniel.s.osorio@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to create a trajectory plot, being that each trajectory is a
> set of XY pairs (2 columns).
>
> For that I've been using the scatter plot, however if I select more
> then one pair of XY columns Excel creates multiple Y series using the
> first column as X axis values for all the series. So I have been
> forced to add series one by one in the Select data menu.
>
> Since I have hundreds of trajectories to plot, I'm searching for a
> more practical way to add series to the graph.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/23/2007 10:30:17 PM
Would this utility be of any help?

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/QuickChartUtility.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"DSO" <daniel.s.osorio@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to create a trajectory plot, being that each trajectory is a
> set of XY pairs (2 columns).
>
> For that I've been using the scatter plot, however if I select more
> then one pair of XY columns Excel creates multiple Y series using the
> first column as X axis values for all the series. So I have been
> forced to add series one by one in the Select data menu.
>
> Since I have hundreds of trajectories to plot, I'm searching for a
> more practical way to add series to the graph.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

German Umlaut in Outlook 2007
Hello! Is there an solution available for the following problem: Received mails in Outlook 2007 are displayed without the German Umlaute. Mails are in UTF-8 coding and Outlook is also configured to UTF-8. But to display the Umlaute I have to switch the coding to something else than UTF-8 and then back to UTF-8 again. After this action all Umlaute are displayed correctly again. This seems to be a rendering bug in Outlook 2007 respective Word 2007. It is described by other users here (German language): http://www.heise.de/foren/go.shtml?read=1&msg_id=12246936&forum_id=7315 Thank...

Excel chart with column and line
Hi, I am preparing a graph. There are two chart-types being shown - column and line, but they are associated. The X-axis shows 'calendar quarters' while the Y-axis shows $USD. The number of column graphs for each quarter can be 1 or 2. For example, in Q1 I have a single column graphs in Q2 2..... I have just a single line graph. My problem is that since the number of column graphs varies the markers for the line graph appear 'offset', which from a visual perspective looks confusing. The marker only appears aligned properly for those quarters that have 2 column graphs....

Excel counter #2
Hi All I have a lot of information which I wish to turn into a tally chart. When adding information (for example count male and female) I wish to click in a tick box and then add one to the total (running total). does anyone know how to do this in Excel. Could this be a macro? Any help would be appreciated as Im a beginner in excel. Thanks Teresa For a possible solution see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Teresa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6034FC83-3FE6-4F9E-9C7C-63CCB0A6C1AF@microsoft.com.....

Access 2007 Auto Format for forms
Dear All, my Access 2007 auto format for forms not working in access 2003 no graphic in form header are visible..is that comparability issue or there is any to do so?? -- Regards, Abdul Shakeel Abdul, Again... asked in later post... the database has to be 2007 format to use that function. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Abdul Shakeel" <AbdulShakeel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Edit data for Excel charts is disabled
Hi everyone, I think I asked this question before but I can't find it now. I use VBA to insert some Excel charts in PP 2007, sometimes the edit data option for charts is disabled and I can't edit the data for that specific chart , any suggestion how I can me it enable again? -- Best regards, Edward ...

Excel #66
I need help? I have a list of names which need a lot of figures to be entered onto a worksheet. The work sheet is vey large and covers some 7 pages on the landscape feature. Is there a way the names can travel along the worksheet so I keep the right figures with the right name?? I have seen it in action but have no idea how to do it, can anyone help??? PLEASE. Tony What you're looking for is: <Window> <Freeze Panes> Here's an old post that might help explain: http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt -- HTH, RD -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How do I open internet explorer from outlook 2007?
Could someone please tell me how to open internet explorer from my Outlook 2007 application? rsaint113 wrote: > Could someone please tell me how to open internet explorer from my Outlook > 2007 application? You don't. Outlook is an e-mail client, not a web browser. If you want to load the web browser then do so, like using the desktop shortcut, the QuickLaunch shortcut, the the shortcut under the Start menu, or by running <path>iexplore.exe at a command line. ...

Excel Database/Pivot Table Issue
Hi! I'm struggling to find an optimal solution for my excel databs problem. My file consists of two tabs - "data" & "summary". Summary tab has my attempt to group the project phases by timeline. But I think pivot table would be a better solution. My problem wit the pivot approach is I've 14 cloumns which make up different phases i my timeline. I want those columns to be the "rows", in the pivot tabl layout. But excel does not allow me to do that. I would apprecaite some help.. I've attached my excel file.. Kavi -- Message posted from http:/...

MS Excel Career Training COurse Must see #2
Learn how to create database, spreadsheets, formulas and much much more. As our present to you included on this CD you get for FREE following: - set of Financial formulas - set spreadsheets examples Ok let's talk now about this training course. Two great ways to learn 1: Content rich Training CDs. Learn the easy way - all you need on one CD High quality Training at an affordable price. Affordable Training that is easy to understand and follow. No boring books to read, no expensive time consuming classroom training It's so easy Learn step by step right from your own desk, anytime ...

I cannot get excell to change to landscape
I want to print in landscape format. Yes I know the way to change it - File page set up page landscape but that does not work. Even when landscape is "clicked" the page still prints in portrait. When I do a page preview it appears in portrait. Any ideas on another "switch" or setting. I have closed excell and restarted but still the same thing. Thank you James Almost always, printing issues in Excel are directly tied to the printer being used. Is your printer capable of Landscape? Does it have some settings that need to be changed (Windows Start>Settings&...

Excel 2003 Worksheet formatting questions
I have created a simple income daysheet for my medical practice. The idea is for all money collected and received in a day to be inputted in that day's day sheet along with the source of the money, why it was received and if there is a check or statement number associated with the payemnt for it to be recorded. My questions are: 1. Column A is for date - I want to automatically enter the current date in each cell in column A. So when a new payment is being entered the current date is automatically entered for the payment clerk. I can get the date in 1 cell using the date functio...

Excel Visual Formula Help For Adding
I have a formula stating Range("G5000").End (x1up).Select and am wanting to add to this where in the selected cell you add 1 + the first cell up. Thank you 1) First of all it should read: XLUP and not X1UP. 2) Your - after correction - formula selects the last filled cell in a range. I'm not sure I understood the rest of your requext... Assuming that the last cell being selected. by the command - what do you want to do from this point and on...? Micky -- והמשך/י, נא, לקרוא את השורה הבאה: *********** אם תגובתי עזרה לחץ/י, נא, על <כן> בפס האופקי התחתון! ...

Imported Visual Basic Module
I've imported a module into visual basic editor and have saved it, but can't seem to pull up the macros in excel. thanks. You mean they don't show up in a list of Macros? Maybe it is a Class Module or all macros within the module are Private Private Sub hello_macro() MsgBox "hello" End Sub Will not be listed in Tools>Macro>Macros You can access by typing the macroname and "Run" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:02:02 -0800, Pat Adams <PatAdams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've imported a modul...

multiple charts
Hi, is it possible to create one chart per line of data? I have file with hundreds of names and their corresponding data that needs to be mail merged into a letter with their chart. Kathleen Hi Kathleen, > Hi, is it possible to create one chart per line of data? I have file with > hundreds of names and their corresponding data that needs to be mail > merged > into a letter with their chart. Try going here http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts/tabid/102/Default.aspx and download the 'Multiple Chart Builder' Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Opening Excel workbook on PC from Mac

Filters in 2007
Filters in 2007 are obnoxious. Everytime you want to drop down on a particular value of the filter, you have to through filter->type of filter --> value of drop down. In the earlier version of excel , one could do just drop down on the filter and that's it. Is there a simpler way to do this in 2007 ? ...

Invisible Excel sheet
Hi Very strange one for you. I have an Excel 2000 sheet. I can open it fine. I pass the same sheet via email and floppy disc to a colleague. When he opens the file, the file apparently opens, but it is totally invisible. When you try to reopen the file (without having closed down the file, because it looks like nothing has been opened, it says that the file is already open. You can navigate around this invisible file (you can see the cell reference change as you move the arrow buttons. We have: Checked that the sheet is not hidden Checked that the window is not hidden. Re-installed Office. ...

Replacing a disk in DPM 2007
The host on server 1 corrupts and can't be repaired or hard disk fails. Either way need to restore complete host Q)What do I need to get the server running again? Do I need to do a complete clean re-install? Does the agent need to be re-installed? If so is there additional configurations server side I need to do? ...

Microsoft Office Student 2007 activation issues
I have recently installed Windows 7 and have had to reinstall my microsoft office program. The installation went through correctly, no problems there. My problem is with activating it. I go through the activation and choose to convert to the full product right away as I have a product key for a full version. I put the product key in and accept it. I choose my options and then it goes to configuration. The configuration goes through correctly and then I get prompted to restart all microsoft office programs for the changes to go through. I do that and then it prompts me to activate...

How do I stop Excel opening up my PDF documents
Hi thanks in advance, Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. How do I stop this from happening? All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Many thanks Isagold Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:14:01 -0700 from isagold <isagold@discussions.microsoft.com>: > > Hi thanks in advance, > Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. > How do I stop this from happening? > All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Your file associations are screwed up. Yo...

excel mouse pointer changed to "unavailable"
Does anyone know why my mouse pointer could have changed from the regular cross to the "unavailable" pointer? (It's a white circle with a black border and a black line running through it diagonally.) It changes from the regular pointer when I am over a cell to the unavailable pointer when I hover over a chart. This happened suddenly when I was updating several charts in a row. Thank you! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice VALIDATE MAC ADDRESS (REGEX) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/562f1fa4-63dd-498a-b3f3-53f9f92129af/validate-mac-...

Installing Office 2007 on new laptop
I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 day free trial of Office 2007. After the disk has been installed and I click on the icon to open the program I get an error message that says something like "You are unable to sign in because the server is unavailable". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and get the same result. This was a disk purchased as a student/instructor disk and has never been used before. On 3/21/2010 11:28 AM, Linda wrote: > I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 ...

Prevent excel from changing numeric data ranges into dates?
I want to prevent excel from changing my numeric data into dates (ie. 10-12, into 12-Oct). I want to import specific data ranges, not a date values. Whenever I paste or type a possible date, like 10-12, excel assumes I am writing Oct. 12, 2004. Then, Excel formats the cell into a Custom d-mmm format (see scrn shot @ www.vd4.org/excel_issue.gif). If I change the Custom format to General, excel converts the date into the DATE'S value (ie. 12-Oct, into 38272; which I think is the # of days since 1900?). How can I *prevent* excel from changing my data ranges into dates (ie keep 10-12 ...

Vlookup, multiple times in one column summing corresponding
I have a list that contains common invoice numbers that appear multipl times in column A and need to use the vlookup function to find and su the corresponding amounts in column B. As you would be aware the following vlookup functio =VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2,FALSE) will only return the one amount once i reaches a match and I need it to continue down the column and sum al matching invoice numbers. Column A Column B 145768 356.87 145769 678.90 145880 80.87 * 145769 103.55 145770 56.90 145769 78.32 145880 54.09 * The answer I�m looking to return is 145880 134.96 It has to be a vlookup sty...

Group / ungroup Publisher 2007
I am trying to group 2 pictures in a text box using Publisher 2007 and Vista. The select / unselect items in the Arrange menu are greyed out. I believe I should be able to use the select tool to draw a box around the items but nothing happens when I click on it. any thoughts please Do you have a border on your page? Are you certain you are selecting all the objects? What happens if you do CTRL+A with your cursor outside the text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ancre15" <ancre15@discussions.micro...