Multiple Charts-Multiple Tabs

I have multiple charts on multiple tabs within an excel worksheet. Is there
anyway to source those charts to the tab name without resourcing the charts
manually? Right now I am going to source data and sourcing them to the right
tab name, I have over 500 charts that I have to resource. Anyone got any
ideas?

Thanks
Nick Anderon

I get the fact that you have lots of worksheets with charts  (one or more?)
on each of them
No sure I understand the what you want to do. Move the charts? or move the
data?
If you click on a data series in the chart and look in the Formula Bar you
will see something like
=SERIES(,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$5,Sheet2!$B$1:$B$5,2)
so the worksheet name is already part of the specs.
Would love to help but your needs are not clear to me - want to give more
info?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nick Anderson" <NickAnderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have multiple charts on multiple tabs within an excel worksheet. Is
> there
> anyway to source those charts to the tab name without resourcing the
> charts
> manually? Right now I am going to source data and sourcing them to the
> right
> tab name, I have over 500 charts that I have to resource. Anyone got any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Nick Anderon

0
Bernard

Format Chart Area
In Office 2003 (v11.0) the "Format Chart Area" window has the "shadow" check box, but is missing the "Round corners" check box. Are there any suggestions for restoring this check box, short of reinstalling. -- Thank you Best Regards John -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "John Smith" wrote: > In Office 2003 (v11.0) the "Format Chart Area" window has the "shadow" check > box, but is missing the "Round corners" check box. Are there any suggestions > for restoring this c...

Pivot Chart
I am studying for a test and created a pivot chart successfully. The instructions then say to select the chart and go to 3dView. My 3d View is greyed out. Where did I go wrong? Thank you. First, change the chart to a 3-D sub-type: Select the chart Choose Chart>Chart type From the sub-types, select a 3-D type Click OK Then, the 3-D View command will be available on the menu. ~D~ wrote: > I am studying for a test and created a pivot chart successfully. The > instructions then say to select the chart > and go to 3dView. My 3d View is greyed out. > > Where di...

Removing wire frame in 3D surface chart.
I'm am experiencing difficulty to view 3D surface chart as the number of data points are increased due to the wire frames in the chart. Is there any way to remove wire frame in a 3D chart? Thanks, Hi Changyok, To get rid of the frame you need to set the border for each of the legend entries to none. The quickest way to do this is to click the legend, then click the legend marker for the first entry. Double click and set the border to none. After the dialog is closed use the left arrow key to move to the next entry. Press F4 to apply changes to the series. repeat for all entries. C...

Linked Charts Lose Formatting
I'm creating a "dashboard" for my company, and as part of this, am linking various information (charts, tables, documents) into one Excel file, and I'm then saving the file as a web page for others to browse. Everything seems to be working, but some of the charts I've copied from another Excel file are losing their numeric formatting. For example, the horizontal axis is formatted as dates in the original file, but in the linked file, they show up as the date serial number (i.e., 39325, 39326, etc.). Also, the numbers in the data table for the chart are no long...

Multiple email accounts #15
I am tryiing to find out how many email accounts can you setup in Outlook2007. From what i see you can only have 2. Any more than that won't show. -- Mrnbooc "mrnbooc" <mrnbooc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D534405-53EF-4231-9FE5-5B13BE4EED94@microsoft.com... >I am tryiing to find out how many email accounts can you setup in > Outlook2007. From what i see you can only have 2. Any more than that > won't > show. > -- > Mrnbooc > > If they are all pop accounts then NONE of them will "show". I'm presuming...

Missing email address tab
We are missing the email address tab from ADUC of a mail enabled account. Exchange 2000 Server. ...

Multiple IIf statements
I'm having trouble placing multiple Include If (IIf) statements in a query. There are a number of organisms with full names in our database, I want to pull them but have them all displayed under the most generic of their names. The following statement works fine up until the second IIf. When I add that segment, I get a message saying I there is a syntax error or I have not included enough brackets. Org_1 Change: IIf([Org_1] Like "ESBL*","ESBL",[Org_1]),IIf[Org_1] Like "CR*","Carbapenem",[Org_1]) The mistake is probably obvious, but could so...

Add source data to an existing chart?
Hello! I am building a chart to display, by date, data in columns G (breakfast), D (lunch), and J (dinner). I can get the chart with dates along one axis and column G along the other, but how do I add the data from D and J to create a stacked bar, to show for each day how each of the three columns compare and give a daily total for all three meals? :confused: THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! :) -- navychef ------------------------------------------------------------------------ navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29457 View this threa...

plots sent to to a chart tab do not show plot & I loss the plot
I have a spreadsheet that has a chart tab with a plot of data from another part of the spreadsheet. Now, however, the chart is empty and when I try to send any plot to a chart tab the plot is lost and the chart tab is empty. This is happening now in all my spreadsheets the plot can be created within a spreadsheet but as soon as I move it to a tab the plot is lost and the chart tab has nothing in it. !!!????!!!! ...

Combination charts #8
I am new to Excel 2007. I cannot find how to plot a combination chart - stacked area with a line superimposed but not stacked. Values of line and total stacked area will be of the same order of magnitude Debbie: I don't think you can do it in 007. Charts like this that I prepared in 003 and brought into 007 went bonkers. Even stacked column charts have problems with the non-stacked line. On Feb 12, 8:52 am, Debbie424242 <Debbie424...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Excel 2007. I cannot find how to plot a combination chart - > stacked area with a l...

multiple page banner
Does MS Publisher allow to make banners that are 'double' wide. The ONLY thing I can see is the pages can ONLY be put serially. That is wether in portrait or landscape, the pages in the banner join to extend the length. I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double rowed (2 pages wide). BQ Super_BQ <Super_BQ@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double > rowed (2 pages wide). You will want to use a custom page size - set the height to the height of two pages min...

Reconcile multiple accounts
I am currently using Money 2004 and have three checking accouts set up in Money but all three are actually one bank account. In an older version of MS Money I could combine multiple account to reconcile as one. Does anyone know if I can do this is Money 2004? If not, I am ready and willing to upgrade to Money Plus Deluxe but want to make sure the combined balancing feature is available before I purchase. Does anyone know if I can do this in Plus Deluxe? Thanks! Really? I don't think this--subaccounts--has EVER been supported by Money. I could be wrong. "jen361" <...

Pivot Chart update
I'm using Excel 2007. I created a simple 2 column pivot table and a pivot chart based on the table. When I change the filtering on the table the chart doesn't update to the new values like it is supposed to. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be turned on or what????? Hi Sharon I have a Pivot Chart in EXCEL 2007 on the screen in front of me. There isn’t a setting that needs to be turned on. In my PivotTable Field List I have two items selected:- MARKET Revenue Last Year I have another field:- REGION - turned off at the moment. I drag REGIO...

Copying charts
I'm using office 2000 SP3, win 2000. I routinely paste excel charts into word as enhanced metafiles and set the line thicknesses and font sizes in excel to produce similar looking charts. I have just installed SP3 and now I find that when the charts are pasted into word, the font and line thickness now appear much smaller than they did with SP2. Do you know why it has done this and is there a solution? Thanks Charles ...

SUMIF and multiple criteria
I have a spread sheet with approx 3000 rows of info The columns A and D of information have thee the criteria I would like to use. Column A is a 4-character alpha-numeric field Column D is a Alpha field For each instance of the value in column A which meets the criteria in colum D, I need to SUM column C. Can anyone help? Please show sample of what you need -- Greatly appreciated Eva "UCfts" wrote: > I have a spread sheet with approx 3000 rows of info > > The columns A and D of information have thee the criteria I would like to use. > C...

using multiple conditions
I would like to know how to write the syntax to test for 1. age>44 or 2. Seniority is >9 and by determining the answer to that 3. Arsenic exposure >4.9 4. Cadmium exposure >2.4 If 1. is true or 2. true then I need to check 3. and 4. if 1. is true or 2. is true and 3 and 4 are false then ? if 1 or 2 is false and 3 or 4 is false then something else would I use and or /and condition. The way I wrote my syntax the or works but the and does not. Any clues on how to write the syntax to check for all 4 conditions? This is one solution: ="1 is "&...

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

position of chart on page moves when outline expands
Hi, I have two charts I have made to the right of a budget table. The top chart is positioned near the top of the page, the second, a smaller summary chart is just under the first one. Problem is, the Budget table is an expandable outline that can expand by dozens of rows. When in expanded mode, the second chart moves way down off the visible page and is only viewable by scrolling, unless I collapse the outline again. The first chart is anchored at the top where little expansion takes place, thus little movement. Is there any way I can prevent this second chart from moving down when ...

Multiple companies / 1 report dictionary / 3 different check stubs
We currently use a modified "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" and Employee Checks Stub on Top and Bottom - L" reports to print paychecks/direct deposit statements. We need 3 versions of this modified report because we have three different companies and the checks require 3 different signatures. Other than the different signatures, the report layouts are identical. We use one reports dictionary for all three companies. How best to achieve this? Best regards, Caroline This is what I would try. You have one format for a check and you can export it out from tool...

Display of tabs
Hi, Is it possible to have the tabs to be shown on multiple line instead of an infinte long line ? Mick Check one of your other posts. Construk wrote: > > Hi, > Is it possible to have the tabs to be shown on multiple line instead of an > infinte long line ? > > Mick -- Dave Peterson ...

Need an Idea on Arranging Data for a Chart
I have an Access Database that has thousands of records in it. Each record has the following fields (simplified): Date, Site, Seconds I have a workbook that wueries the database, and brings in data into a table for each site that has the Date and Seconds on each line of the table. I would like to graph the data, based on groupings that the user will choose, so maybe they would like to each data point on the line be the average for a week, and the line would show 10 weeks, etc. What I am struggling with is how to get from the frist table, to one that is grouped by day, or week, or mont...

MRP
My question refers to the use of multiple sites and how best to manage that when using MRP. We have multiple sites setup with different on-hand quantities. What is the best approach to use with MRP in order for MRP to see that while items may be short in one site they can be moved from another site to satisfy the demand? It appears that the two options we have is to either manage it through exclusions (which could be confusing) or to use multi-bin and set up multiple bins for one site which would actually be representing each of the different sites. Are these the only options or is ...

Excel charts will not go back to Landscape when selected
When I am on a chart sheet and change orientation from landscape to portrait, I cannot recover the landscape orientation. I've tried creating new charts, which originate in Landscape...same trouble...once the orientation is in Portrait, the Landscape orientation will not recover. Any ideas? -- Please, please consider buying GM vehicles; world class quality...really! Recovery: Changed default printer away from a Ricoh product. Why would the print driver influence ability to change View Orientation? I was not attempting to print anything. -- Please, please consider buyi...

Create chart from List Box
How do I use a List Box, with the months in it, allowing the user to click on a month and pull up that particular chart? Do I have to create several charts and use the list box as a hyperlink or can I have the chart create itself? TIA, Brenda Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site that may help you: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html Brenda wrote: > How do I use a List Box, with the months in it, allowing > the user to click on a month and pull up that particular > chart? Do I have to create several charts and use the > list b...

how to creat a chart with t diffrrent scales
hi can any one help me in creating a chart with 2 diff. y axis scales like 0 to 1000 and 0 to 0.001 but x axis being the same or vice versa please Hi, You will need 3 columns of data. Column A contains x axis labels Column B contains data with values in the range 0 to 1000 Column C contains data with values in the range 0 to 0.0001 Select all the data and use the chart wizard to create a line chart. Select the 2nd series, one with the values 0 to 0.0001, press CTRL+1 to bring up the format dialog. On the Axis tab choose Secondary axis. If you want a chart type of column then you will ne...