multiple charts from a single pivot table

Hi
can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table?

Nope.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Yossi evenzur" wrote:

> Hi
> can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table?
No, but you can copy the pivot table to create another which uses the
same pivot cache, so they will refresh in synch with each other, and
share any grouping and calculated fields.
Filtering won't be synchronised though, so you may want to either
automate that with macros or use formaulas to check for basic
consistency eg grand grand totals are the same.

Adam

On 22/02/2010 13:00, Yossi evenzur wrote:
> Hi
> can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table?
0
AdamV

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

Sales Cycle Flow Chart
I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can anyone send me the link that shows the entire sales cycle flow chart? I found some really nice graphics for this in the eLearning section of PartnerSource. If you do the Online eLearning, you can download the lessons for offline viewing, then save the images in the lessons. If memory serves, you'll find all sorts of great stuff in the MSCRM 3.0 - Application lessons. "Troy" wrote: > I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can > anyone send me the link tha...

"grouping" a table to prevent change from users
Hi, I would like to group an entire table with a wdContentControlGroup type of Content Control to prevent editing from users except in some wdContentControlRichText type of Content Control. I'm having problem in passing the right Range of the table. If I use: With ActiveDocument Set r = .Tables(1).Range Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlGroup, r) End With an error "5224" "Wrong selection" arise. If I use: With ActiveDocument .Tables(1).Select Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdCo...

Unruly chart
I am charting monthly call volumes in a line graph in which I have 7 series (a different line of business). Each series takes 12 cells of data, corresponding to each month of the year, which I have in a different worksheet. Usually I can hit Control and individually click the different cells so that they are all included in the Values, but for some reason this time, I get to the 10th month and it won't let me click on the cell. I click one more time and it starts me over, erasing the previous 9 cells that I have clicked on. Anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it? ...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

Pivot Table Freezes
I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, solutions out there. The machine has been checked out OK. I work on a network - checked out OK. Maybe this is the problem: XL2000: PivotTable Updated Slowly with OLAP Data Source http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=237469 Jimbo wrote: > I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze > when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, > solutions out there....

Pivot Table Data Ranges
I just upgraded to excel2000, and am finding out that keyboard shortcuts used in 97 do not exist in 2000. Does anyone know of a KEYBOARD shortcut to modify, expand and or create data ranges in the dialog box for entering the range for the pivot. I have many data 'lists' which are added to each month, and when I want to update the corresponding pivot table, I used to simply hit "shift" + "end" + "down arrow" to automatically go to the last populated cell in the list. In 2000, I either have to enter in the cell addy's manually or use the mouse...

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

COUNTIF across multiple sheets
I have a workbook that has five sheets - September. . . January. I have a range of cells (D6:D17) where I need to count the occurrence of specific text from all sheets . For example: In D6:D17 sheet September has four cells with "fries", two with "malt" and two with "shrimp", the balance of cells in the range are empty. In D6:D17 sheet November has four cells with "malt" and all other range cells are empty On a sheet named Total I want to total the occurrence of "fries", "shrimp" and "malt" on all sheets in the workbook. ...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

Small problem with a line chart
Hi I have a smal problem with a line chart. The chart shows progress of my teams league points over a season, the data is derived from a series of rows which I fill in after a game. In the data, I am using COUNTBLANK to have a blank cell until the row contains data EG =IF(COUNTBLANK(P53:Y53)>0,"",((P53+U53)*3)+Q53+V53) The problem is that the data series assumes unfilled rows (IE the future unplayed games) are zero, so there is a line that connects from the top of my line down to the zero on my X axis. I would just like the line to stop at the last value. Can anyone suggest a w...

Q: Charting with two variables on the Y-axis
Using Excel 2000: Hey all, I have two tables and want a line graph based on one row, but with the values of another row: Votes: ------ Region1: 10, 10, 15 Total: 50, 60, 100 Satisfaction Rates: ------------------- Region1: 60%, 80%, 45% Overall: 50%, 90%, 50% I want a line graph that compares the satisfaction rates of region 1 vs. overall (ie, it will show two lines, one for region1, one for overall). That's pretty straightforward. However, what I also want is, for Region1, to show the vote counts as values above (or below) the datapoints for the region 1 line. Can this be ...

Excel Pivot tables and charts
How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? Hi, Loss of chart formatting wwith regards to pivot charts is a know problem, which requires VBA to re apply recorded formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (Q215904) <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 > Cheers Andy Pauleze wrote: > How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) > after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP...

Multiple instances of Outlook #3
MS Office pro 2003 SP2 Situation: One PC multiple users. Normally logged on to PC and network as MainUser. One Outlook-account "MainUser" and 5 accounts "User1" etc. Normally we are logged on to Outlook with the account MainUser. By closing and restarting Outlook we can log on to any other of the accounts. Question: Is it possible to have multiple instances of Outlook open at the same time so we can view both MainUser and e.g. User1?? knut Outlook can only run under one MAPI profile at a time. XP's Quick user switching might allow you to run it multiple tim...

How to run a make table qry from switchboard
I have built a switchboard that runs reports. All of the reports are built from queries which have a common table. That table is built from a make table query. Question: How can I run the make table query from the switchboard so that my data is up to date? THANKS OK...I figured out how to get the Query to run...So now, how do I Supress the question windows and get them to automatically select "Yes" so the Make table will run without the user having to select Yes to delete and Yes to run? Thanks "Rachael" wrote: > I have built a switchboar...

One query to multiple databases
Hello, I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are not. Several times, every day, I run the same query on each of them, and then I combine all the results I get from each base. Is there anyway that I can do this automatically? Use a UNION query. -- Build a little, test a little. "bvdahl" wrote: > Hello, > > I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc > connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are...

Insert contents of a cell into a title of a chart
Is there a way??? On 2/20/05 5:14 PM, in article BE3E75D8.5B9%gregstenzel@comcast.net, "greg stenzel" <gregstenzel@comcast.net> wrote: > Is there a way??? > Also...I use a Mac and office 2004 If the chart already has a title: Click on the chart to select it Select the chart title Type an equal sign -- you'll see it appear in the formula bar (you don't need to click in the formula bar before typing) Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart, e.g. C6 Press the Enter key. If the chart doesn't have a title: Click on t...

linking multiple charts from one xcl workbook
I have a ppt presentation that uses six different charts that I created in an excel workbook. I want the charts in the ppt to update every time I enter data into the excel worksheet but when I use the link function "insert->object" it ends up putting the same chart on all the ppt slides rather than the one slide it needs to be on. Any help is appreciated. Insert Object From File inserts the active sheet at the time the file was last saved, or the active sheet at the time the object was inserted, if it is active in Excel at that time. I would recommend that you copy the cha...

Excel 2007 -- Dates in Pivot Tables in wrong order after refresh
I am using excel 2007 to look at time series data via pivot tables. I am importing the base data from a csv flat file into a sheet in excel -- that all works fine. I have then created a pivot based on the imported data sheet which has dates as the only enty in the Column Label. When I build the pivot initially all the dates are in the correct order from the oldest on the left to the newest on the furthest right. However when I update the underlying data sheet, by adding another months data and then refresh the pivot; the new dates are shown in a haphazard order on the pivot. ...

how do i sync multiple copies of the same excel file?
Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file automaticly. Each time one is changes, copy it over all the others. (use VBA code). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "graphicdoug" <graphicdoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D48C804-EC45-4F5E-BC77-DBBF295177A7@microsoft.com... > Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file > automaticly. ...

How do I automatically alphabetize multiple worksheets in a singl.
I have about 35 named worksheets in a workbook, and I would like to organize the sheets alphabetically. Is there a way to do this without moving each sheet individually by hand? I'm using Excel 2002. Thanks! You can use a macro: Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm David McRitchie's: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#sortallsheets If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm TS wrote: > > I have about 35 named worksheets in a workbook, and ...